• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

Hahahahah f*uck!!! 3 teq units of mine came up. No items besides orb changers and Int cooler does a super i cant avoid :( bye streak

BrunoM

Hahahahah f*uck!!! 3 teq units of mine came up. No items besides orb changers and Int cooler does a super i cant avoid :( bye streak
Fuck that sucks ...

I'm about to start don't have nuke leaders got some god leads ... no SV tho was thinking tuning teq god lead
But not sure about that at all fuck ..

Got to start soon tho I've finish every WT top 2.5K or better
This neww system is gonna fuck me up lol

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I'm 9 consecutive wins in (9 wins total), and I think I'm calling it at x10 difficulty. They way these difficulty increases have played out, I won't be going any higher until I've at least cleared the 20 wins hurdle and then I may experiment with going higher.

Also, pulled my first GSSR - PHY SS Bardock ~_~

LNBL

Fuck that sucks ...

I'm about to start don't have nuke leaders got some god leads ... no SV tho was thinking tuning teq god lead
But not sure about that at all fuck ..

Got to start soon tho I've finish every WT top 2.5K or better
This neww system is gonna fuck me up lol

13 wins puts me on ~3400 atm

So I'm 9 consecutive wins in (9 wins total), and I think I'm calling it at x10 difficulty. They way these difficulty increases have played out, I won't be going any higher until I've at least cleared the 20 wins hurdle and then I may experiment with going higher.

Also, pulled my first GSSR - PHY SS Bardock ~_~

same here. Staying at x5 then after 20 in a row ima go up and see where it takes me.

Edit: One of the guests had a LR Goku at SA 2...why? did he not farm the precious Goku?

Also I love how they found a way to make the qualifiers more annoying. Now I goto go through a maze to get to the enemies and have 0 chance of reaching them in a single roll.

Durden77

So far I've gotten the INT WT Bardock and the great ape kid Goku. Could definitely be worse, I'm glad I at least got one of the decent WT cards. I would prefer giant Piccolo cause that card is the shit but I'm psyched about Kid Goku.

I started the WT around 10:30 AM EST and am playing very slowly because I'm at work and I'm in the 20's in my local at 6 wins in a row. The top 2 are nukers so I'm hopefully gonna be able to settle for around 10th place.

MisterMac

Trash summons for me so far.

Notable Trash:

2x AGL Ape Goku. Yuck. That brings me up to 3 copies
1x STR Gohan with the Kai outfit and Z-Sword. Not great bob.

8 wins in a row thus far. I'm running at x20 ambition. Been cranking the difficulty up as it unlocked. On the bright side my more fun AOE team was easy up til x7. At x10/x20 I need TEQ SSB Goku.

Rank 17168
Rank 29 Local

Rah rah fight the power

Aiii

So not worth it
TEQ SSJ2 Gohan. Makes me happy, my favorite char in all of DB.

Also finally pulled a General Blue. About freaking time.

Arrrammis

I'm grinding x10 pretty well ( SA10 Majin Vegeta and SA5 Broly can one-shot the whole team except for the ones they're weak against), but I don't really want to run the higher difficulties until I hit the 20 win streak just in case

denebj

Neo Member
That tourney is not that bad, probably too long but not too bad for now.
I like the new format.

I am around 9 Million, ranking around the 2000 and rank 3 in my local. I do x20 only and it is pretty easy for my team. 16 streaks completed so far.
I got super 1 time so far by SSJ3 Vegeta , he supered my SSJ3 Vegeta (80% reduce damage), I still took 28k ahahahah I am glad I have Baba's in case of not having a tank in the rotation LOL
Hopefully my local will stay on the slow side so I can get piccolo.

I will probably try to end < 5000, not sure I will have the will to be < 2500 for the extra kai. I will depend on other people.

Do we still have to grind the prelim and retired ? Or does that not work that way anymore ?

MiTYH

I.... think... I'm enjoying WT more. I never was one to grind beyond like 20 or 30 wins. But this format is a lot tougher, making me feel like I'm getting bang for my buck with the stamina. Mono-AGL is thought at 20x, especially when my final opponent was all TEQ, but it works fair enough thanks to SV's counters.

With saved tickets, I had 5 silver SSRs and just pulled THIS BEAUTY. SSR IT Piccolo (clone), new unit for me, seems fun to use, and it was my first "Bye Guys!" pull in ages

EDIT: But man I hate stage 1. Takes for.ev.er.

Maxim726X

Hopefully I can share my dupe by tonight if I stop being lazy and get to my 20 wins lol.

Dupe Super Vegeta, checking in.

Not even a useful dupe...

Anyway, I'm not braving 20 until I get my 20 wins. I'm ~10,000 already without braving out into the cold.

Running my all AOE team:

Xeno, Broly, MajVeg, SS2 Goku (Teq), Super Gogeta (Lead), and SSJ3 Veg (Strength) for tanking.

May try to run a SSB God Teq team with MajVeg... Not sure yet. I can make it through with what I've got now, but I wouldn't mind another blocker.

I guess me SSB Team would be this:

SSB Goku Lead (Teq), MajVeg, Bardock (Teq), SSJ3 Vegeta (STR), Super Vegetto, and Golden Freeza (Agl) as blockers. Would that work?

Durden77

I'm conflicted on what difficulty to do. Just finished x20 for the first time. While it's definitely doable with my mediocre Mono AGL team, it also takes fucking forever. When a tech team comes up it can come close to a fucking hour. So I don't know if it would be worth it to keep doing it, or a lower difficulty where I can get more runs.

Flambe

Alright so I played Dokkan a long time ago, recently started puttering back in (that returning player guaranteed SSR was a smart idea =p) but man I am lost on what to do, what teams are still good, etc. Here's the upper part of my box.

LFqt03c.jpg

bLtY7vD.jpg

pVWqGA6.jpg

And then I made the mistake of seeing what can be Awakened further o.o

So yeah I have some work to do to get back up to speed, would be grateful for any tips or whatnot =]

SnakeEyes

Banned
Awaken your Majin Vegeta now, as the event is actually live for it. He's great.
Seconded, do Majin vegeta right now. Like, drop everything else and make sure you have him awakened!

Yeah I'm done with this shit. Too many majin vegetas and no babas left
Got any of the Pilaf items left? They're the exact same item.

God damn the tournament is rough on oolong stock.
I'm running both INT and TEQ Orb Changer items - I have 950 and 650 respectively. Glad I was stocking up months ago from the baba store ^_^

Flambe

Returning player SSR?

Yeah was something where I logged in 7 days I'd get a gssr ticket, got me that Crusher of Evil SSGSS Goku which seems nifty. Also got Sage of Universe 7 Piccolo from a 10-pull, not sure how decent he is yet.

Majin Vegeta seems to be the thing to go for right now, I should be okay with my roster?

Yeah was something where I logged in 7 days I'd get a gssr ticket, got me that Crusher of Evil SSGSS Goku which seems nifty. Also got Sage of Universe 7 Piccolo from a 10-pull, not sure how decent he is yet.

Majin Vegeta seems to be the thing to go for right now, I should be okay with my roster?
O maybe I should quit for a bit. Ain't getting nothing but SRs lately.
10x isn't giving me any trouble. Not going to move up to 20x until I get the 20 straight wins though.
I'm staying at x5 lol I ain't risking it at all.

My GSSR got me the STR Mystic Gohan.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, fairly certain I'm gonna drop global, I just don't have the patience to grind this game twice, esp. things like a WT twice in a month.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Dang, I was hating on SSBKK before but he's an absolute beast in the WT.

His passive is active in every battle so he acts as a tank and his super one shots nearly everyone.

Man, this tournament is really not fun. I did a few runs last night and somehow managed to get killed on x10 despite beating x20 already. Now I'd have to start all over again on the x20 consecutive wins and it doesn't feel even remotely worth it. Literally all the rewards are now trash, it's slower than ever to beat and feels like an arduous task. I think I'm done with WT. I don't see a reason to go through this when you can't actually get anything worthwhile in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom