• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

Any idea how many total Xmas Medals can we get?
or how many more can we get?

I hope we can get at least 40 because those two Santa Roshis have to be mine lol.

edit: switched to TEQ for the event and it's generally safer although it takes maybe a little longer, and I used 1 or 2 fewer items.

Skinnytenks + Godtenks leads
Whis
Jackie Chun
Blocker Piccolo
Vegito
SS3 Vegeta

What god in hell made this SSB Dokkan event FOUR stages long?

I'm sure it's a breeze for Godtenks users, but with SV, it takes for.ev.er. And just when I thought I was done, nope, 4th stage. SV's counter was what I depended on doing the most damage, but in that last round it barely did 500 damage sometimes. 50-stamina lost because I just couldn't go against all his supers. But I really couldnt compete when he attack four spereate times (preemptive, then once every time after me). Couldn't block that well, it was annoying. Maybe I brought the wrong items (dende/senzu/usher/yenma), maybe my team just isn't good enough. Maybe I need to do a TEQ team with a Godtenks friend

Any assistance in teambuilding? Here's what I'm working with, AGL/TEQ listed. I also have Gogeta, Janemba, and PHY Gotenks for what that's worth. Assume anyone not at max level or awoken can be.
Scamco thinks everyone has Godtenks, SV and SSBKK so they make events catered to that.

I hate how these Dokkan events need so much STA! I need 17 Vegeta medals(10 for my SSJ3 7 for LR) that is 680 STA. Since I have 125 Sta is about 5.5 bars :(

MisterMac

Who can give me the 411 on some LR Goku questions?

First, how difficult is the fight that drops his first card? I have Chilled, King Vegeta, Cyborg Tao, Mecha Frieza, King Cold and Jackie Chun at SA15 and fully awakened. Are they enough to get his initial card?

Second, once I have that first card can I feed it the 9 UR One Piece Goku's I have saved up to get him to SA10? I have a real character space issue going on right now so I wanna get those slots opened up ASAP.

Lastly, if I don't get SSBKK is it worth sitting on those XMas SSB Gokus or should I just feed them to my TEQ SSB Goku?

Edit: oh and one more, is it not viable to nuke SSBKK Goku with double TEQ SSB Goku leads? I have a massive amount of ki change items

Kitoro

7516724727107398056%253Faccount_id%253D1

My AGL team is coming along quite nicely. If Only my 500 stones could've netted me an SSBKK Goku to replace Gogeta, I'd be pretty well-off...

Someone told me I should replace Super Gogeta with any AGL, but all I have otherwise is the free AGL Whis, and I think that Super Gogeta is a much better asset to the group, as he does much more damage.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Super Gogeta's passive gives +7000 Attack to everyone each turn he's in, right? Does it also make everyone's attacks type effective, or just his? Also, he links very well with dual Super Vegito. All that amounts to much more than having any old AGL getting the 140% stat boost, no?

Lastly, I'm so tempted to drop $16.99 on the Dragon Stone sale.. but if I don't get SSBKK Goku from those two multis, I'll just feel very soured towards the game, as I've gotten this far only having dropped $1.98 moreso as a tip to the devs. Someone talk me in or out of this, please!

Lastly, I'm so tempted to drop $16.99 on the Dragon Stone sale.. but if I don't get SSBKK Goku from those two multis, I'll just feel very soured towards the game, as I've gotten this far only having dropped $1.98 moreso as a tip to the devs. Someone talk me in or out of this, please!

I will talk you out of it. Use that credit to buy Roller Coaster Tycoon for your phone instead.

Don't do it. You're already 500 stones in the hole and the odds are still against you.

The way I do it, I don't buy stones to spend immediately (and I only buy on sale). I pull first, and if I'm happy about the pull, I may buy some stones on sale for the next banner. But I spent hundreds of (mostly free) stones on the SV banner and didn't get him. Remember that reddit user who spent like 4000 bucks and didn't get SV? Yeah. Spending money hoping for a specific pull is a losing game. You may get lucky once and then next time you'll think "it could happen again" and before you know it, you've blown your life savings and you're eating a half-rotten banana out of a garbage can, and you STILL don't have Godtenks. Okay that's a little dramatic but you know what I'm getting at.

MisterMac

My AGL team is coming along quite nicely. If Only my 500 stones could've netted me an SSBKK Goku to replace Gogeta, I'd be pretty well-off...

Someone told me I should replace Super Gogeta with any AGL, but all I have otherwise is the free AGL Whis, and I think that Super Gogeta is a much better asset to the group, as he does much more damage.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Super Gogeta's passive gives +7000 Attack to everyone each turn he's in, right? Does it also make everyone's attacks type effective, or just his? Also, he links very well with dual Super Vegito. All that amounts to much more than having any old AGL getting the 140% stat boost, no?

I would run the Whis myself, in fact I do at SA10 on my SV team. He links with SV and Ult Gohan, stuns, starts with +6 Ki and 140% to all stats and his Senzu item isn't half bad. Sure Gogeta links with SV and SSJ3 Goku sure but to benefit from that you would need to run Gogeta next to SV and put SSJ3 in the third slot and burn through his passive buff without him being out. Or keep SSJ3 Goku on a separate turn where he cannot benefit from Gogeta's links. You could also snag the Baba shop Goku. He has Prepared for Battle and a +2 Ki passive and gets a dokkan awakening later on

As for buying stones, just remember you are literally going to the slot machines.

Meneses

In the grand scheme of things, $16.99 isn't that "much" (depending on each person's situation, of course. Not long ago it would have been too much for me), so if you're feeling tempted and can afford it, it's better to do it this time than on one of the $30 discounts.

But if you're depriving yourself of other things, or going in expecting those pulls to "save" your love for the game, then I wouldn't recommend it. The chance of getting jack shit is pretty high and you'd be even more frustrated.

So I'm feeling a bit less disappointed in my STR SSJ3 Vegeta pull after awakening him again since I had him on my last account too. I totally forgot he can stun, which would explain why between him and SSJ Gotenks on that old account I only rarely got hit. He should prove useful for the occasional Dokkan I guess for that stun + defense boost even if he doesn't have much of a place outside of that.

It's actually a bit annoying having a god lead since it makes almost everything else useless to you unless you can get a lead for their type too.

MisterMac

So I'm feeling a bit less disappointed in my STR SSJ3 Vegeta pull after awakening him again since I had him on my last account too. I totally forgot he can stun, which would explain why between him and SSJ Gotenks on that old account I only rarely got hit. He should prove useful for the occasional Dokkan I guess for that stun + defense boost even if he doesn't have much of a place outside of that.

It's actually a bit annoying having a god lead since it makes almost everything else useless to you unless you can get a lead for their type too.

This is why if I don't pull Buuhan I am not spending a single stone til SSB Vegito. My Super Vegito will still be fantastic with him and I can run a lot of the high tier rainbow characters I've got like SSJ3 Vegeta.

If I do pull Buuhan you'll find me selling myself on Snake Way for stones to pull that Spirit Sword Super God Trunks even though the ending to his arc on Super was perhaps the worst in dragon Ball history

Man I kinda don't want to pull Buuhan because my INT deck is straight trash, outside of Vegito and Godku. My only other Int SSR is SSJ Gohan from Cell saga but I haven't even dokkaned him yet because the villains-only event sucks. Might save my stones for whatever banner will next have SV or Godtenks or Omega on it.

SnakeEyes

Banned
What god in hell made this SSB Dokkan event FOUR stages long?

I'm sure it's a breeze for Godtenks users....
It's a breeze, even with just Godtenks as a friend.

Use this build:
- TEQ Perfect Cell LEADER
- TEQ SSB Goku
- TEQ SS3 Vegeta
- TEQ Whis (reduce ATK on Super)
- TEQ Jackie Chun (seal Super on Super)
- TEQ SS Goten (but make sure to awaken him to SSR)
- TEQ Godtenks FRIEND

Try that with Senzu, Dende, Enma, and Ghost Usher items. And also aim for all the Ki tiles on the board.

I'll be saving for this. Has SV and Gotenks on it and is another 3multi get 1 free dealy

I'm probably going to do the same. I don't actually want the standard SV since I have him but I'd take SSB SV. To be honest it's SSBKK on that banner that I want, his passive would do ridiculous things for my mono AGL. I'm just going to keep burning my stones on singles until the banner ends and then start saving again.

Kitoro

I'm probably going to do the same. I don't actually want the standard SV since I have him but I'd take SSB SV. To be honest it's SSBKK on that banner that I want, his passive would do ridiculous things for my mono AGL. I'm just going to keep burning my stones on singles until the banner ends and then start saving again.

Isn't it better to save for multi's on this banner since it guarantees at least one SR? I figured that one guaranteed SR has a higher chance of actually being an SSR?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll be saving for this. Has SV and Gotenks on it and is another 3multi get 1 free dealy

There is no guarantee on either of those claims. The banner content will probably change. The 1 free might not make it either.

But saving up for him or Black Rose is definitely what you should do, unless you can't wait until March, that is.

Wow SV completely breaks the SSJ3 Goku fight. Beat it with no items used and only 43 hp lost.

Isn't it better to save for multi's on this banner since it guarantees at least one SR? I figured that one guaranteed SR has a higher chance of actually being an SSR?

Probably. My luck with single pulls is awful as well but I've got no content left to beat for stones so I doubt I could have reached another multi.

Kitoro

Wow SV completely breaks the SSJ3 Goku fight. Beat it with no items used and only 43 hp lost.

Probably. My luck with single pulls is awful as well but I've got no content left to beat for stones so I doubt I could have reached another multi.

Remember! We've got 30 stones coming our way in 2 days!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There is no guarantee on either of those claims. The banner content will probably change. The 1 free might not make it either.

But saving up for him or Black Rose is definitely what you should do, unless you can't wait until March, that is.

They've been good about keeping the big double banners like Gogeta and Super Vegetto the exact same thus far.

And that's all three done! Will try to at least get this guy up to SA 5. Gonna try to get that last Elder Kai from the GT treasure pool before the event ends tonight and stock up on some LR Android medals.

31438918910_46679cc652_z.jpg

I've got a taste of the goodness with SSBKK as my lead and a friend SV. While I don't have SV, SSBKK's leader skill makes up for it minus the +3 ki. One super in the 500k range without much ends things so quickly. It's even better against SSJ3 Vegeta. :D

I currently have him as my lead if anyone wants to give it a go.

Right? I've been orgasming over it since it launched. The SSJ3 Vegeta is also ridiculously easy.

Remember! We've got 30 stones coming our way in 2 days!

Oh nice! I'm gonna stockpile what I can then and see if I can hit 50. If not I'll probably just burn them on singles just before the banner ends.

I've got a taste of the goodness with SSBKK as my lead and a friend SV. While I don't have SV, SSBKK's leader skill makes up for it minus the +3 ki. One super in the 500k range without much ends things so quickly. It's even better against SSJ3 Vegeta. :D

I currently have him as my lead if anyone wants to give it a go.

Yeah those SSJ3 Vegeta medals were real easy to get. To be honest if I wasn't hoping to work towards strike characters when I have the spare stamina I'd probably start farming medals for the LR androids already.

Right? I've been orgasming over it since it launched. The SSJ3 Vegeta is also ridiculously easy.

It's borderline obscene. I felt dirty when I saw my hp. It softens the blow of not having SSBKK knowing my deck is still way OP, but damn I can't help but wonder how much worse that could be with him in the mix too.

Pulled SSGKK goku 1st pull, is he only good for all agility teams?

He has a place in all teams because of his links. OIAF, SS and PFB. Just remember he does damage to your hp per round at 5% and only lasts 10 turns.

I took SSBKK out for a spin thanks to a friend, jesus the damage output with that 30% AGL attack buff item is insane!!! I thought my SSJ3 Goku AGL was godly but damn!

I remember watching the anime and getting so hype that I couldn't wait for SSBKK. So despite saying I wasn't going to pull anymore I said bun it, I'll use all my stones for him. Did a multi today at work and the first card that jumped up was the god. All you have to do is believe guys. BELIEVE!!!!!

I remember watching the anime and getting so hype that I couldn't wait for SSBKK. So despite saying I wasn't going to pull anymore I said bun it, I'll use all my stones for him. Did a multi today at work and the first card that jumped up was the god. All you have to do is believe guys. BELIEVE!!!!!

delete this filth

Meneses

Holy shit i'm really dumb, all this time I thought TEQ Whis also stunned on Super besides the passive lol

I kept thinking "is this guy bugged? I only ever get the one-round passive stun".

All this talk of a first pull of SSBKK is making me want to spend what I have on singles again. Shhhh! I'm supposed to be saving for 50 now.

I double singled and got a Zarbon & SR TEQ Cell Perfect form. NOT EVEN SSR FUCK U BANFSUAHF

FWIW I spent about 35 stones on singles over time after I cashed out 450 on multis. All of them were R with a single SR. I swear if I pull another Champa on my last multi of the banner I'm going to end up dropping this game for a few weeks. I don't even know why they put such an awful card as a feature of the banner.

Ashodin

it was literally the first card of my second multi. Was insane

Singles never work out for me. Done a decent amount of them, never pulled an SSR on a single, even on that double rates Turles banner (I only did 6-7 singles on that but still)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Who can give me the 411 on some LR Goku questions?

First, how difficult is the fight that drops his first card? I have Chilled, King Vegeta, Cyborg Tao, Mecha Frieza, King Cold and Jackie Chun at SA15 and fully awakened. Are they enough to get his initial card?

Second, once I have that first card can I feed it the 9 UR One Piece Goku's I have saved up to get him to SA10? I have a real character space issue going on right now so I wanna get those slots opened up ASAP.

Lastly, if I don't get SSBKK is it worth sitting on those XMas SSB Gokus or should I just feed them to my TEQ SSB Goku?

Edit: oh and one more, is it not viable to nuke SSBKK Goku with double TEQ SSB Goku leads? I have a massive amount of ki change items

The first fight is really easy and you should have no problem.

Yes you should use those for LR Goku.

That's what I'm using the SSBs for, my AGL SSB is already at 10 and I have no plans on pulling for SSBKK

You can but you'd need to bring some cards that orb change with passives probably. It's a 4 stage fight that runs long and he hits hard so you'd probably need to dedicate a few items to survival. I think it has been done with SSB TEQ leads before but not the traditional single big nuke

Lagamorph

Blew 70 stones on the banner because I really wanted the SSB Goku, but didn't get him.
Got Champa from a single pull so...not a total loss I guess. Still disappointed though.

Kitoro

Eh.. Dropped the $16.99 and did 2 multi pulls. Got STR SS3 Goku, AGL SS3 Goku, and TEQ SSB Goku, all dupes, haha.

Oh well. I don't feel terrible. This is fine... One more multi coming up with the 30 stones in 2 days!

Blew 70 stones on the banner because I really wanted the SSB Goku, but didn't get him.
Got Champa from a single pull so...not a total loss I guess. Still disappointed though.

You're saying that now, but once you read his links you may think otherwise. I have 4 of the guy and some poor soul on Reddit pulled 8 of him. He's more of a troll than a consolation prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom