• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogloo

What you probably mean is: Everyone who thinks they're smart and hardcore is gonna wait a day because Reddit told them to and the people playing now are just the people going for the WT rewards?
Smarter people wait for 2 days and the smartest people wait till the last hour.

Smarter people wait for 2 days and the smartest people wait till the last hour.

TPvQm7P.gif

MiTYH

What you probably mean is: Everyone who thinks they're smart and hardcore is gonna wait a day because Reddit told them to and the people playing now are just the people going for the WT rewards?

Yeah, this is me. Never been competitive, but I'll grind out my 20 wins, and then keep playing and see how I do. I'm running Mono-SV AGL team, so we'll see how far I can get. I think 10x may be my limit though, we'll see

How's everyone finding the difficulty so far? I'm 2 wins in and am running at 3.5x currently and it's still okay.

Currently at 5x and it's getting harder to OHKO units, but SV's counter still works wonders

EDIT: I take it back. Final round in 5x, a counter from SA 10 SV does not KO Gogeta

Sec0nd

Really not sure what's going on with all the new rules and whatnot. I do know that you get fucking prizes for sneezing, which is awesome. Somehow got enough tickets to do a GSSR pull. Shame it's such a damn sucky banner, but whatever. Got the INT Goku with the saiyan gear which is neat. I just did the 15x which is still relatively easy, some rounds just take for ever. Running a tank heavy 2x SV, AGL Golden Freeza en Janemba means I take very little damage. But if I run into a TEQ team it will mean that round will take 6 hours.

Ashodin

I grinded the Bulma items, so I think Gogeta rainbow team might be my best bet, or I suck it up and do a TEQ team

TFW your whole friends list turns into SSB TEQ Goku

fml

MiTYH

One of these days I'll get lucky with DB Summons:

Pull 1: Rainbow text, Launch
Pull 2: Rainbow text, Launch
Pull 3: Normal, some R Giran dragon thing

1 stone used, starting 7x now. Haven't used an item yet with my SV team, we'll see how long it lasts.

Look at these guys thinking their all INT team can out tank my MV. >:3

It's been nice seeing the CPUs not being able to kill each other outright as well in the prelims. Currently cruising through 20x. Been pretty chill with my team so far.

Man you guys are fast. Only at 2 wins lol. 20 wins in a row is nothing, its the grind afterwards at x20 thats gonna be crazy. Gonna be like Vegeta in the gravity chamber and then come out of it to find out that Goku already passed you up in ranking lol.

BrunoM

At some appointments right no not gonna start

From reason you guys comments not having a SV and the god damn teq biker lead is gonna make things a bit hard for me ..

Fuck lol had the best old WT set up lol
Well guess I'll have to stick to lower dificultes

Will start later when I get home in like 8h hope that's not to late/early fucken confused with this now lol

Tamanon

Banned
Mono-Int is pretty fun in the tourney. All that healing from Buuhan and Buucolo.

Although Mono-Agi with SV and the Healing Whis should also be pretty good.

Who's in your team?

31578299614_6b9e552ea7.jpg

I miss out on the higher cost teams, thus missing out on some points, but I don't have to worry about getting too wrecked without thinking and accidentally ruining my streak. Jaco and Chiaotzu auto stun on their first round, so I usually have two free rounds to set up MV. I should probably change Gotenks for someone more effective really.

yogloo

31578299614_6b9e552ea7.jpg

I miss out on the higher cost teams, thus missing out on some points, but I don't have to worry about getting too wrecked without thinking and accidentally ruining my streak. Jaco and Chiaotzu auto stun on their first round, so I usually have two free rounds to set up MV. I should probably change Gotenks for someone more effective really.
I was planning to do the same thing as you. Lol.

How much point in average do you get at 20x per win? Is your majin Sa 10?

linkent

Yeah, this is me. Never been competitive, but I'll grind out my 20 wins, and then keep playing and see how I do. I'm running Mono-SV AGL team, so we'll see how far I can get. I think 10x may be my limit though, we'll see

Currently at 5x and it's getting harder to OHKO units, but SV's counter still works wonders

EDIT: I take it back. Final round in 5x, a counter from SA 10 SV does not KO Gogeta
At 7x SV still KOCounter non TEQ for me.
Think his orb absorption affect his counter damage.

Seriously need friends list rerolling update.
Kinda screwed when there is no AGI unit when using SV team.

The competition for global rank seem fierce.
Dunno if i can reach top 10k playing so slowly.

MiTYH

At 7x SV still KOCounter non TEQ for me.
Think his orb absorption affect his counter damage.

Seriously need friends list rerolling update.
Kinda screwed when there is no AGI unit when using SV team.

The competition for global rank seem fierce.
Dunno if i can reach top 10k playing so slowly.

Oh yeah? Hunh, didn't think about that. Have to give it a try.

But I'm right there with you on the lack of SV friends, apparently. I wind up taking with Buuhan or Gogeta. Buuhan has the healing, Gogeta has the super effective VS all. Both stink for lack of beginning Ki

MiTYH

I am waiting for all the Americans to wake up first.

Clusters of 300 players.

Cool thanks. Currently 33 in my pool, running 10x. We'll see how things go in the coming days with normal stamina, before I start stoning for this.

Did pull once with the 5-stone maintenance stones. Got a dupe STR SSJ3 Goku. I swear, when we get the dupe system I'll be unstoppable. Already got dupes of PHY Ultimate Gohan, Super Vegito, 2 dupes for the SSJ AGL Gohan, and a few other hard hitters

LNBL

7 in a row so far, gonna try x15 now.

Running this team

SSJ goten is amazing for changing AGL orbs to rainbow orbs. I seem to be missing luck in getting SSB goku to pop up together with MV, but i always get Goten as a backup. As friend i just go with another super vegito for tanking.

MisterMac

Is janemba good enough to tank at 20x?
I'm wondering if I should go with him or gf.

The reddit team building thread highly recommends him. I'd bring both. But if I had to chose I would take Janemba in case GF pops up and your hp isn't high enough for his passive to trigger

5 pods, rainbow text, insta SSJ, SSJ 1, 2 ANNNNNNNDSr Frieza(1st form). Why...WHY?!?! I JUST WANT MV DAMMIT!
Shit local is based on when you start? Rip me. I shoulda started tomorrow...

Can anyone explain this local thing? Is this new? I'm seeing mentions of SSJ3 and Janemba too so I'm guessing I should think about using those guys in my x20 team. Finally got the WT to work for me and it seems improved so far going by the score increase, but the reward looks awful.

Local just groups you with 300 people that have first started the tourney the same time you you have.

5 pods, rainbow text, insta SSJ, SSJ 1, 2 ANNNNNNNDSr Frieza(1st form). Why...WHY?!?! I JUST WANT MV DAMMIT!
Shit local is based on when you start? Rip me. I shoulda started tomorrow...

They've gutted the WT GSSR. You can't get the rising dragon characters from there any more. I got old ass TEQ Vegeta. xD

And nearly every match I've been playing is using the same exact setup as I am, hah.

Meneses

I think this new WT will make it pretty easy for me to stop caring about it.

Shit just takes too long at higher levels. I'll just stick with my 20 wins and that's it.

Well... that's 20 in a row down. Got dupe INT Goku and TEQ Turles from the GSSRs. >__>

Just really in it for LR Piccolo, the DS, and the other SSR Goku anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmm...anything specific i should try to get or aim for a noob on WTT ? Havent started it yet but the description makes it sounds as if one bad move/choice could be you end..lol.

Yeah it has nothing to do with where you're actually located.

Can't decide when I should start this for the best chance at local...

Ah well crap, I started playing this morning because I've been saving up DS to get this Piccolo. Oh well, seems like a lot of people in my group aren't doing much because I'm in top 10 at 7 wins with 2 mil +.

I thought you were supposed to keep your hp from round to round in the WT? I mean I'm not complaining or anything, but I ended a semi final with 50k HP left, and started my final with full (108k) HP. Don't know how that worked, since I have no units that heal.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Bulk of my health loss comes from SSBKK firing his super. He's the MVP of my team though - running a rainbow team with Super Vegito as lead for the added health (which still never drops below 90%). Whenever SSBKK or Turles is out, everyone else supers so it's going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom