• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanru

Imo Mono phy is probably the easiest to work with. Piccolo makes every turn he shows up in a joke pretty much, even the STR phases he takes like 10k~12k damage, WT Super Buu heals really well, and they both deal 200k+ damage even at SA1. And you rarely have to worry about supers because of Bardock/SS Gotenks.

Mono Teq is hilariously fun though, and Godtenks is a monster. Pop almost all his damage links on a Vegito turn and he's packing 490k damage at SA1 under double leads, that's insane.

Feeling some slight temptation to do a Yolo pull. Ideally I'm trying to horde my stones for SSJR Black, or SSB Vegito and was going to maybe drop in for a shot at SSBKK. What's the verdict? Is a chance at Godtenks worth 50 stones? Would he even have a purpose with SV being my main and having Gogeta as a backup? I figured I'd be better off going for SSBKK or going all in on SSJR Black to make an unstoppable AGL team.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Two TEQ dokkan boss events up and dual SV outshines every other team I can put together.

You would think the type disadvantage would affect it but nope.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I haven't attempted the Godtenks Dokkan fight yet, but people have suggested that it's possible with a Mono PHY team and I'm wondering if I could get through it with this team.

oNFQ5P1.jpg

I'm only doing it for the Stone, and the medals for the SR Goten and Trunks, so want to judge if it's worth my time and effort or not.

Two TEQ dokkan boss events up and dual SV outshines every other team I can put together.

You would think the type disadvantage would affect it but nope.
SV mono team works well if you can block all the damage leading up to Gotenks going back to the STR non-SS version and then utterly nuking him from there.

Cruxist

Did a single pull on my JPN account today. Got Phy Broly. Now have 3 God leaders including super vegetto. This account is seriously ridiculous for a f2p.

Xanru

I haven't attempted the Godtenks Dokkan fight yet, but people have suggested that it's possible with a Mono PHY team and I'm wondering if I could get through it with this team.

I'm only doing it for the Stone, and the medals for the SR Goten and Trunks, so want to judge if it's worth my time and effort or not.

SV mono team works well if you can block all the damage leading up to Gotenks going back to the STR non-SS version and then utterly nuking him from there.

Half the reason Mono phy works so well is because PHY Piccolo pretty much functions like S.Vegito in this fight, just without the counter and dealing a heavy amount of damage in his own right.

A long as it's not a SA Piccolo can take it very well, and pretty much everyone else on his turn can too. Between that, the SA seals, and WT Super Buu's healing, you can alternate between turns tanking, healing, and dealing good damage each turn.

You'd probably get through it, I'm just not sure what all it'd entail item/stone wise for you, since I've never done it without Piccolo.

1480328201-s61128-083340.jpg

Here's mine. I wont lie, I was pretty upset at first until Gogeta appeared. If it wasnt for him, that'd ve been a shitty pull.
Also pulled SSR STR Gotenks with a YOLO pull on Godtenks banner. Good day :)

Meneses

You freaking spies :(

Hey, at least I got that last Goten I needed to max his SA before turning him into Gotenks, amirite?!

kill me now

MiTYH

MAN you people weren't kidding about Beerus being a long battle. Thankfully A16 and a few others are helping it move along nicely. Still a slog though, only going for my 10 medals for my STR one and if I happen to pull TEQ/get the FP Androids, I'll come back to it.

Also, discount summon got me SSR INT Android 18. It's new and an orb changer (rainbow--> INT) so I guess I can't complain.

EDIT: Now 6/10 medals, time for a break. Should have the rest sometime today

I'm tempted to do a discount pull despite already having Gogeta and PHY Broly... I could use those Buus and PHY Ultimate Gohan. I only have 70 stones though and completely exhausted free story stones. What do?

Skii

I'm tempted to do a discount pull despite already having Gogeta and PHY Broly... I could use those Buus and PHY Ultimate Gohan. I only have 70 stones though and completely exhausted free story stones. What do?

Dont do it. If you really are completely finished in terms of grinding stones, you have to save those for the god banners or the recent Japan SSJ Rose banner. It's the only way you'll get good value from those stones.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Oh you'll pull. EVERYONE PULLS. good luck! I also have Gogeta... and Broly... and I have PHY gohan, but dammit I cant' pass up a discounted pull.

yay got all the beerus medals needed for legendary androids
really the most difficult event i ever did,wasted a insane amount of stones tho but it was the only way

i really need stunners and sealers,glad its done because i was getting sick hitting him for 10-20k with vegito

I also find the Beerus dokkan fight pretty hard. Having an easier time with a Gogeta team. Just a few more and I'm finished.

Damn it, I guess I'm farming for PHY Broly medals now. He was my only SSR in the discount pull. My PHY selection is pure ass (Only SSR Ult Gohan actually) as well so I guess I gotta go for some of those free poor SSRs that are in the events lol.

Hiltz

I don't think you're team is quite strong enough to handle the TEQ Gotenks fight. the Buu units are all pretty lousy overall, so their not really worth using despite their special advantage when used in this particular dokkan boss . PHY Gotenks in the battle's 2nd phase hits pretty hard by the way. Pretty much the trick to beating TEQ Gotenks is to buy time by delaying and enduring his attacks by using support items like ghost usher, king yenma and/or baba so he can't hit you with a full on super attack on you. Eventually, TEQ Gotenks will change into STR Gotenks for a few turns where he will be much weaker so you can deal the most damage to him, but a full PHY mono team won't do as. After a few turns, Gotenks will change back into his TEQ form. i agree that a dual Super Vegito AGL mono team works very well against TEQ Gotenks.

Meneses

I wish Gohan's SA was just him doing the Kame with one hand and walking forward engulfed in blue light, wasted opportunity (although i'm sure it's hard for them to make a convincing walking motion with basically still images).

Btw, is it confirmed that it's a Dokkan to the old STR Gohan card?

Because if it's a new one i'll riot.

edit: just checked, it seems to be the old one.

I love how laughable Cell, Buu, and Gogeta are with a TUR SV + TUR Gogeta set up. Literally buu attacked my SV three times with no supers, so over 1.5bars of his health were from being bitch slapped.

I got most of the medals needed for LR Androrids from the ones we currently have available. The ones I got are: Cell, Buu, Gogeta, Janemba, Ultimate Gohan, SV, Broly. Still need more Beerus medals, and SSJ3 Gogetanks. Also, when was the last time we got the Frieza DA event? I swear I've seen it once only...

Durden77

So I have continued to go HAM on the Gotenks banner for no apparent reason except for hearing that the rates were good.

After spending around 125 stones on it with no SSR, I just spent 70 more on it because YOLO.

This time I got SSR INT SSG Goku (a card I really thought was cool)

And SSR TEQ Beerus.

So finally, something to show for it iff of this banner. It's not Godtenks, but those are some good cards.

I now have 11 stones. Lol. Sigh...

Meneses

lol I have 2 whole stones.

Btw, I forgot the best part of the story about my failed 30 stone summon this morning:

Out of frustration, I decided to do some FP summons and train some cards I got recently.

Then I remembered I still had like 13 Bye Guys Gokus so I thought "yeah, let's just up the SA of some Goku for the hell of it".

I saw a TEQ Goku and quickly, without thinking, added 5 Bye Guys and trained. I didn't notice the SA number not rising.

Only after training did I realize that the TEQ Goku was SSJ2.

lol

Moral of the story kids, don't do stuff out of frustration - in games and in life.

Durden77

lol I have 2 whole stones.

Btw, I forgot the best part of the story about my failed 30 stone summon this morning:

Out of frustration, I decided to do some FP summons and train some cards I got recently.

Then I remembered I still had like 13 Bye Guys Gokus so I thought "yeah, let's just up the SA of some Goku for the hell of it".

I saw a TEQ Goku and quickly, without thinking, added 5 Bye Guys and trained. I didn't notice the SA number not rising.

Only after training did I realize that the TEQ Goku was SSJ2.

lol

Moral of the story kids, don't do stuff out of frustration - in games and in life.

Yeeeooouuuccch.

I swear I'm learning that it is simply impossible for me to do just one pull. It always leads to more. Most of the time, way too many more. This addiction often leads to regret, and the regret in this game stings badly. That regret leads so frustration. Frustration leads to more stupid shit. This game is fucking brutal man.

Sorry for your loss. If it makes you feel better, he was gonna blow himself up anyway.

R Bald Hercule is great for super strikes...assuming you're not doing double Super Vegito.

I already have like 3 of him lol...i know he has like 30% damage reduction. Plus, I think I finished all super strikes? I did Vegeta & Pikkon once just to get DSs. I have the ones needed for Goku though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom