• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm pretty sure bandai has inside info on major characters/plot events so they can get a head start on new stuff and have it coincide with/abuse the hype.

"Dragonball Super is brought to you by Bandai!"

The show only exists to sell products. I ain't even mad.

Past 300 pages if you do the 50 posts thing so yay for us I'm amazed they skipped straight to SSB Vegito when they don't even have Zamasu cards out.

New Future Trunks and a Mai card would be nice additions. I hope the new chapters come out next month so that we can start farming some free stones.

Kitoro

Any realistic ideas on what to expect with these two new 11/17 units? I'm thinking the logical leader skill progression will be +3 Ki and 100% Boost to HP, Attack, and Defense. That's a decent power creep in my book.

Skii

Any realistic ideas on what to expect with these two new 11/17 units? I'm thinking the logical leader skill progression will be +3 Ki and 100% Boost to HP, Attack, and Defense. That's a decent power creep in my book.

People are assuming it will be just the 100% attack, defence and HP leaders for STR and INT. That would be disappointing personally as you kinda need that +3ki leader. I'm hoping it's what you're suggesting but it'd make sense they'd fill out the two other "demi-god" leaders that we're missing.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Honestly, if it's just that "small" an upgrade, I will be happy with my 70% god leaders (to the extent I have any). If it's something totally dumb like +4 ki, 120% HP/Att/DeF and grants everyone counterattack, then I'm out.

People are assuming it will be just the 100% attack, defence and HP leaders for STR and INT. That would be disappointing personally as you kinda need that +3ki leader. I'm hoping it's what you're suggesting but it'd make sense they'd fill out the two other "demi-god" leaders that we're missing.

I'd be pretty upset with that if they took SSB Vegito and made him weaker than SV. Then again SSBKK is like that.

Shanlei91

Honestly, if it's just that "small" an upgrade, I will be happy with my 70% god leaders (to the extent I have any). If it's something totally dumb like +4 ki, 120% HP/Att/DeF and grants everyone counterattack, then I'm out.

If it's the latter, there's a good chance I won't drop any money on the game again any time soon.

I'd rather there be different units that make you think what you should bring for each situation rather than just increasing numbers on what is "the best" card. I still can't get over how Vegito with an AGL team does everything better than anyone else, even against TEQ bosses.

Savitar

Why would you release SSB Vegito based on a preview? Lol.

Because it was most of him in the episode anyways that left some people disappointed there wasn't more.

Also Lol since that's suppose to apparently mean I find your remark amusing and this is my way of dismissing it as if you were a plebeian of low intelligence and birth. Lol.

Skii

I'd be pretty upset with that if they took SSB Vegito and made him weaker than SV. Then again SSBKK is like that.

Yeah transformations mean nothing in terms of how strong a card will be. SSJ4 Gogeta whenever he comes (prob 2 year anniversary) will be ridiculously OP even though canon-wise, SSB is supposed to be way stronger.

Durden77

Jesus, that's what you have to do to get a strike character to SA? I just figured their SA cap would go up to 15 after they were Dokkaned.

That sounds miserable.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Some of us got how many now.....five or six such all done.
I do seem to be missing part of the conversation, but if you're referring to Super Strike characters, we're (Global) already at 10.

- AGL Vegeta
- AGL Piquhuan
- TEQ Jackie Chun
- TEQ Mighty Mask
- INT Android #16
- INT King Vegeta
- STR Cyborg Tao
- STR Trunks
- PHY Mecha Frieza
- PHY King Cold

Next one on the list in INT Chilled.

For those that need a refresher on how much the increase in damage is for super attacks & levels:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3fv2xx/info_damage_increase_with_super_atk_level/

"Low Damage" (General Blue): 130% + 10%/lvl
"Damage": 150%-170% + 10%/lvl
"Huge Damage": 200% + 10%/lvl
"Extreme Damage": 220% + 15%/lvl
"Catastrophic/Supreme Damage": 250% + 20%/lvl
"Immense Damage": 280% +25%/lvl
LR SSJ Goku: 320% +10%/lvl

So a SA15 Extreme Damage super would deal 430% damage. For reference, an Immense Damage lvl 1 does 280% damage. So SA15 is nice.

Granted if your character has a really low attack stat to begin with, it's going to amp it up well but still might be underwhelming.

Am I doing this math right?

Durden77

Well the cap does go up after dokkan, the rest doesn't, that's where there's a problem lol

Ohhh I see. So when they are Dokkaned their orignal card's SA increase rate is 100%.

That makes sense. Annoying, but makes sense. I've just started on the strike characters and I'm annoyed enough just getting them to SA10.

I do seem to be missing part of the conversation, but if you're referring to Super Strike characters, we're (Global) already at 10.

- AGL Vegeta
- AGL Piquhuan
- TEQ Jackie Chun
- TEQ Mighty Mask
- INT Android #16
- INT King Vegeta
- STR Cyborg Tao
- STR Trunks
- PHY Mecha Frieza
- PHY King Cold

Next one on the list in INT Chilled.

The bolded are the ones I've actually bothered to SA 15. Mecha Frieza needs Turtle medals to finish though.

KC, Jackie are both SA 10 so I need a few more to finish them up. But first I need to farm SSJ Goku more for all my good Gokus

Savitar

For those curious or had planned to get it DB Fusion appears to have been moved up from December to November 22!

Tis a 3DS game where you of course do fusions.

And yes there are combinations already planned down the road for us to get like Kroly .

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The Fusions banner will be the first of the new type of GSSR. The only SSRs in the banner are the new cards and you can do a GSSR multi 3 times. 3 of the cards from this banner dokkan later

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh damn did not notice the Chilled Super Strike was coming to global close to when LR Goku comes. Chilled is supposed to make the event much much easier

Are the drop rates for the characters needed for LR Goku actually intended to be this low? Did they increase it at all on JPN or just keep it this way? It's a miserable experience since a stam bar rarely even results in a single drop.

MiTYH

This Whis grind is killing me. 7/10

Bleh, I want Whis, but I have other priorities for now. Eventually that will be my hell though.

For me, I FINALLY got 5 King Vegeta drops yesterday but it took all day. Bit a stamina refill bullet so I could farm INT medals, which I need a lot of for both A16 and KV. Did alright with them considering. Today I farm the last few KV medals, already have 5 so 2 more left and I'm done with this super strike event. Then I'll probably got back to Doffy farming until Chilled/LR Goku arrive

Savitar

Getting Whis to 10 isn't so bad, the sad fact is if you can do so chances are yo won't use him anyways since you got better.

Happens with so many farmable ones.

MiTYH

Getting Whis to 10 isn't so bad, the sad fact is if you can do so chances are yo won't use him anyways since you got better.

Happens with so many farmable ones.

Idk, AGL Whis can be clutch in a number of events, mono AGL for free healing, or even WT for a free heal.

Shanlei91

I really miss triple quest XP. Going from being able to play without pause back to only being able to play 90 minutes a day feels weird.

On the bright side, I managed to rack up over 45 UR SS Gokus.

rsniper59

Neo Member
I feel like I'm missing something with these Z-Hard Super Strike events. I can't seem to assemble a team at 100 cost that can even put a dent in the boss' second stages. Not just with the current two SS events either, it's been consistent.

I don't have any of the god leaders or characters' whose SA's can do 500k damage, so is that my problem? It just doesn't seem like 100 cost grants nearly enough ATK, HP, and DEF to deal with the boss. I feel like putting together a team of entirely PHY/Super PHY, with a +3 PHY Ki leader would be enough but I'm never even coming close!

I feel like I'm missing something with these Z-Hard Super Strike events. I can't seem to assemble a team at 100 cost that can even put a dent in the boss' second stages. Not just with the current two SS events either, it's been consistent.

I don't have any of the god leaders or characters' whose SA's can do 500k damage, so is that my problem? It just doesn't seem like 100 cost grants nearly enough ATK, HP, and DEF to deal with the boss. I feel like putting together a team of entirely PHY/Super PHY, with a +3 PHY Ki leader would be enough but I'm never even coming close!

Hard to say without knowing what you've got, but yeah, I rely on Broly to do 90% of my damage on these strikes, and the rest of the team is mostly whatever I can scrape together. On the STR super strikes I used a friend Super Vegito to do all the damage. If you don't have a Broly, just grab a friend Broly, and put together a team with whatever you've got that can provide as much support as possible (ki links, stuns, super seals). But it's doable with 1 main damage dealer, so even if you have to rely on a friend character, the super strikes should be manageable.

edit: fwiw here's my team for this strike, and I use the free King Cold provided by the game as friend, usually. It's not a great team but it gets the job done.

HUYytYn.png

Shanlei91

All the super strikes so far can be done with a combined team cost of 52 and a friend Gogeta with SA10, with all focus being on Gogeta landing the super. I imagine it might even be easier with Super Vegito as the guest instead.

Man, my issue isn't with getting the medals in the strikes, it's with getting the actual characters. That's much harder. 10 runs of Android 16 and only 1 drop.

MiTYH

Man, my issue isn't with getting the medals in the strikes, it's with getting the actual characters. That's much harder. 10 runs of Android 16 and only 1 drop.

A16 is one of the worst drops I ever had, right under King Cold. Such a grind it's a pain.

Remember if you can't get enough for SA15, you could at least get 5 and awaken him. A16 is used for his passive, so making a 5 is the minimum number you would need to get one awoken copy

A16 is one of the worst drops I ever had, right under King Cold. Such a grind it's a pain.

Remember if you can't get enough for SA15, you could at least get 5 and awaken him. A16 is used for his passive, so making a 5 is the minimum number you would need to get one awoken copy

Why do you need 5 to awaken him?

I really miss triple quest XP. Going from being able to play without pause back to only being able to play 90 minutes a day feels weird.

On the bright side, I managed to rack up over 45 UR SS Gokus.
Omfg why so many? Are you using them to up other Goku SAs or something? I got 10 and quit then and there.

Omfg why so many? Are you using them to up other Goku SAs or something? I got 10 and quit then and there.
Yeah I have 20 atm not including the ones I've used to max SA my other Gokus. I mean it's already a UR and they upped the other cards' SA at 100%. At the very least that's way less work than other means plus that should help out a little with increasing LR Goku's SA as well since the name isn't different.

Yeah I have 20 atm not including the ones I've used to max SA my other Gokus. I mean it's already a UR and they upped the other cards' SA at 100%. At the very least that's way less work than other means plus that should help out a little with increasing LR Goku's SA as well since the name isn't different.
Makes sense. But the Gokus I have either don't have their SA increased by that card, or, I don't use em to care about using their SA. I still have the TEQ SSJ Goku from WT for LR. But when he becomes LR and gets his max SA boosted to 20 his name changes, right? Would those cards still give any chance at all? If it's at least 50 I'd grind em out since I got nothing else to do till chilly SS comes out.

Makes sense. But the Gokus I have either don't have their SA increased by that card, or, I don't use em to care about using their SA. I still have the TEQ SSJ Goku from WT for LR. But when he becomes LR and gets his max SA boosted to 20 his name changes, right? Would those cards still give any chance at all? If it's at least 50 I'd grind em out since I got nothing else to do till chilly SS comes out.
Name is still the same, but the chance does decrease if I remember correctly. Don't think it drops to 5% though.

Shanlei91

Most of them are going towards LR Goku, but because the event is a one time thing I figured it would be nice to keep them around to up any SS Gokus I might get.

Managed to get a SA10 of this clown as result: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/State_of_God_Super_Saiyan_God_Goku

And this guy for when he gets his Dokkan and goes on my AGL team: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/All_Out_Charge_Super_Saiyan_Goku

MiTYH

Most of them are going towards LR Goku, but because the event is a one time thing I figured it would be nice to keep them around to up any SS Gokus I might get.

Managed to get a SA10 of this clown as result: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/State_of_God_Super_Saiyan_God_Goku

And this guy for when he gets his Dokkan and goes on my AGL team: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/All_Out_Charge_Super_Saiyan_Goku

And honestly, those aren't even some of the best Gokus out there.

I got max SAs on INT goku and PHY goku, both pretty awesome to finally have at SA10

Honestly, at this point since Doffy may never come back, there's no reason NOT to farm Gokus like crazy. Literally everything else will come back

Shanlei91

And honestly, those aren't even some of the best Gokus out there.

I got max SAs on INT goku and PHY goku, both pretty awesome to finally have at SA10

Honestly, at this point since Doffy may never come back, there's no reason NOT to farm Gokus like crazy. Literally everything else will come back

Yup, just pumped their SA up cause I could. I'd rather focus on getting more than doing the other events that will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom