• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of us love Cell but for some reason he seems to be almost a foot note more than anything in everything that was happening to others around him. Out of all the villians it feels like he doesn't quite get the same treatment as some others like Friezea or even Buu.

Honestly, so so. He's filler. Once you get something better you'll probably never use him again unless something later pops up to make him useful or part of some combination. Not that I'd count on it.

I got nine medals for the new Goku thing, probably should have eleven but the game had an error twice and pretty sure didn't get them, the first time for certainty though the message said I would. Odd error.

Was a bit surprised to see so many Super Strike characters not fully leveled up or only partially done SA wise.

Isn't TEQ Cell a great nuke?

Like Teenage Goku on a Bulma pillow my friend.
o.
Did you pat down her fanny with your foot?

Durden77

So what's the best way to farm the crossover Goku? Once you have the UR should you keep running super or z-hard? Or even go back to the Joker level? I'd like to get him up to SA 10 if I can. I got the UR and he's at SA 2 right now.

MiTYH

So what's the best way to farm the crossover Goku? Once you have the UR should you keep running super or z-hard? Or even go back to the Joker level? I'd like to get him up to SA 10 if I can. I got the UR and he's at SA 2 right now.

Super, run the hardest possible.

I had TERRRIBLE luck with that first stage one on z-hard. Super is getting me a drop every 2-3 matches now. Sometimes double drop!

Also, if you have literally any other SS Goku, up their SA first. So many others are better than this farmable one. Just Saiyan.

Durden77

I had TERRRIBLE luck with that first stage one on z-hard. Super is getting me a drop every 2-3 matches now. Sometimes double drop!

Also, if you have literally any other SS Goku, up their SA first. So many others are better than this farmable one. Just Saiyan.

The only other SS Gokus I have are the starter SSR one and the OG AGL SSR one, which are probably like the only SS Gokus that might not be as good as this one.

But whoa it's a 100% chance even for those? Awesome!

Skii

Did 4 multis on the Rose banner and got only 1 SSR... It was Omega Shenron.

I did 8 multis in total so far and only got 2 SSRs. I'm absolutely certain my account has glitched RNG at this point. I think I've pulled 5 SSRs in my last 30 multis. I just wanted either Rose or SSB Vegito :(

Hiltz

Did 4 multis on the Rose banner and got only 1 SSR... It was Omega Shenron.

I did 8 multis in total so far and only got 2 SSRs. I'm absolutely certain my account has glitched RNG at this point. I think I've pulled 5 SSRs in my last 30 multis. I just wanted either Rose or SSB Vegito :(

Yeah, the feeling sucks not getting the characters you wanted, but on the bright side, at least you were fortunate enough to get Omega Shenron. I used up my last two multi-pulls on the PHY SSGB Vegito banner and only got a crappy SSR PHY non-super saiyan Goku. In any case, we can always try again some time later when the banner comes back ,and hopefully with a better summon rate too. I won't be pulling on it again even for a single pull.

MiTYH

The only other SS Gokus I have are the starter SSR one and the OG AGL SSR one, which are probably like the only SS Gokus that might not be as good as this one.

But whoa it's a 100% chance even for those? Awesome!

If you get the UR drop, it's 100% for any SS Goku. SSR version is... lower, no reason not to awaken, and no reason not to run the hardest spreme difficulty or whatever since it's only UR drops.

That AGL SSR one will get a rebirth with medals or might have it already, I'm not sure. Definitely up that one. And which starter? If it's both AGL ones, and you have the team to beat Doffy reliably, do it. You have until the 23rd or 24th, that's plenty of time to get those and the farmable one to SA 10.
-----------------------------------

I've said it before and I'll say it again: There is LITERALLY NO REASON not to farm Doffy right now. Everything, I repeat, every single thing available will come back. LR Goku, Bee Pan, every strike evet, etc etc. They all come back. Doffy might not, ever. So stock up on those Gokus!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: There is LITERALLY NO REASON not to farm Doffy right now. Everything, I repeat, every single thing available will come back. LR Goku, Bee Pan, every strike evet, etc etc. They all come back. Doffy might not, ever. So stock up on those Gokus!

I only came to this same realization hours ago and am kind of kicking myself. Everything else comes back and this is a bunch of free UR SSJ Gokus, even if you don't need them, hella free Baba points.

Yes TEQ Cell is.

I was referring to your 13.

O sorry, I forgot I asked that looool. Okay I won't focus on leveling him up atm.

I've been doing Z-Hard and got a double twice, and usually one per run. Max I've gone without one is 4 runs. But it's all RNG and I'm likely an outlier.

I got Angry Goku to 10, got all-out charge AGL Goku to 10, got that specific card to 6 and have 5 unused.

I have leaping ever higher DAed so it's a 50% chance. Is he worth getting SA10?
Also ecstatic INT SSJ Goku needs SA 10. Man I need at least 30 more ughhhhhhh

rsniper59

Neo Member
At the moment the God leads are not up for grabs. If you wanna wait for Gotenks that might be a good idea. Just farm this account and pull like crazy when the time comes.

Here is global tier list

You wanna grab most of your units from the Z tier. Your units are from the SS tier.

Gotenks around the corner means your Future Gohan would get a huge buff. Its up to you.

I'd farm this current account of yours since a lot of the Z tier units are dokkanfest exclusive. Then if you don't get Gotenks, start rerolling.

Thanks, I really appreciate the information/insight! I did some re-rolls to try and get one of the Z-units, ended up pulling STR SSJ3 Goku! I'm pretty pleased with that, so I'll stick with this and save everything up for the Gotenks banner. Good times!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
LR Goku seems both pointless and excessive. SV seems to outclass him overall still despite lower stats and the work to get him is insane. I only got 3 android 19s in a single stam bar so this is going to take an eternity all for something that has no place in any of my teams.

LR Goku is the hardest hitting card in the game and one of the key pieces to a mono TEQ team. If you didn't pull any god lead or have Gogeta he's a must for the leader skill alone.

He's also completely free so all you need to put in is effort, it's not as bad as say pulling Super Vegetto or any god lead. Cards do drop eventually you just need to put in the time. There's really no reason not to go for him, especially now when leveling his SA at least to 10 is so easy with the crossover Gokus

Lagamorph

So I'm guessing to stand even a remote chance in this prime battle thing you need Dokkan'd strike characters?

Of which I have absolutely none.

So what do I need to do exactly for this?
Get a strike character to SA10, another to SA5, Dokkan the SA10 one then feed them the SA5 one?
Is that about it?

Guess I'll start with King Vegeta.

So I'm guessing to stand even a remote chance in this prime battle thing you need Dokkan'd strike characters?

Get a strike character to SA10, another to SA5, Dokkan the SA10 one then feed them the SA5 one?
Is that about it?

You'd have to Dokkan both of them if you want a 100% success rate. If you only Dokkan one, it's a 50%.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Is that about it?

I would love to know how much of a difference having a guy at SA10 vs. SA15 makes. I can't imagine that the fight is doable at 15 but not at 10, and the extra 5 adds so much time.

I would love to know how much of a difference having a guy at SA10 vs. SA15 makes. I can't imagine that the fight is doable at 15 but not at 10, and the extra 5 adds so much time.
It adds extra abilities at SA15, that's the thing. As for the 50% keep in mind the second unit must be Z-Awakenkened, otherwise it's 5%. Just be safe and get 14 medals.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Tao and Mecha Freeza super at 9 ki at SA15, this is especially helpful with Tao because you really aren't running any leads that give him ki.

I'd also say SA15 is important for the INT characters since they naturally do more damage.
Cheers guys.

I love that Strike characters have such ridiculously low drop rates too.

Soon after LR Goku dropped on JP the Super Strikes became daily with increased drop rates, I'd bet they'll do the same for Global.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It adds extra abilities at SA15, that's the thing. As for the 50% keep in mind the second unit must be Z-Awakenkened, otherwise it's 5%. Just be safe and get 14 medals.

Oh, did not know about the extra abilities. I think I have 2 or 3 guys already at the max 15, but not all. Slowly getting there!

Lagamorph

6 runs of Savage Sovereign on Z-Hard and not a single bloody drop. Not a one.

Is the LR Friend Point Androids live yet on global? Or is that still to come?

Aiii

So not worth it
If you are not doing the Pan event, which is free unless you are well over rank 200, then you are doing it wrong.

MiTYH

If you are not doing the Pan event, which is free unless you are well over rank 200, then you are doing it wrong.

Agreed. Under Rank 200 it's a free stamina refresh at the hardest level, or others if you're even newer. Even at higher ranks, you get 200k exp for 90 stamina. depending on where you are that might be worth it. Only once a day though

SnakeEyes

Banned
ARGH! Why are there so many motherfuckers on my Friends list that don't have their King Vegetas or Jackie Chuns at max level?! So many people got them to Lvl. 80 for awaken to UR, and then just stopped! X-(

ARGH! Why are there so many motherfuckers on my Friends list that don't have their King Vegetas or Jackie Chuns at max level?! So many people got them to Lvl. 80 for awaken to UR, and then just stopped! X-(
Because people are greedy shits and are saving fp for LR Androids

I'm one of them...sorry m8

SnakeEyes

Banned
17im1y.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
I need all 100 pulls to get LR Android once though :(. And I tried watching super when it came out, I can't do it. I grew up on English dub DBZ so I need similar voices pls
I first encountered DBZ in Japan on VHS, then it was DBZ on TV in English, so I've had both as a kid. Now that I'm older, I honestly prefer JPN subs not just as my general anime viewing preferences (there are a few notable exceptions - Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex is one) but also for DBZ, because of the terrible edited versions that ended up on TV >.>

I also spent a long time playing the old SNES Dragon Ball Z games which were all voiced in Japanese too, so...

Meneses

I'm with you. It's not just that I'm attached to those voices, I actively dislike the Japanese dub. Bad decision to keep Goku's DB voice. I don't like Vegeta and King Kai either.

I grew up with my country's dub, which was the only thing realistically available at the time, but I definitely prefer original JP voices - and yeah, Goku's voice is super annoying, but Kai barely speaks in Super aside from a few episodes here and there.

I love pretty much all the other voices, especially Trunks which is so much better than all the dubs i've heard.

edit: and yeah, most of the games had JP voices.

I first encountered DBZ in Japan on VHS, then it was DBZ on TV in English, so I've had both as a kid. Now that I'm older, I honestly prefer JPN subs not just as my general anime viewing preferences (there are a few notable exceptions - Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex is one) but also for DBZ, because of the terrible edited versions that ended up on TV >.>

I also spent a long time playing the old SNES Dragon Ball Z games which were all voiced in Japanese too, so...

Back in my day there were no edits. We had blood, gore, holes through the chest, and yes, even racoom flipping up the bird. But they HEAVILY edited things afterwards which I will agree with you, sucked. If they decide to censor it as much as they did DBZ I'll suck it up and do subbed. But that's like a last resort sort of thing :p

I'm with you. It's not just that I'm attached to those voices, I actively dislike the Japanese dub. Bad decision to keep Goku's DB voice. I don't like Vegeta and King Kai either.

I can't stand Gokus subbed voice. Some other voices are fine, but Goku is like always there so it'd be hard for me to muddle through. But like I said of they decide to heavily censor it like they did with DBZ I'll suck it up

SnakeEyes

Banned
Back in my day there were no edits. We had blood, gore, holes through the chest, and yes, even racoom flipping up the bird. But they HEAVILY edited things afterwards which I will agree with you, sucked. If they decide to censor it as much as they did DBZ I'll suck it up and do subbed. But that's like a last resort sort of thing :p
I don't see Super being a show that will return to free-to-air TV like DBZ/Sailor Moon/Pokemon did when I was growing up, so it may not be censored like DBZ was originally. When DBZ was originally released to TV, censorship levels were heavy with not only blood removed from the show, but some scenes cut entirely.

lol not RNGeus is a dick, he probably hacked or something.
Attn: Bamco, I hereby request that the almighty Banhammer be swung!

eJylxfa.jpg

I need all 100 pulls to get LR Android once though :(
... and going back to this - we've got another WT coming up, you'll be swimming in Friend points! Do one Multi-summon and max your damn King Vegeta out! :p

MisterMac

I love the JP dub personally. I think every character sounds leaps and bounds better. Especially Vegeta and Goku. Norozawa had especially shown off her range as Goku Black. And Vegeta went from one of my least favorite characters to perhaps my favorite over Trunks once I went back and watched the Japanese dub. His voice actor is superb and really lands that cocky confidence that makes Vegeta who he is. Plus comparing the Japanese version of his reaction to Trunks death to the English seals the deal for me.

But hey, the funi dub is incoming so soon everyone will get to enjoy the series like they prefer which is the best. Options baby.

Back to the dokkan battle! Can I keep one UR Goku at SA 9 to feed to LR Goku to get him to SA10 or do I need to keep the ten cards? This grind is so easy. I already have starter Goku at SA10 and INT Goku is almost there too. Super difficulty or bust

Aiii

So not worth it
Japanese dub > German dub >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> English dub.

English dub has inconsistent voices and voice acting. Shitty 90s BGM. Ruined scenes, like how they gave Gohan a inner monologue during his SSJ2 transformation. It is legit terrible.

----

Anyway, Dokkan. Took all day of farming and ranking, but everyone is a UR now, yay!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
But hey, the funi dub is incoming so soon everyone will get to enjoy the series like they prefer which is the best. Options baby.

Can't wait. I prefer the Funimation voices and just prefer to not read subtitles in general.

It wasn't until the final match of the tournament that I started watching Super and got hooked. I will say, the ridiculous intro and end theme music is catchy.

Japanese dub > German dub >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> English dub.

English dub has inconsistent voices and voice acting. Shitty 90s BGM. Ruined scenes, like how they gave Gohan a inner monologue during his SSJ2 transformation. It is legit terrible.

----

Anyway, Dokkan. Took all day of farming and ranking, but everyone is a UR now, yay!
I liked the music...and the voices...and the inner monologue. Why you gotta hurt me so ;_;?
I don't see Super being a show that will return to free-to-air TV like DBZ/Sailor Moon/Pokemon did when I was growing up, so it may not be censored like DBZ was originally. When DBZ was originally released to TV, censorship levels were heavy with not only blood removed from the show, but some scenes cut entirely.

Attn: Bamco, I hereby request that the almighty Banhammer be swung!

... and going back to this - we've got another WT coming up, you'll be swimming in Friend points! Do one Multi-summon and max your damn King Vegeta out! :p
DBZ wasn't originally censored? At least not that I recall. I swear when it first came it was blood ahoy then later it got more strict.

Anyways I have no incentive now since you spoiled. Had you threatened to spoil it would have been effective :p

SnakeEyes

Banned
I liked the music...and the voices...and the inner monologue. Why you gotta hurt me so ;_;?

DBZ wasn't originally censored? At least not that I recall. I swear when it first came it was blood ahoy then later it got more strict.

Anyways I have no incentive now since you spoiled. Had you threatened to spoil it would have been effective :p
In Japan, no. In the US it was.

List of censoring in Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

Hell, there even appears to be minor censorship in DBZ Kai when that was aired on US TV as well. Goddamnit, America.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They already showed the american toys off for Super which leads me to believe it will air on some kids network (nickeldodeon perhaps).

Not sure what would be censored from super though, I can think of one dick joke and that's about it. Maybe toned down violence, but what's the point of putting the show on tv at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom