• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in with that team, using Super Vegeta for his +2 Ki passive, but I barely scraped through. Ended up getting to the second TEQ form and I only won because I got a lucky stun from Whis' super attack at the last moment.
Items I took were Ghost Usher, Baba, Senzu Bean and Dende. Ended up using every single item I had.
His INT form just utterly takes the piss regenerating 400,000 Health twice. How the hell can you possibly defeat him before even getting to that stage? I don't see how that's remotely possible.

Am I supposed to just use both of my Ghost Ushers on his INT form and it then bypasses his regeneration attempts? If he didn't regenerate I would've been able to take him out before he got to the first TEQ form I think.

You mention keeping Super Vegito's on different turns too. How do I do that? Is the order you get not random?

How much damage are you doing to buutenks? Your team should be killing him easily. Make sure SV is blocking buu the most and counter attacking appropiately.

I should clairify some things.

Here is your team. Team members 1-7

Turn 1 is team members 1 2 3
Turn 2 is team members 4 5 6
Turn 3 is team members 7 1 2
Turn 4 is team members 3 4 5
Turn 5 is team members 7 1 6

So on as 3rd position gets rotated around.

Get the damage reduction items and let buuhan attack you. Princess snake or #8 item lets you heal and block damage at the same time.

Replace Kaioken Goku with ssj2 vegeta. Forgot that Kaio Ken attack resets between forms and he doesn't get attack boosts from ssj links.

MiTYH

Oh man, between getting the Buuhan, UGohan medals and Cabba drops, I'm only at 90/300 stages. I know the event's here until 1/15, but I can already guess that I'll probably going to have to spend a stone to get to 300.

Cabba's at SA9 still, then need to get the medals... yeah

So I played this game for 6 months when it came out then picked it up again 3 months ago and I just figured this out 2 weeks ago. Saved my ass so many times in the last few events.

I don't know how you guys are wreakimg Buu. SV has supered each turn except once. I've placed him the area to get most counters too. Both my SV and Friend SV are SA10 and at the start of Buccilo phase he still has two bars...

MiTYH

I don't know how you guys are wreakimg Buu. SV has supered each turn except once. I've placed him the area to get most counters too. Both my SV and Friend SV are SA10 and at the start of Buccilo phase he still has two bars...

Post your AGL units. I went in with double SV and AGL links that grant Ki up. Made it super easy to KO Buu either in that STR stage or the one right after (I had PHY U.Gohan which helped link and disable the healing)

Post your AGL units. I went in with double SV and AGL links that grant Ki up. Made it super easy to KO Buu either in that STR stage or the one right after (I had PHY U.Gohan which helped link and disable the healing)
These are my units:
My UR AGL consists of:
TUR Kid Buu
UR SSG Goku
TUR SV
TUR SSJ Goku(Leaping Ever Higher)
UR SSJ2 Gohan
UR SSBSS Goku(A God Evolved)
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSJ Goku(All-Our Charge)
UR Whis
UR Goku(Monumental Dreams)
Then I have a few SSRs that I haven't Awoken yet which are
SSR Baby Vegeta
SSR SSJ Trunks(GT)
SSR SSJ Gohan(Teen) the family one
SSR SSJ2 Vegeta
SSR Goku(GT)
SSR SSJ Goku (Supreme Warrior Awakened)
And I did this build

You got it easy too. Anything with SV + 5 other URs makes the game easy. Just use items at the right times when the situation calls for it.

Lead: TUR SV
TUR SSJ Goku Leaping higher or UR All out charge. (The former has higher stats while the latter is more support unit with better links and passive)
UR SSBSS Goku (why didn't you awaken him to TUR from SSBKK event?)
UR Whis
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSG Goku

If I were you, I'd awaken that AGL SSJ Trunks (GT) and replace SSJ2 Goku AGL with him. Trunks's passive gives +10 per ki orb to his attack and that can add up and he has PBF while SSJ2 Goku doesn't.
I beat him after using both senzus, babas, ushers and a Yama and with my second unit on the last turn of his PHY stage

32012624456_0440974f3b_z.jpg

SSBKK SA10 putting in dat work. Can usually kill him in the Buucolo phase as well. Did it a few times in the STR phase as well thanks to dat RNG positioning and SV countering.

Just use babas in the first form then keep some ushers available for the Buucolo form.

MiTYH

These are my units:

And I did this build

I beat him after using both senzus, babas, ushers and a Yama and with my second unit on the last turn of his PHY stage

Hm, alright missed that post earlier. Well like I said, I couldn't beat him in the STR form, but I did a hell of a lot of damage. Babas were the only item I used, maybe a senzu too. The key is using them at the right time. I believe I used them in his first INT stage if he supered, but never in his STR since it could be tanked.

Do you have anything links limit his regen? Once he gets to TEQ, it's hard goings for. Powered Bestowed by God is the link. I brought U.Gohan since he helped block some damage from INT form. And I also spread SV's around to block the most, but also tried to get them on every-other schedule, so I could maximize the blocks.

Meneses

The first phase you should just focus on surviving. That's where my King Yemmas are mostly used, or even an Usher if absolutely necessary.

Buu takes very little damage there, so just focus on getting out alive. Depending on if i'm lucky with SV's counters and Buu not supering much, I take out like one and a half or 2 bars of that first phase.

Then I go all out during STR phase, if i'm lucky I kill him, or if not he ends up with less than one full health bar.

Then the regen phase comes and that's when you need to have the Power Bestowed link. I bring 4 characters with the link to make sure I have the link available every turn: 2 SVs, an Ult Gohan and a TUR normal Vegito. If for some reason I had to switch them around before, I always save one Usher to delay his healing and usually it's enough to finish him off that turn.)

Of course, one time I got super unlucky with supers and orbs and went through 4 phases or something like that and used up all my items.

My team is double SV (maxed SA), Murasaki, SS3 Goku, Ult Gohan, TEQ or INT Vegito, AGL SSG Goku (not the Kaioken version but max SA).

Items Dende, Senzu, King Yemma, Ghost Usher.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So you really can use a specific friend only one time per Day ? That kinda sucks for farming on lower Rank.

Anyone here running SSJ3 Gotenks most of the time ? Im playing with him on a alt account just because his Supers are entertaining lol - i forgot the shit he pull during the the Boo Fight. So add me ( 1090166201) if you have the space.

So one more question about Awakening/Dokkan DB GT Goku from the DB Saga event. Do i need to level up his super with dupes before i awaken/dokkan him or can i do that later as well ?
You have be careful of certain supers too. Some can seal your super attacks if you get hit by them like Buutenk's donut attack before its your turn to attack.

Gotenks and Bardocks are the worst offenders of this.

Thanks, thats good to know. The bosses i have fought so far didnt have such nasty Supers yet.
If you're looking to clear out your boxes, here's a list of SR units to keep from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/sr_tier

Very helpful - thanks.

Do you have Murasaki or PHY SS Bardock / PHY SS Gotenks?
I got Murasaki max lvl but not Z-Awakened(good for strike events).

For Power links I got SV, and both normal Vegito with the TEQ TUR.

Edit: Should I replace two units with Murasaki & TUR Turles? Also I've been using SV friend should I do a SSBKK friend instead?

My team is double SV (maxed SA), Murasaki, SS3 Goku, Ult Gohan, TEQ or INT Vegito, AGL SSG Goku (not the Kaioken version but max SA).

Items Dende, Senzu, King Yemma, Ghost Usher.
Im only missing SSJ3 Goku & ULT Gohan from that list. Which sucks because I got the medals for both of em...

Meneses

Edit: Should I replace two units with Murasaki & TUR Turles? Also I've been using SV friend should I do a SSBKK friend instead?

Im only missing SSJ3 Goku & ULT Gohan from that list. Which sucks because I got the medals for both of em...

SSJ3 Goku can be replaced by another hard hitter. Ult Gohan is there for the Power link and the rare stun but you can also use something else.

I always did 2 SVs for the tanking. I don't know if SSBKK will be more helpful to you or not. Having a sealer is pretty helpful.

@cs_sasuke: always feed the dupes before awakening, they will be 100% if they're the same card. They will become a different character after dokkaning, so the dupes won't count as the same card then and it will reduce the percentage or even completely remove it in some cases.

Wazzy

Banned
Done grinding medals for Buuhan. Now I'm grinding Buu's for his super and he is halfway done. I swear the drop rate is getting worse and worse every time his super goes up 1 lol

Chille

Well I got this dokkan awakened, now to sit and stare at my Buuhan knowing one day I will be able to do his dokkan awakening

C1glqS1XEAAI3EO.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Grats Chille,
hope i can get him as well after GT Goku.
@cs_sasuke: always feed the dupes before awakening, they will be 100% if they're the same card. They will become a different character after dokkaning, so the dupes won't count as the same card then and it will reduce the percentage or even completely remove it in some cases.

Thanks - this means i will have to farm some more GT Goku copies before i Dokkan him. 4 days left and also need to finish the GT Gohan event.

Content is. def. not the issue with this game lol.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Man, is anyone else getting an absolutely horrible rate of Cabba drops? I've run six Z-Hards after the initial pass-through and have yet to get another one to drop. At least I'm building up my stages completed toward the Special Mission.....

MiTYH

Man, is anyone else getting an absolutely horrible rate of Cabba drops? I've run six Z-Hards after the initial pass-through and have yet to get another one to drop. At least I'm building up my stages completed toward the Special Mission.....

I've seen better, and worse. It took me a while of no drops, then I got a double which kind of made up for it.

Working on medals now, Vados is done and had great drop rates (mostly x2 and a few singles).

rsniper59

Neo Member
I've seen better, and worse. It took me a while of no drops, then I got a double which kind of made up for it.

Working on medals now, Vados is done and had great drop rates (mostly x2 and a few singles).

Heh...After complaining, this is literally the same thing that happened to me. Just made a note to come complain on GAF if I'm ever having drop problems. :)

LNBL

Got all 8 in maybe 13 tuns or so

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Unless I'm mistaken, R cards don't have their cost changed when Z-Awakened. So you should be able to awaken him without issue.

Do you have this ugly guy?

wRzUmgQ.png

Meneses

Also had pretty decent Cabba drop rate, including two! double drops. must have taken me like 12 or 13 runs, which is pretty good compared to the usual farming rates.

I was also pretty lucky farming my last 4 Strike Trunks, got them in like 6 or 7 runs.

STR Buu, on the other hand, almost made me give up on maxing Buuhan's SA, but I eventually got it.

Unless I'm mistaken, R cards don't have their cost changed when Z-Awakened. So you should be able to awaken him without issue.

Do you have this ugly guy?

wRzUmgQ.png

SSJ3 Goku can be replaced by another hard hitter. Ult Gohan is there for the Power link and the rare stun but you can also use something else.

I always did 2 SVs for the tanking. I don't know if SSBKK will be more helpful to you or not. Having a sealer is pretty helpful.

I think I might have sold that ugly guy...Also I have SSJ Gotenks but didn't put him on because I'm dumb.

Assuming I didn't sell ugly guy what team do I do?

TUR SV
SSJ PHY Gotenks
UR INT Vegito(or TUR TEQ Vegito?)
TUR INT Turles(for stuns. Or should I do SSG Goku? Or ugly guy?)
UR AGL Trunks(GT)
UR AGL Whis
Friend: SV

Yup sold ugly guy. Someone in this thread told me to do it >=[

Shanlei91

I think I might have sold that ugly guy...Also I have SSJ Gotenks but didn't put him on because I'm dumb.

Assuming I didn't sell ugly guy what team do I do?

TUR SV
SSJ PHY Gotenks
UR INT Vegito(or TUR TEQ Vegito?)
TUR INT Turles(for stuns. Or should I do SSG Goku? Or ugly guy?)
UR AGL Trunks(GT)
UR AGL Whis
Friend: SV

Yup sold ugly guy. Someone in this thread told me to do it >=[

Dang, ugly guy was great on what is normally my Mono AGL team. PHY so he can take INT hits, +4 ki to SV and can counter Buucolo's heal with SV link.

Definitely no TEQ units - a bad turn where Buu hits everyone will mean a forced item use.

SV lead and friend
AGL Whis
SSG Goku
PHY Gotenks
INT Vegito (make sure he's next to SV during the tail end of the STR Buu phase)
Turles or Murasaki. If you can get Turles to super every turn, stick with him. Otherwise Murasaki so you can guarantee that between him and Gotenks Buu's supers are sealed the whole fight. That's where the bulk of his dmg comes from.

hey kibito kai is cool

Great personality but a look only a mother could love.

I think I have all the good cards from this banner now just pulled
C1hDCGAXEAU-hnR.jpg

with a single summon

BUUHAN GET AHAHAHAHAHAH Aaaaaaaa
Edit: AND ANOTHER ONE LELELELELEL
and int UltGohan, this multi pull tho.....

I'm not buying stones, stop you spies!

Congrats to both of you. I got like 2 SRs after like 10+single pulls, so screw buying stones

Dang, ugly guy was great on what is normally my Mono AGL team. PHY so he can take INT hits, +4 ki to SV and can counter Buucolo's heal with SV link.

Definitely no TEQ units - a bad turn where Buu hits everyone will mean a forced item use.

SV lead and friend
AGL Whis
SSG Goku
PHY Gotenks
INT Vegito (make sure he's next to SV during the tail end of the STR Buu phase)
Turles or Murasaki. If you can get Turles to super every turn, stick with him. Otherwise Murasaki so you can guarantee that between him and Gotenks Buu's supers are sealed the whole fight. That's where the bulk of his dmg comes from.

Great personality but a look only a mother could love.

oki. I'm never selling units again, seems that units go from being trash to useful all the time...

Lagamorph

How much damage are you doing to buutenks? Your team should be killing him easily. Make sure SV is blocking buu the most and counter attacking appropiately.

I should clairify some things.

Here is your team. Team members 1-7

So on as 3rd position gets rotated around.

Get the damage reduction items and let buuhan attack you. Princess snake or #8 item lets you heal and block damage at the same time.

Replace Kaioken Goku with ssj2 vegeta. Forgot that Kaio Ken attack resets between forms and he doesn't get attack boosts from ssj links.

Whis only did about 18K damage with a super, Friend SV at Max SA did 91K damage with a super and 62K with a Counter, SSJ2 Goku did 26K damage with a Super, Super Vegeta did 20K damage, my own SV with SA 5 did 60K damage with a super and 63K damage with a counter, SSB Goku did 51K damage with a Super, SSJ2 Vegeta did 21K damage.

By the end of the STR/Buuhanks stage I'd gotten the health bar to about three quarters of the green bar (So 1.75 health bars remaining)

When it got to the INT stage after that I used Ghost Usher in the first and third rounds, but he does a mega regenerate on the second round for 400K.

Here's the team/item combo I took,

I don't understand the team position though. From that as far as I can see then 1 should be Super Vegito, 2 is Whis and 3 is SSB Goku, yet on my first turn the units I got were Super Vegeta, SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta, who I would consider 4, 5 and 6.

I don't understand the team position though. From that as far as I can see then 1 should be Super Vegito, 2 is Whis and 3 is SSB Goku, yet on my first turn the units I got were Super Vegeta, SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta, who I would consider 4, 5 and 6.

Positions are randomized once the fight begins; the order on that screen is meaningless, it just lets you see to make sure you're taking the right team that you want.

First off, kanik you're my new bff. I just wrecked Buu using only one ghost usher. THAT'S IT!

Also, lagamorph, the order of your team box doesn't matter, first turn is always random. What people mean by 1st, 2nd, 3rd position is when you're in battle. First two units will come back in two rounds, 3rd unit comes back in three rounds.

Lagamorph

Ahhhh right.
I just don't understand how I'm supposed to be having an easy time with this team though, unless the assumption is that I have all those characters at SA 10, Most of them are like...SA 1-3. My Super Vegito is only SA 5.

I've got a Murasaki, but he's still just a Level 1 R. Is it worth training him up and awakening him then swapping out one of my units so that I can try sealing Buu's Supers and reduce my item usage?

Meneses

Ahhhh right.
I just don't understand how I'm supposed to be having an easy time with this team though, unless the assumption is that I have all those characters at SA 10, Most of them are like...SA 1-3. My Super Vegito is only SA 5.

I've got a Murasaki, but he's still just a Level 1 R. Is it worth training him up and awakening him then swapping out one of my units so that I can try sealing Buu's Supers and reduce my item usage?

Murasaki is basically Super Vegito's best friend because he'll super very often on a double SV leader team, since he'll only need 6 ki (or less depending on circumstances). And a sealed enemy melts like butter against Super Vegito's counters. Any other sealer is good though, as long as you can get them to super easily.

Shanlei91

First off, kanik you're my new bff. I just wrecked Buu using only one ghost usher. THAT'S IT!

giphy.gif

Gonna put my box again, what team could I use to run Buuhan SUPER? I tried AGL but I failed horribly

http://imgur.com/u19997x

HALP

You gotta dokkan that Turles and SS3 Vegeta when their events come back!

Gogeta lead
SSBKK
PHY SS Gotenks
Ultimate Gohan
Turles
Frieza (purely for blocking when over 50% health)

SV Friend (make sure he's next to Gohan during the tail end of STR Buu phase)

Maybe you can get away with the SSBKK lead and swapping Gogeta for another AGL unit, but I'm not sure you'll have the Ki to super seal or take him down. I feel like near guaranteed stunning / sealing is more important than the additional 50k health.

Okay here's the rule of thumb:
First turn is always a random order of cards
If a card attacks first or second, it will show up again in 2 turns.
If a card attacks 3rd, it will show up again in 3 turns.
So, if your first turn is something like: Super Vegito, Whis, Murasaki, you'll want SV and Murasaki as the first 2 attackers so that they come around more often.
If you have 2 Super Vegitos in one turn, you'll need one of them to attack 3rd so that you can eventually get them to attack in back-to-back turns.

Hmm my apologies. It seems I'm blinded by my team that I forget the others don't have as strong of an AGL team to kill off Buuhan so fast.

If you are using all your items its not a bad thing since thats what the difficulty is supposed to force you to do. I'm trying to think of the most consistent and safe way to beat Buuhan and if you have SV and UR AGL units its honestly the best way to do it and the least resistance. I assume that any God lead except Gotenks would have an easy time for that matter. (until Buuhan goes down forms)

@Chille How is it that my Bye Guys was a INT SSG and you got Janemba and Buuhan who I want so bad! ;_;

Sorry if I mislead you. These super difficulty events are hard. Even with SV its easy to lose if you don't pay attention to supers. Buuhan does over 90k with his super on my AGL units unless I use damage reduction to bring it down to 50kish range. I have died when Buuhan supered me twice in a row and I didn't close the app in time for the 2nd super attempt.

It will take you a longer fight and you have to go through the INT phase but it can be better than trying to survive till TEQ and attempt to kill Buuhan with INT. Unless your team structure can support a Buuhan friend and maybe a good INT lead. Then I recommend that over Mono AGL. The goal would be to survive till TEQ Buu and use friend Buuhan's ability to heal and pray its enough lol.

Ashodin

You gotta dokkan that Turles and SS3 Vegeta when their events come back!

Gogeta lead
SSBKK
PHY SS Gotenks
Ultimate Gohan
Turles
Frieza (purely for blocking when over 50% health)

SV Friend (make sure he's next to Gohan during the tail end of STR Buu phase)

Maybe you can get away with the SSBKK lead and swapping Gogeta for another AGL unit, but I'm not sure you'll have the Ki to super seal or take him down. I feel like near guaranteed stunning / sealing is more important than the additional 50k health.
lemme get back to you when I got the cost space to put all those units in. Sitting at 153 right now. Also SS3 Vegeta is ready for Dokkan, just have to max level him. Also Turles I missed his event and got him after.

Shanlei91

lemme get back to you when I got the cost space to put all those units in. Sitting at 153 right now. Also SS3 Vegeta is ready for Dokkan, just have to max level him. Also Turles I missed his event and got him after.

The struggle is real when team cost is still a thing.

I only mention those two because when awakened Turles' leader is +3 ki so you would be able to swap him in as leader and Gogeta's slot could be filled by another AGL unit for the HP boost. SS3 Vegeta when awakened is a great tank and at 7 turns of 80% reduction he could face tank the parts where Buuhan actually hits hard.

Str SS3 Vegeta is one of the few units I wish I had. :(

Farming SA Buuhans is such a pain with his drop rate...

:|

Started yesterday and wasted two bars for no drops. I totally get why some people Dokkaned him at SA1.

Lagamorph

Finally got the 35 medals to Dokkan my TEQ Kid Buu.

Done the Z-Hard stage 1 about 8 times so far though without a single STR Buu drop though.

why oh why did i not think to start farming Goku and Rildo from the GT event until yesterday

I still need a bunch of medals too. Probably not gonna get everything I need to dokkan them both.

Skii

Okay I did one last pull on the Buuhan banner because of how integral he is to the meta in JP and...

I actually feel bad. I have all god leads in global with a fairly fresh account. I have the same number of god leads on my global and my JP account that I've been using for an entire year. Now I'll save all my stones for Rose/BV.

Burnout on this game is closing in again. Those 500+ stones on nothing but Champa's killed my interest in this account so damn hard. That's like half of the available stones on nothing. Is there any meta breaking content coming on the JPN version that would make a reroll worthwhile again?

Skii

Burnout on this game is closing in again. Those 500+ stones on nothing but Champa's killed my interest in this account so damn hard. That's like half of the available stones on nothing. Is there any meta breaking content coming on the JPN version that would make a reroll worthwhile again?

You spent 500 stones on the tournament banner?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom