• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Couldn't help myself. Did the discount summon fishing for AGL Ult Gohan. Saw a SSG Goku sillouette and got excited! It was the INT. Not a dupe and an SSR so I'm happy. But it does make me wanna spend a little on the Buuhan banner since now I have Janemba, SSJ Goku at SA10, and SSG Goku on deck.

Probably I should just save for SSB Vegito so I can try and assemble a solid rainbow team since my AGL team is fucking pants but those stones wanna spend themselves. Still got 130 left so but ugh I want SSBKK Goku and Buuhan. Fuck my life

Is there a banner with the gods and SSBKK Goku on it?

Savitar

Couldn't help myself. Did the discount summon fishing for AGL Ult Gohan. Saw a SSG Goku sillouette and got excited! It was the INT. Not a dupe and an SSR so I'm happy. But it does make me wanna spend a little on the Buuhan banner since now I have Janemba, SSJ Goku at SA10, and SSG Goku on deck.

Probably I should just save for SSB Vegito so I can try and assemble a solid rainbow team since my AGL team is fucking pants but those stones wanna spend themselves. Still got 130 left so but ugh I want SSBKK Goku and Buuhan. Fuck my life

Is there a banner with the gods and SSBKK Goku on it?

It's coming out soon.

So you might want to prepare accordingly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Look at the bottom right:
img_0106rbsvs.png
Game changer.

Damn all those top tier friends lol. If you can use that during tournaments to reload AOE that would be great.

The new Cell is STR and not AGL unless I got that wrong. But the coolest part is his super. He has the Gotenks problem but its a game of counting orbs and manipulating the board to have the exact amount of orbs.

Aiii

So not worth it
Other changes I've seen:
-Your character now moves faster on the game board, which is really nice. It still does the zoom in animation though, which is a shame.
-When you burst ki spheres of the characters own type, little hearts move from the spheres to your character.

Guys, what are the requirements to unlock the new modes? It seems being at rank 50 is one of them, but which is the second one? I guess it mentions to beat a stage at Z-Hard difficulty, but which one?

MiTYH

FINALLY got 10 medals for my STR Beerus. God help me if I ever pull the TEQ one....

The part of me that wants to complete everything for the SR form says "go and continue getting medals!" but the part of me that failed a bunch of times since it's long as hell says "Nah, next time."

That latter part won. I think I'll farm some SS units

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Older dokkan fest exclusives get bigger stat bonuses than other cards, even god leads. Free cards like WT prizes and cards that came from SRs get less than average stat increases

For example there's a node that when unlocked increases STR Broly's attack by 700, this number is 500 for SSJ2 Goku and 300 for Teq Saiywoman

Maxim726X

Older dokkan fest exclusives get bigger stat bonuses than other cards, even god leads. Free cards like WT prizes and cards that came from SRs get less than average stat increases

For example there's a node that when unlocked increases STR Broly's attack by 700, this number is 500 for SSJ2 Goku and 300 for Teq Saiywoman

But they still require dupes to move across the sphere grid (that's basically what it is)... It seems like a very limited system.

EDIT: Okay, just saw that it doesn't... Looks like you use a different currency. What are the dupes used for, then?

Meneses

Yeah, from what I read, Dupes close off some parts of the grid (mostly the better parts), but there are also spots that need high SAs?

MisterMac

Seems like this new system just creates a bigger divide between f2p and p2p. I'll likely never have another Super Vegito or really any of my SSRs. So now I will forever have the inferior version of the card vs people who drop hundreds of dollars on every banner. If the upcoming events see a difficulty

I don't see it making SRs or anything viable that already isn't myself. But as a f2p I'm not really thrilled

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Seems like this new system just creates a bigger divide between f2p and p2p. I'll likely never have another Super Vegito or really any of my SSRs. So now I will forever have the inferior version of the card vs people who drop hundreds of dollars on every banner. If the upcoming events see a difficulty

I don't see it making SRs or anything viable that already isn't myself. But as a f2p I'm not really thrilled

Eh, let's wait on that judgment until there's content that can't otherwise be beaten. As of now, we don't really compete with other players and all content can be beaten, so I don't feel like there's a meaningful divide. Perhaps there's a divide between those with unlucky gacha pulls and those who are lucky, which also loosely correlates to $$ folks. As it is, they've given us quite a few free stones.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Oh wow, they're trying to make this a legit game. It must rake in decent money for them add more depth to the game. I was surprised the game was big enough for them to hand out free shirts at their Comic Con booth.

idonteven

Oh wow, they're trying to make this a legit game. It must rake in decent money for them add more depth to the game. I was surprised the game was big enough for them to hand out free shirts at their Comic Con booth.

decent money ? pretty sure its a insane amount of money

It already was a "legit game". This system seems like it'll just widen the gap between f2p and free, I mean, it definitely will, that's not really up for debate, the only question is how necessary it will be to engage deeply with this. It's more menu management than actually playing, so I'm not really a fan of it.

Savitar

The only real thing I'm worried about is if they start to have content that take these into consideration it will be quite annoying if you got the team to beat it and the items but you can't do it because the characters are not "advanced" far enough or your lacking dupes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It already was a "legit game". This system seems like it'll just widen the gap between f2p and free, I mean, it definitely will, that's not really up for debate, the only question is how necessary it will be to engage deeply with this. It's more menu management than actually playing, so I'm not really a fan of it.

When I say "legit game" I mean an added level of depth for potential strategies that aren't just smack the boss with the new hotness. The system seems to be an attempt to discourage rerolling, similar to how the WT changes were made to discourage grinding the first stage.

I'm impressed that they're putting an effort to actually changing the game instead of just pumping out new characters and getting money that way and not really fixing issues or adding content. I guess I was expecting Pokemon Go levels of care, where they just use the IP as a crutch.

But of course, if the content starts to rely on players having dupes then they'll either need to up character drop rates to compensate or wallets and F2P are screwed.

commish

As someone who has played a few billion gacha type games, I can say that most of them don't try to add to the complexity in the same manner as Dokkan has. Most just keep making new characters with higher stats. We'll see how they can balance it all.

i do hope that the game gets harder because i think the game is really easy on jpn with all god leads

It's just kind of insane how big the difference is between having the current hotness god leads and not having them. They gotta chill out on the power creep of new cards a little bit but $$$

It's just kind of insane how big the difference is between having the current hotness god leads and not having them. They gotta chill out on the power creep of new cards a little bit but $$$

I dunno, SV is the most broken card in the game thanks to counter and damage reduction. But since then no one has really challenged that.

Blugito doesn't even come close with his paltry 30% defense and Rose is an attack dog with no defense.

Lets see how the next big cards are like for the game.

BTW anyone know the INT 100% everything lead?

SSBKK is for AGL, Golden Frieza for TEQ, Black Goku for PHY and the new dokkan Cell for STR.

Durden77

All this dupe shit is great, but I still say more than anything this game needs a severe UI upgrade. Like, bad. It's improved in certian areas, but it's still pretty awful in the grand scheme of things overall and there's a lot of little things that it has or should have that make it even worse.

One thing I was thinking of today that it needs would be a way to filter characters by link skills. That would make creating teams with certain link skills much more fun. The way link skills in general are handled is pretty ass. I just recently started caring about them once I got some characters with OiaF, SS, and PfB and such.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Dupe system is a little underwhelming in that every character basically has access to the same 7 special abilities. I was hoping for augments to their existing abilities and have unique abilities. Only real difference is the way you spec your character and the fact that some cards get more stats than others

I dunno, SV is the most broken card in the game thanks to counter and damage reduction. But since then no one has really challenged that.

Blugito doesn't even come close with his paltry 30% defense and Rose is an attack dog with no defense.

Fair enough, I was mostly thinking of SV, but he is pretty nutty all by himself.

Now that LR Goku's released, are Super Strike characters even useful anymore?

The next LR might need Super Strike characters though. Hopefully they do since it is fun to fight with certain restrictions. LR Vegeta plz now that Piccolo has been chosen. (Its gonna be LR Tien Kappa)

commish

Now that LR Goku's released, are Super Strike characters even useful anymore?

16 is still a great blocker if you know it's going to be teq enemies. The rest will probably have a use in some future strikes where costs are limited, perhaps, or in fights that have other limitations (e.g., heroes, bosses, etc).

Aiii

So not worth it
So I figured I would burn some stones on 4 more single summons on the Blue banner since I had so much luck with it to try and pull SV.

First. Fucking. Pull.

These two banners are the best banners in the history of Dokkan Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom