• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTYH

Might stick with my mono AGL team, can't risk wasting 50 stam.

Let me know how that goes. I'm still farming the SSJ3 Goku medals, but I'll be done tonight. I can only do AGL with SV and SSBKK and co. I beat 40 stamina easy enough, I'm hoping for an easy, but long, 50 stamina

Meneses

Let me know how that goes. I'm still farming the SSJ3 Goku medals, but I'll be done tonight. I can only do AGL with SV and SSBKK and co. I beat 40 stamina easy enough, I'm hoping for an easy, but long, 50 stamina

It's going well so far, even though it takes forever and I used up all my items 4 times. But I have now put in Great Saiyaman to lower ATK and I only used a couple.

I'm going with SV + SV Friend
Murasaki
SSB Goku (old one, not the KK)
SSJ3 Goku
Ult Gohan
Saiyaman (before, I used normal goku Kaioken)

Items: Senzu, Dende, Icarus, Fruit of Tree of Might.

edit: the first fight gives me some trouble if I can't Seal, but the next two are trivial. Then the final one against SSBKK is long but not too bad if you can take some punishment.

SV works well thanks to all the attacks Ssb does at one time. You'll end up using items to recover more than a teq team would especially vs base goku who is teq.

Skii

Love this art so much

One of the rare occasions they get the dokkan art right. SSBKK's arts should be switched. Almost all the time it's significantly worse than the pre-dokkan version with it's stupid zoomed in action poses. The farmable SSJ2 blue(?) Trunks that Japan just got has one of the best dokkan arts. That should've been the gacha Trunks' dokkan art. They constantly drop the ball with this lol.

Durden77

That sounds really rough since SSJ3 Goku is STR and SV is AGL.

Oh yeah.....true.....if Gohan comes back before SV I'll be in good shape though. Got AGL Gohan. That's my only other fierce battle dude though.

Edit : Actually I have PHY Broly too, but I don't see myself awakening him anytime soon.

LNBL

What pisses me off is that I bought DS did two multis and got shit all. Then these DS allowed me a third pull shi all. Not a single SSR in three pulls...

edit: At least they were nice enough to give us an Elder kai and a Santa Roshie(which does the same thing)

So tempted to buy the 17€ deal on the stones, but fuck it. Did 2 multis and got nothing either. There seem to be a lot of free stones heading our way in the next weeks with missions etc.

Finally got SV up to MAX sa thanks to roshi

30953233804_6c187ebabf_z.jpg

Two down, one to go! I think my AGL team is relatively decent now even without a non super strike +3 ki leader, lol. It'll be nice to easily mow down some of the older Dokkan events with an SV friend. :D

31757219746_05bd815f08_z.jpg

One of the rare occasions they get the dokkan art right. SSBKK's arts should be switched. Almost all the time it's significantly worse than the pre-dokkan version with it's stupid zoomed in action poses. The farmable SSJ2 blue(?) Trunks that Japan just got has one of the best dokkan arts. That should've been the gacha Trunks' dokkan art. They constantly drop the ball with this lol.

Yeah, I get why they did SSBKK's post dokkan art since it's a variation his first attack after going KKx10:

31677832831_6b4ed7d5ed_z.jpg

I'd rather they went with the Kamehameha pose though. It's tough topping the base card art though. The only better art post Dokkan currently in GBL would be AGL SSJ3 Goku's.

A Pretty Panda said:
his team made the event a joke. Pikkon + Whis makes it so Goku hits for like 2k max on a normal attack. though it's usually below 100

Yup, that combo is amazing for the event. I can even get the attack down to double digits for several charges. I just had Bardock for sealing/orbs instead of Gotenks and WT Gohan instead of the freebie UR Goku since he hits hard enough, links with Pikkon/Whis, and the occasional stuns are always welcome.

31793174555_b1007be3b2_z.jpg

Lol Donkeyshow we have the same exact team except I have future Gohan instead of Whis. Friend gotenks gets his 11 ki more often with future Gohan next to him.

Future Gohan also hits for 150k after 4 supers so thats awesome vs ssbkk.

Durden77

You don't have other Fierce battle units? It's not like you need to them desperately.

I forgot I have PHY Broly too, but I feel like he's gonna be harder than SV.

And I thought Fierce Battle was like a necessity to beating SV?

Also what's so good about Pikkon+Whis? I have them both so I'd like to know.

It is but technically you only need two. Just borrow a friend SV and pair him up with your linked character for the duration of the fight. The specials and counters will put an end to him fast enough. I beat him using a Gogeta + unawakaned SV combo about 5 days into a reroll so he's not as much of a threat as he may appear.

Pikkon lowers attack greatly and Whis lowers attacks. Whis also stuns and they both link well with Shocking Speed.

Fierce battle makes the battle easier and shorter. A SV friend is usually enough, just be careful of the first few battles.

LNBL

Two down, one to go! I think my AGL team is relatively decent now even without a non super strike +3 ki leader, lol. It'll be nice to easily mow down some of the older Dokkan events with an SV friend. :D

Does the Frieza get any reasonable amount of Ki in this team? Thinking of putting him in my AGL mono as well

I love that SV makes SSJ3 Goku & Vegeta his bitch. I spent a lot to get SV and don't regret it.

Haha it's great isn't it

Durden77

It is but technically you only need two. Just borrow a friend SV and pair him up with your linked character for the duration of the fight. The specials and counters will put an end to him fast enough. I beat him using a Gogeta + unawakaned SV combo about 5 days into a reroll so he's not as much of a threat as he may appear.

Wait, if you have a friend that has fierce battle that's enough? FUCK. I could have used Dokkaned Gogeta friends with my undokkaned SV but I thought I had to have at least 1 TUR Fierce battle character for the link to work. Could have dokkaned him a while ago.

Oh well, great tips for getting prepared for him. Nice to know he's not absurd and one group of two is enough to take him down.

Pikkon lowers attack greatly and Whis lowers attacks. Whis also stuns and they both link well with Shocking Speed.

Fierce battle makes the battle easier and shorter. A SV friend is usually enough, just be careful of the first few battles.

I see. Didn't know their attack lowering capabilities were so effective. Very cool to know.

Wait, if you have a friend that's has fierce battle that's enough? FUCK. I could have used Dokkaned Gogeta friends with my undokkaned SV but I thought I had to have at least 1 TUR Fierce battle character for the link to work. Could have dokkaned him a while ago.

Oh well, great tips for getting prepared for him. Nice to know he's not absurd on one group of two is enough to take hin down.

I see. Didn't know their attack lowering capabilities were so effective. Very cool to know.

It's not, I worded that poorly, I was using a TUR friend SV but had TUR Gogeta and unawakened SV on my team too. The rest were fodder though so he's not going to pose a good team much of a threat with the right items.

I think I tried this once, got killed before I even got to the final phase of the fight, and gave up. Next time I'll give it another go and at least Dokkan my two regular Vegitos since I don't have SV (yet!). Ultimate Gohan AGL should be dokkaned by then too, hopefully. And I'll have SS3 Goku.

Yeah phase two can be quite dangerous compared to some other Dokkans. His special can still hit very hard. Pretty sure I lost a run or two there. You admittidly need a bit of luck, or my team at the time did because he was capable of taking me to 0 health if his attacks lined up in a specific manner. As long as you can get the counters and get right use out of defense items or ghosts it's possible with just a couple strong units and trash units.

Oh take a super sealer if you can as that will allow your SV units to tear him apart with counters.

I think I tried this once, got killed before I even got to the final phase of the fight, and gave up. Next time I'll give it another go and at least Dokkan my two regular Vegitos since I don't have SV (yet!). Ultimate Gohan AGL should be dokkaned by then too, hopefully. And I'll have SS3 Goku.

So tempted to buy the 17€ deal on the stones, but fuck it. Did 2 multis and got nothing either. There seem to be a lot of free stones heading our way in the next weeks with missions etc.

Finally got SV up to MAX sa thanks to roshi

Does the Frieza get any reasonable amount of Ki in this team? Thinking of putting him in my AGL mono as well

Haha it's great isn't it

Don't bother, I got that and got shit characters. And yeah man, makes easy work of it. Such easy work, no items needed.

30953233804_6c187ebabf_z.jpg

Yeah, I get why they did SSBKK's post dokkan art since it's a variation his first attack after going KKx10:

31677832831_6b4ed7d5ed_z.jpg

I'd rather they went with the Kamehameha pose though. It's tough topping the base card art though. The only better art post Dokkan currently in GBL would be AGL SSJ3 Goku's.

Yup, that combo is amazing for the event. I can even get the attack down to double digits for several charges. I just had Bardock for sealing/orbs instead of Gotenks and WT Gohan instead of the freebie UR Goku since he hits hard enough, links with Pikkon/Whis, and the occasional stuns are always welcome.

31793174555_b1007be3b2_z.jpg

After I finish getting enough Vegeta medals to DA my SSJ3 and the 7 needed for LR Androids ima move onto this mofo. Despite not having SSBKK I do have AGL SSB and his medals are needed for LR too I think.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Pikkon lowers attack greatly on super and Whis lowers attack normal amount on super. They also link with each other for 4 ki, with Pikkon getting ki from his passive they both basically super automatically. When they both super the enemy does like no damage outside of supers

I took the wrong team to the Super fight so rip 50 energy. Worst feeling in the world. They should give back half your energy if you quit the stage. ;_;

Nope. Just there to tank. Could switch out with Shocking Speed units or ki batteries/changers if needed.
Maxed with kais?
Or do you get more coins for higher WT ranks?
Still need 2 more PHY SSB to get that last 2 skill up for ny KK. :(
All PHY Gokus except and one AGL SSB.

linkent

Nope. Just there to tank. Could switch out with Shocking Speed units or ki batteries/changers if needed.

All PHY Gokus except and one AGL SSB.
Damn top 5k got addional 20medals while
Too 2.5k 70medals!

Should have grind a little bit more.
That is technically 1-3 additional Kai.

Aiii

So not worth it
Boku wa baka desu...

I have like 5 Arale's, so naturally I start a WT run picking the AOE one. Except I didn't, it's supposed to be the STR one and I took the useless PHY one, ffs, I'm such an idiot.

Anyways, for those doing the JPN WT, here's a reminder on the rewards (I think this still applies):
New reward tiers based on win streaks and points. Number of wins no longer matters after 20. Will update.
2 Wins in a row: Dragon Stone x1.
3 Wins in a row: Turtle Medal x5
4 Wins in a row: Bulma Medal x5
5 Wins in a row: Silver GSSR Ticket x2
6 Wins in a row: Gold Dragon Ball Ticket x1
7 Wins in a row: Dragon Stone x2
8 Wins in a row: Gold Dragon Ball Ticket x1
9 Wins in a row: Gold Dragon Ball Ticket x1
10 Wins in a row: Silver GSSR Ticket x1
15 Wins in a row: Dragon Stone x5
20 Wins in a row: Silver GSSR Ticket x3
10,000 points: Dragon Stone x1
50,000 points: Dragon Stone x1
100,000 points: Senzu Bean x2
250,000 points: Turtle Medal x2
500,000 points: Senzu Bean x3
1 mil points: Silver GSSR Ticket x1
1.5 mil points: Bulma Medal x2
2 mil points: Gold Dragon Ball Ticket x1
2.5 mil points: Silver GSSR Ticket x2
3 mil points: Gold Dragon Ball Ticket x1
4 mil points: Dragon Stone x3
5 mil points: Silver GSSR Ticket x3
6 mil points: Gold Dragon Ball Ticket x1
7 mil points: Gold Dragon Ball Ticket x1
8 mil points: Supreme Kai Medal x1
9 mil points: Elder Kai Medal x1
10 mil points: Gold GSSR Ticket
15 mil points: Dragon Stone x5
20 mil points: Dragon Stone x5
Grand total in terms of SSRs: 12 Silver GSSR + 1 Gold GSSR = 3 GSSR. Top 10k gets you another golden, so 4 GSSR total.

MiTYH

What god in hell made this SSB Dokkan event FOUR stages long?

I'm sure it's a breeze for Godtenks users, but with SV, it takes for.ev.er. And just when I thought I was done, nope, 4th stage. SV's counter was what I depended on doing the most damage, but in that last round it barely did 500 damage sometimes. 50-stamina lost because I just couldn't go against all his supers. But I really couldnt compete when he attack four spereate times (preemptive, then once every time after me). Couldn't block that well, it was annoying. Maybe I brought the wrong items (dende/senzu/usher/yenma), maybe my team just isn't good enough. Maybe I need to do a TEQ team with a Godtenks friend

Any assistance in teambuilding? Here's what I'm working with, AGL/TEQ listed. I also have Gogeta, Janemba, and PHY Gotenks for what that's worth. Assume anyone not at max level or awoken can be.

Meneses

I'm sure it's a breeze for Godtenks users, but with SV, it takes for.ev.er. And just when I thought I was done, nope, 4th stage. SV's counter was what I depended on doing the most damage, but in that last round it barely did 500 damage sometimes. 50-stamina lost because I just couldn't go against all his supers. But I really couldnt compete when he attack four spereate times (preemptive, then once every time after me). Couldn't block that well, it was annoying. Maybe I brought the wrong items (dende/senzu/usher/yenma), maybe my team just isn't good enough. Maybe I need to do a TEQ team with a Godtenks friend

Any assistance in teambuilding? Here's what I'm working with, AGL/TEQ listed. I also have Gogeta, Janemba, and PHY Gotenks for what that's worth. Assume anyone not at max level or awoken can be.

You could basically do an AGL team similar to mine.

Use Super Vegito + SV friend, keep them in separate turns to block.
Murasaki to seal supers, he's my MVP.
Great Saiyaman to reduce attack
Then just fill it with your hardest hitters (I have SSB and SS3 Goku + UltGohan).

On the last phase i think you need to hit him with supers to make any real damage so high Ki is a must. And Vegito turns more into a defensive guy to just block instead of relying on counters.

My items are Senzu, Dende, Icarus (2 turns at 35% reduction instead of Yemma's 1 turn 50%, but this might be interchangeable), and Fruit of the Tree of Might (gives +3 ki for 3 turns - you could probably bring Usher if you want to play it safe).

It takes a long time, for sure, but I haven't failed yet.

If you can Dokkan Skinnytenks there are a few TEQ team examples on the previous pages.

SSBKK Goku's max SA damage is so dumb. Love it. xD

Lol Donkeyshow we have the same exact team except I have future Gohan instead of Whis. Friend gotenks gets his 11 ki more often with future Gohan next to him.

Future Gohan also hits for 150k after 4 supers so thats awesome vs ssbkk.

Nice! It's like when we used AGL KK Goku during the Broly dokkan way back when as he'd eventually throw out ridiculous damage due to all the stacking.

Hmmm, I've seen people run mono TEQ Cell leads on reddit to beat him. From what you have if you want to do a TEQ team...

Cell lead (damage dealer)
SSJ3 Vegeta (damage dealer, might have to rotate regularly)
SSB Goku (orb changer, best dokkan him sooner for that ATK buff passive as well)
Whis (Dropping enemy ATK)
Jackie (seal the supers)
Probably Videl as she drops AGL ATK by 25% via passive or the GT Goku for more damage dealing.

Can you dokkan Videl to Great Saiyaman 2 (defense drop) and can you dokkan Skinnytenks to Super Strike? Or even the Goten into the Gotenks for orb changing too? Hell, even Mighty Mask as he's a defense dropper as well?

The biggest problem this team will have is the first stage on top of not really having any links. If you were able to dokkan Skinnytenks and Goten Gotenks, you'd stand a much better chance at rocking mono TEQ. Whis is simply key due to enemy ATK dropping and the occasional stun. Videl (Great Saiyaman 2 version if possible) would fill the Pikkon spot that also drops a decent amount of enemy DEF with her super and enemy ATK with her passive.

yogloo

It's doable with free cards.
Lead skinny gotenks
Bunny bulma/jacky chun/mutaito
Yamcha
Beginner piccolo
Your best teq Cards to fill the rest of the spot
Friend gotenks

You are making your life unnecessarily hard with agl team.

That Skinnytenks not being UR is gonna hurt your team building efforts. He has +3ki and then 20% boost to hp, attack and defense to TEQ. Add a Gotenks SSJ3 friend and its a breeze.

By the time you hit SSB Goku who is before SSBKK, you'll be able to Dokkan attack which also recovers your hp.

God I wish Future Gohan kept the attack buff into rounds. Its lame they make you start over per round.

Did an impulse multipull. Got the same SS3 AGI Goku I got last time, should I save him for dupe system or power up SA? Also got STR SS3 Goku (GT), seems alright. Got both SR Frost cards and a bunch of other SRs. If every multipull had this many SSRs and SRs I'd be more inclined to spend money on stones but this might be the first time I ever got multiple SSRs on a single multi.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That banner gets you 2 Santa Roshis at the very least.

Took me 8+ tries to realize this but going for the ki path sucks with this team. Everyone I want has enough ki and I really don't want Gotenks to get any.

Well I'm up to 3 TURs now:
AGL Kid Buu
INT Turles
STR SSJ3 Goku

What I would give for a solid TEQ character. It's a massive hole on my team. I have AGLs out the wazoo (which is nice for the mono team), but at this rate I'll never be able to dokkan SV when it comes back.

Wow STR SSJ3 GT Goku links amazingly well with Gogeta, he'll be awesome on a mono STR team if I ever get Omega. Guess I'm not too upset about that pull.

e: maxed my Gogeta's SA too thanks to the two Santa Roshis in the shop, didn't even know about those. Glad I didn't spend my Xmas coins yet! My boy hits like a truck now and I'm so proud of him

rsniper59

Neo Member
Never went and grinded out the Hercule badges needed for the Elder Kai prize, so I've been grinding the final GT event stage for that since last night. Not riveting stuff, but the guaranteed Silver Hercule and other really nice stage rewards, along with a battle that's at least remotely difficult, makes it much easier to sit through.

Should have my SSBKK up to SA 10 soon after pumping up a few of the PHY SSR Gokus to UR for the 100% chance, then I can actually go Z-Awaken him.

My TEQ team is horrible so I'm not even going to bother with the current Dokkan event. Was thinking I could give Surpassing All a shot though, to try and get the medals to awaken my STR SSJ3 Goku. We'll see how that goes...

MiTYH

Thanks to everyone for the TEQ teams ideas. Don't have Skinnytenks Medals sadly, but I've got a lot of others (Videl--> Saiyaman 2, etc). I'm gonna put something together now and give it another stab. Probably this:

Godtenks friend
Skinnytenks lead (for links over Cell)
Beginner Piccolo (for def)
Jacky Chun (for sealing)
Saiyaman 2 (for lowering def and passive)
SSB Godku (for ability and hard hitting)
Whis (for stunning and lowering attack)

Godku may be a mistake, but we'll see! If anything this has drastically improved my TEQ game. I only tend to level/awaken when needed (hence Saiyaman2 now being at SA5, I was waiting with the medal but enh, I can always farm them again)

rsniper59

Neo Member
Holy crap! I actually beat the Surpassing All fight in my first go, and I didn't even get my Gogeta friend's SA to activate once. SSBKK Goku + Fist of the Heavens Goku is just a Ki generating monster.

Of course, then I looked at the requirements for Dokkan Awakening my SSJ3 STR Goku and saw you need 10 of these. But still! I've never once beaten one of these difficult DA medal fights, so getting through this one without an even close to ideal setup made me happy! These super leads really make all the difference in the world.

Holy crap! I actually beat the Surpassing All fight in my first go, and I didn't even get my Gogeta friend's SA to activate once. SSBKK Goku + Fist of the Heavens Goku is just a Ki generating monster.

Of course, then I looked at the requirements for Dokkan Awakening my SSJ3 STR Goku and saw you need 10 of these. But still! I've never once beaten one of these difficult DA medal fights, so getting through this one without an even close to ideal setup made me happy! These super leads really make all the difference in the world.

They do, and this is one of the older Dokkan events I believe, so the power creep has made it very easy. You could easily do it with a dual Gogeta setup too if you filled the rest in with TEQ units. I use this team of remedials and beat it easily.

GoC9g7N.png

Durden77

Crap. I though AOE Xeno Trunk's SA could be farmed with the STR strike Trunks but I forgot about that Xeno Trunks strike mission and realized this won't work. And idea when that will be coming back? Hard to wait to dokkan him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom