• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

Even though I didn't get SSBKK Goku I'm still gonna go for the medals since I got nothing else to do(do LR Androids need em too?) I'd do gem farming but it's so boring and tedious ughhhh. I'm 200gems from getting the 777goku is he worth it?

Also what team is good for the event? Should I use SV since the guy attacks like 5 times or should I be 100% TEQ?

I've been using mono AGL and even though I use all my items (senzu, dende, Icarus and Tree of Might) it is pretty safe, but super long. Only issues I have are the first fight (TEQ) and the last.

I don't have Godtenks so I don't want to waste 50 stamina trying to do it with Skinnytenks, but I assume a God TEQ team will have an easier time.

Even though I didn't get SSBKK Goku I'm still gonna go for the medals since I got nothing else to do(do LR Androids need em too?) I'd do gem farming but it's so boring and tedious ughhhh. I'm 200gems from getting the 777goku is he worth it?

Also what team is good for the event? Should I use SV since the guy attacks like 5 times or should I be 100% TEQ?
I go mono TEQ with Skinnytenks as a lead and Godtenks friend. If you have Paikuhan and/or Whis, they make it super easy. At the most, I use two senzus if I'm unlucky with supers. It's usually just one since SSBKK Goku ends up hitting me with the strength of single ply toilet paper.

donkey show said:
31746238136_c5379f9be2_z.jpg

Not even using King Yemma. SSBKK Goku's a chump, lol. This is actually the easiest Dokkan battle ever but it takes aaaaaaaages to finish in comparison to the others.

wotter

Did 2 multi-pulls, got:

SSR Str SSJ3 Goku (pulled one last week as well)
SSR Agl Bojack (new)
SSR Teq Vegeta (already had an awakend Teq Vegeta SA3)

SSR Agl SSGSS Goku (new) -> I can give him SA10 thanks to the 'free' Phy SSGSS Goku

First time I pulled 3 SSR with one summon...

Kitoro

This is the craziest coincidence, but seriously...

I started playing under 3 months ago, and I've only ever gotten two "Bye, Guys" from multi-pulls, and both were right after buying crystals.

During the SV banner, I did 15 multi-pulls and came out with no SV. I was 5 stones away from a 17th multi-pull, so I bought the 99 cent special, and boom. "Bye Guys" and SV.

This time, I did 9 multi-pulls and came out with complete trash. I was 5 away from a 10th multi, so I bought another 99 cent 5 stone pack, and boom, my second ever "Bye Guys."

This time, I sadly did not get SSBKK, but I did get 3 SSRs: AGL SS3 Goku, STR SS3 Vegeta, and INT Golden Frieza.

Still sad I didn't get SSBKK, but at least I have another new AGL to Dokkan now! Very happy I didn't get the other AGL SSB Goku, as he won't work in a party with SSBKK, right?

MiTYH

It's a strange world i live in where I'm contemplating this $16.99 DS deal, but am having a hard time buying the $9.99 Super Mario Run...

It's a strange world i live in where I'm contemplating this $16.99 DS deal, but am having a hard time buying the $9.99 Super Mario Run...

Yeah, microtransactions fuck me up on a psychological level. I've spent maybe $50 on this game since I started playing it back in March or so. I don't even know why I have such a strong desire for these units. Even after I pulled Super Vegito, I was like, "Well, he cost ____. Was it worth it? Probably not." I can't imagine paying and not pulling anything, which is something many, many people do. That deal is super tempting, though. Even if you're not chasing SSBKK, it's not a bad deal to stock up for something you really want. But I know if I buy them I would use them all on this banner.

Yeah, microtransactions fuck me up on a psychological level. I've spent maybe $50 on this game since I started playing it back in March or so. I don't even know why I have such a strong desire for these units. Even after I pulled Super Vegito, I was like, "Well, he cost ____. Was it worth it? Probably not." I can't imagine paying and not pulling anything, which is something many, many people do. That deal is super tempting, though. Even if you're not chasing SSBKK, it's not a bad deal to stock up for something you really want. But I know if I buy them I would use them all on this banner.

I have to fight this urge occasionally but I keep reminding myself that sooner or later they're gonna drop a unit that starts the change in meta again and I'm not going to pull it. I hate dropping hundreds of stones to come away with nothing I want like today, but when it's a full on meta change (gogeta/SV) then I'll happily move the account to a spare device and start fresh with a good re-roll. I know if I spend money I'll regret it down the line and it will make re-rolling harder too.

It's pretty amazing just how quick you can actually boost through this game despite being F2P. My Gogeta account had just broken 110 stam by the time SV released, and between then and now my current account has gone even further beyond that, in what feels like a shorter time frame. If only we could do equal value character trades, then I could get rid of all these spare champas for some of the cards I'm still missing from my old account like AGL SSJ3 Goku.

rsniper59

Neo Member
100 Stones, and I actually pulled SSBKK Goku! I have never pulled one of the upper "Z" tier characters before...extremely happy! Seems like using him with a SV friend is going to make for some excellent teams from here on out. Next on the agenda is leveling up his SA with these free PHY Gokus and building a team around him ASAP. Gonna need some more Zeni...

I've gotten an interesting batch of characters with this re-rolled account. Some really nice AGL SSR's (Ult. Gohan and Kid Buu), along with my STR SSR's (SSJ3 Goku, Fist of the Heavens SSGSS Goku), and a few nice supports. I may actually be able to tackle some tougher content soon!

Meneses

100 Stones, and I actually pulled SSBKK Goku! I have never pulled one of the upper "Z" tier characters before...extremely happy! Seems like using him with a SV friend is going to make for some excellent teams from here on out. Next on the agenda is leveling up his SA with these free PHY Gokus and building a team around him ASAP. Gonna need some more Zeni...

I've gotten an interesting batch of characters with this re-rolled account. Some really nice AGL SSR's (Ult. Gohan and Kid Buu), along with my STR SSR's (SSJ3 Goku, Fist of the Heavens SSGSS Goku), and a few nice supports. I may actually be able to tackle some tougher content soon!

Nice!

Most of the fun in this game comes from seeing your team slowly take shape and become easier and easier to tackle difficult content.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have to fight this urge occasionally but I keep reminding myself that sooner or later they're gonna drop a unit that starts the change in meta again and I'm not going to pull it. I hate dropping hundreds of stones to come away with nothing I want like today, but when it's a full on meta change (gogeta/SV) then I'll happily move the account to a spare device and start fresh with a good re-roll. I know if I spend money I'll regret it down the line and it will make re-rolling harder too.

It's pretty amazing just how quick you can actually boost through this game despite being F2P. My Gogeta account had just broken 110 stam by the time SV released, and between then and now my current account has gone even further beyond that, in what feels like a shorter time frame. If only we could do equal value character trades, then I could get rid of all these spare champas for some of the cards I'm still missing from my old account like AGL SSJ3 Goku.

That's one of the things I dislike about this game and what some other games (e.g., Naruto, OPTC) do a lot better. In those games, there are no OMFG uber units that completely outclass everything else. Dokkan seems to operate on the raw power type of design - just make new characters stronger! Where in OPTC, new characters tend to offer new strategic options but aren't necessarily better than a unit that was released 2 years ago.

I was happy to see that the new Rose didn't trounce the current gods. Hope this trend continues.

MisterMac

My vote goes to Godku. Always handy to boost that attack all super during WT and the card itself is handy to have. While it's nice to boost everyone, you don't need their supers to pick them off anyway due to the low hp. Well unless you're looking to max score as you go, then it may be more useful to bring Bardock but it's going to be a longer grind. Comes down to how you want to play the WT really.

The thing about Bardock is I have Broly on my team too so he will benefit from Bardock as well, whereas Godku only boosts Majin Vegeta albeit by more Ki.

TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta Lead
TEQ Majin Vegeta
STR Broly
TEQ SSJ2 Goku (+2 Ki to TEQ/STR)
INT SSJ Goku for orb changing
PHY SSJ Bardock

I think I will try this formation and snag an OiAF friend to further boost Majin Vegeta.

That's one of the things I dislike about this game and what some other games (e.g., Naruto, OPTC) do a lot better. In those games, there are no OMFG uber units that completely outclass everything else. Dokkan seems to operate on the raw power type of design - just make new characters stronger! Where in OPTC, new characters tend to offer new strategic options but aren't necessarily better than a unit that was released 2 years ago.

I was happy to see that the new Rose didn't trounce the current gods. Hope this trend continues.

But...this is a Dragonball Z game...

More to the point, that's the entire premise of DBZ to begin with. Scouters broke after the first arc of DBZ, the planet already exploded once or twice by the end, and now gods are exploding multiple planets without batting an eye. This is practically the natural progression of the game by extension.

Meneses

I'll just say that i'm really glad that sales like these do not happen very often or i'd probably spend way more money than I do.

On the other hand, i've never been tempted to spend a single cent on regular priced stones, it's just too much.

commish

But...this is a Dragonball Z game...

More to the point, that's the entire premise of DBZ to begin with. Scouters broke after the first arc of DBZ, the planet already exploded once or twice by the end, and now gods are exploding multiple planets without batting an eye. This is practically the natural progression of the game by extension.

Yeah, but you don't have to live with bad game design (well, it's not bad, it's just one style) simply because characters in the anime got stronger. Look at mobile Naruto. Genin Rock Lee is stronger than Jiraiya. Obviously in the manga/anime Jiraiya is far superior. But for the sake of game progression and being pro-user, Bandai didn't make new releases far superior.

Of course Naruto is relatively new - who knows what will happen down the road.

My point is that I hate game design that rotates around uber units. I say that as someone with multiple gods and Gogeta, so it's not sour grapes.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Man, y'all motherfuckers getting SSBKK got me so jealous - I spent about 130 stones pulling singles to get him and only got: STR SS3 Vegeta, the new SSR Hit, TEQ Future Gohan, and and the INT SSG Goku.

On the upside, I'm currently destroying the SSBKK event without having Godtenks as a Leader. Current team build is:

- TEQ Perfect Cell Leader
- TEQ SS3 Vegeta
- TEQ Vegito
- TEQ Pikkon } Keep these two paired together, their Supers both reduce ATK and with +6 Ki to start with because of Leader/Friend, they're pretty much always at max Ki for free anyway.
- TEQ Whis }
- TEQ Bardock
- TEQ Godtenks Friend

Saw this on the reddit. They just pasted SSJ3 Vegeta over Super Vegeto and didn't bother attempting to erase him in the banner art. XD
SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT WHEN I PULLED STR SS3 VEGETA, I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET SUPER VEGITO??!?

Picture_2_c.jpg

Yeah, but you don't have to live with bad game design (well, it's not bad, it's just one style) simply because characters in the anime got stronger. Look at mobile Naruto. Genin Rock Lee is stronger than Jiraiya. Obviously in the manga/anime Jiraiya is far superior. But for the sake of game progression and being pro-user, Bandai didn't make new releases far superior.

My point is that I hate game design that rotates around uber units. I say that as someone with multiple gods and Gogeta, so it's not sour grapes.

I suppose so. I only played Naruto for a week so I'm not too familiar with it. I just think if any series can get away with brute forcing stronger and stronger cards it's this one lol.

At least everything seems to be remaining stable on the dokkan front. As far as I can see there's no ultimate game changers coming up in the next few months.

In fairness, SV is literally invincible and deals a ton of damage as long as he doesn't eat a super. It's genuinely hard to envision any unit being more powerful.

Meanwhile PHY is a shitty meta that gets Broly, who... does 2 supers. Awesome.....

Durden77

Yay SSJ3 STR Goku finally dokkaned! Wasted a DS misjudging my rank bar for stamina whoch I'm kind pissed about, but whatever. Dude's been a long time coming.

I now have 2 fierce battle units, him and Beerus. Next time SV comes back around I can hopefully finally dokkan him.

Yay SSJ3 STR Goku finally dokkaned! Wasted a DS misjudging my rank bar for stamina whoch I'm kind pissed about, but whatever. Dude's been a long time coming.

I now have 2 fierce battle units, him and Beerus. Next time SV comes back around I can hopefully finally dokkan him.

That sounds really rough since SSJ3 Goku is STR and SV is AGL.

Kitoro

I agree 100%. My team is just silly. It's mostly comprised of a bunch of different forms and fusions of Goku and Vegeta, hahaha.

It'd be fun to be able to get some fun characters like Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha into the meta.

I've been using mono AGL and even though I use all my items (senzu, dende, Icarus and Tree of Might) it is pretty safe, but super long. Only issues I have are the first fight (TEQ) and the last.

I don't have Godtenks so I don't want to waste 50 stamina trying to do it with Skinnytenks, but I assume a God TEQ team will have an easier time.

I go mono TEQ with Skinnytenks as a lead and Godtenks friend. If you have Paikuhan and/or Whis, they make it super easy. At the most, I use two senzus if I'm unlucky with supers. It's usually just one since SSBKK Goku ends up hitting me with the strength of single ply toilet paper.
Hmm okay. I might still use SV because he eats attacks. I have decent enough TEQ so I might be fine. Thanks guys.
Kinda sorta, but he's a gap filler in mono PHY teams at best. There's no pressing need to have him imo.
Ah. I'll save it for when I got shit all to do.
Same here. Spend money on a free game for a chance to get a broken character? Okay! Spend money on a game that I only have to pay for once...Nah!

Ik that feel now. I spent too much to reroll. But tbh I don't think it can get more broken than SV unless they allow a unit to eat a super attack.
Man, y'all motherfuckers getting SSBKK got me so jealous - I spent about 130 stones pulling singles to get him and only got: STR SS3 Vegeta, the new SSR Hit, TEQ Future Gohan, and and the INT SSG Goku.

On the upside, I'm currently destroying the SSBKK event without having Godtenks as a Leader. Current team build is:

- TEQ Perfect Cell Leader
- TEQ SS3 Vegeta
- TEQ Vegito
- TEQ Pikkon } Keep these two paired together, their Supers both reduce ATK and with +6 Ki to start with because of Leader/Friend, they're pretty much always at max Ki for free anyway.
- TEQ Whis }
- TEQ Bardock
- TEQ Godtenks Friend

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT WHEN I PULLED STR SS3 VEGETA, I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET SUPER VEGITO??!?

Picture_2_c.jpg
Hmmm I got most of those guys so I might be fine! And LOL at the reaction. That genuinely made me laugh.

Btw SV be killing SSJ3 Goku with ease. Got the three I needed for LR without a single item use. Now onto SSJ3 Vegeta who if I'm not mistaken is STR? Rip that mofo.

nowarning

SS3 Vegeta is TEQ followed by STR, got the last of the medals I needed from that event earlier.

I'm melting SSBKK with my TEQ team, all of those SR Gotens I pulled finally came in handy

commish

I agree 100%. My team is just silly. It's mostly comprised of a bunch of different forms and fusions of Goku and Vegeta, hahaha.

It'd be fun to be able to get some fun characters like Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha into the meta.

I've yet to include any of those 3 on one of my teams. Just imagine if there's a point in time when someone cheers for pulling Krillin.

I've yet to include any of those 3 on one of my teams. Just imagine if there's a point in time when someone cheers for pulling Krillin.

I'd go for a Yamcha card laying KO'd on a baseball field, with an ability that allows him to survive any super with a single hp left, but as a counter point is left with 1hp regardless of what any attack hits him for. I might not ever use him, but damn it would be fitting.

MisterMac

I hope to hell I'm either very lucky or the New Years stuff has enough stuff in it for me to snag 62 stones so that with the Xmas stones I can summon twice on Buuhan and redeem my trash account.

Savitar

You mean I got the SSJ3 STR Vegeta because they replaced SV with it?

I'm cool with that.

I already had SV.

STR Vegeta I did not!

commish

I'd go for a Yamcha card laying KO'd on a baseball field, with an ability that allows him to survive any super with a single hp left, but as a counter point is left with 1hp regardless of what any attack hits him for. I might not ever use him, but damn it would be fitting.

I support this 100%.

Kitoro

I support this 100%.

With his Super Attack consisting of him getting the crap beaten out of him by his opponent, and knocked across the world, hitting the opponent in their backside with his body from the other side of the screen for immense damage!

That, or having a Saibaman attach to him, and detonating in front of his opponent, point blank.

Was heavily considering doing another multi so I did a single, basing my decision off of that. It was R Chi Chi so nah I'm staying away. I'll take my SS3 goku from my earlier multi and call it good.

Meneses

Love this art so much

This team made the event a joke. Pikkon + Whis makes it so Goku hits for like 2k max on a normal attack. though it's usually below 100

Yeah, that Goku art is great.

I have pretty much that same team except Pikkon, and my Gotenks isn-t dokkaned because I have no Kai medals :/

Might stick with my mono AGL team, can't risk wasting 50 stam.

SV is SA 10 thanks to elder Kai. Santa Roshi went to INT Ultimate Gohan. On the way to 10 SA for the good TURs.

Btw did a single pull and got INT Jaco. It was 5 pods and rainbow text with ssj goku, what a fucking troll. Fed to TEQ Jaco. Wish I got ssj3 Vegeta STR at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom