• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Me: Aiii is so lucky. Let me do a single pull on our current god banner!

Slot machine from hell: Take this R. LOL

Me: FUCK YOU I'LL PULL AGAIN

Slot machine from hell: LOL TAKE THIS SHITTY SR

Me: ARGUUUUUUUUUHASDFL;ASDFJASLDKFSADF PULL AGAIN!!

Slot machine from hell: ENJOY DR. GERO, ASSHAT

Ugh. This game. No one should ever get Rs out of the slot machine.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Yup, that was me throughout the whole SV Dokkan event. FML ~_~

Dokkan Ticket summon is my last hope.

I'm curious on what the SSJ4 cards are gonna be like and then SSJ4 Gogeta. The abilities and passives on them will be broken. Well at least Goku and Gogeta since Vegeta always get shafted.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm curious on what the SSJ4 cards are gonna be like and then SSJ4 Gogeta. The abilities and passives on them will be broken. Well at least Goku and Gogeta since Vegeta always get shafted.
Workmate and I have already had a discussion, regarding SS4 Gogeta.

Leader skill would be +5 Ki to all, HP/ATK/DEF +150% to all.

Game would break.

I pulled... I regret everything.

I probably shouldn't complain. No SSR but I need these discount pulls to bolster my SR options still as well.

I won't lie, I want them to be crap since I hate the design. I've been secretly hoping for a long time that SSJ4 units release around the same time a new form is revealed in Super making them immediately irrelevant

Meneses

I won't lie, I want them to be crap since I hate the design. I've been secretly hoping for a long time that SSJ4 units release around the same time a new form is revealed in Super making them immediately irrelevant

lol I was gonna post the same thing.

I hate SSJ4's design.

Then again, I also really don't like SSJ3 but it doesn't really bother me in-game.

Durden77

Much like pretty much everything in GT, I really like the IDEA of SSJ4. The idea of controlling a Super Saiyan Great Ape is cool, but I don't like the execution. And yeah, with that comes the design. Not a huge fan.

So yeah, I'm totally ok with no GT cards being God cards. I actually really hope they aren't.

Workmate and I have already had a discussion, regarding SS4 Gogeta.

Game would break.

I was bored so I made this one up.

Incredible Fusion SSJ4 Gogeta STR?

Requires SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta on the same team, takes up 2 character slots to replace them when fused, can attack 2 times in a turn.

Leader skill:
+6ki to all, +10k att, def and hp to all.

Stats
13k hp, 15k att, 12k def

Passive:
Counter attack x3, 99% damage reduction, advantage vs all. Defuses after 2 rounds

Super: 9ki Bluff Kamehameha (stuns enemy and reduce attack and defense) 10 ki Ultimate rush (melee attack that increases attack and defense) 11ki Big Bang Kamehameha (increase attack immensely and reduce defense) 12ki Big Bang Kamehameha x100 (enemy defense turns 0 and deals colossal damage)

Links
Prepared for Battle +2ki
Fused Warrior +2ki
GT +2 ki
Over in a Flash +3ki
Fierce Battle 15% attack
Super Saiyan 10% attack
Time limit 30% boost to attack when launching super (All non potara fusions get this.)

Ki multiplier is 250%

Much like pretty much everything in GT, I really like the IDEA of SSJ4. The idea of controlling a Super Saiyan Great Ape is cool, but I don't like the execution. And yeah, with that comes the design. Not a huge fan.

So yeah, I'm totally ok with no GT cards being God cards. I actually really hope they aren't.

Sorry bro this guy already exists just like those nukers.

RIP

Add me to the not liking SS4 design.

It wasn't a bad idea necessary.......the execution failed.

Ditto for me. The mascara on the eyes killed it for me along with the fur on chest thing. The tail part was cool and the hair and eye color change I could deal with. But the other stuff was a huge no.

I'd prefer no GT god leads but Omega Shenron is one already while Babygeta 2 and SSJ3 Kid Goku are nuke leads.

Ditto for me. The mascara on the eyes killed it for me along with the fur on chest thing. The tail part was cool and the hair and eye color change I could deal with. But the other stuff was a huge no.

I'd prefer no GT god leads but Omega Shenron is one already while Babygeta 2 and SSJ3 Kid Goku are nuke leads.

Same here. Pink panther fur, mascara, and even their jeans were terrible. Eye colour and them having a tail(which makes a lot of sense since Saiyans are more powerful with their tail in tact, right?).

I have a feeling that Aiii is actually a bandai spy, sent here to destroy our dragon stone reserves >:[

Savitar

Controversial opinion alert: SSJ4 sucks but not as much as SSJ3. No eyebrows + Radditz hair is so fucking stupid-looking.

I don't mind the hair but the giant brow bone thing makes them look more primitive and not so smart.

Also the Heroes DB game in Japan got a SS3 Raditz reveal only a week or two ago.

I don't mind the hair but the giant brow bone thing makes them look more primitive and not so smart.

Also the Heroes DB game in Japan got a SS3 Raditz reveal only a week or two ago.

Yeah same issue here. It's not that I hate SSJ3 so much but it doesn't feel like it fits the characters. It tried too hard to make them look powerful. That was my same problem with SSJ4 actually where I felt like they tried the same and ended up almost making Goku look evil. It just didn't fit the personality of the character IMO.

Controversial opinion alert: SSJ4 sucks but not as much as SSJ3. No eyebrows + Radditz hair is so fucking stupid-looking.
How dare you!

It makes him look angry at all times which is unsuiting, and the hair coming out of literally no where.

So, with the dupe system, do you get to choose to increase SA or go the path or does the path unlock after max SA? I asked before but I don't think I go a straight answer. If I did I'm sorry lol.

Damn, Super Vegito is a killer for Gogeta event. I wished I pulled him :"""(
But at least, I got my Gogeta dokkan awakened. I'd love to do the same for Broly but... The event is just impossible.

Impulsively pulled the 30 stone discount banner and I actually got something useful! INT Godku, my only Godku card, who will actually be useful when I go for the Beerus event at some point. Also a bunch of SRs but nothing amazing.

idonteven

I was bored so I made this one up.

Incredible Fusion SSJ4 Gogeta STR?

Requires SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta on the same team, takes up 2 character slots to replace them when fused, can attack 2 times in a turn.

Leader skill:
+6ki to all, +10k att, def and hp to all.

Stats
13k hp, 15k att, 12k def

Passive:
Counter attack x3, 99% damage reduction, advantage vs all. Defuses after 2 rounds

Super: 9ki Bluff Kamehameha (stuns enemy and reduce attack and defense) 10 ki Ultimate rush (melee attack that increases attack and defense) 11ki Big Bang Kamehameha (increase attack immensely and reduce defense) 12ki Big Bang Kamehameha x100 (enemy defense turns 0 and deals colossal damage)

Links
Prepared for Battle +2ki
Fused Warrior +2ki
GT +2 ki
Over in a Flash +3ki
Fierce Battle 15% attack
Super Saiyan 10% attack
Time limit 30% boost to attack when launching super (All non potara fusions get this.)

Ki multiplier is 250%

Sorry bro this guy already exists just like those nukers.

RIP

nothing would ever be able to kill that :p pretty sure a card like that could solo all dokkan events

Aiii

So not worth it

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I agree though, Rs are complete bullshit at this point and should be restricted to the friends banner for training fodder.

----
Spend the entire day ranking at x3 EXP and farming medal stages to get an Old Kai, finally got him so I can Dokkan SV. Now all I need is the SV dokkan event to show up in the dokkan event rotation so I can spend a day getting him to TUR.

Sec0nd

What are some good strats for the Beerus event? There seems no escaping his rage mode. I can survive two rage modes but I just do enough damage it seems to end the fight quick enough.

Aiii

So not worth it
^
Not a hard fight, but a long one.

Keep your AGL units out of it. Bring at least two God characters, so SSG, SSB, Whis. Use Gogeta and a Gogeta friend as leader (at least, that's what I prefer), if available, use a God char as friend leader.

Do moderate damage for most of it, only one SA per turn, until his Fury meter is 75~80% full, and then hit SA with all three characters. When he goes Fury, go all out. For the one turn he sleeps, as well, since that's when you do most damage.

Anything that stuns really helps during his Fury mode, too, so make sure you bring those or sealers if they fit the bill for that.

Aside from his SA in Fury mode, most of his moves don't hurt all that much (esp. on Int and high def chars), and you should be able to last quite a bit with just healing items and maybe a ghost usher. I bring a Fruit of the Tree of Might to make sure I can SA during Fury and Sleep turns.

Sec0nd

Cheers. Tried it running the following team:

Gogeta Lead
PHY Gotenks
TEQ Godku
AGL Whis
INT Vegitto
STR Godku
Gogeta Friend

Though doing a lot more damage I don't really have the survivability I had with double SV setup. Any tips? I could throw in AGL Golden Freeza for blocking or AGL Ultimate Gohan for stun. But both are obviously AGL. Or General Blue... I dunno.

MiTYH

Cheers. Tried it running the following team:

Gogeta Lead
PHY Gotenks
TEQ Godku
AGL Whis
INT Vegitto
STR Godku
Gogeta Friend

Though doing a lot more damage I don't really have the survivability I had with double SV setup. Any tips? I could throw in AGL Golden Freeza for blocking or AGL Ultimate Gohan for stun. But both are obviously AGL. Or General Blue... I dunno.

Swap AGL Whis for Super Strike Android 16. And maybe take out the someone else (gotenks of TEQ Godku) for General Blue. Then you're basically at the team I used. It's long and tedious but stuns and blocking > a slightly greater attack. I'd even say swap STR Godku for any SSJ INT you have (I used SSJ Teen), since they link well with Gogeta, who will be your main attacker

Bring Senzu/Dende/Ghost Usher. Remember using Ghost Usher when he has 3 in fury means he won't attack at all on the next turn (he goes to sleep) so it's like two free turns in one

Sec0nd

Swap AGL Whis for Super Strike Android 16. And maybe take out the someone else (gotenks of TEQ Godku) for General Blue. Then you're basically at the team I used. It's long and tedious but stuns and blocking > a slightly greater attack. I'd even say swap STR Godku for any SSJ INT you have (I used SSJ Teen), since they link well with Gogeta, who will be your main attacker

Bring Senzu/Dende/Ghost Usher. Remember using Ghost Usher when he has 3 in fury means he won't attack at all on the next turn (he goes to sleep) so it's like two free turns in one

Cheers! That did the trick.

Conspiracy theory, but I feel like when the enemy is going to super, your stunners have a 0% chance to stun...

Also that awkward moment when you though you stunned Beerus for two turns because he had the stun symbol but it was General Blues passive and he was really only stunned for one turn...

Conspiracy theory, but I feel like when the enemy is going to super, your stunners have a 0% chance to stun...

Also that awkward moment when you though you stunned Beerus for two turns because he had the stun symbol but it was General Blues passive and he was really only stunned for one turn...

I always stun on the last turn and then they transform into another form which erases all my debuffs and they get a fresh start. Happens all the time with Beerus and Gotenks.

It hurts worse when AGL Ult Gohan is your only source of stuns and it's rare as hell.

Maxim726X

So... Fuck.

I think I'm going to start playing my free alt account.

I set up an account on a tablet I have lying around for shits and giggles in the summer. This is what I've amassed to this point without spending a fucking dime:

- SSJ3 Gotenks
- Super Vegito
- LSSJ Brolly (Both PHY and STR)
- Super Gogeta
- SSJ Gotenks (PHY)
- STR Goku (Great Brilliance)
- SSB Goku (AGL)
- SSJ3 Goku (STR)
- SSJ3 Vegeta (TEQ)
- SSJ2 Trunks
- SSJ Goten (AGL)
- SSJ Future Gohan
- AGL Buu
- SSJ Goku (Pinnacle of Rage)

I just did a YOLO single and got Godtenks.

Mind you- I've spent nothing and have barely done *any* of the story missions. These were almost entirely made of free stones. I did *one* multi during the SV event and got both Broly and SV on the same pull.

Meanwhile, I've spent an embarrassing amount of money on my main and I don't have some of these cards. For the first time, I'm really thinking about switching.

Durden77

What's your friend ID? I can set him as my lead so you at least kind of have a chance.

Could you do this for me? Probably won't be able to give it a real shot until later tonight though. I think we are already friends? Mf IGN is Bawlsaq.

Edit : Awesome I saw you did. Thank you, he's so glorious. May go ahead and go for it...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Could you do this for me? Probably won't be able to give it a real shot until later tonight though. I think we are already friends? Mf IGN is Bawlsaq.

Yup, looks like we are. I'm just farming Android 16 cards so I should be able to keep him as my lead without issue.

So... Fuck.

I set up an account on a tablet I have lying around for shits and giggles in the summer. This is what I've amassed to this point without spending a fucking dime:

- SSJ3 Gotenks
- Super Vegito
- Super Gogeta
- SSJ Gotenks (PHY)
- SSB Goku (AGL)
- SSJ3 Goku (STR)
- SSJ3 Vegeta (TEQ)
- SSJ2 Trunks
- SSJ Goten (AGL)
- SSJ Future Gohan
- AGL Buu

Mind you- I've spent nothing and have barely done *any* of the story missions. These were almost entirely made of free stones. I did *one* multi during the SV event and got both Broly and SV on the same pull.

Meanwhile, I've spent an embarrassing amount of money on my main and I don't have some of these cards. For the first time, I'm really thinking about switching.

Uhhh I would hella do it for that account. How is your main like? Even if you spent money on the main one. This alt one looks so good and there is nothing done story wise on it. Hell yeah you should switch.

Only way I wouldn't is if the main account already has SV and AOE along with some really good SSRs that are equal to the one you have in the alt account.

Fuck RNG. I had to spent a third DS for the second time in my life. Last bar and no items except an usher. I have gen blue, Turles, and Whis. NONE STUN! AGHJJJHHHHDHDJSJS

Durden77

Yup, looks like we are. I'm just farming Android 16 cards so I should be able to keep him as my lead without issue.

Oh my god Guldo is god, but I just learned in the worst way that I needed a damage reduction item and now Babe with Broly at all... got creamed. And this was on Z-Hard...I am shamed.

Gonna try again when I get my AGL team stronger hopefully later tonight. But if ya gotta change your leader back no worries.

Maxim726X

Uhhh I would hella do it for that account. How is your main like? Even if you spent money on the main one. This alt one looks so good and there is nothing done story wise on it. Hell yeah you should switch.

Only way I wouldn't is if the main account already has SV and AOE along with some really good SSRs that are equal to the one you have in the alt account.

I do have SV on my main, and the AOEs... But to have every God lead already with so many extra stones to spare? Man, that's tough.

So... Fuck.

- SSJ3 Gotenks
- Super Vegito
- Super Gogeta
- SSJ Gotenks (PHY)
- SSB Goku (AGL)
- SSJ3 Goku (STR)
- SSJ3 Vegeta (TEQ)
- SSJ2 Trunks
- SSJ Goten (AGL)
- SSJ Future Gohan
- AGL Buu

Don't do it, garbage account. I'll give you 5 bucks for it so you never have to look at it again.

Maxim726X

Don't do it, garbage account. I'll give you 5 bucks for it so you never have to look at it again.

You know, I actually thought about selling it.

I wonder what some people would be willing to pay? Some of the whales over on the Dokkan Reddit spent 2,000+ without a single God lead... This fucking game, man. No justice.

I wonder what some people would be willing to pay? Some of the whales over on the Dokkan Reddit spent 2,000+ without a single God lead... This fucking game, man. No justice.

Because of how easy it is to reroll, and the ease of getting great cards increases as the game gets older, most fresh accounts aren't worth *that* much in the grand scheme of things, but I reckon that one would definitely fetch top dollar. You have just about all the cornerstones of the top-tier teams.

I spent about 15% of that. I promised myself to not spend anymore but then I lost to Beerus, and bought a 6 DSs pack. One for a recovery one to pull. Then my slow ass fucked up and didn't app close in time, so I lost. Bout a 32DS pack. Gonna try the 30 banner pull...NONE OF YOU TRY TO STOP ME!
Cheeky cunts ;). I'll give you $6.50 Kappa

Edit:. SSR SSJ AGL Trunks dupe(the semi-nuker). WHY DIDN'T ANY PF YOU STOP ME?!??!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Oh my god Guldo is god, but I just learned in the worst way that I needed a damage reduction item and now Babe with Broly at all... got creamed. And this was on Z-Hard...I am shamed.

Gonna try again when I get my AGL team stronger hopefully later tonight. But if ya gotta change your leader back no worries.

I'll post if I change it back. Even with Guldo lead I should be good with an SV friend.

Meneses

Man, Gotenks event is such a slog with an SV team (I know, "first world problems" and all that :p)... It is pretty safe, with few items used, but it takes forever, especially if you're unlucky with his transformations and/or orb placement.

I actually lost twice due to stupid mistakes since I tend to do something else at the same time.

I assume this next maintenance is for the new story content?

Man, playing Dokkan on international flight wifi is like playing old ass PS1 games with their insane load times. Had to wait like 2 minutes for the end level screen to show up! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom