• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

Finally done with Broly, what a pain in the ass. This game would benefit greatly from either a lower Stamina cost for stuff or a move to 3 minutes per stamina point.

In the end, the team that did it (with a little bit of RNG luck to help things) was

AGL Super Vegito + Friend SV
TEQ Mighty Mask
STR Saiyawoman
AGL Saiyaman
STR Family Goten
AGL Family Gohan

And pray to RNGesus / use Fruits to get Ki for MM and Saiyalady to always super and reduce DEF.

Now to grind Buu medals. And somehow I just realized I also have PHY Piccolo to awaken, so he's next after that.

Got 5 Majin Vegeta medals in my first 3 runs yesterday. Then I went 10 runs not getting a single drop. Out of pure frustration I moved back to grinding Story. Then this morning I got the last 2 in my first run of the day. Worst RNG.

Now I have to do the same for PHY Buu, AGL Goku and INT Trunks. :-/

What is going on in his crotch?

How dare you corrupt our God Card with your vile pervertedness!
maybe it's dongle intimidation? Thats how he reduces enemy defenses.

Don't worry it's 11 times.
77 for SV which I got already. 35 medals for each reg Vegito right?

Finally done with Broly, what a pain in the ass. This game would benefit greatly from either a lower Stamina cost for stuff or a move to 3 minutes per stamina point.

Yeah I hate this game's stamina system. Just... let me play the game. Are there really so many people spending money on DS just so they can keep playing? There are already so many events that time investment is high. Adding in prohibitive stamina costs just seems needless.

idonteven

damn had to use 5 stones on a super vegito fight...dude did super after super...just had the worst positioning ever

so stupid

gonna be glad when i got all the medals because doing this without a TUR is torture

edit: 6 stones now

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
damn had to use 5 stones on a super vegito fight...dude did super after super...just had the worst positioning ever

so stupid

gonna be glad when i got all the medals because doing this without a TUR is torture

6 stones... you'd be better off just dying and retrying by refilling your stamina until the placement is better.

so stupid

Agreed, just wait it out at that point. I spent a stone on that fight because I knew I could win next turn. Got supered and attacked at the start and would have lost if it wasn't for awakened friend SV. RNG out to get me.

so stupid

Definitely not worth the hassle when you're burning that many stones for it IMO. I know it's annoying having him available but just out of reach, but you're probably better off waiting for him to roll round again in a few weeks. You could use a pulls worth of stones trying to awaken him at that rate.

And you are likely gonna get get more rough runs where both him and even the TEQ Vegito are going to spam supers at you. If you can get a fierce battle link ready asap would save you so many stones as an SV lead can take half his health off in a single round if the counters line up.

Whooo! My ISP actually fixed my issue fast for once. Back to the player level grind. I did a multi on the AGL banner as well and pulled SSG Goku again which I was super pleased with. I saw an SSJ3 Goku at the start of the pull too and for a second was really hoping I'd had the luck to pull him in AGL form too, but alas no. That would have been all my favorite units back from my main other than SSJ Gotenks.

Edit: So I just noticed something strange. AGL SSG Goku uses PHY awakening medals? I just wasted way more stam than I'd have liked.

SSJ3 AGL Goku is dokkan festival exclusive. You can't get him from regular pulls.

Almost done with Farming my first medals for Goku. Gohan and Vegeta are next.

Meneses

Yeah, I used 1 stone on Broly because he had 1 bar left and I said fuck it, not doing all that again.

But generally I would rather just take the loss and use that stone to refresh stamina, which would give me 2 (and a half) attempts at him again.

So does LR Goku & LR Androids work like Strike characters? Where we up the SA of two copies of the characters, then SA, then merge em? If so screw that. The medals needed are obnoxious. I'm probably going to get it to SA 10 then just wait eons for Elder Kai carrds.
Edit: I gate the shitty RNG regarding space movement and which character gets KI. I launch SV. There's a ki thing Infront of me. I get 6,6,3. I moce 3 hoping to get the one 5 away. I get 1. Then 6. Then when I get enough to land on a ki after missing 3 others it gives it to kid Buu, piccolo, Whis. GIVE IT TO SV OR GOTENKS EDSGFFHRFHSF

Kitoro

Any surefire way to get Elder Kai SSRs? I don't think I've gotten a single one yet accidentally. What's the typical way of getting them outside of 10 Summon Special Events?

Thanks!

SSJ3 AGL Goku is dokkan festival exclusive. You can't get him from regular pulls.

Almost done with Farming my first medals for Goku. Gohan and Vegeta are next.

Ah ok, that's pretty awesome then getting the only character I really wanted on that banner first time. I guess I'll save up for a rate boosted Dokkan next or something.

By the way on Hero Extermination plan to do mission 14 it wants me to have all Super Types. Now does that mean all units have to be Super, or I need a rainbow team of all Supers? I don't want to waste medals on the wrong characters.

idonteven

had to use another 2 stones on super vegitos last health bar :( this team is so bad

this is the team...i can do it without using stones but i need to be lucky each round or i get fucked

pretty much the best cards i can use atm

fuckvegito11ses.png

Pulled Super Gogeta today with my last bit of gems on a single pull!!! Just started playing the day the crossover event started so I still have a lot to learn. It seems just as daunting to start as Treasure Cruise was. Hopefully there are some parallels I can draw to help learn everything.

If you need help just let any of us know. I wish Raxious was active so we could change the OP with some new things the game has added since the beginning to help new people like you.

By the way on Hero Extermination plan to do mission 14 it wants me to have all Super Types. Now does that mean all units have to be Super, or I need a rainbow team of all Supers? I don't want to waste medals on the wrong characters.

I went ahead and checked for you. All of them have to be Super type but don't have to be awakened and it tells you if you need 1 of every type which you do need for mission 14.

had to use another 2 stones on super vegitos last health bar :( this team is so bad

Quote username

I don't even know what you are thinking. Stop using stones to keep fighting. Especially after you die once and will die again if you aren't gonna finish it in the next turn. You are wasting precious stones needed for summons and expanding character space. If you are F2P its worse for you and if you P2W then you are wasting a ton of money doing that.

idonteven

If you need help just let any of us know. I wish Raxious was active so we could change the OP with some new things the game has added since the beginning to help new people like you.

I went ahead and checked for you. All of them have to be Super type but don't have to be awakened and it tells you if you need 1 of every type which you do need for mission 14.

Quote username

I don't even know what you are thinking. Stop using stones to keep fighting. Especially after you die once and will die again if you aren't gonna finish it in the next turn. You are wasting precious stones needed for summons and expanding character space. If you are F2P its worse for you and if you P2W then you are wasting a ton of money doing that.
i need my vegito to dokkan or else im stuck for the future events,i am wasting them now but he is gonna save them for me in the future

i need my vegito to dokkan or else im stuck for the future events,i am wasting them now but he is gonna save them for me in the future

SV is still top 5 strongest characters even without Dokkaning. I think you'll be fine for now. The event will come back some day and you can try it then.
Also, you should awaken Trunks and Kid Buu.

commish

As much as I think people shouldn't spend stones for doing the SV dokkan, I have to admit, if it costs you, say, 20 stones to do dokkan him, and you couldn't do it otherwise, then I can't really say it was a waste. I personally would rather try again, though.

Also, looking at your team, why don't you at least level and awaken your guys as far as they can go? There's no need to bring in SRs for this fight. Level them up! That's what I had to do.

idonteven

As much as I think people shouldn't spend stones for doing the SV dokkan, I have to admit, if it costs you, say, 20 stones to do dokkan him, and you couldn't do it otherwise, then I can't really say it was a waste. I personally would rather try again, though.

Also, looking at your team, why don't you at least level and awaken your guys as far as they can go? There's no need to bring in SRs for this fight. Level them up! That's what I had to do.

no medals :p this account is 6 days old

Aiii

So not worth it
You get more value for money spending 20 stones dokanning SV than spending 50 stones on a bunch of SR and R's, tbh. I don't think it is a mistake at all to do some continues.

SnakeEyes

Banned
WT has been postponed. I'm actually really happy about that. Too much content for me to go through.
Totally agree, what with all the current Dokkan Fest fights (including Dokkaning the two normal Vegitos), Trunks Super Strike, farming UR Gokus from Super Doffy, and item farming from Kid Bulma. There's just not enough stamina to go around!

There are 5 days left of the event. You could have spent a few days leveling up the account and then beating SV repeatedly without using any stones. All those stones could have been used to summon more AGL to beef up your mono AGL team.

Hell if anything those stones should have gone to refilling your energy so that you can beat SV event 11 times.

Why spend over 6 stones trying to beat SV when that could have been a summon that might net you a good unit?

Not to the point where you revive and die again and again a couple times instead of just 1 time. I personally think its a waste of stones.

no medals :p this account is 6 days old

Thats fine, you won't be able to dokkan SV for a while without money and medals anyways. If you spent time leveling up and getting better units, you'd have an easier time with farming SV is all I'm pointing out. This matters more if you are F2P since you have a limited amount of stones

You get more value for money spending 20 stones dokanning SV than spending 50 stones on a bunch of SR and R's, tbh. I don't think it is a mistake at all to do some continues.

It depends by case and with the medals dropping no matter what for SV, I don't think its wrong to quit and try again. Spending stones to get medals is good but not if you are reviving for it. You might as well back out and try again with a refill. You come back fresh with new tactics and refilled items.

this is the team...i can do it without using stones but i need to be lucky each round or i get fucked

pretty much the best cards i can use atm

fuckvegito11ses.png
Use Kid Buu as lead for tasty health boost. The fight will take longer but you're tanky. Also use Senzu Bean, Baba, Yama, and Ghost Usher if you can. Not sure if you have em due to how new your account is.

Any surefire way to get Elder Kai SSRs? I don't think I've gotten a single one yet accidentally. What's the typical way of getting them outside of 10 Summon Special Events?

Thanks!
World Tournament & buying using treasures(found in baba shop). I think you can only get gems as the other two are from events not currently available.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Use Kid Buu as lead for tasty health boost. The fight will take longer but you're tanky. Also use Senzu Bean, Baba, Yama, and Ghost Usher if you can. Not sure if you have em due to how new your account is.

Kid Buu's health boost is 50%, where as Vegito gives +50% hp, atk and def.

commish

Bulma's mission is running right now. I think it's worth it for new accounts to take a few spins through her mission for the items. They help so much.

Derp. Ignore me. I didn't notice his team was all AGL. I use a few TEQ so Buu lead is better for me lol.

Anywaaaaays ignoring my stupidity, 14 medals from DAing TEQ Vegito. Then it's onto INT Vegito, then 77 for LR. So. Much. Grinding!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Kid Buu could also still be relevant as a leader for the last couple stages of Heroes Extermination where you're forced to use a rainbow team. A team of Buus with infinite regeneration and metamorphosis would make the event easy.

But PHY Broly would also destroy that event.

Shit. I just looked up LR Androids to see what kind of medals they need. They require 7 medals from the Mystic Gohan event :(. I only farmed enough to DA three Gohans back when it was ez mode. Welp, looks like one Gohan will never acquire his potential, rip him.

Durden77

Ok I take back every thing I said about TEQ Whis earlier. Now that I know that his stun is for that turn only and have been positioning him accordingly, he's an angel. He's a goddess. He's everything Clive Owen said about Miho in Sin City. Mother fucker stuns like crazy.

Also I didn't rely on the "close the app when shit doesn't go your way" strategy at all because of how cheap it is, but I'm using it with Majin Vegeta and it's pretty amazing lol. Especially with Whis. Really surprised they haven't addressed it yet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Huh, coulda sworn I saw on the wiki the other day. Oh well not like they're weak anyway.

The two Super Saiyan Blues get dokkans if that's what you're mistaking them with. It came out about a month after Vegetto came out.

Though since we're missing the rest of the Quest and Japan went at a crazy accelerated pace at this point I could see global taking a little bit longer to get there. Maybe end of December

commish

Also I didn't rely on the "close the app when shit doesn't go your way" strategy at all because of how cheap it is, but I'm using it with Majin Vegeta and it's pretty amazing lol. Especially with Whis. Really surprised they haven't addressed it yet.

Other games have had it for years, and some even seem to design encounters around it. I have no problem force closing my app to avoid a super. I'd rather take the "cheap" way than waste 50 stam :)

Its 70% if the Kid Buu is Dokkaned but SV gets that anyways when he is Dokkan.

Any players of the JPN version know if the DA for SSG (BoG) Goku units were long after SV released?

I wish, both my AGL and STR would love one. I would hope AGL gets PFB and makes AGL even more disgustingly OP.

Anyways my Goku medal farming is done and now Gohan's turn. Need more AGL and TEQs to do this one. Why do villains have such terrible link skills? zzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom