• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never imagined I would spend this much on a mobile game before. The total has to be above $100 by now. That sounds like barely anything, especially compared to bigger spenders, but this is literally the only mobile game I ever spent money on, and I'm still thinking of spending more. I already have Super Vegito and just recenty got Super Gogeta from the Christmas banner (thank God, I've been chasing him since he came out), so I don't really need another God lead. But a banner with Buuhan, Janemba, and Ultimate Gohan sounds sooooo good. I already got Buuhan but I was honestly looking for Janemba or an Ultimate Gohan more, haha.

Aiii

So not worth it
It isn't even funny just how broken Black Rose and Fused Zamasu are.

wdsub40dh97y.jpg

Images taken from the three final stages of SSBBK Goku Dokkan Event, without any item (de)buffs, just plain old SA10 attacks and some dupe system buffs (Goku Rose did an additional attack in the final stage). Yellow explosion is Zamasu.

I mean, I could show you some buffed attacks, but that would be unfair.

It isn't even funny just how broken Black Rose and Fused Zamasu are.

wdsub40dh97y.jpg

Images taken from the three final stages of SSBBK Goku Dokkan Event, without any item (de)buffs, just plain old SA10 attacks and some dupe system buffs (Goku Rose did an additional attack in the final stage). Yellow explosion is Zamasu.

I mean, I could show you some buffed attacks, but that would be unfair.

Disgustingly good damage. Buff from different type and all the villain links. Funny how AGL got pretty much its 2nd most powerful card as a villain. SV easily takes #1 spot but I'd give it to SSBKK or Rose Black for #2.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I begin to understand why Vegito is Top Tier - that Counterattack is nuts

Linkent,

i have cleared the whole DBGT Storyline and im only at like 3500 fruits or so far. Looked up the Kais at Baba and they each are at least 10k - wondering if i can even get it done before the event is over. I will try to get at least one of them.

I dont know how important getting them and leveling Supers is - but seems like its something i would regret later on.

Also need to do the Gohan Z-Hard stages for the Stones. That Vegeta AGL Strike event thats up looks interesting as well....he would be a good units for Vegito right ? How much stam would it take to farm/finish him ?

Edit:

And who is Black Rose ? lol

Aiii

So not worth it
Goku Black Rose is coming, along with SSB Vegito, to Global in about 2,5 to 3 months. They're only in the JPN version of the game.

And if you don't know these characters, you can watch DB Super on Crunchyroll or Daisuki (depending on your region), get on that.

Linkent,

i have cleared the whole DBGT Storyline and im only at like 3500 fruits or so far. Looked up the Kais at Baba and they each are at least 10k - wondering if i can even get it done before the event is over. I will try to get at least one of them.

I dont know how important getting them and leveling Supers is - but seems like its something i would regret later on.

Also need to do the Gohan Z-Hard stages for the Stones. That Vegeta AGL Strike event thats up looks interesting as well....he would be a good units for Vegito right ? How much stam would it take to farm/finish him ?

Edit:

Keep redoing Stage 7 of the GT event for max fruits. Always try to get a total of nine to land on the glowing space to get 20 extra fruit. Refill stamina since you'll need to do it get the rewards anyways. Keep grinding till you get both Elder Kais. I also recommend going for the Supreme and Elder Kai awakening medals that are 4000 fruit a piece.

Any awakening medals you are low on is a good idea. A team of Gogeta + Friend Gogeta is enough to take out all the Robots on Z hard. Just take a damage reduction like King Ox to avoid death if they start doing too much damage to your units.

This is a good way to train your units too that you are trying to level up,

Gohan dokkan event is kinda easy with double Broly leads, no wall standing tall links. The only PHY Buu I have is evil Buu SR, but it's enough with Brolys (not even TUR).

Only problem is no one is running Broly leader because PHY is the red-headed bastard stepchild of Dokkan battle. Feels bad man.

linkent

Linkent,

Edit:

Like Crimson said, definitely farm up stage 7 for those Kai.
It rarely come despite the many we get from this holiday.
Primary source is 2 every WT.
Or free elder Kai per multi.

If you have awakening medal problem also get those 2 Kai medals.

Not only counter attack is OP.
The fact that he reduces auto attack damage to such small amount is where he truely shine as we can use super sealer in his team

Agi Vegeta is alright to get, you will need to raise his special to 15 for his full potential.
Assuming 1 drop every 2 run, you will need 30x15 450stamina to get 15 copies of him.
To Dokkan him, you will need 25x15
375 stamina to get 14 medals.

Think it is better to get 10 copies of each strike character.
So you can progress like
AGI>STR>PHY>INT>TEQ in super strike.

The Skinny/Fatenks are especially good.
Fatenks mono TEQ with friends Godtenks should help you clear SV stage.

On my journey to farming Buuhan, got my first drop after spending those 3 gems from clear 15 mission reward.
7x140 stamina for 1 Buuhan.
:(

rsniper59

Neo Member
Man, I'm doing something horribly wrong on this Ultimate Gohan event. I thought it would end up being relatively easy. How do you de-activate his high defense? I tried including a team of four Buus (Buuhan, AGL Kid Buu UR, PHY Majin Buu (Good), Captured Wisdom INT Buu), and hoped I could then use Gogeta friend and SSBKK to deal a significant amount of damage after the Buu's attack using their passive skill.

However, they do piddly damage. Can't really find any decent info on the wiki about the event that explains the mechanic either.

Man, I'm doing something horribly wrong on this Ultimate Gohan event. I thought it would end up being relatively easy. How do you de-activate his high defense? I tried including a team of four Buus (Buuhan, AGL Kid Buu UR, PHY Majin Buu (Good), Captured Wisdom INT Buu), and hoped I could then use Gogeta friend and SSBKK to deal a significant amount of damage after the Buu's attack using their passive skill.

However, they do piddly damage. Can't really find any decent info on the wiki about the event that explains the mechanic either.

Only those characters with Wall Standing Tall links, or Buus, do good damage. You don't deactivate his defenses so other characters do normal damage.

Only problem is no one is running Broly leader because PHY is the red-headed bastard stepchild of Dokkan battle. Feels bad man.

I know that feel man. Been getting by with this bootleg mono AGL "god" lead to get me through the Buuhan event since practically everyone on my friend list has SV:

32012624456_0440974f3b_z.jpg

Everyone there is for the ki links, which surprisingly gets enough to the characters that really need it. It can sometimes beat the event right after STR Buutenks if I started with the right rotations, which is faster than what I can do with the PHY team (where its obvious weakness is in this event).

Aiii

So not worth it
With all the stuff from the last month or so, I'm completely out of Senzu Beans, Dendes and Ghost Ushers. I still have 1 Buu and 1 Gohan to dokkan :( :(

My japan account has been on life support for items ever since SSB Vegito and Goku Black came out. Mostly because I pulled every God lead (with the exception of Buuhan) including those two on that banner (amongst other things). Oh, did I mention that you should save all your dragon stones from now until those two banners come to Global? No? Remember this.

I have 2 senzu beans right now and 168 medals to farm from Dokkan events for the LR Androids before the 11th, so that's fun.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I always stock up on the daily senzu in the shop and check the points shop constantly. Unfortunately the three new characters take up 3 slots in the points shop so that's annoying

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I do that too.

That doesn't really help if you're running over 100 Dokkan raids in a few weeks time. ;)

I'm sitting on nearly 500 senzu beans lol.

been doing the Gohan event to get the 7 medals needed for LR Androids. I got the new Goku and planning on getting Saiyman. Is Nappa worth getting though?

Buuhan awakened. Now only 154 more of his medals to go! 77 for Androids, 21 for Buutenks, 21 for Buucolo, 35 to TEQ Kid Buu (in case I ever get him).

Tamanon

Banned
Did a multi and got Janemba and INT Ult Gohan(my favorite of the bunch). Those will be good additions to my crew. Might do another multi on this banner, if only for more Buus, I'm pretty lacking. That'll allow me to at least awaken my 3 different Ult. Gohans, lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
Decided to give the Buuhan banner one last go, got a Bye Guys that got me a Janemba and TEQ Kid Buu, which will go nicely on my Godtenks team...

Still disappointed. Heh.

MiTYH

Which SR Buuhan is better to awaken first? INT or STR?

Might sit on them though, I've got them at SA 6 or 7 each "thanks" to terrible pulls, but I need to beat the Gohan event and my teams lack any real units that help, unless it can be beaten with God cards? Gogeta/SV?

I hate that moment when you look away and Buuhan Supered again and its too late to close the app.

50 energy down the drain. Oh well time to wait and let it refill.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm just curious, are you a whale? You seem to have like, every card under the sun. If you're just insanely lucky I hate you
<3

Just my Japan account. That version just has better everything, I suppose.

I pulled all the leads (except Godtenks, who I rolled at the start) on the two SSB Vegito and Rose banners when I had a new account using my 300 quest stones (3x exp so I could just run them forever), since it was 3 summons = 1 free, i had 8 multis. Then I got a bunch more stones from the Super difficulties and got some more.

Those banners are just really really good, watch them nerf the rates and the characters for Global.

Japan has better summons (50 ds for ten elder kai's, oh yeah), gifts, better dragon stone deals, better chars on banners and better events (I mean, right now they once again have rotating Dokkan events at half Stamina, that is the second time in a short period). I dunno, the game is just easier.

Which SR Buuhan is better to awaken first? INT or STR?

Might sit on them though, I've got them at SA 6 or 7 each "thanks" to terrible pulls, but I need to beat the Gohan event and my teams lack any real units that help, unless it can be beaten with God cards? Gogeta/SV?

I've been doing it with double SV leads and using SSJ Gotenks to seal his super. Takes a long time but doable.

edit: 1 more Gohan and 6 more Beerus medals and I can get LR Androids to UR. Then I need all the medals(except SV) to make em LR.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Goku Black Rose is coming, along with SSB Vegito, to Global in about 2,5 to 3 months. They're only in the JPN version of the game.

And if you don't know these characters, you can watch DB Super on Crunchyroll or Daisuki (depending on your region), get on that.

Another new form heh ? Okay...yeah ill look into Super the next time i have some free time. First ill reread my OG DB Manga...playing this game really lets me appreciate some of the cool DB moments and characters i completely forgot. Was so crazy about DB in my younger years.
Keep redoing Stage 7 of the GT event for max fruits. Always try to get a total of nine to land on the glowing space to get 20 extra fruit. Refill stamina since you'll need to do it get the rewards anyways. Keep grinding till you get both Elder Kais. I also recommend going for the Supreme and Elder Kai awakening medals that are 4000 fruit a piece.

Any awakening medals you are low on is a good idea. A team of Gogeta + Friend Gogeta is enough to take out all the Robots on Z hard. Just take a damage reduction like King Ox to avoid death if they start doing too much damage to your units.

This is a good way to train your units too that you are trying to level up,

Thanks man - im doing Stage 7 now and with around 500 per run i should be able to get enough for both Elder Kais and maybe a bit more.

Why do i need to refill stamina to get the rewards ? Dont quite understand that part - but in general i dont think refilling for Stamina makes sense at such a low rank, since i level up every 6-7 runs.

Where do i get King OX - is that a unit or an Item ? lol - i got bodied once because on of the bosses hit for +30k and killled my Gogeta team. Now i only run Vegito, nearly 100k HP makes it impossible to screw up...and as you said its great to level up some low level subs.

Only bummer right now ...my Vegito is already max lvl but cant evolve him because of +10 Grandpa Gohan Medals im missing "relatively easy to get" lol. Ill probably just need to run those Medal stages for a bit once im done with DB GT.
Like Crimson said, definitely farm up stage 7 for those Kai.
It rarely come despite the many we get from this holiday.
Primary source is 2 every WT.
Or free elder Kai per multi.

If you have awakening medal problem also get those 2 Kai medals.

Not only counter attack is OP.
The fact that he reduces auto attack damage to such small amount is where he truely shine as we can use super sealer in his team

Agi Vegeta is alright to get, you will need to raise his special to 15 for his full potential.
Assuming 1 drop every 2 run, you will need 30x15 450stamina to get 15 copies of him.
To Dokkan him, you will need 25x15
375 stamina to get 14 medals.

So you can progress like
AGI>STR>PHY>INT>TEQ in super strike.

The Skinny/Fatenks are especially good.
Fatenks mono TEQ with friends Godtenks should help you clear SV stage.

Alright thanks - i think ill finish of the DB GT and Kai/Elder Retrieval first before i look into farming those Strike units.

Didnt quite understand this part...but ill just get back to it once im done with DB GT lol. 10 copies to level their Supers or you mean 10 different AGL Strike units that can be used as team members in Super Strike battles ?

Ashodin

My Buuhan team fucking sucks! Guess I'll just have to settle for maxing out Buuhan's SA (after I get Gohan medals, need five more)

Another new form heh ? Okay...yeah ill look into Super the next time i have some free time. First ill reread my OG DB Manga...playing this game really lets me appreciate some of the cool DB moments and characters i completely forgot. Was so crazy about DB in my younger years.

Thanks man - im doing Stage 7 now and with around 500 per run i should be able to get enough for both Elder Kais and maybe a bit more.

Why do i need to refill stamina to get the rewards ? Dont quite understand that part - but in general i dont think refilling for Stamina makes sense at such a low rank, since i level up every 6-7 runs.

Where do i get King OX - is that a unit or an Item ? lol - i got bodied once because on of the bosses hit for +30k and killled my Gogeta team. Now i only run Vegito, nearly 100k HP makes it impossible to screw up...and as you said its great to level up some low level subs.

Only bummer right now ...my Vegito is already max lvl but cant evolve him because of +10 Grandpa Gohan Medals im missing "relatively easy to get" lol. Ill probably just need to run those Medal stages for a bit once im done with DB GT.

Alright thanks - i think ill finish of the DB GT and Kai/Elder Retrieval first before i look into farming those Strike units.

Didnt quite understand this part...but ill just get back to it once im done with DB GT lol. 10 copies to level their Supers or you mean 10 different AGL Strike units that can be used as team members in Super Strike battles ?

Ahh OK if you are leveling up after a few runs then it doesn't quite matter. Ox King is an item that reduces damage by 25% for all enemies for 1 turn. He is the one damage reduction item you should have the most of and is good for getting out of a sticky situation involving supers if you don't wanna use the Baba or Pilaf items.

The reward I'm talking about is the special missions section. 300 missions in the event period gives you roughly 40 dragon stones in total. The farming you are doing is helping. Once you get over 100 missions does it become time consuming.

The fruits can give you 10 grandpa Gohan medals so go for that and awaken that SV. Check the treasures again with all the awakening medals.

Forget the Strike characters for now since they always come back per day.

Bamco should really make the Daily reward a permanent thing. 3 missions for 1 Dragon Stone? Hell yeah that should be a regular!

Arrrammis

Sometimes it sucks being a day 1
mostly
F2P player. I have all of the top tier cards from 6 month- 1 year ago, and now all these youngins with their bountiful story stones pull the god leads. Back in my day, we were grateful for when we got 4% rates rather than the usual 2%, and STR SR 1st Form Frieza was considered a top tier leader for +15% attack to all!

Alright.. finally Dokkaned my AGL Ultimate Gohan. Not sure what to do with my sixth slot.. either Ape Vegeta with no links, or Super Gogeta with fantastic links and passive buffs, but no SV Leader Skill buffs...

Thoughts?

or

Thanks!

Ape Vegeta since he is AGL, Gogeta has no place in that team unless it was supposed to be a rainbow one. If we get the Villains vs Heroes event back, you need to get the Free Whis and replace Vegeta with him.

Kitoro

Ape Vegeta since he is AGL, Gogeta has no place in that team unless it was supposed to be a rainbow one. If we get the Villains vs Heroes event back, you need to get the Free Whis and replace Vegeta with him.

Doesn't Gogeta give a +7000 Attack Buff and Type Effective Buff to the entire attacking party? That would make my AGL units hit like trucks, especially SBKK Goku and SS3 Goku, no?

chrono01

Alright.. finally Dokkaned my AGL Ultimate Gohan. Not sure what to do with my sixth slot.. either Ape Vegeta with no links, or Super Gogeta with fantastic links and passive buffs, but no SV Leader Skill buffs...

Thoughts?

or

Thanks!
Do you have Murasaki? If so, I'd recommend putting him in there, as he helps a lot with sealing your opponents' super which allows Super Vegito to counter a lot more easily (not to mention, reducing the damage you'll take).

Kitoro

Do you have Murasaki? If so, I'd recommend putting him in there, as he helps a lot with sealing your opponents' super which allows Super Vegito to counter a lot more easily (not to mention, reducing the damage you'll take).

I sadly do not. :(

Is he only available through premium summons?

chrono01

I sadly do not. :(

Is he only available through premium summons?
Nope, he's even easier to get (in theory). He's from the WT summon, so you use your DB Tickets for him. He's only a R, so he shouldn't be too difficult to get. You need to compete in the World Tournament to get the tickets, though. You might even have some on you already!

Kitoro

Four more Gohan medals then it's grind the seventh mission to dust on baby saga

How much longer do we have until the GT Event goes away? I've got 1000 Coins and 1000 Apples (forgot which currency this event yields). Would I realistically have enough time to get the Elder Kai unit before it's gone?

Also, when should we expect the new dupe system to hit?

Tamanon

Banned
How much longer do we have until the GT Event goes away? I've got 1000 Coins and 1000 Apples (forgot which currency this event yields). Would I realistically have enough time to get the Elder Kai unit before it's gone?

January 10 for both GT and Hero of Justice thankfully.

Cruxist

Man, my pulls in global have been terrible. Then I go and do a single in JPN and get future Trunks. My JPN account is stacked, it's almost unfair. Once I awaken Trunks, my rainbow team is going to be legit.

Kitoro

Man, my pulls in global have been terrible. Then I go and do a single in JPN and get future Trunks. My JPN account is stacked, it's almost unfair. Once I awaken Trunks, my rainbow team is going to be legit.

What's the rainbow meta lead of choice? SSB Vegito?

N.Domixis

Banned
Was interested and then I see a video where the pull rates/grind is BS, to hell with this. Best way to not become addicted is to ignore which is unfortunate.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Purposefully running PHY Broly team up against Ultimate Gohan...just for the sake of variety instead of running AGL all the time.

Ashodin

the 10th? great yeah if I stonegrind the stage I should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom