• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
And honestly, those aren't even some of the best Gokus out there.

I got max SAs on INT goku and PHY goku, both pretty awesome to finally have at SA10

Honestly, at this point since Doffy may never come back, there's no reason NOT to farm Gokus like crazy. Literally everything else will come back

That's how I see it. I plan on getting about 30 or so and will just use them when it makes sense (e.g., I won't use them to pump up a Goku now simply because I can). I see this is as a one time opportunity.

Kitoro

I have no idea how the World Tournament works.. am I ready with this team, or is there more to the equation that I'm not accounting for?

2157419179456577008%253Faccount_id%253D1

I have no idea how the World Tournament works.. am I ready with this team, or is there more to the equation that I'm not accounting for?

Gogeta has no place on that team. He adds nothing to it since none of them have Over in a Flash.

Switch him with an AGL unit thats UR so that you get the most points. If you have AOE units such as Broly, Xeno Trunks or Majin Vegeta, you should use a team based around them supering.

Like I have Majin Vegeta and Xeno Trunks and so both will be on the team with Gogeta for maximum coverage.

Otherwise make an ALL AGL team. Make sure everyone is UR to get the best amount of points.

Kitoro

Gogeta has no place on that team. He adds nothing to it since none of them have Over in a Flash.

Switch him with an AGL unit thats UR so that you get the most points. If you have AOE units such as Broly, Xeno Trunks or Majin Vegeta, you should use a team based around them supering.

Like I have Majin Vegeta and Xeno Trunks and so both will be on the team with Gogeta for maximum coverage.

Otherwise make an ALL AGL team. Make sure everyone is UR to get the best amount of points.

Ah, okay. I have to say, the turns when dual SV's and Gogeta pair up, the links between them are pretty amazing for topping up Ki, at least.

I'm dry on any other good AGL URs, so if I'm able to get AGL Whis from the event, would that suffice?

Thanks!

Ah, okay. I have to say, the turns when dual SV's and Gogeta pair up, the links between them are pretty amazing for topping up Ki, at least.

I'm dry on any other good AGL URs, so if I'm able to get AGL Whis from the event, would that suffice?

Thanks!

AGL Whis works if you don't have anything the buff SV gives all AGL makes it a moot point. Warning to you that leader skills aren't active for friends so don't expect double SV to work for you lol.

That Vegeta doesn't have the best links for that team so you should look to replace him. At least Whis has shocking speed link for ki.

For partners I'd go for another SV if only for counter when a AOE partner like Majin Vegeta isn't available.

Durden77

So does anyone know how my Ki orbs of the same type heal you? Trying to see how useful GT Teq Trunk'z leader skill could be, if it's even worth it.

It's so fat that he doesn't have Golden Warrior. Way to be the lamest Trunks GT Trunks.

Durden77

So I went ahead and favorited everyone I have on my list from the GAF spreadsheet, forgot you could do that, and sent requests to the people I'm missing. Just went with one Kanik lol.

Be sure to add me and we'll be bffs. Bawlsaq.

SnakeEyes

Banned
It's been so long since I looked at our spreadsheet of GAF users, and I see that I'm still the last name in the list! Updated Leaders used :D

I threw in my old account into the spreadsheet. It's probably gonna be permanently led by Majin Vegeta. Looking at the box I seem to have 4 elder kais..wonder if I should pump them into Majin Vegeta on that account lol.

Wow congrats to PHY for getting their blocker and having him be the most powerful unit in the game. Dunno why SSB Vegito and Rose SSJ are together though. It should have been fusion Zamasu.

Cool that they are restricting the ki+ to type of Super and Extreme respectively with Vegito and Black.

Rip to INT who still is shafted in terms of hard hitters in SSJ excluding SSG Goku INT.

linkent

Does Vegitto actually block tho?
His passive is counter attack+chance of 2 additional hits.
So possible 3 super in 1 turn?

Double Black lead means eve extreme have 12 ki every turn right?

Meneses

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito
Passive: Will block attack (reduce incoming damage) and counter. Has a high chance to do up to 2 additional attacks, with a chance that the attack will be a Super ATK.

Goku Black Super Saiyan Rosé
Leader Skill: Extreme type characters +3 Ki, ATK and HP and DEF 50% UP
Passive: Own ATK 100% UP, Extreme Type characters +3 Ki

wtfffffffffffffffffffff

Skii

Best team in the game will probably be: SSB Vegito, Super Vegito, Gogeta, SSJ3 Gotenks, SSJ Gotenks (PHY), SSB Kaioken.

At least they've made rainbow relevant again. Heroes still outclassing villains but I have to give them credit for making villains a lot better than what they were previously.

Savitar

Shit didn't realize that Pan was once every few hours.

Was going to do all three versions.

Kinda freaked me out that two SV's and AGI Xeno Trunks did absolute nothing to her.

AND

*Points at the new cards*

POWER CREEP IS NOW POWER JUMP

But we knew that was going to happen.

Durden77

you get her from ? tiles which appears randomly.
card drops awakened phy fodder.

Oh ok thanks.

Ugggggh why did I drop 300 stones on that SV banner....after seeing these new cards....whhhhyyyyyyy

I'm almost back up to 100 but quickly running out of methods to get them.

Arrrammis

Are any of the baba shop treasure SSR's worth getting? I'm tempted to get the old Kai for a SA boost, but don't want to end up missing a great card.

Those One Piece Gokus were dropping like flies last night, but I did 7 runs this morning with nothin. Desire Sensor wasn't supposed to follow me here.

It is quite nice levelling up my PHY SS Goku with the high stun chance.
Hoping I can still get enough to level up this angry STR SS Goku as well. The one with the passive that lets him not-die if he has 30%+ health.

Are any of the baba shop treasure SSR's worth getting? I'm tempted to get the old Kai for a SA boost, but don't want to end up missing a great card.

The Piccolo is a pretty good blocker. Cooler is a very low cost (8) SSR unit, potentially useful for Strikes and/or the current villains-only event. I only bought the Piccolo, still on the fence about the others.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
on global i am gonna try to get ssb kk goku and then im done until this vegito blue/goku black comes out

I feel like spending stones on anything else is pointless until they, considering how insanely powerful these cards are. Oy.

on global i am gonna try to get ssb kk goku and then im done until this vegito blue/goku black comes out

I'm not gonna buy stones this time. I dropped way too much already and I got lucky with getting SV.

Those new cards are nutty. Time to start hoarding my stones.

Don't you remember? Bandai trolls hoarders so they have to succumb to buying more stones ;)

Those One Piece Gokus were dropping like flies last night, but I did 7 runs this morning with nothin. Desire Sensor wasn't supposed to follow me here.

It is quite nice levelling up my PHY SS Goku with the high stun chance.
Hoping I can still get enough to level up this angry STR SS Goku as well. The one with the passive that lets him not-die if he has 30%+ health.
I got two in a row just now :3.

I messed up and DAed my White hit Goku or wgateveritsnameis thinking it'd still be 100% PLUS free levels. Lolnop. In dumb I shoulda looked at the names, o well.

How much stamina does WT require?

Also, any word on when it starts?

There are 4 rounds which costs a total of 60 energy to do in 1 run.

Everyone except yourself is controlled by cpu btw.

First is Prelims of 4 people including yourself that costs 10 energy

Most annoying portion but a great time to gather items unless you want ranking points. If you want ranking you have to pray that the cpu don't start killing each other and go after you first. 4 is the safest movement number and will always allow you to get someone in the corner except the guy that is across from you. Unless the cpu hits a lower number and moves away from you.

If you have an AOE unit, having it in the 7th slot is a pain and can mess up your timing to end the round fast. Avoid putting your AOE in the 3rd slot so they don't miss out on 2 turns. Supers are rare at this time and rarely do cpu super at this point.

Second is Quarter Finals of just you and 1 other guy that costs 15 energy

You get less turns to move around but its a good idea to get some meat buns if you wanna heal or items if you want. Super chance by cpu is still relatively low but its all RNG

Third is Semi Finals of just you and 1 other guy that costs 15 energy

Same as Quarter finals but there is more of a chance the cpu will super.

Fourth is the Finals of just you and 1 other guy that costs 20 energy

Highest chance a person will super and its bad if its Broly or one of the AOE units since they will hit all your units and kill you outright unless you used King Yenma and thats a maybe. Should still focus on getting items unless you are just grinding out the tournament.

All together its 60 energy and you need 116 energy roughly to have 2 rounds in 1 go since the energy regen hits you with 4 energy refill you need to have 120 energy by the time you get to the finals.

Prelims makes the tournament a drag which is why having a AOE unit such as Majin Vegeta, Xeno Trunks or Broly is important. With an AOE unit, you can cut down the usual 12-15 minute tournament win to a 7 minute fest if you are lucky and get your supers off fast.

Highly recommend getting the purple capsules for turtle and bulma medals to awaken super strike characters.

The cards are good for Awakened training units if you need to level up characters. They tell you if you got a rare card which means that the unit you get will be Awakened.

Meat Buns restore your hp but its random and can be from anywhere between 5k hp to 10k hp

Gogeta lead with Majin Vegeta and Xeno Trunks is the optimal combo since they will have the Ki needed to Super. Broly doesn't work as well thanks to bad links.

Remember that your friend unit can't use his leader skill so pick someone that can add the most Ki through links to your units. Usually a Gogeta + another Gogeta to take advantage of OIAF and PFB in case you get one of them stuck at the 7th slot at the beginning of the round.

The tournament will probably start this weekend or run along with LR goku which would be super annoying.

If you are gonna play in it with no AOE, I recommend at least getting the 80 wins for the SSR ticket at the very least.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Could save up, but then that would mean less tickets when those go out....but now those units mean nothing.

Curse this game.

TheMunin

Neo Member
The two new cards look more like a evolution of the current meta then a total power creep. Looks like they will be around the same or just slightly more powerful than the current mono gods.

This is a much better meta shift than gogeta to SV where the Mono Gods invalidated Gogeta. It looks like the Mono Gods and the two new leaders will be valid in this meta.

I wouldn't save your stones for these two simply because the ideal teams for them will probably use the mono gods anyway.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's funny how dual Super Vegito's is actually faster and better at taking down these Dokkan Strike events than using all PHY characters with a Broly friend.

You can't make that shit up.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
How do these tickets work?

For every 50 stones used (prior to the banner reveal), you get a ticket. One ticket = one summon, the pool of characters will include all Dokkanfest characters including all the god cards prior to SSB Vegito and Rose Black.

It's funny how dual Super Vegito's is actually faster and better at taking down these Dokkan Strike events than using all PHY characters with a Broly friend.

You can't make that shit up.

Yuuup. Read a post on Reddit exited at how the default Saibaman is PHY and how double Broly will wreck the Int strike characters.

Went in with double Broly, one of which was SA10, had to use items. Then tried double Super Vegito at low SA and only needed to use a single Baba and was done in 3 turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom