• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The two new cards look more like a evolution of the current meta then a total power creep. Looks like they will be around the same or just slightly more powerful than the current mono gods.

This is a much better meta shift than gogeta to SV where the Mono Gods invalidated Gogeta. It looks like the Mono Gods and the two new leaders will be valid in this meta.

I wouldn't save your stones for these two simply because the ideal teams for them will probably use the mono gods anyway.

I like how they are basically a good guy team and a bad guy team. I will disagree about being slightly more powerful, as they seem quite a bit more powerful. Those passives are insane. Right now, SV is awesome because of his block then counter attack. Imagine countering up to 3 times, with 2 of those being supers. That's batshit crazy.

TheMunin

Neo Member
I like how they are basically a good guy team and a bad guy team. I will disagree about being slightly more powerful, as they seem quite a bit more powerful. Those passives are insane. Right now, SV is awesome because of his block then counter attack. Imagine countering up to 3 times, with 2 of those being supers. That's batshit crazy.

Yeah but its all RNG. There is only a chance of the subsequent attacks and supers so while it is more powerful its inconsistent. Add into the fact that it looks like according to the video that the tankiness of SSB SV may be less than that of standard SV and we get a stronger card but one that's a bit more inconsistent.

Edit: Also we need to see how big of an impact 100% vs 140% for double leaders will have.

It will be much easier to figure him out once we see everything about him though.

Durden77

For every 50 stones used (prior to the banner reveal), you get a ticket. One ticket = one summon, the pool of characters will include all Dokkanfest characters including all the god cards prior to SSB Vegito and Rose Black.

So 1 ticket = just 1 summon? So even if you had 10, there's a high chance you still wouldn't get a god card.

Seems much more like a nice bonus rather than an actual reason to spend stones now. I've already spent more than I'd like on this pretty fresh account, I'm saving.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So 1 ticket = just 1 summon? So even if you had 10, there's a high chance you still wouldn't get a god card.

Seems much more like a nice bonus rather than an actual reason to spend stones now. I've already spent more than I'd like on this pretty fresh account, I'm saving.

No one knows what the rates were, but it was raining good cards for some.

Durden77

No one knows what the rates were, but it was raining good cards for some.

Well hopefully, that would be really cool. But 50 stones for 1 summon still doesn't seem like something you should go out of your way for. Hell if you saved 50 stones instead of spending them before the banner, that's a multipull instead of a single on the same banner.

I'm happy it's happening, but like I said, seems more like a nice bonus than anything. Seems more to reward the long time players. Doesn't seem like a good idea to purposely burn stones at this point just for a ticket.

Kitoro

For every 50 stones used (prior to the banner reveal), you get a ticket. One ticket = one summon, the pool of characters will include all Dokkanfest characters including all the god cards prior to SSB Vegito and Rose Black.

For every 50 stones since the launch of the game? That sounds crazy! I'm assuming this is something that's been long advertised and planned for the JP version, but hasn't happened yet, considering the two units you mentioned aren't out yet?

TheMunin

Neo Member
For every 50 stones since the launch of the game? That sounds crazy! I'm assuming this is something that's been long advertised and planned for the JP version, but hasn't happened yet, considering the two units you mentioned aren't out yet?

Already happened few weeks back in Japan.

MisterMac

Oh ok thanks.

Ugggggh why did I drop 300 stones on that SV banner....after seeing these new cards....whhhhyyyyyyy

I'm almost back up to 100 but quickly running out of methods to get them.

It's best not to get into this mentality. If you had dropped those stones on the SSB Vegito banner the Super Saiyan Who The Fuck Knows Trunks banner would come out with an even better card. This game is about making the best of the hand you have been dealt and doing your best not to spend $32 for a pack of digital magic cards I used buy 3 packs of for $9. There will always be a better card on the horizon. You will never have the best card of all time because they need to keep the whales spending by releasing bigger and flashier cards

All the chances at pulling god leaders in Japan were a telltale sign of this happening. And rest assured there will probably be a banner to get these cards together sometime before the new hotness drops

Durden77

It's best not to get into this mentality. If you had dropped those stones on the SSB Vegito banner the Super Saiyan Who The Fuck Knows Trunks banner would come out with an even better card. This game is about making the best of the hand you have been dealt and doing your best not to spend $32 for a pack of digital magic cards I used buy 3 packs of for $9. There will always be a better card on the horizon. You will never have the best card of all time because they need to keep the whales spending by releasing bigger and flashier cards

All the chances at pulling god leaders in Japan were a telltale sign of this happening. And rest assured there will probably be a banner to get these cards together sometime before the new hotness drops

True that, true that. I'm trying to get over it. The worst part though was that I already had SV, Broly, and Majin Vegeta. And the buy 3 get one free banner was already over. So I was doing really good in saving up my stones and felt very content with what I had.

And then one morning for some reason I just said "Fuck it, I'm going for Gogeta" and did a multipull. That for some reason led to multi pulling my entire stash of stones! I was doing so good and I didn't really NEED Gogeta, and I had a good oppurtunity because the account was still fairly fresh and I got lucky and had the characters I wanted. That's why it makes this so stupid....

But I'm at 90 now, but I'm almost out of quests. I'm hoping with events and shit I'll be able to claw my way back up to around 300 by the time these cards come out but now I can't afford pretty much any pulls, even discount ones. Such is the Dokkan life.

I just know it's gonna be a real bummer when I really run out of stones to get for free. I love the game and would have no problem spending a few bucks on it, but since it's a gamble I just can't feel good about that. Especially at the standard stone prices, they're ridiculous for a non-guarantee.

MEGGGGGGGA guilty of doing way more than this. Like LUDACRIS WHATTHEFUCKDARK amounts. Then I look at reddit and go, how in the blazing hell do you squander so much moniez?!

Anyways speaking of cards, with the dupe system does anyone know if the system comes into play after the specific character has SA10, or can you choose to level up SA/one of the tree line things? Or both?

SnakeEyes

Banned
What I'm more excited about is the fact that we're FINALLY at the stage where the TUR art is actually better than the original UR art. Both the new SSB Super Vegito and Trunks TURs look absolutely awesome!

... too bad Trunks' Leader and Passive skills are bunk :-(

Savitar

What I'm more excited about is the fact that we're FINALLY at the stage where the TUR art is actually better than the original UR art. Both the new SSB Super Vegito and Trunks TURs look absolutely awesome!

... too bad Trunks' Leader and Passive skills are bunk :-(

Well.........he is a
bastard

idonteven

I GOT SSB VEGITO MY FIRST SINGLE SUMMON OMG

CxcycrOWQAE3s0W.jpg:large

SnakeEyes

Banned
These are 3+1 multi banners

Time to start saving again on global
Yup, again ~_~

2 Banners, both Buy 3 Get 1 Free.
Banner 1 - SSB Super Vegito, the dokkanable Future Trunks, Mai, Super Vegito, SSB Kaioken Goku, and some others.
Banner 2 - Goku Rosé, Zamasu, Goku Black, Omega Shenron, Buuhan, and some others.

it's effectively a Heroes vs. Villians Dokkan Fest, like what happened when Gogeta and Janemba released.

Skii

Bought stones. Did my 3 multis+1 free. Got 2 black hair multis with no bye guys... I really don't know what to do anymore. I just can't catch a break. I guess I got SSB Kaioken which is nice but man I wanted that SSB Vegito so badly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Japanese emergency maintenance. So that's gonna be some most welcome free stones, I think.

Either that or I need to update my app.

Skii

How far behind JPN is Global? When can we expect to sell our kidneys for these new studs?

Guarantee the stuff JP gets on 2 year anniversary will probably blow these cards out of the water. It's never ending. These banners are amazing because you've got a great chance at a god leader if you go with the Rose banner.

I love how much of a carry SV is. I was putting two units that I wanna train as part of my team against Duffy. I then decided to go fully moronic and have FOUR low leveled units. One of which was lvl 1. He went up 24 lvls heh. Great way to get up low dudes if you have a SV.

Btw don't bother with Super, it's stupid difficult and I've been getting drops at a decent rate on Z-Hard

idonteven

I love how much of a carry SV is. I was putting two units that I wanna train as part of my team against Duffy. I then decided to go fully moronic and have FOUR low leveled units. One of which was lvl 1. He went up 24 lvls heh. Great way to get up low dudes if you have a SV.

Btw don't bother with Super, it's stupid difficult and I've been getting drops at a decent rate on Z-Hard

super is easy with 2 super vegito's

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Does the Goku drop awakened at UR on Z-Hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom