• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
img_02921satu.png

... ugh ...

Cruxist

... ugh ...

This stupid event has some of the best luck with supers. I deal, I play it safe, and then the one time I don't pop a baba he supers and wrecks me. Only 2 more times though, thank god. Can't wait to use Trunks as my leader.

What happened to the Universe 6 event? It says on the new it should have started yesterday but I can't find it anywhere.

I love about the game that there is no limit how much Items you can hold - at least so far. Also just awakened my first unit - Vegito SSR to UR. Pretty nice - farming those Grandpa Gohan medals took some time.

Guess next on the list will be Gogeta - but those Roshi Medals...well it will take a while.

By the way that's half awakened. You've still to awaken him fully. IMO you should do 10 runs of the Gogeta Dokkan event. It's not hard with SV and when it goes it might not be back until near spring. It took a few months to cycle round again last time and with more units coming it's less likely to appear. At least that way you can have the 10 medals ready to fully awaken him. You can probably buy the needed Roshi in Baba's store btw.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How many hours until the Maintenance ?

By the way that's half awakened. You've still to awaken him fully. IMO you should do 10 runs of the Gogeta Dokkan event. It's not hard with SV and when it goes it might not be back until near spring. It took a few months to cycle round again last time and with more units coming it's less likely to appear. At least that way you can have the 10 medals ready to fully awaken him. You can probably buy the needed Roshi in Baba's store btw.
Thanks.
I have to check Baba again - havent had much luck when it comes to those Awakening medals with her.

Is the Gogeta event up right now ? Im playing the Global version btw - i think its the second or third time someone told me i should run Gogeta event for Dokkan medals...but the event isnt up for me lol. If it comes back ill try to get them...from what Chrono said i should Dokkan Gogeta first...Vegito might take a while until im ready to get those medals iirc.

Thats such a cool implementation - i completely forgot that Saiyans can transform into Apes...so seeing this ingame was an amazing throwback.

It's after the maintenance tonight. It was originally scheduled for 10PM PST today. Just a couple hours late.

Awesome! I really need those extra stones to burn on singles for R units instead of SSBKK.

How many hours until the Maintenance ?

Thanks.
I have to check Baba again - havent had much luck when it comes to those Awakening medals with her.

Is the Gogeta event up right now ? Im playing the Global version btw - i think its the second or third time someone told me i should run Gogeta event for Dokkan medals...but the event isnt up for me lol. If it comes back ill try to get them...from what Chrono said i should Dokkan Gogeta first...Vegito might take a while until im ready to get those medals iirc.

Thats such a cool implementation - i completely forgot that Saiyans can transform into Apes...so seeing this ingame was an amazing throwback.

Ah my mistake. They must have removed them both with the Xmas banner. He would be the easiest to awaken with SV to help plus he has the link required to do damage to SV in his Dokkan. Basically you can Dokkan Gogeta then use a dokkaned friend SV to pair next to him. They will both link in the fight and do the needed damage.

It's not ideal but you can beat SV with just Gogeta fully awakened if you rely on the friend captains and clever item use. For reference, I awakened SV on day 6 of a new account with the same method. It cost me 3 gems in failures but 3 is worth that price IMO.

The better your team the easier it will be, but it's certainly possible with a weaker team since you have SV to block and a unit who could link with a friend SV. Just remember when you see the enemy super, close the app, reload it and prepare yourself for it. It will start the turn again but enemy movements will play out the same.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Finally awakened my AGL Ultimate Gohan! That's two of the TUR characters down (STR SSJ3 Goku being the other). Feels like I'm really getting somewhere with this game!

Items on the list now are increasing the SA for Buuhan, SSJ3 Gotenks, and Ult. Gohan. Buuhan is only 2/10, Gohan 1/10, but at least I've got Gotenks at 8/10 already. Can we have another Santa Roshi event please?

MiTYH

Looking for ideas on who to raise the SA of. I've got two Santa Roshis so far. I've already gotten my Gogeta and Super Vegito to max, so I'll just list my TURs that aren't maxed yet:

- STR Beerus
- AGL SSBKK
- TEQ Cell
- TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta
- PHY Ultimate Gohan
- INT Janemba
- INT Vegito

And of those, I have a duplicate SSJ3 Vegeta and Ultimate Gohan that I'm waiting for the dupe system to use. So I'm leaning towards Gohan. But I've only just awoken him so I haven't really used him much

yogloo

Looking for ideas on who to raise the SA of. I've got two Santa Roshis so far. I've already gotten my Gogeta and Super Vegito to max, so I'll just list my TURs that aren't maxed yet:

- STR Beerus
- AGL SSBKK
- TEQ Cell
- TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta
- PHY Ultimate Gohan
- INT Janemba
- INT Vegito

And of those, I have a duplicate SSJ3 Vegeta and Ultimate Gohan that I'm waiting for the dupe system to use. So I'm leaning towards Gohan. But I've only just awoken him so I haven't really used him much
Str beerus - big no, use the teq sr
Ssbkk - definite yes
Teq cell - used to be the greatest but no longer top tier now
Teq Vegeta - no links, no
Phy ug - no, doesn't link with his God. Agl ug is the better choice now
Int janemba - his main usage is as a blocker, but he will see lots of action because of his utility. He's OK.
Int vegito - he's an int nuker that got outshined by buuhan and rage trunks in a few months. Probably no.

- STR Beerus
- AGL SSBKK
- TEQ Cell
- TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta
- PHY Ultimate Gohan
- INT Janemba
- INT Vegito

SSBKK hits way harder than all of them. Use the Roshis on him.

MiTYH

Thanks all! I'll give these Santas to SSBKK.

You know, as I look at my box and the units I have, I'm very lucky in some respects. But damnit, I just want a good Buu. Any Buu, really. I literally have none. If it weren't for SV I dont know if I could. Golden Frieza too, but that's more waiting for that stupid event to come back.

I've got good AGL units, but an Ultimate Gohan, Buu, or Golden Frieza would just be the best

For LR SSJ Goku I thought the TEQ SSJ Goku from the WT was supposed to up his SA? Is that after we DA him the first time or what because right now it's a 50%

Meneses

For LR SSJ Goku I thought the TEQ SSJ Goku from the WT was supposed to up his SA? Is that after we DA him the first time or what because right now it's a 50%

You can't Dokkan the LR chain Goku at all to get 100% (so, it needs to be the one that drops from the event, the one that looks similar to the one from the World Tournament).

Also, and i'm not sure about this, but I think WT Goku needs to be UR to give 100% chance.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So the dude over on Reddit who usually deals with the Summon Rate threads for summon events has released a Summon Simulator based upon the rates of the banners. Here you can simulate what you may get out of a banner, based on the rates of people actually pulling.

This made me LOL:
"The simulator uses real data from LaughingMan's database to allow folks to fake summon cards to their hearts content. I can verify its accuracy because I just went 1000+ stones without Buuhan on the simulator."

So the dude over on Reddit who usually deals with the Summon Rate threads for summon events has released a Summon Simulator based upon the rates of the banners. Here you can simulate what you may get out of a banner, based on the rates of people actually pulling.

This made me LOL:
"The simulator uses real data from LaughingMan's database to allow folks to fake summon cards to their hearts content. I can verify its accuracy because I just went 1000+ stones without Buuhan on the simulator."

I got Buuhan on my third attempt! I'll never get it on my phone doe...

Durden77

I just used Buuhan for the first time through a friend....made me want that card extremely bad. Those heals though...damn.

Must....hold....stones...

MisterMac

69% of the way through the 300 Quest mission for new years. I've run Stage 1 of an Epic Showdown so many times my eyes are gonna bleed. IT'S ALL FOR YOU BUUHAN

Kirie

This made me LOL:

Took me 1200 stones before pulling SSBKK. Damn.

Going to keep this bookmarked for when I have the itch to pull since I'm trying to save up for future banners and I keep wanting to use stones :( Gotta stay strong!

Edit: 1650 stones until Buuhan showed up lol

MisterMac

I did two summons on that Dokkan Simulator and got INT Trunks on the second one. I'm not touching it ever again. What if I burn my good luck off on a Simulator?! That is an evil program. Luck is a finite resource and I need every last bit of it I've got.

This made me LOL:

Man, fuck this thing. I spent 500+ stones aiming for SSBKK or SSJ3 Goku AGL. I just yolo pulled them both on the first multi on it. My life was better without it.

Just finished watching abridged and friezaS return.

Is super worth watching? I found the battle of gods to be stupid and this super saiyan god stuff equally stupid.

Need new anime to watch

MisterMac

Just finished watching abridged and friezaS return.

Is super worth watching? I found the battle of gods to be stupid and this super saiyan god stuff equally stupid.

Need new anime to watch

Super is weird. The fights aren't great, the powers are out of control. Where it shines is like the fan service moments of interactions between characters. The last arc had one of the worst endings in the history of the series. Catastrophically bad imo

Durden77

Took me 1200 stones before pulling SSBKK. Damn.

Going to keep this bookmarked for when I have the itch to pull since I'm trying to save up for future banners and I keep wanting to use stones :( Gotta stay strong!

Edit: 1650 stones until Buuhan showed up lol

I honestly think it could make it worse. I thought it would help too, but then I got Buuhan on some single summons on it (no matter that it took a while, one time it happened on the first try), and it made me do 5 pulls. Got nothing.

I kinda hate that this thing exists now I think. I think it's evil.

MiTYH

[/I]

Yup, seems accurate. Still bitter about my 100-wasted stones to get only SRs. Took 6 tries on the sim to get an SSR. First Buu (TEQ) on the 7th. Buuhan on the 13th.

Yikes.

Kirie

I honestly think it could make it worse. I thought it would help too, but then I got Buuhan on some single summons on it (no matter that it took a while, one time it happened on the first try), and it made me do 5 pulls. Got nothing.

I kinda hate that this thing exists now I think. I think it's evil.

Oh damn, it had the opposite effect on me lol, maybe because my 'pulls' in it were god awful. >_> I should probably quit while I'm ahead in that case

That simulation is gonna be good when I'm tempted to pull and use it and see all those Rs and change my mind to use the stones.

It took 1200 stones to get SSBKK on the simulation so lol!

90 missions completed and another 210 to go. God this will be annoying.

That sucks. Mine was:

XD

I hate you. Also, hide dat info up top M8. Wouldn't want your account to be stolen by lurkers.

That simulation is gonna be good when I'm tempted to pull and use it and see all those Rs and change my mind to use the stones.

It took 1200 stones to get SSBKK on the simulation so lol!

90 missions completed and another 210 to go. God this will be annoying.
Not gonna bother with that. Getting 2 Rs with those stones ain't worth it.

Aiii

So not worth it

This made me LOL:

I have issues with this simulator as it doesn't accurately simulate my feeling of regret after spending money on a shit pull.

Farmed 10 stones and got a Bye Goku..... freaking INT SSG Goku. Worst of the SSGs and not one I needed at all. Wish so bad it was Buuhan or Janemba.

If you had farmed the necessary medals already, you can dokkan Future Gohan and TEQ/PHY/AGL SSJ2 Goku now. The event for those medals should come back on the 11th.

No Future Gohan, but it'll be nice to dokkan all my SSJ2s, especially AGL since he gives +3 ki to all allies now in his passive. :D

linkent

Wtf the achievement kid buu suddenly all gone.
Didnt know they have claim period.
Noooooooo

Which stage drop ssj2 medals? Turles?

Universe 6 saga up, go get your freebie items

Also don't pull on the banner it sucks

Yeah what the hell? They give us this after a banner with SSBKK and two SSJ3's featured, while we also just had SV, Godtenks and Gogeta. This banner is quite literally trash and the elder kai is just there to bait people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom