• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh god that fight was annoying, going to waste the next three days of stam on praying a second card drops. I'll wait for Chilled to complete the medals.

edit: LOL got him on my first attempt after the guaranteed first drop. The rate was horrendous on jp so either I got really lucky or global got a much better rate

Aiii

So not worth it
I do like that I can't actually do the event because I ran out of Bulma metals and can't dokkan awake the super strike characters I do have to join in on the event.

Oh well, it's not like I need him and the event returns weekly after this so it's fine, I suppose.

Oh god that fight was annoying, going to waste the next three days of stam on praying a second card drops. I'll wait for Chilled to complete the medals.

edit: LOL got him on my first attempt after the guaranteed first drop. The rate was horrendous on jp so either I got really lucky or global got a much better rate

Forget all that. I just pumped the Crossover UR Gokus into TEQ Goku. XD

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Forget all that. I just pumped the Crossover UR Gokus into TEQ Goku. XD

I did that too but you either need another Goku to drop or use Elder Kais to get LR Goku to SA20.

Or pray to RNGesus that the 5% chance on Zawakened SSRs work on LR Goku (might be less than 5% I'm not sure of the number)

I do like that I can't actually do the event because I ran out of Bulma metals and can't dokkan awake the super strike characters I do have to join in on the event.

Oh well, it's not like I need him and the event returns weekly after this so it's fine, I suppose.

This is basically me except with Turtle medals. Gonna level up the SA on the PreLR Goku with the event Goku and a 2nd one like PrettyPanda.

I don't look forward to farming 1554 medals.

Aiii

So not worth it
This is basically me except with Turtle medals. Gonna level up the SA on the PreLR Goku with the event Goku and a 2nd one like PrettyPanda.

I don't look forward to farming 1554 medals.

It hurts because there was supposed to be a WT and it would have been fine.

Xanru

LR Piccolo looks sick asf. And Str SS2 Gohan should be pretty good since it's an actual dokkanfest and not a rebirth. Now where the hell are my Bardock rebirths? Str SSJ Bardock is hella dated.

STR SSJ2 Gohan is getting a dokkan and a completely new Cell is coming out a la PHY Broly.

AGL Cell but Gohan is STR..... Thats so weird. Like usually the cards are neutral to each other or the Hero has the type advantage usually.

I hope other SSJ2 Gohan youth gets Dokkan too. Like our Gem one and then the world tournament one. Oh especially the Bojack AGL one who desperately needs it.

Meneses

Wow this LR grind is real.

There's absolutely zero chance of me doing this twice, i'll just feed him an elder kai here and there (if I ever actually LR-dokkan him, that is).

In other news, if the new Ability system works as it seems, it's cool for Dokkaned characters. Basically we'll be able to use a new command to reverse the Dokkan Awakening, feed the dupe, then revert back to where you were (apparently for free).

Still lacks confirmation, though.

edit: also, nice that STR Gohan is getting a Dokkan, he was my very first SSR along with INT Gohan and Majin Vegeta.

i know but i dont enjoy it that much for some reason

maybe its just too much to grind 2 accounts

Yeah that seems like Too Much tbh... at that point you're basically doing real-ass work.

Also I don't think I'm ever going to get LR Goku. That grind is insane. At least not in the foreseeable future. I have 3 SS characters and none of them are dokkaned yet because no WT medals.

MiTYH

Have 5 SS characters, so I don't think it'll even let me enter stage 2 (Need to wait on stamina refill). Still, got the basic Goku and got him to SA10. Heard drop rate is bad for the second but I'll probably get that just to be done with it.

In other news, had a terrible day yesterday in real life (broke laptop screen, etc etc), so I caved and did a GSSR pull to hope for something. Wound up with Dupe INT Goku (saving for that new system since I used the Doffy Goku's to max it's SA already), and, finally, SSJ3 STR GOKU! I know it's not the best unit anymore, but damnit if I haven't wanted it for ages. Plus it'll help me with the Buu Dokkan event now, once I get these medals.

I haven't actually tried to get the medals for SSJ3 before, but I have a feeling with Super Vegito and Gogeta, it should be a breeze

I'ma hold off from LR Goku. I don't have Mighty Mask DAd because the drop rate sucked. Also people say to use chilled so gotta wait for him.

Edit: Apparently Tao is also good to have...oops!

LR Goku seems both pointless and excessive. SV seems to outclass him overall still despite lower stats and the work to get him is insane. I only got 3 android 19s in a single stam bar so this is going to take an eternity all for something that has no place in any of my teams.

Aiii

So not worth it
Running out of quests to do, but it was all worth it, since I just pulled Goku Black Rose:

img_0072dopvd.png

I pulled all of these (already had Gotenks, but pulled a dupe) using f2p quest stones this week on both banners:

Spenny

So, I just started playing this today after downloading the JPN version. Does anyone know of a guide on quick rank ups? Would be much appreciated.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Pulled on the INT banner because there were two units I felt I really needed. Chiaotzu so I could stun when farming stage 18-3 for gems and Turles for the tournament.

First multi:

yMsecen.jpg

My account's luck should flip once SSB Vegito drops.

Spenny

just do the quests its 3 times exp so its gonna be super fast
Will do. I also pulled two Ssj Rose Blacks. I can combine them to make a stronger card, right?

EDIT: Also, is there a point in adding people as a friend other than getting to use their character? Do I get a benefit from them using my character as a support?

Aiii

So not worth it
Will do. I also pulled two Ssj Rose Blacks. I can combine them to make a stronger card, right?

EDIT: Also, is there a point in adding people as a friend other than getting to use their character? Do I get a benefit from them using my character as a support?

100 friend points instead of 50 for a guest.

rsniper59

Neo Member
All of these posts make me extremely jealous. I've been playing for months and the best cards I've pulled are Fist of Conviction Bardock, SSR AGL Kid Buu, and SSR PHY Kid Trunks...

Really hoping I start getting some of these high-tier characters soon, it's disheartening!

Aiii

So not worth it
All of these posts make me extremely jealous. I've been playing for months and the best cards I've pulled are Fist of Conviction Bardock, SSR AGL Kid Buu, and SSR PHY Kid Trunks...

Really hoping I start getting some of these high-tier characters soon, it's disheartening!

Might be better off rerolling next time there's a 3x EXP event, just run with the game until you save up enough for a good banner and go wild on that.

Might be better off rerolling next time there's a 3x EXP event, just run with the game until you save up enough for a good banner and go wild on that.

Yeah this. My launch account went for around a year and only ever pulled one decent SSR which I scrapped for a Gogeta account. Now I just reroll if the meta changes in a big way and I don't get the cards I need on my main at the time.

Running out of quests to do, but it was all worth it, since I just pulled Goku Black Rose:

I pulled all of these (already had Gotenks, but pulled a dupe) using f2p quest stones this week on both banners:

How do you sleep at night knowing you outshine most of us COMBINED >:[

Edit:
Yeah this. My launch account went for around a year and only ever pulled one decent SSR which I scrapped for a Gogeta account. Now I just reroll if the meta changes in a big way and I don't get the cards I need on my main at the time.
I spent too much money on DS on this account to restart. Plus due to playing for a long time and buying DS I'm bound to get something really good with the tickets for using DS, right? Right...?

Savitar

Finally Gohan (youth) gets a dokkan, began to think they forgot about him. Sadly even if dokkaned chances are he might not be much better than most updated characters, sure they're better, some cases much but depending on what you got it's kind of a wish I had it back when situation.

Finally making Cell great again? He's one character that definitely is languishing currently. A shame as he's my favorite bad guy.

Finally Gohan (youth) gets a dokkan, began to think they forgot about him. Sadly even if dokkaned chances are he might not be much better than most updated characters, sure they're better, some cases much but depending on what you got it's kind of a wish I had it back when situation.

Finally making Cell great again? He's one character that definitely is languishing currently. A shame as he's my favorite bad guy.
A new Cell is coming? And I think he's universally loved. I like Cell arc the most, it's tense and everyone is growing in power and in character.

I still need to DA a lot of units...I have Trucker Android, Space Pirate Bojack, and Gohan Youth from the Bojack movie.

I got a full power Android 13(the form he becomes after absorbing the other two) from a pull. Is he any good?

rsniper59

Neo Member
Taking the advice and am going to do a few re-rolls now to see if I can get a nice SSR on the initial 50 stone summon. I had been considering it for awhile, but it felt like escalation of commitment to my account was holding me back.

Thanks!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LR Goku seems both pointless and excessive. SV seems to outclass him overall still despite lower stats and the work to get him is insane. I only got 3 android 19s in a single stam bar so this is going to take an eternity all for something that has no place in any of my teams.

I, too, am wondering what the ultimate value is of him, outside of collection purposes, provided you already have some top end cards. The cost/effort is just... a lot. I'll get him but it'll over weeks. Not sure where I would slot him in on my current team, but who knows what the future will hold for him or the meta.

i know but i dont enjoy it that much for some reason

maybe its just too much to grind 2 accounts

As much as I love this game, the gameplay is in no way interesting enough to justify playing on 2 accounts. I would get bored out of my mind.

I, too, am wondering what the ultimate value is of him, outside of collection purposes, provided you already have some top end cards. The cost/effort is just... a lot. I'll get him but it'll over weeks. Not sure where I would slot him in on my current team, but who knows what the future will hold for him or the meta.

As much as I love this game, the gameplay is in no way interesting enough to justify playing on 2 accounts. I would get bored out of my mind.

TEQ SSJ3 Gotenks + LR Goku is just retarded in amount of damage is the real appeal. He is basically a better stats Gogeta you can grind for free even if his passive isn't as good.

I tried having 2 accounts and it didn't work out as each tournament was a drag and i refused to put up with it.

Emergency maintenance on global. Yay, free stone(s).

I'm still in and playing so I dunno if it has hit me yet.

AllGamer

TEQ SSJ3 Gotenks + LR Goku is just retarded in amount of damage is the real appeal. He is basically a better stats Gogeta you can grind for free even if his passive isn't as good.

I tried having 2 accounts and it didn't work out as each tournament was a drag and i refused to put up with it.

I'm still in and playing so I dunno if it has hit me yet.

Ok, I can login again. Was probably a mistake or super short. No stones then :(

rsniper59

Neo Member
Hmm... Ended up getting SSR PHY SS2J Goku (Youth) and SSR TEQ Super Saiyan Gohan (Future) on one of my re-rolls. Worth sticking around for that pull, or should I keep re-rolling until I get something a little higher on the "tier" list?

Hmm... Ended up getting SSR PHY SS2J Goku (Youth) and SSR TEQ Super Saiyan Gohan (Future) on one of my re-rolls. Worth sticking around for that pull, or should I keep re-rolling until I get something a little higher on the "tier" list?

At the moment the God leads are not up for grabs. If you wanna wait for Gotenks that might be a good idea. Just farm this account and pull like crazy when the time comes.

Here is global tier list

You wanna grab most of your units from the Z tier. Your units are from the SS tier.

Gotenks around the corner means your Future Gohan would get a huge buff. Its up to you.

I'd farm this current account of yours since a lot of the Z tier units are dokkanfest exclusive. Then if you don't get Gotenks, start rerolling.

Savitar

A new Cell is coming? And I think he's universally loved. I like Cell arc the most, it's tense and everyone is growing in power and in character.

I still need to DA a lot of units...I have Trucker Android, Space Pirate Bojack, and Gohan Youth from the Bojack movie.

I got a full power Android 13(the form he becomes after absorbing the other two) from a pull. Is he any good?

A lot of us love Cell but for some reason he seems to be almost a foot note more than anything in everything that was happening to others around him. Out of all the villians it feels like he doesn't quite get the same treatment as some others like Friezea or even Buu.

Honestly, so so. He's filler. Once you get something better you'll probably never use him again unless something later pops up to make him useful or part of some combination. Not that I'd count on it.

I got nine medals for the new Goku thing, probably should have eleven but the game had an error twice and pretty sure didn't get them, the first time for certainty though the message said I would. Odd error.

Was a bit surprised to see so many Super Strike characters not fully leveled up or only partially done SA wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom