• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Gotenks event is such a slog with an SV team (I know, "first world problems" and all that :p)... It is pretty safe, with few items used, but it takes forever, especially if you're unlucky with his transformations and/or orb placement.

I actually lost twice due to stupid mistakes since I tend to do something else at the same time.

I assume this next maintenance is for the new story content?

Yeah if SV isn't blocking Gotenks does like 2.5k per hit on your AGL. Its really slow when he transforms back into SSJ3 from his base form which can be really annoying.

Hopefully the maintenance comes with a tournament update on when its gonna come. I need medals for my Super Strikes so damn bad! I tried to feed an SSR Jackie Chun for a SA up but I failed. Feels bad man.

Man, playing Dokkan on international flight wifi is like playing old ass PS1 games with their insane load times. Had to wait like 2 minutes for the end level screen to show up! XD

Be glad there is no tournament at least. lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I would kill for a tournament right now. First, it would be my first "real" WT, since I was just starting when the last one hit. Second, I don't have anything to spend my stam on these days.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I would kill for a tournament right now. First, it would be my first "real" WT, since I was just starting when the last one hit. Second, I don't have anything to spend my stam on these days.
You should be farming Quest missions for Gems if you've got nothing else to do. I'm doing 18-5 Surprising End, because you have a higher chance of the bonus Pilaf showing up.

commish

You should be farming Quest missions for Gems if you've got nothing else to do. I'm doing 18-5 Surprising End, because you have a higher chance of the bonus Pilaf showing up.

I can't do it. I know I SHOULD, but I get bored in about 9 seconds. I'm using this as a little break so I don't get burned out. A "break" until a SS comes up that I haven't done yet. I have these 2 but need others.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I can't do it. I know I SHOULD, but I get bored in about 9 seconds. I'm using this as a little break so I don't get burned out. A "break" until a SS comes up that I haven't done yet. I have these 2 but need others.
I know what you mean, but I'm forcing myself through it because I know there's some new stuff in the treasure menu that is worth getting (apparently there's a PHY SS Angel Goku that's god for a PHY Mono team), so I'm getting in early.

Aiii

So not worth it
I only farm stages when there is a rank boost, or I really need the gems for something so there is a purpose to work for. Aimlessly doing shit seems more like a job than a video game to me and I refuse to do it.

Meneses

Doing that stage now with a Broly team is a literal "LOL". I usually avoided it because the Whis fight was too long, but now he's dead on the first turn if i'm lucky with orbs/characters.

A good thing about that stage is that you can get Ghost Ushers and Senzus (among other things) as drops.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Doing that stage now with a Broly team is a literal "LOL". I usually avoided it because the Whis fight was too long, but now he's dead on the first turn if i'm lucky with orbs/characters.

A good thing about that stage is that you can get Ghost Ushers and Senzus (among other things) as drops.
Yup, running dual PHY Brolys is utterly laughable.

Have you done all the awakening event lvls on all difficulties? The ones that drop awakening medals for specific colours? Those are always useful.

Durden77

Does anyone know if I Dokkan awaken the SR TEQ Beerus if it will give the natural SSR TEQ Beerus a 100% super chance? I almost hope it doesn't because that means I have to farm a lot more medals.

Beerus beaten twice! First Dokkan raid beaten! What an exhausting fight. Don't think I'll be able to go at it too much longer without more King Yemmas. Only have 2 left.

Is there any substitute for Tao on LR Goku? My collection has grown pretty well and I'm at the point of having 15 of copies of the 5 main characters needed plus many of their medals and Tao hasn't rolled round once.

Is there any substitute for Tao on LR Goku? My collection has grown pretty well and I'm at the point of having 15 of copies of the 5 main characters needed plus many of their medals and Tao hasn't rolled round once.

Well take all the INTs but Jackie Chun is the only other stunner Super Strike character.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

STR Trunks is an ok sub since his passive constantly helps the team. Can also go with PHY Gotenks coming out tomorrow since it would be another PHY getting 6 ki from dual King Vegeta leads.

Both Failure Gotenks are worth going for regardless since they're free mini god leads

commish

I only farm stages when there is a rank boost, or I really need the gems for something so there is a purpose to work for. Aimlessly doing shit seems more like a job than a video game to me and I refuse to do it.

This is my approach. Especially since I've started OPTC.

Durden77

Pretty much me. Once the quests are complete it's really hard for me to go back to them, feels like a raw chores. Gonna be very hard for me to go back and farm gems, if I ever do. Just tryin to get as many as I can on my initial runs.

I even have trouble doing strikes over and over just because it feels so unrewarding.

Pretty much me. Once the quests are complete it's really hard for me to go back to them, feels like a raw chores. Gonna be very hard for me to go back and farm gems, if I ever do. Just tryin to get as many as I can on my initial runs.

I even have trouble doing strikes over and over just because it feels so unrewarding.

Yeah same. They should make the card drops 100%, or at least 50%, on Z-Hard, considering you want at least 15 of them. It's just such a slog.

Damn the tournament this time around is gonna take a long time. I have to hunt down purple capsules like crazy.

I'm debating on spending my energy before the update period. Is it an auto bar refill after an update?

Wazzy

Banned
Hah. I did the 30 summon pull and thought it was going to be shit but I pulled Gogeta on it. I wasted so many stones last banner but get him first try on half pull lol

I don't think I plan to do many pulls now in this game since I have both Super Vegito and Gogeta.

lol Gotcha, apparently double Chilled Lead is the way to go.

I just have to get medals and so does everyone else since almost no one has Chilled UR at 15.

Durden77

Yeah same. They should make the card drops 100%, or at least 50%, on Z-Hard, considering you want at least 15 of them. It's just such a slog.

They really should. Slog is the right word for it. If you were going for 1 or two or even 5 that would be one thing, but 15 with those drops? Fuck that. Especially because it drains your stamina bar so quickly. I hate them. They are the worst.

Like fuck strikes man. I don't understand why people don't talk about how shitty they are more and how they are literally probably the absolute worst thing about this game besides the UI. Super strikes were a nice addition, but they also added some more slog, and strikes still suck really bad and need adjustments.

Say what you will about the Dokkan events with their high stamina cost and gajillion health bars, and they could use some changes too, but at least you're going to pump your fist into the air when you win because you know you've earned your reward after a long trek.

I'm not even fucking with strikes, except to get the stones or to burn some stamina before a level up, until everything else I can do is done and done. And when I get to that point to where I'm just putting all my stamina into strikes, I feel like I'm going to get bored of this game quickly.

Hah. I did the 30 summon pull and thought it was going to be shit but I pulled Gogeta on it. I wasted so many stones last banner but get him first try on half pull lol

I don't think I plan to do many pulls now in this game since I have both Super Vegito and Gogeta.

Ah I remember having this feeling after pulling Majin Vegeta while already having SV and Broly and around 300 stones in the bank.

*looks at 40 stones I have now with very scarce F2P stones left*

Good times. Good times....

Goddamnit. I hate how if you accidentally choose the wrong team you can't change it. LET US CHANGE IT IF WE DON'T MOVE I CRI

I know I should be paying attention but when my focus is switching between tv and the game I forget to check...

Edit: They need to seriously have a difference between passive stns and super stuns...have like a x1 or x2 symbol or something! Second time than General Blue didn't super stun, but passive stunned...

Maintenance time. Hope the missions are up after it comes back online. Need to grind stones really badly.

Need 130 to pull all those banners.

Edit: Update is up and so much to do!

Maintenance time. Hope the missions are up after it comes back online. Need to grind stones really badly.

Need 130 to pull all those banners.

Edit: Update is up and so much to do!
Yup. New chapter, Dragonballs are out, grand supreme Kai that gives you 2000hp per int orb collected, SSJ2 Angel Goku with Prepared for battle both in baba shop
Edit: and so many events omg

Damn they split the failed gotenks ss.
Need to do them 28x.
Still need to farm 4 skinny zzzz

I still have yet to grab Skinny and my Fattenks is under 10 SA.

Also the event finally came back when the last time was a tournament so that was shitty timing thats better now that the event will last 2 weeks.

Also Gogeta is starting to not cut it anymore in the later stages due to damage output. The enemy is killing the team hp before I can deal the damage back.

God leads from any Z hard missions at this point. At least hard can be used to train weaker members with a Gogeta lead like I've been doing.

MiTYH

Holy hell, there is so much content right now! Let's see if I can list everything I need to do:

- Farm 14 PHY Gotenks failures
- Farm 15 TEQ Gotenks failures
- Farm 14 PHY Gotenks medals
- Farm 14 TEQ Gotenks medals
- Get the new dragonballs
- Finish new storymode, at least on lowest difficulty
- Farm for greenstones for all the new characters

Geez look at all that. I actually never got the new wave of characters (STR Android 13, TEQ Bojack, AGL Coora, STR Android 18). Between those, the new Goku and Grand Supreme Kai, who's the best to focus on first? I imagine at the higher cost it'll be Goku, then maybe Coora?

Baba's SSJ2 Goku seems lit for a "free" card. Supreme damage, PfB, Ki+2 passive (what does "at start of turn" mean anyway? In first position only?). Grand Supreme Kai seems like shit though, not a single +ki link.

Too bad I only have 327 gems.

Also if anyone figures out how to get to the five-star Dragonball in that horrible maze level "An Unseen Enemy pt 2" please let me know

So my first natural SSR character in this game since I restarted a few months ago was AGL Kid Buu. I'm happy to say I have finally dokkan'd him and he's now my first TUR. Soooooooo happy about that milestone.

Now to do one of the 9000 other events going on now. I still have to do the World's Strongest.

Aiii

So not worth it
Baba's SSJ2 Goku seems lit for a "free" card. Supreme damage, PfB, Ki+2 passive (what does "at start of turn" mean anyway? In first position only?). Grand Supreme Kai seems like shit though, not a single +ki link.

Also if anyone figures out how to get to the five-star Dragonball in that horrible maze level "An Unseen Enemy pt 2" please let me know

Go to the top right.

From char POV: Turn Left, left, past the STOP char, turn right.

idonteven

So my first natural SSR character in this game since I restarted a few months ago was AGL Kid Buu. I'm happy to say I have finally dokkan'd him and he's now my first TUR. Soooooooo happy about that milestone.

Now to do one of the 9000 other events going on now. I still have to do the World's Strongest.

i got that kid buu in my vegito team

doing the new quests atm and i never need to use a single item because of his healing

i can see the new missions being hard for people without a vegito or broly tho

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Basically it just goes off every turn before you collect orbs.

It doesn't stack with itself

i got that kid buu in my vegito team

doing the new quests atm and i never need to use a single item because of his healing

i can see the new missions being hard for people without a vegito or broly tho

I do have SV, but I wasn't strong enough to Dokkan him. Didn't even get a single medal. I actually have a half decent pool of AGL characters if I were to do a mono team. AGL Ultimate Gohan and AGL SSG Goku also goes well with him I've found.

Durden77

Jesus when is the WT already? I mean there's so much to do right now it's probably good it's not here, but Christ.

Also the new awakening stages actually seem useful now. Yay!

Btw, for people who keep failkng to get Pan, you now get her for beating the stage x amount of times in missions and to make it better there's multiple missions; lowest is 10 clears, highest is 40 with increments of 5.

Goddamn. I hate when the number RNG is shit. Try to get the Dragonball on mysterious duo, not a single two from the start to where the stop is before Dragonball...

Damn so much events to do lol. First I have to get Tao to SA 15, farm to get both Gotenks to 15 and dokkan them, and also farm gems for PHY SSJ Goku >.<

denebj

Neo Member
What's your guys team for beatiung SkinTenk ?
I gor 14 medals for PhyTenk but even with double vegeto SkinTenk can be challenging :-/

commish

Holy hell, there is so much content right now! Let's see if I can list everything I need to do:

- Farm 14 PHY Gotenks failures
- Farm 15 TEQ Gotenks failures
- Farm 14 PHY Gotenks medals
- Farm 14 TEQ Gotenks medals
- Get the new dragonballs
- Finish new storymode, at least on lowest difficulty
- Farm for greenstones for all the new characters

Geez look at all that. I actually never got the new wave of characters (STR Android 13, TEQ Bojack, AGL Coora, STR Android 18). Between those, the new Goku and Grand Supreme Kai, who's the best to focus on first? I imagine at the higher cost it'll be Goku, then maybe Coora?

I really want that new Goku but ugh, I need 500+ more stones. Farming those gotenks + medals is gonna take a while as well.

What's your guys team for beatiung SkinTenk ?
I gor 14 medals for PhyTenk but even with double vegeto SkinTenk can be challenging :-/

INT team costs can be pretty low. The free UR Trunks is only 16 cost. Also you can nuke with Vegeta technically. Just have to get a BabyVegeta2 friend.

Durden77

Reposting this because I really need to know before training this SSR TEQ Beerus. Appreciate if anyone knows!

Does anyone know if I Dokkan awaken the SR TEQ Beerus if it will give the natural SSR TEQ Beerus a 100% super chance? I almost hope it doesn't because that means I have to farm a lot more medals.

Reposting this because I really need to know before training this SSR TEQ Beerus. Appreciate if anyone knows!

if you dokkan awaken SR TEQ Beerus, and then awaken him to UR, its 100% chance to raise SA, as long as you don't dokkan awaken the natural SSR TEQ Beerus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom