• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yay...
img_0262z6ugc.png
img_0264clubk.png
It's so beautiful! My precious...

Savitar

Have like 10 open spots in my friends list. Looking for active gaf players. I run maxed SV/Godtenks as main leads, Mageta for friends on WT, Chilled on LR Goku.

Rank 284
ID:3109782106

Again I shall refer to the GAF chart we got for contacts, if people are on there, the new one that is they are active.

MisterMac

For Rerolling:

Today you start with 47 stones. Drop 20 on the Xmas banner, sell the garbage SRs to Baba, unlock her inventory once and buy an item once and you will be at 30 stones letting you do a full round on the Xmas banner.

chrono01

Noob Question,

if i were to start the game at this point....what characters should i go for on a Reroll ? And on which Banner should i pull ? There are like 4-5 actives with a bunch of SSJ units and its hard to figure out the right/best Banner.

Is right now a good time to jump in or will there be a good upcoming event with better potential pulls for new players ?
It's already been answered, but definitely aim for Super Vegito, Gotenks, or Gogeta (in that order). It'll be well worth it!

Good luck and happy re-rolling.

Pulled some more with my paycheck

Vegito, Vegito, Super Saiyan Gotenks, Gogeta dupe

Are you telling me something Bamco?

No SV :/
:(

Yay...

It's so beautiful! My precious...

Yeaaaaaahhhh boooooiiiizzzzz!!!!

Finally! Was so sick of seeing him un-dokkaned. And my first fully maxed out TUR too. Life is good.
Congrats, you two.

I should (hopefully) have my SV finished up today. Not sure if I'll then start work on Gotenks or go do the SSJ3 Goku/Vegeta Dokkan's. Maybe I'll finish the limited event content first? Damn it, this is why I shouldn't have slacked off! I just got angry when SV was introduced and I didn't manage to pull him with 550 Stones so I kind of stopped playing for a while (outside of logging in daily for the freebies). Now I have to catch up.

QUOTE=MisterMac;227323654]For Rerolling:

Today you start with 47 stones. Drop 20 on the Xmas banner, sell the garbage SRs to Baba, unlock her inventory once and buy an item once and you will be at 30 stones letting you do a full round on the Xmas banner.[/QUOTE]
Excellent tip for those re-rolling! Just be sure to keep the decent SR (should you get any), especially those that can Dokkan'd later on.

I just want to take this moment to call out KV for being a little bitch. I have no idea why the hell this guy is giving me so much trouble when I already have 16 and Chilled TUR at SA15. I had a mono PHY team but it just takes forever and so many items so I've reverted to double SV and the saibamen since it's actually more effective.

I kept not paying attention vs Skinnytanks with a prettt solid team and wound up not being able to Awaken him this go round making my fight vs SSBKK that much harder

I've not even got around to those guys yet. Did a few rounds for the character drops and my fattenks to skinnytenks ratio was downright awful. No way I'm maxing KV today though, I'll need another round on him, Tao, Cold and probably two more on Frieza. It's a little annoying that they're swapping every day when there's not enough stam in a day to get the medals without burning stones.

MisterMac

I just want to take this moment to call out KV for being a little bitch. I have no idea why the hell this guy is giving me so much trouble when I already have 16 and Chilled TUR at SA15. I had a mono PHY team but it just takes forever and so many items so I've reverted to double SV and the saibamen since it's actually more effective.

I kept not paying attention vs Skinnytanks with a prettt solid team and wound up not being able to Awaken him this go round making my fight vs SSBKK that much harder

Kirie

For Rerolling:

Today you start with 47 stones. Drop 20 on the Xmas banner, sell the garbage SRs to Baba, unlock her inventory once and buy an item once and you will be at 30 stones letting you do a full round on the Xmas banner.
Exactly what I've been doing, but also made an extra Facebook account to link and unlink so I get those extra 5 stones too!

MisterMac

I really hate having options on where to spend stones. I'm at 120 stones but I don't know if I should blow them on the Xmas banner, SSBKK, or Buuhan.

Godtenks might be the best god card for me since my TEQ team already has SSJ3 Vegeta, SSB Goku, Orb Changing Gotenks, and a few others. Plus I can then save stones for that badass TEQ Future Trunks.

Buuhan seems more fun and unique than Godtenks though and I have Janemba already. But that is kinda negative since he's on the Buuhan banner and if I pull a dope of him I'll be real salty. Then I can save for badass INT Future Trunks.

And SSBKK: I have Super Vegito and if I get any of the three AGL Banner Goku cards my team will be a whole lot better. There is no badass AGL Future Trunks :(

MiTYH

THAT'S IT!

I'M DONE! 112 medals for SSBKK and TEQ Godku.

NO MORE SSBKK
until anrodids

I'd like to thank Whis, Piccolo, and Yamcha. Your passives are da real MVPs

Durden77

That's how I feel now that I have Super Vegito. All I need is SS3 Gotenks, and maybe Buuhan.

Feeling doesn't last that long unfortunately. I felt that way after getting SV, Broly, and finally Majin Vegeta which I saw as the last of my most desired.

Needless to say, I now have 41 stones with no real stones to farm. Game has a knack for ruining any content you may have eventually.

Savitar

I take it the Christmas coins will carry over to next year. Much like the other currencies we get right. Getting more of those GT Goku's doesn't seem that much worth it.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Couldn't get a Gotenks friend so for my last two runs ran SSBKK with my AGL team. Murasaki got +5 ki via tiles both times, sooo good. Second run I swapped AGL Frieza and SSBKK for Baba Piccolo and Turles. Maybe I got lucky but I only had to use a single Senzu bean, definitely my best run.

Am I missing something with SSBKK? I haven't Dokkan him yet but at SA4 he deals about as much damage as SA3 AGL Ultimate Gohan and I lose health. Edit: Nevermind - maybe I noticed the damage difference after 7 turns were up and he lost his buff.

Kitoro

My AGL team is shaping up quite nicely. Can't wait to Dokkan Awaken Ultimate Gohan, and then hopefully replace Goten with Rose Black Goku when he releases. It'll be quite the monster of a team. What could make it better; any advice?

There's still no TUR level Super Sealer on the horizon, huh?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The firs 4 pulls were trash but the 7 for 30 stones were really good.

I got Gogeta who according to Chrono is perfect for beginners and two more SSR. Ready to jump in...well i already played a bit. I still dont quite understand the battle system but i will work my way into it. No reason for more rerolls right ? Took me like 10 attempts or so and this is the first time Gogeta showed up.

Also with the units i already have ...is their any reason to continue pulling right now or should i play the game regularly for now until future banners and power creep make it necessary ?

The stuff Baba is selling on the Maps...should i just buy all of it or is it not worth the Money ?

What happens if you gather all Dragonballs and can summon Shenlong (there is an option on the Homescreen) ?

In general is their anything time-limited going on right now that i should focus on before doing the standard Story Missions ?

On "Event" there are a bunch of extra Story "Missions" where you can unlock or get new units - will they always be there or do i have to run them before they leave the rotation ?

Would be cool if some of you could add me - my ID is: 248 546 4171

I will add myself to the GAF list and add people there - but since im low rank probably better for people who have a slot to just add me since i wont bring much to the table with low level units.
Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle:

This is another great gatcha game. Thankfully, the rates for SSR have iproved quite a bit over the year, although you do still hit the occasional banner where rates are low. After you settle into your account (if you choose to start), when a new banner hits I'd personally wait for stats to be released before you pull. They can vary quite a bit, so it's usually best to see what they are before you spend your Dragon Stones. Thankfully, Dragon Stones are pretty plentiful, especially for new players. There's a lot of content/events to work through, and Bandai Namco are pretty nice about giving them out for daily logins/celebrations.

If you do re-roll for a character, right now is the best time to do it. We have a Christmas banner that has three of the God Leads currently available in the game, those being Super Vegito, SSJ3 Gotenks, and Gogeta. All three are amazing characters and can only be pulled on banners that feature them. The Dokkan Awaken materials might be a little difficult to those just starting out, but they are absolutely worth re-rolling for. In order, I'd go SV --> Gotenks --> Gogeta, but either of them are fine for just starting out. Gogeta might be the more "beginner-friendly", since his leader skill doesn't have a type restriction so you can use him for any/all of your characters (bonus points if they have links that go well with him), but for type-specific teams (which is the current meta for endgame content in Japan, due to the HP/ATK/DEF. they provide) Super Vegito and Gotenks are GODLY. It'll take a bit longer to get the AGL/TEQ team members to fill out your roster, but even with the free strike characters, Super Vegito and Gotenks still do amazing things. It just goes to show how powerful they are.

If I were you, I'd take advantage of the banner right now and re-roll for Super Vegito. He's the absolute best character currently in the Global version (and still remains there in the Japanese release), and can find himself on many teams thanks to his special as well as passive (reduce normal attacks by 70% and counter).

Best of luck to you!
From another thread - but thanks again Chrono, i got Gogeta and Vegito, assuming those are the versions you meant. I honestly dont know...Gotenks i have boost all units but the one you meant seems to be more of a TEQ lead - kinda difficult to figure out ...but Vegito is AGL lead..so that should be the right one.
You're correct, it's a beginners pull where you are guaranteed an SSR. Tehy aren't top tier, but good enough to get you started (and with a low team cost).

Okay thanks thats good to know - is their a limit on how long i have access to this Starter pull ? Dont know if i should just go for it on my new account and or how rare Dragon Stones will be.

My AGL team is shaping up quite nicely. Can't wait to Dokkan Awaken Ultimate Gohan, and then hopefully replace Goten with Rose Black Goku when he releases. It'll be quite the monster of a team. What could make it better; any advice?

Getting rid of Ape Vegeta for another AGL which links better would be ideal for now. Super Sealers are usually lower cost and rarity so don't expect one anytime soon.

I got Gogeta who according to Chrono is perfect for beginners and two more SSR. Ready to jump in...well i already played a bit. I still dont quite understand the battle system but i will work my way into it. No reason for more rerolls right ? Took me like 10 attempts or so and this is the first time Gogeta showed up.

Also with the units i already have ...is their any reason to continue pulling right now or should i play the game regularly for now until future banners and power creep make it necessary ?

The stuff Baba is selling on the Maps...should i just buy all of it or is it not worth the Money ?

What happens if you gather all Dragonballs and can summon Shenlong (there is an option on the Homescreen) ?

In general is their anything time-limited going on right now that i should focus on before doing the standard Story Missions ?

On "Event" there are a bunch of extra Story "Missions" where you can unlock or get new units - will they always be there or do i have to run them before they leave the rotation ?

I will add myself to the GAF list and add people there - but since im low rank probably better for people who have a slot to just add me since i wont bring much to the table with low level units.

From another thread - but thanks again Chrono, i got Gogeta and Vegito, assuming those are the versions you meant. I honestly dont know...Gotenks i have boost all units but the one you meant seems to be more of a TEQ lead - kinda difficult to figure out ...but Vegito is AGL lead..so that should be the right one.

Okay thanks thats good to know - is their a limit on how long i have access to this Starter pull ? Dont know if i should just go for it on my new account and or how rare Dragon Stones will be.

You'll pick up the game over time. You did good and there is no need to reroll. Make sure to Dokkan Gogeta and do the events before you do the quests since the events are limited time. Use the quests to level up your experience bar so that your stamina refills for free and your cost limit goes up. There is x3 exp rate right now so use up your stamina to the edge and then take a Zhard quest to level up and refill your bar

Avoid doing Z hard and Super difficulties on the later stages until you have an awakened team or you can use SV to brute force the missions. Money and medals will be an issue for you for a while.

I say spend the money to build up items from Baba since she is fair about the prices and once you awaken your units, you'll have plenty of money.

Shenron will give you some good wishes and you should focus on expanding inventory and getting stones.

The starter pull stays with you until you use it I believe. Go ahead and use it and hopefully you get Goku or Piccolo.

Go to Dokkan wiki to get guides on team building and quest help. Feel free to ask questions here as well.

As for stones, its up to you on how you wanna spend them. I'd say focus on saving them for Buuhan who is coming in 2 days. Try to get SSBKK from the regular banner to help your AGL team.

yogloo

Dump Vegeta instead of goten. Goten's sa can be easily upped with awakened Sr gotens.

linkent

Damn cwssk, that is a nice account to start with.
Try to go through story for more gems, pulling on ssbkk banner is no a bad idea, as you will need more agi sub.
The xmas banner is also nice as it is guaranteed banner with high chance of dupe(and of coz godtenks)
The candy bar and roshi is nice to level up too.

Once You have a team of ZAwakenen Agi team, getting Gogeta medals should be easy.

You should buy each copy of those baba shop xmas exclusive.
SSR Agi Goku GT is not bad.

At lower level 3x story exp, it is possible to play the game forever till rank 200+.
So make use of that to gather as many things possible before leveling up to get those free stamina refill.

Do the training with roshi mission 3x a day for easy exp shell and 2 xmas medal.

chrono01

Oh man, you're set! Gogeta and Vegito, both amazing leaders and TUR (Transcended UR). Gogeta won't find much use on your Vegito teams, since he's not an AGL-type, but Vegito will absolutely find use in your Gogeta set-up's. He's just too damn useful. Congrats on the re-roll, you have one hell of a start.

Crimsonlink basically answered all of your questions. Right now, I wouldn't worry about grabbing anything extra from summons. You have 2 out of the 3 in the Dokkan banner, and while SSBKK Goku would be amazing for your Vegito team, there will be other chances. Honestly, I'd start farming your stones for the discounted multi pulls (we should be getting one in the next while) where you multi summon three times and then get a free multi-pull. It's usually on the banners with the MUST HAVE units (it was around for the introduction of both Gogeta and Vegito), although the rates can be hit-or-miss. You could try saving them for the guaranteed banners as well, they're relatively common. Aside from that, feel free to expand your character box to something a little more comfortable. You could try doing the complete summons on the Christmas banner for the guaranteed SSR on the final step. The rates are pretty nice (8%, last I checked) but it's up to you.

When you summon Shenron you get a wish. You can choose from a list of things, such as free Dragon Stones or Awakening Materials. I'd aim for the free stones as well as the option to increase your item space (so you can bring more items into battle). You can summon him multiple times with each wish becoming unavailable after you choose t once. After you go through all four, they're all reset and can wish for them again. Rinse/Repeat, until you run out of Dragon Balls (and they add more through story missions).

I wouldn't worry about the Events right now, I'd focus on the story stuff and collecting whatever Dragon Balls you can. It's been a while since I started so maybe things have changed on the priority in which you should do things, I'm not sure. Story content is a pretty safe bet, though. You could try going through any events if the character drop is something that would fit in your team, but you should get that over time naturally just through summoning whenever a nice banner hits. It might be a while until you can build a team to Dokkan Awaken Gogeta/Vegito (depending on your luck with pulls), but you'll get there. Even un-Dokkan'd, they are amazing characters.

I'll be sure to add you in a bit. I'm leading with my Gogeta right now, but I'll likely switch between him and Vegito when I Dokkan the latter (two more runs and I'll be there!).

Congrats again on that account. Starting with both Gogeta and Super Vegito, you can't ask for more than that.

Edit: I just noticed the PHY Gotenks (Super Sealer). That is an even more incredible start, just insane. I don't even have that Gotenks, although I wish I did.

Edit #2: Invite sent!

Meneses

Fantastic pull there, great way to start out. You probably won't be able to awaken ("evolve" to a superior version) any of them right now, but it will come in time. Don't be sad if you can't beat hard content right away, you're not supposed to. Just keep building up your team.

All 3 SSRs you got link very well together and are super useful. You even have Gotenks as a Sealer (as you play more you'll learn that Sealers are quite important, especially since you also have Super Vegito which counterattacks every normal attack - but not supers).

I wrote a little explanation of the combat system a couple pages ago, might be useful for you.

Your other questions have been answered, so just focus on building up your stones and maybe gather the dragonballs for the wishes, since you have to do Story missions for those stones anyway.

Since you're starting out while there's a 3x EXP event, you'll basically play forever with all the stamina refreshes.

One thing you should be aware of: the concept of dupes and Special Attacks. You probably won't need to bother with it too much right now, since you likely won't have many duplicates.

SA is commonly refered to as "Super", it's the powerful attack characters do when they fill their Ki bar in battle. The SA level starts at 1 and can go to 10 (and in some cases, above 10). They way you increase it is by training the same characters together, or characters such as Elder Kai and the Santa Roshi you probably got with these Xmas pulls. You should start feeding these to Super Vegito and Gogeta. You'll know you're doing it right if it says "100%" over a character on the training screen.

This brings us to farmable characters. When you see "Strike" events, that character can drop unlimited times (although the drop rate isn't great), so ideally you should max his SA every time (plus dokkan awaken him after that, but it's a bit early to think about it).

But I would suggest focusing on Story missions at this point to grab more stones and Rank up with the experience.

cw_sasuke

Man thanks you guys for all help and and guiding me into the right direct - this is really helpful. The game has an overwhelming amount of content and the evolution system between Dokkan, Z-Awakenings, Super, multiple versions of one unit can be confusing as well. So i really appreciate those responses !!

I played a bit more of the Story missions and i understand more of the battle system now. I also get why Gogeta is a good beginner lead now and Vegeto with (AGL units) can reach a higher ceiling at some point.

I pulled once on the "Welcome" Banner and got lucky with QCK Goku, guess thats my second member on a potential Vegeto team.

Im done pulling for now until im more familiar with the game systems and units - right now i dont really need what i should pull for and my Rank doesnt allow me to run all SSR units anyway.
You'll pick up the game over time. You did good and there is no need to reroll. Make sure to Dokkan Gogeta and do the events before you do the quests since the events are limited time. Use the quests to level up your experience bar so that your stamina refills for free and your cost limit goes up. There is x3 exp rate right now so use up your stamina to the edge and then take a Zhard quest to level up and refill your bar

Okay should that be my focus even before the Story Missions ? So Dokkan Gogeta would be this ?

And i should run this event ? "Danger mark kinda suggest that its outta myleague - at least thats what the popup says.

Edit:
Nvm, i just tried the 10 stamina one and it was really easy. Now i need to figure out what i need to farm before the event is over.

Damn cwssk, that is a nice account to start with.
Try to go through story for more gems, pulling on ssbkk banner is no a bad idea, as you will need more agi sub.
The xmas banner is also nice as it is guaranteed banner with high chance of dupe(and of coz godtenks)
The candy bar and roshi is nice to level up too.

Once You have a team of ZAwakenen Agi team, getting Gogeta medals should be easy.

You should buy each copy of those baba shop xmas exclusive.
SSR Agi Goku GT is not bad.

At lower level 3x story exp, it is possible to play the game forever till rank 200+.
So make use of that to gather as many things possible before leveling up to get those free stamina refill.

Do the training with roshi mission 3x a day for easy exp shell and 2 xmas medal.
Alright thanks - yeah i plan on focusing on the Story Missions first to get more familiar with the game. Wasnt planning on doing more pulls, did you went all out on this Banner ?

I will have look into the Baba Shop units and how to buy them. Is there any way to farm X-Mas coins...or how do i even get them ..or how do i even get them, i have 2 so far dont even know how i got them.
Oh man, you're set! Gogeta and Vegito, both amazing leaders and TUR (Transcended UR). Gogeta won't find much use on your Vegito teams, since he's not an AGL-type, but Vegito will absolutely find use in your Gogeta set-up's. He's just too damn useful. Congrats on the re-roll, you have one hell of a start.

Thanks man, def. wont be pulling more if you say im good. I just used your Gogeta as a friend...i dont really know what happened but he went crazy and hit for 360k damage....thats nuts lol. In that sense this game captures the Dragon Ball Z DNA quite well...the difference between standard units and OP characters seems quite large, just from my first couple battles.

Gogeta makes even the Saibamen filler units kinda strong...lol - they are hitting for +5k damage, thats really nice. Still hope to rank up fast enough so i can fill my whole team with Legit units.

The battle lineup rotates all the time...is it always random or is that the case because of the Saibamen filler i use ?

I also wonder is there a farmable AGL unit i could/should farm right now for a potential slot on my Vegito team or shouldnt i bother with the Events now ?
Fantastic pull there, great way to start out. You probably won't be able to awaken ("evolve" to a superior version) any of them right now, but it will come in time. Don't be sad if you can't beat hard content right away, you're not supposed to. Just keep building up your team.

Yeah that sounds like a good approach - the units i have right now are already quite OP for the Story missions im running so i wont have any issues there (for now),
One thing you should be aware of: the concept of dupes and Special Attacks. You probably won't need to bother with it too much right now, since you likely won't have many duplicates.

SA is commonly refered to as "Super", it's the powerful attack characters do when they fill their Ki bar in battle. The SA level starts at 1 and can go to 10 (and in some cases, above 10). They way you increase it is by training the same characters together, or characters such as Elder Kai and the Santa Roshi you probably got with these Xmas pulls. You should start feeding these to Super Vegito and Gogeta. You'll know you're doing it right if it says "100%" over a character on the training screen.

This brings us to farmable characters. When you see "Strike" events, that character can drop unlimited times (although the drop rate isn't great), so ideally you should max his SA every time (plus dokkan awaken him after that, but it's a bit early to think about it).

But I would suggest focusing on Story missions at this point to grab more stones and Rank up with the experience.

Is the Chance to level up a Super per dupe 100% or is it like in other games like OPTC or PaD were it only has a chance to level up ? But as you said...i wont have any dupes anytime soon but its good to know.

And i guess Strike Events are like Raids in OPTC ?

linkent

Alright thanks - yeah i plan on focusing on the Story Missions first to get more familiar with the game. Wasnt planning on doing more pulls, did you went all out on this Banner ?

I will have look into the Baba Shop units and how to buy them. Is there any way to farm X-Mas coins...or how do i even get them ..or how do i even get them, i have 2 so far dont even know how i got them.
That is a good beginner Goku Pull, fit in SVegitto team as he give 2ki to team at >50% hp.
You can dokkan awaken him when the medal come back.

I do think you should pull at that xmas banner.
GSSR is rare.
GSSR with roshi and training item is rarer.
GSSR with chance for god lead! First time in dokkan.
Even japan didnt get that.
Getting dupe of those gods unit are alright. When the dupe system come, we will be able to get higher stats for those units(dont feed them, just keep them till then)

Think you get 2 xmas medal from login
4 from 10 stage
2 from roshi training
2 from buying baba item(buy those orb changing item(puar/oolong) or gregory medals)
2 from training a character

For SV team,
The crucial one is actually a sealer.
Agi sealer currently is from gacha pool of WTournament.(Murasaki INCREDIBLE NINJA SKILL!!)
But PHY Gotenks work nicely! As he link super well with SV.
So you can focus on getting high damage AGI units.
Some farmable SSR now is
Strike Pikkon,Vegeta
SSJ Angel Vegeta from his dokkan stage
Xmas GT Goku
Baba shop "treasure" Cooler

Some other farmable SSR
Baby Vegeta from GT event
Whis from heroes event(he is really really good in SV)

Strike are changing daily nowadays, so you can alway farm them later on.
Dokkan event(Gogeta SV etc) are more monthly event or more. So focus on those first.

Story event like the current GT/Saiyaman are really rare too.
You can farm stage 7 zhard of GT event for tokens to buy The 2 elder kai.

Super Strike STR Trunks is soooooo close to being demigod status if he only had the +3 ki leader skill. Might be okay to mess with later on if I don't get Omega Shenron since most of my STR team link up extremely well anyway.

cw_sasuke

Okay just used some of the Exp Items i got from Muten-Roshi and got my 3 main SSR to level +70 really nice.

What does the general upgrade path looks like fro a SSR Unit ?

SSR to lvl 80 then "Awaken" so the SSR can reach lvl 100. The Awakened lvl 100 SSR can then be Dokkan Awakening to a UR unit ? Or is it the other way around ? lol

Also can Story Enemies like Radditz for example drop in Story Missions ?

No, Strike events are just regular dungeons. Dokkan Events are raids.

Ah alright - this makes more sense okay.
That is a good beginner Goku Pull, fit in SVegitto team as he give 2ki to team at >50% hp.
You can dokkan awaken him when the medal come back.

I do think you should pull at that xmas banner.
GSSR is rare.
GSSR with roshi and training item is rarer.
GSSR with chance for god lead! First time in dokkan.
Even japan didnt get that.
Getting dupe of those gods unit are alright. When the dupe system come, we will be able to get higher stats for those units(dont feed them, just keep them till then)

Think you get 2 xmas medal from login
4 from 10 stage
2 from roshi training
2 from buying baba item(buy those orb changing item(puar/oolong) or gregory medals)
2 from training a character

For SV team,
The crucial one is actually a sealer.
Agi sealer currently is from gacha pool of WTournament.(Murasaki INCREDIBLE NINJA SKILL!!)
But PHY Gotenks work nicely! As he link super well with SV.
So you can focus on getting high damage AGI units.
Some farmable SSR now is
Strike Pikkon,Vegeta
SSJ Angel Vegeta from his dokkan stage
Xmas GT Goku
Baba shop "treasure" Cooler

Some other farmable SSR
Baby Vegeta from GT event
Whis from heroes event(he is really really good in SV)

Strike are changing daily nowadays, so you can alway farm them later on.
Dokkan event(Gogeta SV etc) are more monthly event or more. So focus on those first.

Story event like the current GT/Saiyaman are really rare too.
You can farm stage 7 zhard of GT event for tokens to buy The 2 elder kai.

Thanks, thats alot to digest.
Ill try to get one of the farmable AGL units if i can figure out which of them i should run. Are the unit usable asap once you get the drop or is it like in PaD or OPTC were farmables are only good after you farmed alot of them to skill/socket them up or something similar ?

Meneses

Okay just used some of the Exp Items i got from Muten-Roshi and got my 3 main SSR to level +70 really nice.

What does the general upgrade path looks like fro a SSR Unit ?

Most SSRs' natural progression is up to level 80. Then you "normal-Awaken" them to UR, which will let them be trained until level 100 (be careful in the beginning though, because their Cost will increase when you awaken them and you might not be able to fit all of them in your team, since your Team Cost will be low).

There are also special characters that transcend the UR limit, (TURs), which have Dokkan-Awakenings from a lvl 100 UR into a slightly different lvl 120 card (which will have to be trained from 0 all over again). The medals you need for this special Dokkan-awakening are from the harder Dokkan Events (what you probably know as Raids from other games). It will be almost impossible for you to do them right now, but there's no rush, you'll get there.

As for what to do with your stones, and as other people said, I definitely suggest spending them on this Xmas Banner, which is one of the best we've ever had. At least for the 3 special "cycles":

With 5 Stones you get a random character and a great training item.

With 15 Stones you get 3 random characters and a FANTASTIC item to increase the Super Attack of your Gogeta or Super Vegito. These are very rare and often expensive when they do come along.

With 30 stones you get 7 random characters and at least one of them is a guaranteed SSR, with chances of being the other God Lead SS3 Gotenks. (I doubt you'll be as lucky as your first pull with those top 3 characters, but it's still a good choice for pulling :p)

This can be done 3 times. After that, it will become a normal "5 stones per single summon, 50 stones per multi-summon" banner and you can probably stop pulling.

On the 31st / 1st of January, another God Lead (Buu with Absorbed Gohan) will come, this time for INT (purple) cards, so you can try your luck there if you want.

Also don't forget to get the dragon balls from Story missions and wish for more character spaces, and ocasionally spend a stone or 2 increasing your space, since you'll be running out soon.

Also, also, don't immediately throw away R or SR cards - some of them might be useful. Keep all that have useful skills or passives, like Stun, Seal, +ki, -30 or -50% enemy damage, lower enemy Attack or Defense.

You can also keep cards that have good links with your better ones (like Prepared for Battle, Shocking Speed, Over in a Flash, mainly stuff that gives Ki). When starting out, this can be good to fill out teams while you're building towards a better one.

Is the Chance to level up a Super per dupe 100% or is it like in other games like OPTC or PaD were it only has a chance to level up ? But as you said...i wont have any dupes anytime soon but its good to know.

And i guess Strike Events are like Raids in OPTC ?

If you use an Elder Kai or a Santa Claus Roshi, it will be always 100%.

If you use the exact same card, with same name and rarity (like, two SSJ Goku SSR cards), it will be 100%.

Then it gets a bit confusing to me, so I won't try to explain because I might give you wrong information, but it can vary from 5% to 30% to 50% depending on certain variables (if the card has a different name, if the rarity is different, etc). It always tells you the percentage when you're selecting training partners.

Right now, you should only be using those Elder Kai / Santa Roshi, keep any dupes you get because we will get a dupe system in a couple months which will change things up.

cw_sasuke

Most SSRs' natural progression is up to level 80. Then you "normal-Awaken" them to UR, which will let them be trained until level 100 (be careful in the beginning though, because their Cost will increase when you awaken them and you might not be able to fit all of them in your team, since your Team Cost will be low).

There are also special characters that transcend the UR limit, (TURs), which have Dokkan-Awakenings from a lvl 100 UR into a slightly different lvl 120 card (which will have to be trained from 0 all over again). The medals you need for this special Dokkan-awakening are from the harder Dokkan Events (what you probably know as Raids from other games). It will be almost impossible for you to do them right now, but there's no rush, you'll get there.

As for what to do with your stones, and as other people said, I definitely suggest spending them on this Xmas Banner, which is one of the best we've ever had. At least for the 3 special "cycles":

With 5 Stones you get a random character and a great training item.

With 15 Stones you get 3 random characters and a FANTASTIC item to increase the Super Attack of your Gogeta or Super Vegito. These are very rare and often expensive when they do come along.

With 30 stones you get 7 random characters and at least one of them is a guaranteed SSR, with chances of being the other God Lead SS3 Gotenks. (I doubt you'll be as lucky as your first pull with those top 3 characters, but it's still a good choice for pulling :p)

This can be done 3 times. After that, it will become a normal "5 stones per single summon, 50 stones per multi-summon" banner and you can probably stop pulling.

On the 31st / 1st of January, another God Lead (Buu with Absorbed Gohan) will come, this time for INT (purple) cards, so you can try your luck there if you want.

Also don't forget to get the dragon balls from Story missions and wish for more character spaces, and ocasionally spend a stone or 2 increasing your space, since you'll be running out soon.

Also, also, don't immediately throw away R or SR cards - some of them might be useful. Keep all that have useful skills or passives, like Stun, Seal, +ki, -30 or -50% enemy damage, lower enemy Attack or Defense.

You can also keep cards that have good links with your better ones (like Prepared for Battle, Shocking Speed, Over in a Flash, mainly stuff that gives Ki). When starting out, this can be good to fill out teams while you're building towards a better one.

Thanks alot, this helps me quite a bit i know how to tackle the early part now. I really have no business at all farming Dokkan Events or material now lol. Even regular Awakening will be too much with my current rank and the involved costs. My first goal now is to be able to completely fill up my Gogeta team with own members - right now i can run Gogeta, Vegeto, Gotenks + a single N rarity unit...so there is alot to do until then.

Wow - i didnt know that the Christmas Banner worked like that...so in total you can do the whole setup (1x5.3x15 and 7x30) three times ? Thats pretty cool. Are all Dokkan Festivals like that or is this a special treat ? Will the one with Buuhan be setup like this ? Thought i was done with pulling...but you make it sound like i should at least spend another 50 stones there. I need to look up how many Dragon Stones i can get via Story Missions and how long the 3xEXP Bonus will be up.

Can i look up the Dragon Ball positions or do they show up random in maps ?

I wish i had more Gogeta friends....lol. How long does it take for a friend leader to re-appear in your list after you used them ? Would love Chronos Gogeta to show up more often heh.

Meneses

Thanks alot, this helps me quite a bit i know how to tackle the early part now. I really have no business at all farming Dokkan Events or material now lol. Even regular Awakening will be too much with my current rank and the involved costs. My first goal now is to be able to completely fill up my Gogeta team with own members - right now i can run Gogeta, Vegeto, Gotenks + a single N rarity unit...so there is alot to do until then.

Wow - i didnt know that the Christmas Banner worked like that...so in total you can do the whole setup (1x5.3x15 and 7x30) three times ? Thats pretty cool. Are all Dokkan Festivals like that or is this a special treat ? Will the one with Buuhan be setup like this ? Thought i was done with pulling...but you make it sound like i should at least spend another 50 stones there. I need to look up how many Dragon Stones i can get via Story Missions and how long the 3xEXP Bonus will be up.

Can i look up the Dragon Ball positions or do they show up random in maps ?

I wish i had more Gogeta friends....lol. How long does it take for a friend leader to re-appear in your list after you used them ? Would love Chronos Gogeta to show up more often heh.

The Xmas banner is the only one that has worked like this, if i'm not mistaken. You're getting 1+3+7 (11 characters) per 50 stones instead of the usual 10, and with the extra items it's a great deal. But since you already have 2 of the best characters anyway, if you want to keep saving that's fine.

No certainties, but the Buuhan banner might use a different kind of special system (which they have used for Gogeta and Super Vegito when they first arrived): If you do 3 multipulls (each one of those costs 50 stones and gives you 10 characters, although there won't be a guaranteed SSR so you can get all crap), then you get an extra multipull for free. So, 4 multipulls for 150 stones instead of 200.

For Gogeta they also did a discount on the very first multipull, 30 stones instead of 50, if i recall correctly, but this might not be the case.

I think 3xEXP lasts until December 31st, 9PM Pacific time.

You can definitely look up the dragon balls, their position is fixed. Try the Dokkan Battle Wikia, it has helpful guides for all events in the game and story missions. Reddit's page is also pretty useful.

Regarding friends, I think they only come up once a day? Not sure, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
This Dokkan Trunks Spirit Sword event is so much fun with Fused Zamasu and Goku Black Rose. Back to back 1+ million Super Attacks, boom.

Or, in his final stage...
Get rekt, Trunks.

Kirie

Since I'm a masochist I decided to reroll for SV and it took me forever, but got him finally!

Now I can finally start playing the game :D

Added my character ID to the list, will be using Gogeta if anyone needs him

Since I'm a masochist I decided to reroll for SV and it took me forever, but got him finally!

Congrats! It's going to pay off big time. As it is there still doesn't seem to be any unit that quite outdoes him on JPN so he's gonna come in handy for a very long time. He's going to make awakening your Gogeta extremely easy as well.

cw_sasuke

Any site like

http://optc-db.github.io/

for Dokkan ?

The Xmas banner is the only one that has worked like this, if i'm not mistaken. You're getting 1+3+7 (11 characters) per 50 stones instead of the usual 10, and with the extra items it's a great deal. But since you already have 2 of the best characters anyway, if you want to keep saving that's fine.

No certainties, but the Buuhan banner might use a different kind of special system (which they have used for Gogeta and Super Vegito when they first arrived): If you do 3 multipulls (each one of those costs 50 stones and gives you 10 characters, although there won't be a guaranteed SSR so you can get all crap), then you get an extra multipull for free. So, 4 multipulls for 150 stones instead of 200.

For Gogeta they also did a discount on the very first multipull, 30 stones instead of 50, if i recall correctly, but this might not be the case.

I think 3xEXP lasts until December 31st, 9PM Pacific time.

You can definitely look up the dragon balls, their position is fixed. Try the Dokkan Battle Wikia, it has helpful guides for all events in the game and story missions. Reddit's page is also pretty useful.

Regarding friends, I think they only come up once a day? Not sure, though.

Alright thanks - guess il play some more and decide tomorrow if wanna try my luck once more on the Christmas Banner. 1-2 good ALG units would probably ne nice for my future Vegeto team.

Played some more, now just using Vegeto because more people in my friendlist have him. I dont know exactly how it works but SR Kid Trunks i have sometimes changes red KI orbs into blue orbs...thats pretty great.

Also figured out some of the Christmas Daily missions to earn some coins for Baba. I have 12 Coins now and want to get GT Goku (AGL) - thats a good purchase or should i save them up to buy Santa Roshi for Super Attacks ?

Congrats on that reroll - send me a invite if you have time...i need Gogeta friends :-D

Durden77

I will add you. IGN is Bawlsaq. And yes, you have a great start.

Edit: I don't see ya on the list yet.

Also to anyone else that has been requesting adds in the thread, please add yourself to the Google doc. I like to favorite the GAF members so I don't accidentally delete them and it's hard without you being on the list.

Kirie

Congrats! It's going to pay off big time. As it is there still doesn't seem to be any unit that quite outdoes him on JPN so he's gonna come in handy for a very long time. He's going to make awakening your Gogeta extremely easy as well.
Thanks!! Yeah I did a little more research into it after you told me about it and decided I might as well go for it considering he's so good. Just happy I was able to get Gogeta along with him, lol.

Congrats on that reroll - send me a invite if you have time...i need Gogeta friends :-D

Thanks! I added you :)

I will add you. IGN is Bawlsaq. And yes, you have a great start.

Edit: I don't see ya on the list yet.

Also to anyone else that has been requesting adds in the thread, please add yourself to the Google doc. I like to favorite the GAF members so I don't accidentally delete them and it's hard without you being on the list.

On the list hidden at the bottom of the OP right? I put mine on there and I see cw_sasuke as well, weird. Is there another list I'm missing?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
On the list hidden at the bottom of the OP right? I put mine on there and I see cw_sasuke as well, weird. Is there another list I'm missing?

There was a new list because the other one was really outdated.

Updated GAF player list: Quote to reveal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom