• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 more SV medals and I have enough to DA INT & TEQ Vegito, as well as LR Androids. Pretty sure it works like Strike characters, but if that's the case screw it. I'm not gonna go through the process of DAing two of these mofos and merging em. Elder Kai will be my bff

MisterMac

There is tons to save for. If you have Super Vegito going for the other gods isn't really necessary so you want to spend on banners to improve your blue team.

Banners to look out for:

Fusion Banner: Brapan is an AGL with a +3 Ki passive and Fuses Fighter link.
SSJ3 Dokkanfest: AGL SSJ3 Goku is a beast
SSBKK: One of the hardest hitting AGL cards and has Shocking Speed plus Over in Flash.

AGL SSB Goku is worth it too as after his dokkan he becomes quite a badass

And IMO going after INT Ultimate Gohan is worth it too. Shocking Speed and a beast. I might spend another 50 stones on the Super Vegito banner just as a Hail Mary for him or Gogeta

Lagamorph

There is tons to save for. If you have Super Vegito going for the other gods isn't really necessary so you want to spend on banners to improve your blue team.

Banners to look out for:

Fusion Banner: Brapan is an AGL with a +3 Ki passive and Fuses Fighter link.
SSJ3 Dokkanfest: AGL SSJ3 Goku is a beast
SSBKK: One of the hardest hitting AGL cards and has Shocking Speed plus Over in Flash.

AGL SSB Goku is worth it too as after his dokkan he becomes quite a badass

And IMO going after INT Ultimate Gohan is worth it too. Shocking Speed and a beast. I might spend another 50 stones on the Super Vegito banner just as a Hail Mary for him or Gogeta
I think I already have AGL SSB Goku and INT Ultimate Gohan. Got them from all my Super Vegito pulls when the free extra pull was on.

Hilarious how easy the Heroes event is versus the villain event. Cruise through everything with a TUR Gogeta lead and a SV/Gogeta friend. Meanwhile in villains it's fucking struggles to do anything because for some reason they ban the color you actually need to do damage to the bosses half the time. And the only medals I need are from that event (Goku and Gohan). Bad times.

MisterMac

I think I already have AGL SSB Goku and INT Ultimate Gohan. Got them from all my Super Vegito pulls when the free extra pull was on.

Both of those cards are monsters on a Super Vegito team. SSBKK has the same name as SSB Goku so they can't be used together so you may not wanna chase SSBKK that hard since after his dokkan SSB Goku is excellent

Skii

How did your tickets go? I had 39 and only got 2 SSRs, but they were 2 god leads when I had none before so I can't complain

I had 49 and got only 1 SSR from it, luckily it was SSJ3 Gotenks. But yeah, I'm always having terrible luck. I remember I did 16 multis on the Super Vegito banner when it first came out in Japan and I only got 1 SSR in my last multi. Imagine that. It somehow managed to be Super Vegito but I still felt really hollow after it. That's just insanely bad luck.

For me to have 2 god leads is beyond me considering the way my luck functions in this game.

What's with the "god leader" term anyway? Is that just something the community dubbed the best leaders (with +2/3 ki and +50% atk/def/hp)?

Also, what's the T in TUR stand for?

There are 5 leader cards at the moment in Japan (Super Vegito, Broly, SSJ3 Gotenks, Buuhan and Omega Shenron) that give +3ki as well as a 70% increase to HP, attack and defence to all of the same colour as them. That's why mono teams are the meta at the moment. And to add to all of that, these units have some insane passives like Super Vegito's ability to counter attack as well as taking basically no damage.

Omega Shenron nerfed STR so hard by being its God leader. He isn't so bad and better than Broly for sure but he is worse than Vegito and Buuhan. Being a villain and non SSJ makes STR lose a lot of appeal compared to the others. INT doesn't have super good SSJs so its not a big deal for Buuhan

Its like this as far as I know in JP mono teams.

SV > Buuhan,Omega Shenron > Gotenks > Broly

I really hope its SSJ4 Gogeta thats the rainbow lead and not SSJ4 Goku alone or SSJ4 Vegeta. Cause then Gogeta would have to get some obscene ability like +6ki for all +100% everything

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Omega Shenron nerfed STR so hard by being its God leader. He isn't so bad and better than Broly for sure but he is worse than Vegito and Buuhan. Being a villain and non SSJ makes STR lose a lot of appeal compared to the others. INT doesn't have super good SSJs so its not a big deal for Buuhan

Its like this as far as I know in JP mono teams.

SV > Buuhan,Omega Shenron > Gotenks > Broly

I really hope its SSJ4 Gogeta thats the rainbow lead and not SSJ4 Goku alone or SSJ4 Vegeta. Cause then Gogeta would have to get some obscene ability like +6ki for all +100% everything
Wrong
SV > Buuhan,Omega Shenron > Gotenks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broly

Ashodin

Last 50 pull nnnghhhhhhh

Uy1VVkD.png

MisterMac

Sv = buuhan > gotenks = shenron > Broly is how I would rate the God leaders.

I think this is pretty accurate personally. Buuhan's healing shouldn't be underestimated especially paired with Ki Batteries like Turles and tanks like Janemba. PHY like of a tank keeps Broly from being incredible. Hopefully a certain Rose of a different color will be PHY and tanky

I'm linking my irl friend to the google doc. If any kind TUR Super Vegito friends would accept his request I'd be grateful. He's trying to get his Super Vegito dokkaned on his reroll account but he had to spend some time getting his team together. In game name is DaGito

Durden77

So with the Fierce Battle link, do the characters actually have to activate the link skill for the damage to work, or do they just have it?

Because if it's the former I'm fucked. Only way I can get it right now is through a friend.

So with the Fierce Battle link, do the characters actually have to activate the link skill for the damage to work, or do they just have it?

Because if it's the former I'm fucked. Only way I can get it right now is through a friend.

A link is needed for the damage. It helps a lot if you have a TUR Kid Buu because he gives you health regen everytime he's up & has the link skill.

Edit: I may have deleted a couple of Gaffers by accident when trying to make space. If I did delete you just shoot my another f.r, :p I have room for 5 peeps so ye. I just need to beat SV two more times then I can switch out AGL TUR Kid buu and put TUR SV for those who need it

HawthorneKitty

I think this is pretty accurate personally. Buuhan's healing shouldn't be underestimated especially paired with Ki Batteries like Turles and tanks like Janemba. PHY like of a tank keeps Broly from being incredible. Hopefully a certain Rose of a different color will be PHY and tanky

I'm linking my irl friend to the google doc. If any kind TUR Super Vegito friends would accept his request I'd be grateful. He's trying to get his Super Vegito dokkaned on his reroll account but he had to spend some time getting his team together. In game name is DaGito
A single PHY tank (even if identical to SV) will not save PHY. The problem of PHY starts with Broly; you are forced to use two of them and he only has 1 relevant link, PfB. This automatically locks PHY as being a Saiyan team, so SGotenks, SSGoku and SS2 Goku are required. Throw in Goku Black because he's PHY's new mehness and that leaves you with 1 slot. This is where things SUCK. You want to use FPFrieza but he has no Ki support. What's that, just put him with SS2 Goku? Fuck that, your Brolys should be separated and automatically a lock in the first 2 turn slots so you'll see those 2 together every like 6 turns. Syn Shenron is a card you actually want to use because his Super"passive finally does some reasonable stat reduction, but his links suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

The future of PHY lies in the need of units with 2/3 of these links PfB, F&F and GT. So, evil sayains, GT sayains or GT bad guys. It needs a % blocker, an at least 50% stunner with an atk% Super passive to replace SSGoku and something that reduces attack greatly to replace the need of SS2Goku's ki battery role. Other mono teams don't need perfect synergy, but PHY does because you have 2 Brolys and they suck with linking.

You can see Bamco realize this mistake after Gotenks by giving SS to top tier units because it is a foolproof link...except PHY.

Kitoro

Any estimates as to when we may see the Ultimate Gohan Dokkan Events come back around?

Will that event be easy with a dual UR Super Vegito team? Thanks!

Any estimates as to when we may see the Ultimate Gohan Dokkan Events come back around?

Will that event be easy with a dual UR Super Vegito team? Thanks!

Dokkan events rotate around a lot. Expect it to come back in January if not earlier.

Dual SV team should be able to take anything except Gotenks fight and some other TEQ fights. Just make sure to have Baba to force the Super attacks off and get the counter hits.

HawthorneKitty

Dokkan events rotate around a lot. Expect it to come back in January if not earlier.

Dual SV team should be able to take anything except Gotenks fight and some other TEQ fights. Just make sure to have Baba to force the Super attacks off and get the counter hits.
Nah, Double SV beats everything.

Savitar

Did anyone with a PHY Ult Gohan try to add me yesterday? I see someone wants too but I can't see their name oddly enough. Don't know if it's a Gaffer or not.

Durden77

A link is needed for the damage. It helps a lot if you have a TUR Kid Buu because he gives you health regen everytime he's up & has the link skill.

Edit: I may have deleted a couple of Gaffers by accident when trying to make space. If I did delete you just shoot my another f.r, :p I have room for 5 peeps so ye. I just need to beat SV two more times then I can switch out AGL TUR Kid buu and put TUR SV for those who need it

Dammit. Yeah TUR SV is hopeless for me then. I have characters than can have fierce battle once Dokkaned (SV, Broly, AGL Ultimate Gohan), but I can't DA them right now. Broly is hopeless, the only rampage preventative cards I have are Kid Trunks and that original SSR AGL Goku we got that is not leveled.

Also does anyone know if the Angel Goku cam be farmed in the Goku event? Or only the R Goku?

I haven't been getting many SSRs lately in pulls but I have been getting dupes of my good SRs to raise their special attacks. That's actually been kind of nice and gives them more validity since I don't have many OP characters.

Durden77

Just pulled 300 stones worth on the Dokkan banner because I decided I have no self control all of a sudden.

SSRs were...

INT Golden Frieza
PHY Kid Trunks
TEQ GT Trunks
TEQ Pikkon
INT #18
INT Vegito

I feel like I have regrets. Dunno why I did this.

Also I hate how many Trunks I have now. Have GT Trunks, AGL Xeno Trunks, INT Future Trunks, and PHY Kid Trunks. Christ. At least they're all different versions.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I thought I'd have similar luck to earlier this week when I pulled Broly and AGL Frieza within 4 single pulls.

I regret everything, especially when I kept saying "juuust one more..."

The only two cards I can really think of that I want right now is the AGI God Goku one and Xeno PHY Trunks.

I want STR Evil Buu to finish my Buu team. There isn't much I want for cards in the near future now that I have SV. Everything is just extra. I won't mind more God leads of course but I'm not gonna trip over myself to get them.

SSBKK Goku is the top card for my mono team but other than that, its all good atm.

MiTYH

Well, I've managed to get every single Goku I have up to SA 10, except for the farmable one itself, haha. I do have 9 saved for LR goku, so I guess I'll get another 9, bring up the farmable one, and finally move on to something else.

Been decent leveling up with Doffy, and the drop rates on the last stage aren't terrible.

Well, I've managed to get every single Goku I have up to SA 10, except for the farmable one itself, haha. I do have 9 saved for LR goku, so I guess I'll get another 9, bring up the farmable one, and finally move on to something else.

Been decent leveling up with Doffy, and the drop rates on the last stage aren't terrible.

SV double team is killing Doffy really easily and the drop rate has been kind to me. I have about 8 Gokus to level up all the way to 10 so rip energy.

Anyone know when the tourney will start?

Shanlei91

I have more success beating Doffy with a double SV team than a double Broly team. PHY units really are lacking in support.

Also managed to put together a SV leader semi-rainbow team that can farm stage 18-3 as comfortably as the team on my previous account. I do miss having Int Chaotzu paralyzing them all though.

Phy sucks and I'm super salty I got two Broly's and no SV. Even on his own merits, that Broly card's passive is so far behind SV's it's ridiculous. Hell, a good Gogeta super will do more damage than 2 of Broly's against the same target.

Stages 21 and 23 aren't as easy because of the Str units but he is brutal to poor Vegeta/Trunks on stage 22. Was able to get my Trunks medals easily.

Unfortunately I need the Gohan medals from the last stage but decided it's not worth it. I had to spend a stone and all of my items just to clear it the first time. My villain team is complete garbage except for Broly, I think he's the only UR I've got.

Oy, just remembered LR goku goes to SA 20, not 10. Time to get 9 more UR Gokus

Ye about that. So his base card that goes to SA 10 gets uped by the TEQ SSJ Goku we got from WT. Can the Duffy SSJ Goku up the LR version of the card? If so I'ma grind out 10 more.

Also, is SSJ Goku Pinnacle of Anger worth getting to SA 10?

Savitar

I want STR Evil Buu to finish my Buu team. There isn't much I want for cards in the near future now that I have SV. Everything is just extra. I won't mind more God leads of course but I'm not gonna trip over myself to get them.

SSBKK Goku is the top card for my mono team but other than that, its all good atm.

I've got so many Buu's I don't really want to see any mo..wait......what's that.......Buuhan.....okay fine......one more.

I've got so many Buu's I don't really want to see any mo..wait......what's that.......Buuhan.....okay fine......one more.

Need to hold out for a proper Kid Buu too. The PHY one is total shit and the AGL one's ability is bad since SV does it himself with 70% hp + attack and defense even if its AGL only.

Durden77

Wait so you can only buy Elder Kai once at Baba's shop? Fuuucck. How am I supposed to level all these dude's SAs?

Also is GT Teq Trunks really that bad? Not really too surprised, I don't like GT Trunks he's kind of a ween, but from what I'm seeing he's at the very bottom of the JPN tier list which is depressing since I pulled him.

Shanlei91

Wait so you can only buy Elder Kai once at Baba's shop? Fuuucck. How am I supposed to level all these dude's SAs?

Whenever the Baba shop updates with new stuff / there's an event with another form of currency, more Elder Kais become available for purchase. There are also those special "multisummon get an elder kai" promos, like the recent Rising Dragon banner. The steady source of them come from World Tournament prizes every month. You get 3 for ranking 1k-5k, 2 for ranking 5k to 20k, etc. They're also rarely tied to events. For example, it's a one time reward for stage 20 of the hero extermination.

Durden77

Whenever the Baba shop updates with new stuff / there's an event with another form of currency, more Elder Kais become available for purchase. There are also those special "multisummon get an elder kai" promos, like the recent Rising Dragon banner. The steady source of them come from World Tournament prizes every month. You get 3 for ranking 1k-5k, 2 for ranking 5k to 20k, etc. They're also rarely tied to events. For example, it's a one time reward for stage 20 of the hero extermination.

Ahh I see. It's so tough to decide which SA I should level between SV, Broly, and Majin Vegeta. Think I'm gonna focus on Vegeta for now, seems especially useful to him and especially with the WT coming up.

Savitar

Need to hold out for a proper Kid Buu too. The PHY one is total shit and the AGL one's ability is bad since SV does it himself with 70% hp + attack and defense even if its AGL only.

I think that PHY one is the only one I don't have. Currently.

Also is GT Teq Trunks really that bad? Not really too surprised, I don't like GT Trunks he's kind of a ween, but from what I'm seeing he's at the very bottom of the JPN tier list which is depressing since I pulled him.

It gets restocked later on. Or when they update the store.

The only Trunks that is really desired is Xeno Trunks PHY due to his AOE. He does have a pretty solid AGI Xeno Trunks card tho.

Shanlei91

Ahh I see. It's so tough to decide which SA I should level between SV, Broly, and Majin Vegeta. Think I'm gonna focus on Vegeta for now, seems especially useful to him and especially with the WT coming up.

Remember that Super Attacks have different tiers of damage. Upping the super attack works as a multiplier, so you want to focus on who dishes the most damage at SA1. Majin Vegeta has the lowest damage of the three so a SA1 MV to SA10 MV will have little difference vs the jump from SA1 SV to SA10 SV.

That's way too many acronyms. I would pump it into Super Vegito first.

Durden77

It gets restocked later on. Or when they update the store.

The only Trunks that is really desired is Xeno Trunks PHY due to his AOE. He does have a pretty solid AGI Xeno Trunks card tho.

I actually have that Xeno AGL card, and yeah it's pretty good. This game loves to give me SSR Trunks-es. I have nearly every SSR Trunks EXCEPT for PHY Xeno.

Remember that Super Attacks have different tiers of damage. Upping the super attack works as a multiplier, so you want to focus on who dishes the most damage at SA1. Majin Vegeta has the lowest damage of the three so a SA1 MV to SA10 MV will have little difference vs the jump from SA1 SV to SA10 SV.

That's way too many acronyms. I would pump it into Super Vegito first.

Crap, already fed the Elder Kai to him. I figured since his SA is weaker pumping it up would help the AOE a lot. That makes sense. I have SVs SA at 4, Broly at 2, and now Majin Vegeta at 3 now. Is SA 3 enough to knock out WT teams? If so I'll probably just focus on SV then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom