• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get so disappointed every time I reach the finals against a TEQ SSB Goku-led team and it turns out to not be the God Rush bonus team now.

Meneses

Same here.

It's nice to get an "easy" GSSR ticket but the summon pool turned to shit so the chances of getting crap are even bigger now.

The stages are longer and slower, everything takes at least twice as long, and the x20 isn't worth the hassle.

I'm definitely on the "use natural stamina to grab the free stones and fuck the rest of the tournament" train.

Well, all GSSRs until possible rank rewards done. Pretty trash, but at least 1 that was new:
Champa, WT Reward Kaioken Goku, WT Reward Turles, WT Reward SS2 Gohan (new).

Damn, Xeno Trunks is weak lol...he's suffering at 5x ambition.

And I got some silver ssr tickets and used them to summon...got Z-sword ultimate gohan. I don't even know anymore you guys.

Arrrammis

3 GSSR's down, Got AGL Beerus, INT SSG Goku, and INT Golden Freeza(dupe). Not bad, I was expecting all dupes based on previous tourneys

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So yeah my local group is great. Only the top two are nuking and 3rd place has almost as many wins as me but with less than half the points. Fourth place has a Hit as their lead.. Good chunk of people outside of the top 10 don't even have dokkan awakened or zawakened characters

God I wish I used some of the SA ups on MV. Freaking annoying when there is a sliver of hp left on the enemy. Sticking to x15 till after I get 20 wins due to the dumb reset I was dealt in the finals.

Nothing feels worse than when you get 3 TEQs and no MV in first turn and your SV is in the 2nd turn. Plus INT are attacking so doubly bad. I think I'll switch out Baba for Usher to be more safe.

You've gotta be kidding me.
I'm in the finals to get my 20th consecutive win. First move, enemy SV supers and does 1k more damage than my hp. Streak over. Yeah I'm not grinding that again.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just lost my 15 win streak. Think I'm done with the WT lol.

You've gotta be kidding me.
I'm in the finals to get my 20th consecutive win. First move, enemy SV supers and does 1k more damage than my hp. Streak over. Yeah I'm not grinding that again.

I was up for my 10th, looked away from the screen and yep.

It also sparked my being done with global comment, though that was brewing for a while. :D

Kyou

it's really annoying to chase around the AI for six turns on these maps. There's no good way to cut them off when you're only getting 1-3 and they're doing 4+ every turn

Yeah new WT is shit. It's not less shit than the old grind, strictly speaking, just shit in a different way. No one thinks this is fun.

Eh, I kinda prefer it. 20 wins instead of 80? Down!

However, not being able to OHKO using AA is annoying. And going up against a TEQ team while being mono AGL is a pain at 5x. I don't even want to imagine it at 10x let alone 20x...might have to rainbow at those points. But the map is shit, I missed out on the final round of qualifiers because the bastard kept running away!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'd easily take the monotonous 80 win grind over an annoying 20 win grind.

You need a good team to compete for more prizes where as before you could get away with whatever if you spend more time.

The prizes became shit anyways.

Only good things are the local rankings, the fact that you get more stones I think, and that you don't have to check dbz space to see what score 10k is.

Kakaroach

Just collected 5 Ssr tickets. Ended up with the teq ss Goku. Pretty disappointing honestly. Hopefully the other SSR I get isn't god awful.

I'm of the same opinion as most of you. This world tourney system is somehow worse than the last one, which I didn't think was possible. I'm just gonna win 20 times each month and call it good.

I'm surprised how many people here don't like the new WT setup. I feel like it's been moving faster, although granted I do have a MV based team that speeds it up a lot. Got really lucky on my GSSR's and got AGL Beerus, INT Goku, and INT Bardock. At +10mil I'm sitting at #3 locally, so as long as I get Piccolo I am happy, which also lessens the grind a lot. I don't feel the need to go much higher than that as long as I stay sub 100 locally, which luckily looks to be the case so far.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I have the ideal WT setup for the most part and I still don't like this format. They changed the GSSR to have a high rate of giving you the old WT rewards so if you're someone like me that's grinded all of the old WT that has these cards already and primarily plays for the GSSR it's a big fuck you.

LR Piccolo is nice but eventually it will be something I'll be done with.

I like the new tournament a lot but I don't like the new prize system.

The WT exclusive summons should just be on a different banner to avoid polluting the main banner. If they fixed that then this would be amazing. You can still get 80 wins at x1 to keep the old tournament style but people willing to grind out the x20 will save extra effort from the sheer amount of points you get in total.

I'm in top 40 for my local group. I have a decent one and I hope to break top 10.

Arrrammis

I actually really, really like the new system. you can get 20 wins at literally any difficulty to get 4 silver GSSR tickets, and you get 1 silver GSSR for a total of 1,000,000 points scored. That's the notable reward you would get for the long 80 win grind, and you can get it in 1/4 of the time. Then you can keep going to get even more rewards and GSSR tickets!

In the old system I would grind and stop once I hit 80 wins/about 15,000,000 points. In the old system, that got me 1 Gold GSSR ticket, a few dragonball pulls, and some dragon stones/items. Now, that same score and 1/4 of the wins gets me 12 Silver GSSR tickets and 1 gold for a total of 3 GSSR pulls (4 of you have 3 silver tickets from earlier), many more dragonball pulls, even more dragon stones than before, and plenty of items. If you're having trouble with the higher multipliers, play at a lower difficulty for the 20 wins, then kick it up for the score farming!

Also, I'd recommend carrying these items if you have enough of each: Senzu bean, Ghost usher, Oolong/Launch/Shu (maybe Fruit of the Tree of Might for prelims- it carries over from one fight to the next), and a ki changing item (I use TEQ for Majin Vegeta, but it depends on your team).

What are those Master's tokens or whatever you get from the local leaderboard rewards?

They're used to dokkan awaken the INT Piccolo you get from local awards. It doesn't say how many you need, but according to the news you also use them to Dokkan the same dokkan'd Piccolo to LR.

I actually really, really like the new system. you can get 20 wins at literally any difficulty to get 4 silver GSSR tickets, and you get 1 silver GSSR for a total of 1,000,000 points scored. That's the notable reward you would get for the long 80 win grind, and you can get it in 1/4 of the time. Then you can keep going to get even more rewards and GSSR tickets!

In the old system I would grind and stop once I hit 80 wins/about 15,000,000 points. In the old system, that got me 1 Gold GSSR ticket, a few dragonball pulls, and some dragon stones/items. Now, that same score and 1/4 of the wins gets me 12 Silver GSSR tickets and 1 gold for a total of 3 GSSR pulls (4 of you have 3 silver tickets from earlier), many more dragonball pulls, even more dragon stones than before, and plenty of items. If you're having trouble with the higher multipliers, play at a lower difficulty for the 20 wins, then kick it up for the score farming!

Also, I'd recommend carrying these items if you have enough of each: Senzu bean, Ghost usher, Oolong/Launch/Shu (maybe Fruit of the Tree of Might for prelims- it carries over from one fight to the next), and a ki changing item (I use TEQ for Majin Vegeta, but it depends on your team).

It's true that you get GSSR tickets a lot easier, but they also gutted the pool. I guess you're not wrong, it's a psychological thing. Like yeah you CAN go 20 wins at x1 difficulty, but people are people and want to push it. Also, I feel like with the old WT, anyone could compete as long as they put in the time and stamina. You'd save some time with AoE units, but the difference wasn't that massive. That simply isn't the case anymore, there's now a clear difference between score ceilings for haves (with awesome nuke AoE teams) and have-nots.

So yeah, if all you want is the 20 wins reward, it's a lot easier. But anyone without a godtier team can forget about getting in the top 10k.

Tamanon

Banned
Even on a team with 90K HP, I was still scared to see a super start.

It was my 20th one in a row, so I still closed the game out of habit and popped an Usher.

freed

finally xeno trunks, how the fu*k i got future gohan medal, playing about 50 times in the last fighters without any drops.

edit :
after refill stamina 5 times, finally medal start to drop, thanks god

SnakeEyes

Banned
Started doing x20 out of curiosity, and it's easy as shit.

My team
- TEQ TUR SSB Goku Leader
- TEQ TUR Majin Vegeta
- TEQ SS Gotenks (awakened Goten)
- STR TUR SS3 Vegeta
- AGL TUR Super Vegito
- TEQ Bardock
- Super Vegito/Majin Vegeta/Gogeta Friend

Items: Senzu Bean, INT Puar, TEQ Oolong, Baba

Currently rank #6800, and Local rank of 50.

Arrrammis

My team
- TEQ TUR Majin Vegeta
- STR TUR SS3 Vegeta
- AGL TUR Super Vegito
- TEQ Bardock

With that team, yeah it must be super easy! The nuke+ Majin Vegeta is insane.

SnakeEyes

Banned
With that team, yeah it must be super easy! The nuke+ Majin Vegeta is insane.
Actually more important to have the blockers (2x SV and SS3 Vegeta). AGL SV does shit-all in the way of damage but boy does he stop incoming damage from multi-stacks of enemies. With SS3 Vegeta his damage is terrible, but his chance to stun is so goddamn high.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

My team
- TEQ TUR Majin Vegeta
- STR TUR SS3 Vegeta
- AGL TUR Super Vegito
- TEQ Bardock

Is the Gotenks better than Int Goku?

No because he is AGL orbs to rainbow vs INT Goku's AGL to INT passive.

Here is my team.

Lead SSB Goku TEQ
SSJ Bardock TEQ
SSJ Majin Vegeta TEQ
SSJ Goku INT
Jaco TEQ
Super Vegito AGL
Friend: Another Majin Vegeta is ideal, SV is the usual choice but SSB if none of them work out.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Orb changes AGL to Rainbow, soooooo maybe?

The BIG thing that people will need to get used to on the 20x difficulty, is the fact that you may not beat a team in one set. When AI fight each other on 20x, it may take like 2+ fights for a team to lose even one character, so it's okay to leave them to fight for a bit if you need to get Ki/Health tiles.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I prefer having color to color orb changers. Right now I'm running two color to rainbow orb changers and they just create giant empty paths of nothing. INT Goku is great even though I have to use an item to change them green, it's better than them being a bunch of rainbows or worse blues.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hmmm thanks everyone.
I've been running a Senzu, but I think that only helps in the prelims; I better switch it before I get a turn 1 all on the first guy with no blockers. :x

chrono01

Man, this tournament...

Every time I hit close to 15 wins in-a-row, I look away for a second only to hear the "Game Over" sound, when my opponent fires of a Super without me noticing, resulting in an instant death. It's not difficult running it at a higher multiplier, just time-consuming. I'm almost tempted to just go back to the default setting just to breeze through and get my 20 wins, then crank it up to 20x for points.

Ugh.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wish I could stop now but I really do want that Goku and I want to make sure I keep my place in local. If I was able to stop now I'd be 30 stones plus from where I started.

insanekyo

Neo Member
I'm having a love hate thing for the new world tournament format. Seems super unfair, at least competitively, if you can't do 20x difficulty. Yet, at the same thing, the prize pool is quite generous compared to past tournaments. Already obtained 2 gssr tickets and pulled WT teq Gohan and WT Teq turtles. No idea if they're good but nice to obtain super rare characters.

Is AGL SSG Goku Absolute Realm of God a good card to max the SA of? He seems to do really good damage when he supers I have a dupe of him(waiting for dupe system) and I got a total of 14 Roshis & Elder Kais. I was saving those for God tier cards but I think RNG knows that and refuses to give me a good card so I can't max its SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom