• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also goddamn whoever has TEQ: SSJ Bardock, SSJ Gotenks, Mv AND SSJ3 GODTENKS!

SSJ%2B3%2BGoten%2Btaunt.gif

I'm guessing on a WT team, right? I've messed with that setup, but it's not ideal. Better to have a stunner on Godtenks spot.

Meneses

I maxed bunny Bulma (not all of them from this WT) and Baba'd a couple + a few of the other Bulma this week.

My only good pull was the last DB one, got me that Giant Piccolo which I didn't have.

All the other pulls (including GSSR) were shit or dupes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This might be the first tournament since the original one where I don't get the guaranteed ticket from ranking.

I'm so unmotivated after dupe city:

d2287lW.jpg

I can do x20 just fine, it just takes a while due to Majin Vegeta only being SA1 and I don't have a nuke combo. Looks like I'd only need to run 3 more tournaments to break into the 10k ranking but I don't want to waste stones on a random Goku and potentially more dupes.

SSJ%2B3%2BGoten%2Btaunt.gif

I'm guessing on a WT team, right? I've messed with that setup, but it's not ideal. Better to have a stunner on Godtenks spot.

You just have a gif for every occasion, don't you :p. It may not be ideal generally, but when I'm using mono AGL it takes forever. SV counter attack does like 30% of their health lol.

I've pulled Bandage Guy literally 4 times this WT. Also Officer Black. Bunny Bulma is my only good pull. Still don't have Murasaki and Blue.

I got a bunch of bunny bulma too I might raise her SA or just sell em for the baba Nappa

God bless anyone doing WT w/o a Majin nuke combo. Would take forever.
That's me :(. I never pulled MV

MiTYH

What's the deal
(with airplane food?)
with facing the same opponents round after round? There's the one guy who, same name and team, I see in almost every prelim and sometimes in a next round too.

What's the deal
(with airplane food?)
with facing the same opponents round after round? There's the one guy who, same name and team, I see in almost every prelim and sometimes in a next round too.

I'm pretty sure they put you into somewhat pre-determined pools of players with similar team cost for the sake of having to not call on the servers constantly.

You just have a gif for every occasion, don't you :p. It may not be ideal generally, but when I'm using mono AGL it takes forever. SV counter attack does like 30% of their health lol.

Yes I do. ^^ And I can imagine what a slog that is. It's annoying enough when there's one INT, haha.

She's gonna get a dokkan so might be worth raising.

ooo oki. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm pretty sure they put you into somewhat pre-determined pools of players with similar team cost for the sake of having to not call on the servers constantly.

Yes I do. ^^ And I can imagine what a slog that is. It's annoying enough when there's one INT, haha.
O look, it GOT MUCH WORSE

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Does anyone know what determines your main/default team? Whenever I fire up the game it shows my Gotenks team in the main menu, and that's the team it defaults to when I start a level but I never actually play that team. It's not in the first team slot either, so I'm not sure why it does this.

Does anyone know what determines your main/default team? Whenever I fire up the game it shows my Gotenks team in the main menu, and that's the team it defaults to when I start a level but I never actually play that team. It's not in the first team slot either, so I'm not sure why it does this.

I'm fairly certain whichever team you edited most recently shows up there.

RNG was nice to me and SV showed up during the perfect moments :D

Meneses

The last team you used in a Story / Event will be your default (I think editing the team does it too), even if you change to a different one in the Tournament. I've been burned a bunch of times because of that, now I tend to be extra careful.

SnakeEyes

Banned
In other news, it just warms my heart when you go to bed and expect a big drop in rank while asleep, only to wake up and find you've only dropped 500 spots. This new format is definitely better :D

In other news, it just warms my heart when you go to bed and expect a big drop in rank while asleep, only to wake up and find you've only dropped 500 spots. This new format is definitely better :D

Actually, perhaps it's worse causing less people to want to play and therefore not drop your rank as severely.

Kyou

Every morning I've been bracing myself and going "Oh."

Me: Okay time to work my way back up in local
*place dropped 3 spots overnight*
Me: ....oh, alright

Arrrammis

Hope no one is trying 20x without a nuke leader. Might be more efficient to do 10x.

I did x10 until I hit 20 wins and now I'm grinding x15 (keeping my win streak for that 1.5x score), I have SA10 Majin Vegeta and SA7 STR Broly, so it's not too bad. Plus, I feel like I'm saving on a lot of orb changing items.

I'm doing x20 with a SV team. It takes a while but isn't too bad, except all of my friends switched from SV to teq nukers :( :( :(
Those full TEQ teams are brutal.

MisterMac

Having gotten to the last day of the new WT I have to say that the new system fucking sucks.

I didn't particularly want to pay attention to this boring ass grind for 5 days. I also dislike how few team variations are viable and how Nuke aoe is so powerful. And it's still basically mindless with the benefit that a lapse in attention has a higher chance of destroying your win streak and also messing up your points for the next few matches due to resetting your victory streak modifier.

The GSSR banner stinks worse than Bacterian's taint. The awakening medal situation for Strike characters is awful. The larger maps and AI that's more likely to run are IMO also downgrades.

The one positive is the overall rewards are better and you can chose to be super casual and eek out your 20wins at 1-5x difficulty and get a GSSR.

Just for context I'm not being salty. I have the Majin Vegeta Nuke set up plus the orb changers needed for it aside from TEQ Bardock and the best tanks and I have over 100 of the Bulma/Turles medals. I just think the grind to rank in this WT is a nightmare because 20x difficulty is even less fun than the old grind and more resource and attention intensive

Nah, you just need to get a team worthy of running x20 ^_^
not my fault the game refuses to give me MV :(
I did x10 until I hit 20 wins and now I'm grinding x15 (keeping my win streak for that 1.5x score), I have SA10 Majin Vegeta and SA7 STR Broly, so it's not too bad. Plus, I feel like I'm saving on a lot of orb changing items.

Ughhh I lost my 1.5x streak because I went in with a trash team for x10. o well, I got my 20 win streak at least. I might start doing x15 now.

LOGIN BONUSES ARE BACK!

There's a stone sale as well. The 32+32 for $16.99 is back up for two times.

Condolences to those who got hit by the UK price rise. :S

EDIT: And ugh, I need the FP Frieza dokkan event to come back already. Aside from these dokkan events, I only need 4 more medals from that group.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Having gotten to the last day of the new WT I have to say that the new system fucking sucks.

I didn't particularly want to pay attention to this boring ass grind for 5 days. I also dislike how few team variations are viable and how Nuke aoe is so powerful. And it's still basically mindless with the benefit that a lapse in attention has a higher chance of destroying your win streak and also messing up your points for the next few matches due to resetting your victory streak modifier.

The GSSR banner stinks worse than Bacterian's taint. The awakening medal situation for Strike characters is awful. The larger maps and AI that's more likely to run are IMO also downgrades.

The one positive is the overall rewards are better and you can chose to be super casual and eek out your 20wins at 1-5x difficulty and get a GSSR.

Just for context I'm not being salty. I have the Majin Vegeta Nuke set up plus the orb changers needed for it aside from TEQ Bardock and the best tanks and I have over 100 of the Bulma/Turles medals. I just think the grind to rank in this WT is a nightmare because 20x difficulty is even less fun than the old grind and more resource and attention intensive
I agree with all of this. The only things I think are good changes are that they show the borders for 5k 10k etc. for rankings and LR Piccolo. Every other good change is negated by something shitty.

I agree with all of this. The only things I think are good changes are that they show the borders for 5k 10k etc. for rankings and LR Piccolo. Every other good change is negated by something shitty.

Yeah I want the old WT back. This one manages to be even more infuriating and basically removed all reason to even bother outside the free stones. The only upside of this is I know to just have at as many free stones as I can be bothered with then don't bother with it from there on. Getting the GSSR feels completely pointless now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hooray, Godtenks event is coming back just in time for me to still have 0 fucking decent INT units and thus no real hope of beating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom