• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow (probably)!

nnalmp1y7g7y.png

And another banner to pull from as well. :p

Aiii

So not worth it
And another banner to pull from as well. :p

Again, I strongly, STRONGLY, suggest that you start hoarding all your stones until SSB Vegito/Black Rose banners hit.

They will have ALL the God Leads on them and will likely be 4 summons for the price of 3. You'll want to have as many stones as possible when they hit.

Ashodin

Again, I strongly, STRONGLY, suggest that you start hoarding all your stones until SSB Vegito/Black Rose banners hit.

They will have ALL the God Leads on them and will likely be 4 summons for the price of 3. You'll want to have as many stones as possible when they hit.

Saving everything for this. Buying the discounted stones as well to save for this.

Cruxist

What's the rainbow meta lead of choice? SSB Vegito?

It actually might be a mix of SSB Vegito and Future Trunks. SSB boosts all stats by 100% but no extra kai, Trunks is the God lead 70% for super teams and one Kai.

I think the extreme rainbow teams are actually slightly better, but I'm lacking in extreme cards so I can't test at all.

Aiii

So not worth it
Depends on your extreme vs. super types really. Ideally you have both and just switch to whatever you like (JPN Dokkan Battle is heaven to me, really). Extreme has better units overall since most of them do debuffs and tons of damage, but you're more likely to have good super units due to simple odds of there being more good Super units than good extreme units.

Also, most people run SSB Vegito so it's easier to find a friend with that (friend list refresh resolved this issue, mostly, still sometimes takes a long time to find a Rose, esp. one with a high SA/ability system buffs).

I prefer Rose, but my SSB Vegito team gets just as much use.

So once those banners hit Global: Look at whatever units you have and then choose which leader would be best for you and focus on that banner first. Once you get out of it what you need, switch to the other.

32076272565_424472c1f3_z.jpg

New Year's miracles, man. Happened 3 times already and starting on my next set of 10 just in case. This is where my RNG went when trying to pull INT Buuhan. xD

MiTYH

New Year's miracles, man. Happened 3 times already and starting on my next set of 10 just in case. This is where my RNG went when trying to pull INT Buuhan. xD

That's awesome. I got it once, then a few single drops. Only got one at SA5 so far, need to keep farming my "just in case" and then another one for 10.

Still haven't made progress on those clear 300 stages for 10DS. I'll do it, but I think I need to space some out for that 4-stamina Goku stage. Don't want the grind to kill me too late and wimp out at like, 250 or something

Farming skinny & fatty is a painnnnnnnnn.

Then I have to do Buu ugghhhhhhhh

3 more skinny 1 more fatty. Kill me.

Also going by Huw bad the SA % chance is I need like 100 Buus :(

Skii

Man they nerfed the Buuhan banner. I'm really starting to dislike Global and their scummy manipulation of rates. I just grinded another 50 stones as well.

Also, no one pull on that terrible tournament banner. Save your stones for Omega Shenron/Rose/Blue Vegito.

Meneses

Man they nerfed the Buuhan banner. I'm really starting to dislike Global and their scummy manipulation of rates. I just grinded another 50 stones as well.

Also, no one pull on that terrible tournament banner. Save your stones for Omega Shenron/Rose/Blue Vegito.

i'm saving all my stones for the true hero
Future Trunks

Meneses

I'm having a bit more luck raising Buuhan's SA, the trick was to wait until I have at least 2 Buus and train them both at the same time, usually at least one of them sticks.

edit: sorry, double post.

MiTYH

All glory to the
Hypnotoad
Super Vegito! Mono SV AGL team just tore through the Ultimate Gohan event like it was paper. Too bad I only need medals for the PHY one, but hey, nice to know I've got an easy team now.

MisterMac

Man. All you guys really got jobs at Bandai?! There's no other way I can rationalize the luck in this thread. You guys wanna go check the ends of rainbows with me later? Maybe then I'll buy a stone.

I'm probably gonna grind up one last multi and pull on Buuhan. Rates be damned. I want fucking Buuhan. Then like Meneses I'll hoard for Future Trunks and hope Scamco don't fuck Global and take Vegito Blue off the banner. I'm about to switch to JP and enjoy stones raining from the sky and pulling great cards and all that magical shit that's replaced with broken hearts and falling rates on global. Even that Xmas banner was a huge scam. Siphon off stones for SSBKK without Super Vegito then drop a Super Vegito GSSR. These guys are ice cold wallet assassins and I'm under siege trying to maintain my values man, my principles

MiTYH

Man. All you guys really got jobs at Bandai?! There's no other way I can rationalize the luck in this thread. You guys wanna go check the ends of rainbows with me later? Maybe then I'll buy a stone.

I'm probably gonna grind up one last multi and pull on Buuhan. Rates be damned. I want fucking Buuhan. Then like Menses I'll hoard for Future Trunks and hope Scamco don't fuck Global and take Vegito Blue off the banner. I'm about to switch to JP and enjoy stones raining from the sky and pulling great cards and all that magical shit that's replaced with broken hearts and falling rates on global. Even that Xmas banner was a huge scam. Siphon off stones for SSBKK without Super Vegito then drop a Super Vegito GSSR. These guys are ice cold wallet assassins and I'm under siege trying to maintain my values man, my principles

RNG is RNG.

I wasted 100 stones on mutlis on this banner, got nothing higher than an SR despite a rainbow text on one. To this day I still don't have any usable Buu, so I was hoping for literally any unit.

Xmas though? Got a dupe SV on one of the pulls.

RNG gonna RNG ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meneses

I'm probably gonna grind up one last multi and pull on Buuhan. Rates be damned. I want fucking Buuhan. Then like Meneses I'll hoard for Future Trunks and hope Scamco don't fuck Global and take Vegito Blue off the banner. I'm about to switch to JP and enjoy stones raining from the sky and pulling great cards and all that magical shit that's replaced with broken hearts and falling rates on global. Even that Xmas banner was a huge scam. Siphon off stones for SSBKK without Super Vegito then drop a Super Vegito GSSR. These guys are ice cold wallet assassins and I'm under siege trying to maintain my values man, my principles

I got super lucky on this banner, got Buuhan on my third single pull... It's a good start to some sort of "compensation" for the money I spent chasing fucking Gogeta and also SV.

Still, it's dumb to spend money on this. Don't do it unless there's a good sale going on (and even then it's not really something i'd recommend.)

This game is taunting me...
I needed 3 more Skinny and had enough STA for three rounds. First two are against Gotenks & Piccolo JustNeedOneMore.jpg. Go in and Skinny trunks is there OmgItsHappening.png. Drops support items...feelsbadman

Edit:. Also good thing I didn't break down and buy stones. Did like 5 single and all Rs. #onlygonnahaveonegodcard

shimrra

Just out of curiosity, how much do you get if you sell this to Baba? I have no chance in getting Buuhan so I was thinking about stocking up on Baba points.

Cruxist

Come to Japan, the land of mana and dragon stones. I'm entirely F2P, and I have Super Vegito, SSJ3 Gotenks, Phy Broly, Int Future Trunks, and Gogeta. Not to mention all of the other characters to support them like FP Frieza, Vegito, Future Gohan, SSG Goku , etc etc...

rsniper59

Neo Member
Only those characters with Wall Standing Tall links, or Buus, do good damage. You don't deactivate his defenses so other characters do normal damage.

Thanks very much for pointing that out. I finally figured out the full Buu team that would work against the Ult. Gohan battle because of that clarity! Just ran through it, and while it took awhile to put him down finally, I was never in any real danger after using a couple of support items.

Team ran as follows:
AGL Kid Buu Lead for HP gains
Buuhan (only SA level 2 at the moment)
INT Buu (Piccolo)
PHY Majin Buu (Good) - Badass tank
PHY Buu (Pure Evil) - Meh, decent for links and reasonable tanking
STR Boujack, might switch out for PHY Cell or INT Mr. Buu
Friend SV - Additional tanking

I wish I had a Sealer in this group, but it tanked the damage so well and healed enough that I didn't seem to need one.

Tamanon

Banned
TEQ Bardock going Ape mode is great fun in the SSJ3 Goku fight. Basically just soaks up all the attacks and keeps the HP bar ahead of schedule.

Kitoro

TEQ Bardock going Ape mode is great fun in the SSJ3 Goku fight. Basically just soaks up all the attacks and keeps the HP bar ahead of schedule.

Yeah, I'm going to have a hard time replacing my Ape Vegeta for my AGL team, since it's way too fun having that element of surprise kick in.

Yeah, I'm going to have a hard time replacing my Ape Vegeta for my AGL team, since it's way too fun having that element of surprise kick in.

Its really if you want to super consistently. If you don't wanna bother with that then keep Apegeta. He has really good stats so its not like you are hurting to leave him on your team. Also 6ki isn't impossible to get so not too much of a demerit.

Kitoro

Its really if you want to super consistently. If you don't wanna bother with that then keep Apegeta. He has really good stats so its not like you are hurting to leave him on your team. Also 6ki isn't impossible to get so not too much of a demerit.

Yeah, it's very rare that I don't have all 3 allies Super on every turn as-is.

chrono01

skIoWxMl.png
vnl5YMql.png

these xmas - new year events been productive as fuck
Yeah, this event has been great.

I pulled both Super Vegito and Godtenks on the Christmas banner. I Dokkan Awakened both, as well as SSJ3 Goku (STR) I had from a while back. I'm working on SSJ3 Vegeta (TEQ) now, which I should finish today. Lots of work done, that's for sure.

Edit: I also Dokkan Awakened AGL Gohan, but I already had the medals for him when I grinded his event back when it was bugged.

Kitoro

I'm starting to think ahead and wonder if I want to aim for Rose Black Goku or SSB Vegito when they come along.

Rose Black Goku can obviously slot into my AGL team nicely, but my AGL team is solid as-is. I also don't have many good Extreme units to take advantage of his leader skill.

On the flip-side, I can set up a pretty killer Super team:

SSB Vegito (LS/Counter)
Super Vegito (Counter)
SSBKK Goku (Nuker)
Super Gogeta (Nuker)
SS3 STR Vegeta (High Stunner)
SS PHY Bardock (Super Sealer)
SSB Vegito Friend (LS/Counter)

I don't think it gets much better than that, does it?

Durden77

As far as TURs I have Dokkaned...

SSJ3 Goku
AGL Ultimate Gohan
Super Vegito
INT Vegito
TEQ Vegito
Gogeta

So yeah, this has been a great couple of weeks.

Also, snagged the 2 Elder Kais from the GT event and decided fuck it and to farm Rildo. Really glad I have, because I don't wanna jinx it but does this guy have a 100% drop rate or something? I'm at 8 in a row right now.

Meneses

Also, snagged the 2 Elder Kais from the GT event and decided fuck it and to farm Rildo. Really glad I have, because I don't wanna jinx it but does this guy have a 100% drop rate or something? I'm at 8 in a row right now.

I did the same last week and yeah, if it's not 100% it's pretty close, I think I got a drop every time.

40 runs and only 2 STR Buuhans to show for it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Its a freaking SR anyways and the chance to upgrade INT Buuhan's SA isn't 100% is it?

Arrrammis

40 runs and only 2 STR Buuhans to show for it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Its a freaking SR anyways and the chance to upgrade INT Buuhan's SA isn't 100% is it?

With STR Buuhan awakened, It's 50% assuming you haven't already awakened INT Buuhan from SSR to UR. If you've already awakened INT Buuhan to UR, it's 5% IIRC.

Ferga

If you're able to put a Omega Shenron+Buuhan in a rainbow extreme team, you're basically unkillable from what I've seen

linkent

With STR Buuhan awakened, It's 50% assuming you haven't already awakened INT Buuhan from SSR to UR. If you've already awakened INT Buuhan to UR, it's 5% IIRC.
Awakening doesnt change the chance.
So still 50% at UR.
After Dokkan tho, it will become 5% at TUR.

100 stages clear achievement up.
6 Buuhan, which game me 5 skill up >.>
Fed 3+3
Really unlucky with the drop
Got lucky with the 50% which is better lol.

I'm starting to think ahead and wonder if I want to aim for Rose Black Goku or SSB Vegito when they come along.

Rose Black Goku can obviously slot into my AGL team nicely, but my AGL team is solid as-is. I also don't have many good Extreme units to take advantage of his leader skill.

On the flip-side, I can set up a pretty killer Super team:

SSB Vegito (LS/Counter)
Super Vegito (Counter)
SSBKK Goku (Nuker)
Super Gogeta (Nuker)
SS3 STR Vegeta (High Stunner)
SS PHY Bardock (Super Sealer)
SSB Vegito Friend (LS/Counter)

I don't think it gets much better than that, does it?

Have similar team if we pull SSB Vegito or God Trunks
Replacing Bardock with PHY Gotenks who should link better with the fusions
Really hope to get SSJ3 Vegeta one day, he is also a great blocker.
Gonna swap him to Godtenks as nuker.
PHY SSB Vegito (Block/DPS)
AGI SSBKK Goku (DPS)
AGI SSJ Vegito (Block)
PHY SSJ Gotenks (Sealer)
STR SSJ Gogeta (DPS)
TEQ SSJ3 Godtenks (DPS)
INT God Trunks (DPS)

I am drooling looking at this team.

It annoys me that Black Rose is so powerful as a support unit and the hero side doesn't have an equal in that regard. His passive is super dumb. He took SSJ3 AGL Goku's passive without that dumb turn restriction and added ki to everyone evil to boot.

SV is broken cause he has damage reduction into counter but he supports only himself with his passive.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I love about the game that there is no limit how much Items you can hold - at least so far. Also just awakened my first unit - Vegito SSR to UR. Pretty nice - farming those Grandpa Gohan medals took some time.

Guess next on the list will be Gogeta - but those Roshi Medals...well it will take a while.

This also happened....wtf such a cool effect hah. Didnt know about it and got incredible hyped when it went down lol. Is he the only unit with a possible Ape transformation ?

Right now im still farming the DBGT Event fruits to purchase the Kais and the other Awakening Medals. Once im done with that i would like to get the GT Event Gohan....is it worth it ? Seems like a good free AGL unit and you can earn 6 Dragonstones as well. Will i have all the medals for his AGL SSR evolution if i clear all stages once and get the missions rewards or is there more farming needed ? Just need to gauge how much time i will need to get him before the stage is gone.
Ahh OK if you are leveling up after a few runs then it doesn't quite matter. Ox King is an item that reduces damage by 25% for all enemies for 1 turn. He is the one damage reduction item you should have the most of and is good for getting out of a sticky situation involving supers if you don't wanna use the Baba or Pilaf items.

The reward I'm talking about is the special missions section. 300 missions in the event period gives you roughly 40 dragon stones in total. The farming you are doing is helping. Once you get over 100 missions does it become time consuming.

The fruits can give you 10 grandpa Gohan medals so go for that and awaken that SV. Check the treasures again with all the awakening medals.

Forget the Strike characters for now since they always come back per day.

Bamco should really make the Daily reward a permanent thing. 3 missions for 1 Dragon Stone? Hell yeah that should be a regular!

Thanks man,

i will skip the Strike events for now then. Seems to be better to try to get the DBGT/Gohan SSR units since they are rarer (?). Thanks for the King OX tip - this items will be very helpful with Gogeta...i dont know the english names of many DB side charachters so i was like...King Ox ? lol

That GT TEQ Goku from the Blackstar Saga looks good too ...but i dont think i can get him and AGL Gohan before the event end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom