• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

Done with chilled and Cell, about to start hitting dat 'Tenks.

What's the strat-of-the-day, Mono AGL with 2SV?

Yup, if you got any stunners in AGL like Ult Gohan or the Dokkaned Goku one they help out some. Plus AGI Piccolo is a very good one to use as well, in this he can hit up to 250,000 since Gotenks is vulnerable to his cards.

Done with chilled and Cell, about to start hitting dat 'Tenks.

What's the strat-of-the-day, Mono AGL with 2SV?

If you got dat SV, fo sho. If you're not one of the chosen
Bandai spies :p
ones, I've been using mono PHY double Broly leads with great success. Last two runs only used 1 senzu each time.

Broly lead
SSJ Goku (Stunner)
SSJ Gotenks (Sealer)
TUR FP Frieza (or Ult Gohan)
WT Super Buu
TUR Fat Buu
Broly friend

Super Buu is the obviously the hard hitter during SSJ3 Gotenks and paired with Fat Buu for healing each turn. Relatively painless when it's all said and done.

MiTYH

Anyone have a decent guide for Beerus' banner? I've got some good INT units (Janemba, Dokkaned Vegito), as well as Gogeta and SV. I shouldn't be having this much trouble with it

Meneses

Anyone have a decent guide for Beerus' banner? I've got some good INT units (Janemba, Dokkaned Vegito), as well as Gogeta and SV. I shouldn't be having this much trouble with it

I can't remember my team when it first came around, but if i'm not mistaken I heavily depended on INT Android 13 friends, it reduced damage like a mofo.

Aiii

So not worth it

Not a hard fight, but a long one.

Keep your AGL units out of it. Bring at least two God characters, so SSG, SSB, Whis. Use Gogeta and a Gogeta friend as leader (at least, that's what I prefer), if available, use a God char as friend leader.

Do moderate damage for most of it, only one SA per turn, until his Fury meter is 75~80% full, and then hit SA with all three characters. When he goes Fury, go all out. For the one turn he sleeps, as well, since that's when you do most damage.

Anything that stuns really helps during his Fury mode, too, so make sure you bring those or sealers if they fit the bill for that.

Aside from his SA in Fury mode, most of his moves don't hurt all that much (esp. on Int and high def chars), and you should be able to last quite a bit with just healing items and maybe a ghost usher. I bring a Fruit of the Tree of Might to make sure I can SA during Fury and Sleep turns.

My wins were highly dependent on my Majin Buu (Piccolo) and Android 13 friends. The fights were loooong thanks to my lack of good int units lol

Skii

Already have 250 stones saved for Vegito Blue/SSJ Rose banner. Hoping I can get to around 600. 16 multis on both banners should be enough to get at least one of them... (I hope).

Is use SV, General Blue, Jackie Chun, AGL Whis, INT Turles, AGL Buu(helps with HP boost from SV, and gives health Regen). I usually have Beerus stunned so it's not a big deal, however, when he dices to also attack last it can sometimes bite me in the ass. SV+Gogeta are beast because SV needs 1 ki and Gogeta needs 4 so supers for days. And with stun lock fury doesn't matter as much. It sucks when both general blue and Turles fail to stun, or when RNGeus is a butt and doesn't give ki upgrades to general blue, despite how many app closes I do.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Already have 250 stones saved for Vegito Blue/SSJ Rose banner. Hoping I can get to around 600. 16 multis on both banners should be enough to get at least one of them... (I hope).

Yeah I said that about the Gogeta and Vegetto banners

fuck saving stones, it's gotten me nothing

Skii

Yeah I said that about the Gogeta and Vegetto banners

fuck saving stones, it's gotten me nothing

Yeah, I really wish this game would implement a "spend certain amount of stones and get character guaranteed if you don't pull in those stones" but I only see a few games implement it.

I did 15 multis on the SV banner for 1 SSR so I'm prepared for the worst.

Double SV leads is really good for chilled. The counter takes away half his health. However, due to how often the butthole supers you have to use Baba. I used a senzu, a baba, and a yama which isn't too bad I guess.

Chilled is ready for SA 15. Just need to farm his medal then I can work on Tao. Good thing I have Tao medals and only need his card.

Really dying for turtle and bulma medals though.

MiTYH

I can't remember my team when it first came around, but if i'm not mistaken I heavily depended on INT Android 13 friends, it reduced damage like a mofo.

Not a hard fight, but a long one.

Keep your AGL units out of it. Bring at least two God characters, so SSG, SSB, Whis. Use Gogeta and a Gogeta friend as leader (at least, that's what I prefer), if available, use a God char as friend leader.

Do moderate damage for most of it, only one SA per turn, until his Fury meter is 75~80% full, and then hit SA with all three characters. When he goes Fury, go all out. For the one turn he sleeps, as well, since that's when you do most damage.

Anything that stuns really helps during his Fury mode, too, so make sure you bring those or sealers if they fit the bill for that.

Aside from his SA in Fury mode, most of his moves don't hurt all that much (esp. on Int and high def chars), and you should be able to last quite a bit with just healing items and maybe a ghost usher. I bring a Fruit of the Tree of Might to make sure I can SA during Fury and Sleep turns.

My wins were highly dependent on my Majin Buu (Piccolo) and Android 13 friends. The fights were loooong thanks to my lack of good int units lol

Appreciate the tips everyone!! Actually managed to beat it with double Gogeta, INTVegito, Janemba, A16, and Int teen gohan. Might rework it when I'm back from holiday so for now I'll focus on Chilled.

Meneses

Good to know you managed it!

I was looking around a bit and starting from page 265-ish in this thread there's a bunch of Beerus teams if you need some inspiration.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Going back and doing older Dokkan stages, they're now utterly laughable. You can kill Cell in 2 turns (6 charges.)

At least getting the medals for the LR Androids will be easy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Appreciate the tips everyone!! Actually managed to beat it with double Gogeta, INTVegito, Janemba, A16, and Int teen gohan. Might rework it when I'm back from holiday so for now I'll focus on Chilled.

This is my team, as I'm currently doing it myself
- INT Fusion Android 13 Leader (TEQ Enemy ATK - 40%)
- INT Ape Nappa (the free dokkanable one from the Ape event, because his passive is all INT allies get +25% ATK and DEF as well as chance for Great Ape transformation)
- INT General Blue (no explanation needed)
- INT Android 16 (for blocking, but I may personally swap him out for my INT Vegito since his Super gives increased ATK)
- INT Super Saiyan Bardock (WT prize, seals Super)
- INT Whis (he's the main damage dealer since he is part of the event, his Super lowers ATK, and his passive gives all Allies ATK and DEF +12%
- Gogeta Friend

All in all, the INT cards get ATK and DEF buffs of 37%, on top of Beerus losing 40% ATK. Use General Blue to stun (as per usual) and attack with all others, but try to prioritise Whis for Supering and when your Dokkan bar is max, which will probably happen twice or so, try and align it so either Whis or the Gogeta Friend get it, even moreso if to manages to happen on the Sleepy Beerus phase.

flak57

Might just be reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly bad RNG.

I hate the Beerus fight, it takes so bloody long and he just supers so often? Sometimes stun doesn't work and I can't seal it so he supers next turn. Then next next turn he supers again AT THR VERY BEGINNING! No chsbce to stun/seal. Si then I gotta use Baba. Coupled with his 5 bars ughhhhhhhh

I was able to stun via switch after a restart earlier. Like what was said above, RNGesus just isn't with ya then.

You guys were right, was able to restart and have bulma stun just a second ago.

It was an agonizingly long battle with gotenks the first time (got him to a quarter of his last health bar, no god leads or gogeta aside from gogeta friend) with THREE different times having blue fail to stun with all 4 variations of the two left slots (item/no item etc), not even getting into the babidi bulma variations I was doing - not a single one making them stunned if they hadn't on the first attempt.

When I was low on health and he was almost dead, I actually had blue/babidi/bulma show up all the on same turn, all with enough ki, and NONE of those assholes stunned to get me the win in all combinations of the first two slots.

The fuck rng.

Need INT help on my tablet account so I said fuck it and did that multi pull. If I got nothing I wouldn't be mad because at least I can up the super for STR SS3 Goku

Got Super Baby 2!

Might actually be able to take out that Cell event now. I tried earlier and just barely did two rounds while going through way too many items.

Man there hasn't been a WT since I started and it's annoying because everyone just assumes you have General Blue/Murasaki. I'm still short any good universal blockers (or good blockers of any kind, really) and good sealers and stunners. I doubt I can do Gotenks or Beerus with my box because I don't have SV either. Feels bad. Bring on WT pls.

BrunoM

So is the INT strike Frieza even worth farming?
Yes he is if your int team lacks you can dokkan him into golden with a SA of 10 and he hits hard ..

And that means if you farm a second one to sa 10 and don't dokkan him they link really good ..

So yeah never bad having cards that can link well amd work good together ..

Take it from a 486 day long player and f2p those w came in handy time and time again lol

Durden77

I remember him being useful on the TEQ Super Strikes, but generally speaking I think it's not really needed.

I think he does awaken into a Golden Frieza who isn't great, if i'm not mistaken.

To make it doubley redundant I already have the natural SSR INT Golden Frieza, lol. Yeah I think I'm gonna skip him for now.

Yes he is if your int team lacks you can dokkan him into golden with a SA of 10 and he hits hard ..

And that means if you farm a second one to sa 10 and don't dokkan him they link really good ..

So yeah never bad having cards that can link well amd work good together ..

Take it from a 486 day long player and f2p those w came in handy time and time again lol

Interesting. I'll keep that in mind, but I think I'm gonna skip him for now. As a long time F2P player I'm sure that worked well over the time you've had, but tryin to grind it all out right now sounds unpleasant.

Of course out of all my initial Z'hard runs on these strike characters he would he the only one that drops though. Great.

Durden77

I wish Chilled wasn't such a lame and stupid character from a lame and stupid special so I could get more excited about farming him.

Durden77

You going for the LR Goku? If so, then he's almost a necessity so that should excite you.

I will be eventually, but I have a looooonnng way to go. Don't have a single strike character awakened yet.

But yeah, I know this lil turd is essential for him so I'm farmin the turd...

Lmao. Kept reading everyone pulling their Gotenks and I said screw it I'm going to get him. Did one single and saw Hercule and got a Krillin. Did one more, saw Hercule, SSJ and Rainbow Text and out pops The Mack Daddy of Justice himself.

If you believe in yourself you can do it guys.

Too bad my TEQ units are ass.

BrunoM

Lmao. Kept reading everyone pulling their Gotenks and I said screw it I'm going to get him. Did one single and saw Hercule and got a Krillin. Did one more, saw Hercule, SSJ and Rainbow Text and out pops The Mack Daddy of Justice himself.

Lol and I went and use another 5 stones after reading this .. and got a rare gohan lol ..
Damn it lol

I'm gonna do a single once I get 5 DS. If I don't get a Godtenks I will pray to RNGeus to not have mercy on your soul!

Savitar

All done with the Gotenks event, got them all dokkaned, save for Goten, got the medals but want to wait to get a few more before dokkaning him.

So freaking happy got Godtenks, use to be SSJ3 Vegeta as my main TEQ save for certain occasions when I used Majin Vegeta with his AOE attack ala world tournaments.

Just trying to figure out what duplicate color character should use in some situations should it be needed.

In the WT probably still use Majin Vegeta and STR Broly, more points to take them all out at once after all right. But yeah otherwise Gotenks and PHY Broly is definitely in there.

Hell I'm not even so interested in LR Goku now. But I still want to get him, just not as high up on the list as he was.

All done with the Gotenks event, got them all dokkaned, save for Goten, got the medals but want to wait to get a few more before dokkaning him.

So freaking happy got Godtenks, use to be SSJ3 Vegeta as my main TEQ save for certain occasions when I used Majin Vegeta with his AOE attack ala world tournaments.

Just trying to figure out what duplicate color character should use in some situations should it be needed.

In the WT probably still use Majin Vegeta and STR Broly, more points to take them all out at once after all right. But yeah otherwise Gotenks and PHY Broly is definitely in there.

Hell I'm not even so interested in LR Goku now. But I still want to get him, just not as high up on the list as he was.

Dang you are 3/7 for God leads. Now to see if you get Buuhan, Omega, SSBVegito, and SS Rose Black.

MisterMac

The grind never ends. Need 3 more Chilled and 14 medals. 2 more King Cold and 12 medals. A lot of Android 16s and all his medals. But once that is done I will have a Super Strike team.

Completed Strike Characters

King Vegeta
Jackie Chun
Cyborg Frieza
Cyborg Tao

Plus I have Strike Vegeta ready to go once I get his medals. I know he's not needed for LR Goku but I got him damnit.

I'm dying for a World Tournament. The first two I was a fresh faced punk with stars in his eyes. Now I'm Trunks and Vegeta walking out of the Room of Spirit and Time(why isn't this a training location). Battle hardened and ready to put my 80 wins in. My STR Broly and Majin Vegeta are ready and waiting to be released and AOE my way through everything in their way with a team built for nothing but giving them Ki backing them up.

Mostly I just want a GSSR summon to cause these stones are burning a hole in my pocket as I try to save up for SSBKK or Vegito Blue. I read the Bandai Spies in this thread all "Oh yeah I just did a single and got y'know one of the 7 best cards in the game nbd" so I tried my hand and got R INT Piccolo and now I'm gonna grind Metal Coolers to punish myself

The grind never ends. Need 3 more Chilled and 14 medals. 2 more King Cold and 12 medals. A lot of Android 16s and all his medals. But once that is done I will have a Super Strike team.

Completed Strike Characters

King Vegeta
Jackie Chun
Cyborg Frieza
Cyborg Tao

Plus I have Strike Vegeta ready to go once I get his medals. I know he's not needed for LR Goku but I got him damnit.

I'm dying for a World Tournament. The first two I was a fresh faced punk with stars in his eyes. Now I'm Trunks and Vegeta walking out of the Room of Spirit and Time(why isn't this a training location). Battle hardened and ready to put my 80 wins in. My STR Broly and Majin Vegeta are ready and waiting to be released and AOE my way through everything in their way with a team built for nothing but giving them Ki backing them up.

Mostly I just want a GSSR summon to cause these stones are burning a hole in my pocket as I try to save up for SSBKK or Vegito Blue. I read the Bandai Spies in this thread all "Oh yeah I just did a single and got y'know one of the 7 best cards in the game nbd" so I tried my hand and got R INT Piccolo and now I'm gonna grind Metal Coolers to punish myself

Yeah the strike grind is a pain. Currently I've got every character but Tao 15 times over and managed to get the 14 medals for Chilled but none of the others. What the hell happened to the WT though? they gave us a stone for 'delaying' it a while back then never actually brought it round and just cancelled it instead. Still waiting on a WT since SV so I can actually get some damn medals.

yogloo

PSA. Dual chilled lead is easier and faster for lr goku.
Chilled
Kv
Cold
Mecha
Trunks

Items: senzu, dende, int puar, phy puar

It's semi nuking. Dokkan mode chilled does 700k damage to goku lr.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I have an INT Vegito on my JP account, and I need to do five Vegito Dokkan events... With this team...
img_01031iugc.png

The fight is so easy that I raged the entire five bars of health of the final stage down in 7 attacks from my chars. Vegito Blue actually did two additional supers (about 160k each), Goku Black Rose hits for 500~600k SA, Trunks does another 150k.

Insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom