• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

If they ever "fix" the force close trick i'll be a few steps away from quitting the game lol

Agreed. I rely on it way too much - avoid enemy supers, reorder friendly units if I don't like the way the orbs fall, and force close on the ki tiles until it gives bonuses to the units that I want to always super.

Durden77

Other games have had it for years, and some even seem to design encounters around it. I have no problem force closing my app to avoid a super. I'd rather take the "cheap" way than waste 50 stam :)

If they ever "fix" the force close trick i'll be a few steps away from quitting the game lol

Heh, well I'm definitely a believer. At least for these high risk missions. Also fuck these Majin Vegeta medals man. SO stupid that not only that they're not guarenteed, but the drop rate actually seems to suck. I need 3 more and it's going to take the rest of my life.

Does anyone know if you can keep reseting the game until Whis stuns? Or is it if he doesn't stun he won't that turn regardless of if you reset?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Does anyone know if you can keep reseting the game until Whis stuns? Or is it if he doesn't stun he won't that turn regardless of if you reset?

Think of it as a predetermined dice roll, but each slot is a different dice roll. i.e. If he fails to stun while in the first slot, reset and move him to second, if he fails then repeat and move to the third slot. If he fails there, then he just won't be stunning that turn.

If RNG is on your side, you can use this method and several stunners to keep a boss stunlocked.

Durden77

Think of it as a predetermined dice roll, but each slot is a different dice roll. i.e. If he fails to stun while in the first slot, reset and move him to second, if he fails then repeat and move to the third slot. If he fails there, then he just won't be stunning that turn.

If RNG is on your side, you can use this method and several stunners to keep a boss stunlocked.

Ahhhhh quite interesting and quite useful. Thanks a lot.

Man fuck this shit man. Stuck at 4 Majin Vegeta medals forever. Ran this mission over 10 times. And this mission isn't easy for me either with my characters. Have to use a lot of items. Not fun. Not fun at all.

I kinda wanna make a list of best units per type. But I'd have to search through a ton. Some are easy to take out though like SSJ STR Bardock. That guy is probably the 2nd saddest UR next to Majuub.

I kinda wanna make a list of best units per type. But I'd have to search through a ton. Some are easy to take out though like SSJ STR Bardock. That guy is probably the 2nd saddest UR next to Majuub.

With the exception of Ultimate Gohan that is=P

I'll never get Ultimate Gohan :[. Speaking of which, which of the three Ultimate Gohans is the worst? I have enough medals to DA all three of em, however, LR Androids also need Gohan medals and I don't even wanna go into that stage with it's intended difficulty. Unless SV wrecks, that is.

Speaking of which, is there a point in keeping Android #17 & #18 cards that aren't that great? Can they guarantee SA increase the base cards of the LR Androids?

I'll never get Ultimate Gohan :[. Speaking of which, which of the three Ultimate Gohans is the worst? I have enough medals to DA all three of em, however, LR Androids also need Gohan medals and I don't even wanna go into that stage with it's intended difficulty. Unless SV wrecks, that is.

Speaking of which, is there a point in keeping Android #17 & #18 cards that aren't that great? Can they guarantee SA increase the base cards of the LR Androids?

I don't think the LR androids up their SA from either #17 or #18 since its both units in 1 card.

For the worst Ultimate Gohan it all depends on what you need. PHY does the most damage and is the best for Rainbow Teams if you need Ki and don't have Gogeta.

AGL can stun and is very strong with SV in a Mono AGL team.

INT is great for Mono as well and he can super basically any time he wants.

Since INT is weakest color I'd say INT Gohan is weakest overall but he has his uses in battles.

How is the drop rate for the UR Goku in the new Z-Hard stage of the crossover event compared to the rate from Super hard? Trying to maximize my stamina farming him.

Meneses

Ahhhhh quite interesting and quite useful. Thanks a lot.

Man fuck this shit man. Stuck at 4 Majin Vegeta medals forever. Ran this mission over 10 times. And this mission isn't easy for me either with my characters. Have to use a lot of items. Not fun. Not fun at all.

Good luck, if I recall correctly it took me 2 and a half stamina bars.

And it seems it's going the same way with Buu :(

Is it worth farming to raise the free Broly's SA to 10? I'm mostly gonna be using him as linker/ki battery for Phy God leader Broly (although he's mediocre even at that). There's so much going on right now I'd rather use my stamina for other things, but he does get an Extreme modifier for his super after Dokkaning.

Is it worth farming to raise the free Broly's SA to 10? I'm mostly gonna be using him as linker/ki battery for Phy God leader Broly (although he's mediocre even at that). There's so much going on right now I'd rather use my stamina for other things, but he does get an Extreme modifier for his super after Dokkaning.

Unless you need a PHY UR I wouldn't bother. Focus on other things that need your 20 energy.

Savitar

I don't think the LR androids up their SA from either #17 or #18 since its both units in 1 card.

For the worst Ultimate Gohan it all depends on what you need. PHY does the most damage and is the best for Rainbow Teams if you need Ki and don't have Gogeta.

AGL can stun and is very strong with SV in a Mono AGL team.

INT is great for Mono as well and he can super basically any time he wants.

Since INT is weakest color I'd say INT Gohan is weakest overall but he has his uses in battles.

INT Gohan is actually a very good one to have due to so few INT's being able to match him. Might not be the best Ultimate Gohan but still damn great to have and probably the default INT if you got him since might not be anything that matches him unless you use Janemba.

Grinding stage 22 of the Evil event to get UR INT Trunks medals. This fight takes forever - all my good characters are Super, not Extreme. I haven't lost yet but each fight lasts almost 15 minutes.

So which stage is the one that gives 20 gregories? If it's the 8 stam doffy mission I don't think it has dropped once and the 4 stam hasn't dropped any either.

Kettch

So which stage is the one that gives 20 gregories? If it's the 8 stam doffy mission I don't think it has dropped once and the 4 stam hasn't dropped any either.

Epic Showdown normal drops 5 gregories every time for 4ap. That's what I've been doing on my new account to get everyone awakened.

MisterMac

This game is a lot less fun when you can't level up without spending your entire stamina bar on 3x quest exp to level up. Stamina restrictions make me feel like I can't get anything done.

Aiii

So not worth it
I only have mostly shitty Extreme types, so of course I need a bunch of medals from the Villain side of the event to dokkan awake my Super UR's. Oh joy. These fights are taking forever...

Thank Zen-Oh there's no WT.

I only have mostly shitty Extreme types, so of course I need a bunch of medals from the Villain side of the event to dokkan awake my Super UR's. Oh joy. These fights are taking forever...

Thank Zen-Oh there's no WT.

I've found all my good Extreme guys are INTs, and there's that damn condition where you have to have one of each color, so I can't load up on my good Extreme cards. I'm making some janky Extreme rainbow teams that make little sense and drag out the fights.

Yeah this villains-only thing suuuuucks. If not for Broly I'd have zero good units, but even with him it's pulling teeth because the links are all bad. He has a decent link with Possessed Goten but that's about it. Using Fruit of Tree of Might every fight just to get something going.

Is anyone having good luck with the medal drops for the villain event? I did the one that drops Trunks medals 7 times yesterday and only got the guaranteed first-time medal. The rest were all 5x training pills.

MiTYH

Yeah this villains-only thing suuuuucks. If not for Broly I'd have zero good units, but even with him it's pulling teeth because the links are all bad. He has a decent link with Possessed Goten but that's about it. Using Fruit of Tree of Might every fight just to get something going.

Yeah that's kind of my thing. I could farm the Goku medals for that free one they gave us, buuuut my villains suck now. And since JPN eventually gets this coming back every weekend (I think?), I'm going to hold off on these and wait for better units for myself.

Been farming Doffy pretty well now, AGL This really helps out for free healing. Got my INT and PHY Goku maxed. Working on the AGL one and then I'll start saving for LR Goku.

Arrrammis

Where are people talking about these free Broly's and UR cards from the crossover? I still only see SSR STR Goku.

The "free" Broly is from the first stage of the Broly Dokkan event. You can get a Broly card (not Legendary super saiyan though) and dokkan awaken it into a fairly good PHY villain card.

The free UR card is the STR Goku that you mentioned. It can drop pre-awakened(UR instead of SSR) from the super difficulty mission, which is good for leveling up super attack.

The "free" Broly is from the first stage of the Broly Dokkan event. You can get a Broly card (not Legendary super saiyan though) and dokkan awaken it into a fairly good PHY villain card.

The free UR card is the STR Goku that you mentioned. It can drop pre-awakened(UR instead of SSR) from the super difficulty mission, which is good for leveling up super attack.

That Broly is best Broly anyway art wise. Broly cards are kind of odd imo, I'd take the old STR Broly over the new PHY Broly any day. I don't see it being half as useful as the old card.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Gotta farm the Bulma stage just to get items to farm the Villains Event.

I don't have a single Extreme +ki lead so I burned through all of my Trees of Might.

idonteven

it happend

vegito8eqi0.jpg

I got the UR card from the super event. So it's not really worth doing super difficulty anymore and I can just focus on the z-hard stage(unless super has a much higher drop rate, which I haven't noticed).

Can I borrow a bunch of TUR Vegito friends? I only have like 2 and they're not even max level. It takes me a good half an hour just to finish the fight lol.

Durden77

Ohhhh gotcha. Haven't tried super yet, dunno if I can handle it.

Finally got the Majin Vegeta medals. Glad to have him for the WT. That was awful. I really, really hope I can awaken SV or Broly before they go, but I just don't see it happening.

it happend

vegito8eqi0.jpg
Edit: I quoted you and forgot to respond, derp.

Congrats! Welcome to the club <3. Now do your duty and add as many gaffers as possible :p
Ohhhh gotcha. Haven't tried super yet, dunno if I can handle it.

Finally got the Majin Vegeta medals. Glad to have him for the WT. That was awful. I really, really hope I can awaken SV or Broly before they go, but I just don't see it happening.
Duffy has a shit ton of health. Like over 6 Supers from TUR SV SA 9 and TUR Gogeta SA 10.

Can the Goku we get be fed to LR Goku? Many Gokus can be fed to a different Goku card for that sweet 100% SA increase. Does it work with LR and this card too?

It's better to farm UR Goku from Z-Hard than Super, no? Anecdotally, the droprates seem alright (i've only done it twice but got 1 card from it. Super is bastard hard, thanks to those stupid adds.)

Meneses

Thanks, I sent a friend request. Username is eteP, rank 46 with a TUR Super Gogeta lead right now.

Just added you plus the rest of the Gaf people on the file. I have Broly as a leader right now but will switch back to SV in a few minutes.

(Btw, is DarkHeartedKill's in-game name Yamcha or is there a typo somewhere in the User ID? lol)

Just added you plus the rest of the Gaf people on the file. I have Broly as a leader right now but will switch back to SV in a few minutes.

(Btw, is DarkHeartedKill's in-game name Yamcha or is there a typo somewhere in the User ID? lol)

There's a typo because I'm dumb and I'm used to using DarkHeartedKill everywhere, and forgot I used Yamcha to be an ironic asshat. I'll update the doc lol.

Edit: just a little piece of advice, I'd recommend you Favourite any gaffers so you don't accidentally remove em when clearing space. Like sometimes I'll switch my lead to a crappy lead for a bit because I'm leveling up some of my weaker guys that I wanna DA but don't wanna spend FP to get feeding fodders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom