• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shit...2/3 through the GT Gohan event i realized you only get STR Gohan but not the AGL version :-/

Ah my mistake. They must have removed them both with the Xmas banner. He would be the easiest to awaken with SV to help plus he has the link required to do damage to SV in his Dokkan. Basically you can Dokkan Gogeta then use a dokkaned friend SV to pair next to him. They will both link in the fight and do the needed damage.

It's not ideal but you can beat SV with just Gogeta fully awakened if you rely on the friend captains and clever item use. For reference, I awakened SV on day 6 of a new account with the same method. It cost me 3 gems in failures but 3 is worth that price IMO.

The better your team the easier it will be, but it's certainly possible with a weaker team since you have SV to block and a unit who could link with a friend SV. Just remember when you see the enemy super, close the app, reload it and prepare yourself for it. It will start the turn again but enemy movements will play out the same.

Yeah thanks - i will try again for Gogeta Medals when the event return. Hope it doesnt take too long.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The mods of the DBZ Dokkan Battle community on reddit made a Summon Simulator of all the currnet banners. Pretty cool

http://www.dbzdokkanstats.com/simulate/

Can confirm, this is accurate.

ByQa4Oh.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you had the foresight and farmed the Future Gohan medals you can dokkan him now. I did have the foresight but those fucking medals never dropped for me.

denebj

Neo Member
I wish I had farmed those medals ahahah I have all the 2 Goku and Gohan that get rebirthed next week. That's going to be fun.

That simulator is pretty cool, it took me 900 stones to pull buuhan (And in 900 stones, there was all the featured card plus like 10 other SSR LOL).
For the Christmas banner , at around 800 stones, I got a drop of SSJ3 Gotenk and SV in the same multi, but the first 4 - 5 multi netted 0 SSR ... Depressing ... If most of the time it takes you that many stones to pull the feature card that's pretty insane.
It took me 600 stones for Buuhan.
Feels like the simulator give you more SSR than in real life though.

I am still waiting for Bamco to release the dokkan of Whis ... It is long overdue, as well as a rebirth of the first STR Goku.

Watching the latest DB Super, I have the feeling that Hit will get a dokkan and will probably be a beast ....

Did FP frieza was featured in the TEQ Frieza banner with Gotenk ? I need the Frieza event to come back, that's the only event I need the medals for the LR Android, I got everything else - Hopefully I can pull 10 of then with my 530k points - Which is going to take forever LOL.

If you had the foresight and farmed the Future Gohan medals you can dokkan him now. I did have the foresight but those fucking medals never dropped for me.
Wait, which Future Gohan? I didn't see him in the Dokkan list, unless it's not released yet? Or I'm blind...

I need all the final medals except Vegito. I can't beat Buu or SSBKK ;(.
I have SV should I just do the Buu event with mono AGL, holding out till his STR phase and go all out?

Meneses

Wait, which Future Gohan? I didn't see him in the Dokkan list, unless it's not released yet? Or I'm blind...

I need all the final medals except Vegito. I can't beat Buu or SSBKK ;(.
I have SV should I just do the Buu event with mono AGL, holding out till his STR phase and go all out?

Yup, that's exactly what I did. Pretty painless in general, just have to survive the first phase and then go crazy.

idonteven

my download keeps saying 19/19... been like that for a good 30 mins

tried all diff internet connections and still nothing

wtf do i do now ?

Close game. Clear cache.

Either that or just close and reopen the app. I find mine rarely updates all in one go. It usually gets stuck at the end and when I reopen it the download is complete already and it just installs it. I don't know why it does that but it's been that way for months now for me.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Man I need TEQ SSJ Bardock real bad. He works so well with LR Goku. Problem is he's not featured on anything good coming up. He'll be on TEQ only banners but I have nearly everything else featured there.

Meneses

It no work :(. I need a AGL Super Sealer. Also I don't have enough AGL/INT "power bestowed by god" cards so he heals like 400k each turn.

Ah yeah, those two things are pretty helpful, especially the link which is pretty much required unless you can really finish him before he even gets to that phase.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ah yeah, those two things are pretty helpful, especially the link which is pretty much required unless you can really finish him before he even gets to that phase.

Nah, I can beat him with my mono AGL team even if he heals 400k 3 times. Not recommended, perhaps, but hardly unbeatable.

Me too dude. Want to see how viable these new cards become in Mono teams :D

I can replace AGL Gotenks with AGL SSJ2 Goku since his passive pretty much means confirmed super with +9ki for everyone on Mono AGL.

Funny how all 3 are so different and support their types so well. AGL has the highest attack followed by TEQ and then PHY. But PHY has better hp and defense than both of them.

Since I only have SV, AGL one is what I need to awaken first.

Are any of Frosts forms worth keeping?

edit: That awkward moment when you fail three SA that have a 50% chance, but succeed with your first 30% on a different unit...

That's Cabba done. Time to farm dem 300 stages. :S

I almost want to try to farm GT dokkanable Gokus to up my AGL GT SSJ Goku way before his rebirth comes in.

So happy I have SS2 AGL Goku. That Dokkan will be amazing on the SV team.

Super Attack: Causes supreme damage to and raises ATK for 3 turns
Passive skill : Unbelievable Speed: Ki +3 for all allies when HP is 99% or below

His links are pretty standard Super Saiyan links but with that passive who cares.

So happy I have SS2 AGL Goku. That Dokkan will be amazing on the SV team.

Super Attack: Causes supreme damage to and raises ATK for 3 turns
Passive skill : Unbelievable Speed: Ki +3 for all allies when HP is 99% or below

His links are pretty standard Super Saiyan links but with that passive who cares.

He doesn't have PFB but it doesn't matter with that passive. Also that Attack for 3 turns can add up quick so thats always nice just like PHY Ultimate Gohan.

Speaking of that, Family Ties link needs reworking so that Gohan and Goten can be added to it.

Lagamorph

Finally awakened INT Ultimate Gohan, so planning on tackling the Majin Buy event tomorrow to start getting medals for my TEQ Kid Buu.
Was planning on the following team, what do you guys think?

Leader - TUR AGL Super Vegito
AGL Golden Freiza
TUR TEQ Vegito
TUR INT Ultimate Gohan
PHY Kibito Kai
STR Super Saiyan God Goku (Fist from the heavens)
Friend - TUR AGL Super Vegito

(All max level, mostly lower Super ATK level though)

Basically all Power bestowed by God links except Frieza and SSG Goku. I do have another character with the link, TUR INT Vegito, but I think TEQ Vegito has a better passive, and I can only take one of them.

The only one I'm not really sure on is SSG Goku really. I was thinking of taking TUR STR SSJ3 Goku, but I think the SSG has better links for this team.

Finally awakened INT Ultimate Gohan, so planning on tackling the Majin Buy event tomorrow to start getting medals for my TEQ Kid Buu.
Was planning on the following team, what do you guys think?

Leader - TUR AGL Super Vegito
AGL Golden Freiza
TUR TEQ Vegito
TUR INT Ultimate Gohan
PHY Kibito Kai
STR Super Saiyan God Goku (Fist from the heavens)
Friend - TUR AGL Super Vegito

(All max level, mostly lower Super ATK level though)

Basically all Power bestowed by God links except Frieza and SSG Goku. I do have another character with the link, TUR INT Vegito, but I think TEQ Vegito has a better passive, and I can only take one of them.

The only one I'm not really sure on is SSG Goku really. I was thinking of taking TUR STR SSJ3 Goku, but I think the SSG has better links for this team.

You don't have 6 AGL units? Just use SV + friend SV and use Ghost Ushers and damage reduction to avoid Buuhan's INT form for 4 runs. You can just outright kill Buutenks since he is STR or even kill the PHY version too.

I don't bother with that with my SV team since I wanna save as many Ghost Ushers as possible and my team is powerful enough to tank the super.

If you are gonna use that team, you are better off using TEQ Vegito as your lead with his leader skill being better for the entire team. Also Kibito Kai is terrible and you should try to get another person thats at least UR.

You don't have 6 AGL units? Just use SV + friend SV and use Ghost Ushers and damage reduction to avoid Buuhan's INT form for 4 runs. You can just outright kill Buutenks since he is STR or even kill the PHY version too.

I don't bother with that with my SV team since I wanna save as many Ghost Ushers as possible and my team is powerful enough to tank the super.

If you are gonna use that team, you are better off using TEQ Vegito as your lead with his leader skill being better for the entire team. Also Kibito Kai is terrible and you should try to get another person thats at least UR.

what team did you use?

Lagamorph

I have more AGL characters yup, have got,

UR Whis
UR Super Saiyan 2 Goku
UR Master Roshi (Max Power)
UR Super Vegeta
UR Goku (Kaioken)
UR Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta
UR Super Saiyan God Goku (A God Evolved)
UR Big Ass Hope Goku

I was just going for the Power Bestowed by God link that the event recommended.
Is there a better team and item combo you'd recommend from those?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Power From God only lessens the healing from the 3rd phase of the fight. If you have a really good AGL team you can potentially just slam him with supers and kill him before he gets to that form

what team did you use?

My personal Mono AGL team is

Lead: SV TUR SA 10
SSJ3 Goku TUR SA 10
SSB Goku TUR SA 10
SSG Goku UR SA10 (where is the dokkan already! ;_;)
Ultimate Gohan TUR SA 8 (have a dupe waiting)
Gotenks UR (soon to be replaced by AGL SSJ2 Goku TUR) SA 4

I have more AGL characters yup, have got,

UR Whis
UR Super Saiyan 2 Goku
UR Master Roshi (Max Power)
UR Super Vegeta
UR Goku (Kaioken)
UR Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta
UR Super Saiyan God Goku (A God Evolved)
UR Big Ass Hope Goku

I was just going for the Power Bestowed by God link that the event recommended.
Is there a better team and item combo you'd recommend from those?

You my friend have got exactly what you need to kill Buuhan easily. Use Baba or Pilaf item to cancel all super attempts or Ushers if you have enough to spare. Or you can spam Icarus/Whis item to reduce all damage for 2 turns per use.

I recommend as a mono AGL team,

TUR SV lead
UR SSG Goku
UR Goku Kaioken
UR Whis
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSJ2 Vegeta or Super Vegeta
Friend: SV SA 10

Keep SVs on different turns, keep Whis next to SV for links, keep Kaioken next to the other SV for links. Swap the other 3 around on the 3rd slot.

Whis auto heals you at low hp so thats a free heal for 1 time.

My UR AGL consists of:
TUR Kid Buu
UR SSG Goku
TUR SV
TUR SSJ Goku(Leaping Ever Higher)
UR SSJ2 Gohan
UR SSBSS Goku(A God Evolved)
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSJ Goku(All-Our Charge)
UR Whis
UR Goku(Monumental Dreams)
Then I have a few SSRs that I haven't Awoken yet which are
SSR Baby Vegeta
SSR SSJ Trunks(GT)
SSR SSJ Gohan(Teen) the family one
SSR SSJ2 Vegeta
SSR Goku(GT)
SSR SSJ Goku (Supreme Warrior Awakened)

Maxim726X

Hey, do we have any idea when/if we're getting those tickets that Japan got a few months back?

Because... I don't want to spend anymore money on this sinkhole. Knowing that's around the corner will provide me a good reason not to.

My UR AGL consists of:
TUR Kid Buu
UR SSG Goku
TUR SV
TUR SSJ Goku(Leaping Ever Higher)
UR SSJ2 Gohan
UR SSBSS Goku(A God Evolved)
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSJ Goku(All-Our Charge)
UR Whis
UR Goku(Monumental Dreams)
Then I have a few SSRs that I haven't Awoken yet which are
SSR Baby Vegeta
SSR SSJ Trunks(GT)
SSR SSJ Gohan(Teen) the family one
SSR SSJ2 Vegeta
SSR Goku(GT)
SSR SSJ Goku (Supreme Warrior Awakened)

You got it easy too. Anything with SV + 5 other URs makes the game easy. Just use items at the right times when the situation calls for it.

Lead: TUR SV
TUR SSJ Goku Leaping higher or UR All out charge. (The former has higher stats while the latter is more support unit with better links and passive)
UR SSBSS Goku (why didn't you awaken him to TUR from SSBKK event?)
UR Whis
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSG Goku

If I were you, I'd awaken that AGL SSJ Trunks (GT) and replace SSJ2 Goku AGL with him. Trunks's passive gives +10 per ki orb to his attack and that can add up and he has PBF while SSJ2 Goku doesn't.

You got it easy too. Anything with SV + 5 other URs makes the game easy. Just use items at the right times when the situation calls for it.

Lead: TUR SV
TUR SSJ Goku Leaping higher or UR All out charge. (The former has higher stats while the latter is more support unit with better links and passive)
UR SSBSS Goku (why didn't you awaken him to TUR from SSBKK event?)
UR Whis
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSG Goku

If I were you, I'd awaken that AGL SSJ Trunks (GT) and replace SSJ2 Goku AGL with him. Trunks's passive gives +10 per ki orb to his attack and that can add up and he has PBF while SSJ2 Goku doesn't.

I didn't TUR SSBSS because I failed at the event. Tried and got my ass handed to me.

Okay I made the team, when my STA refills I'll let you know

In the first few tutorial quests, I got Hit as a guest, he was able to go first and got super right away.
Killed mercenary Tao in 1 hit; thought it was pretty funny to have an assassin 1 shot another assassin.

In the first few tutorial quests, I got Hit as a guest, he was able to go first and got super right away.
Killed mercenary Tao in 1 hit; thought it was pretty funny to have an assassin 1 shot another assassin.

Why can't we get those quests. :( Newbie only missions suck! I could use the stones too.

cw_sasuke

Erm...how do you know when a enemy will use a Special/Super attack instead of a regular one ?

Arrrammis

Erm...how do you know when a enemy will use a Special/Super attack instead of a regular one ?

You don't know ahead of time, but if you force close the app before the damage numbers show up, it will start you back at the beginning of the turn when you reopen, so you have a chance to Ghost Usher/move characters/etc. to take the super.

cw_sasuke

You don't. :(
You wait for it and then freak out and close the game asap.
You don't know ahead of time, but if you force close the app before the damage numbers show up, it will start you back at the beginning of the turn when you reopen, so you have a chance to Ghost Usher/move characters/etc. to take the super.

Wow...thats kinda rough, thought i was just missing a obvious clue. Guess i just need to use Def. support items if i think a potential Super could kill me.

Thanks for the reload trick Aramis...this will help, better than wasting +20 stamina.

Wow...thats kinda rough, thought i was just missing a obvious clue. Guess i just need to use Def. support items if i think a potential Super could kill me.

Thanks for the reload trick Aramis...this will help, better than wasting +20 stamina.

You have be careful of certain supers too. Some can seal your super attacks if you get hit by them like Buutenk's donut attack before its your turn to attack.

Gotenks and Bardocks are the worst offenders of this.

Aiii

So not worth it
I almost bought some stones for another multi-summon on the Buuhan banner, because I want him soooo much, even though the banner is shit.

Then I went to the Summon Simulator and didn't pull him after spending 500 stones. So I headed to the Steam website and used the money to buy Rimworld (and pre-order Urban Empire) instead.

From now on, whenever I feel like wasting money on Dokkan Battle, I feel like this is the right approach. See how little chance of reward there is, and then buy a game on Steam instead.

I almost bought some stones for another multi-summon on the Buuhan banner, because I want him soooo much, even though the banner is shit.

Then I went to the Summon Simulator and didn't pull him after spending 500 stones. So I headed to the Steam website and used the money to buy Rimworld (and pre-order Urban Empire) instead.

From now on, whenever I feel like wasting money on Dokkan Battle, I feel like this is the right approach. See how little chance of reward there is, and then buy a game on Steam instead.

I used the simulator on the U6 banner and laughed at all the Rs I got from that.

Lagamorph

You my friend have got exactly what you need to kill Buuhan easily. Use Baba or Pilaf item to cancel all super attempts or Ushers if you have enough to spare. Or you can spam Icarus/Whis item to reduce all damage for 2 turns per use.

I recommend as a mono AGL team,

TUR SV lead
UR SSG Goku
UR Goku Kaioken
UR Whis
UR SSJ2 Goku
UR SSJ2 Vegeta or Super Vegeta
Friend: SV SA 10

Keep SVs on different turns, keep Whis next to SV for links, keep Kaioken next to the other SV for links. Swap the other 3 around on the 3rd slot.

Whis auto heals you at low hp so thats a free heal for 1 time.

I went in with that team, using Super Vegeta for his +2 Ki passive, but I barely scraped through. Ended up getting to the second TEQ form and I only won because I got a lucky stun from Whis' super attack at the last moment.
Items I took were Ghost Usher, Baba, Senzu Bean and Dende. Ended up using every single item I had.
His INT form just utterly takes the piss regenerating 400,000 Health twice. How the hell can you possibly defeat him before even getting to that stage? I don't see how that's remotely possible.

Am I supposed to just use both of my Ghost Ushers on his INT form and it then bypasses his regeneration attempts? If he didn't regenerate I would've been able to take him out before he got to the first TEQ form I think.

You mention keeping Super Vegito's on different turns too. How do I do that? Is the order you get not random?

linkent

~110 stages cleared.
Max SA Buuhan dokkaned!
Almost 100 of those to get him to max SA.

Now i can finally move to U6/7 event.
At this pace, think we all should be able to clear 300stages.
Ends next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom