• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this tournament...

Every time I hit close to 15 wins in-a-row, I look away for a second only to hear the "Game Over" sound, when my opponent fires of a Super without me noticing, resulting in an instant death. It's not difficult running it at a higher multiplier, just time-consuming. I'm almost tempted to just go back to the default setting just to breeze through and get my 20 wins, then crank it up to 20x for points.

Ugh.

I basically used my old WT team at x7.0 ambition and using Bulma Buff item to do enough damage. Grabbing a high SA AOE friend when I can to make things easier. I got my 20 wins and now its all about the x20 ambition. That 15 wins happened to me at x20 on win number 10 so I said screw it and got my 20 win prizes. lol

Wish I could stop now but I really do want that Goku and I want to make sure I keep my place in local. If I was able to stop now I'd be 30 stones plus from where I started.

Same, I'm just gonna keep at the x20 grind and let natural stamina take care of the rest. Already sub 10k but if I push I can hit top 5k by tomorrow with about 7 refills depending on how competitive people are at that rank.

I'm having a love hate thing for the new world tournament format. Seems super unfair, at least competitively, if you can't do 20x difficulty. Yet, at the same thing, the prize pool is quite generous compared to past tournaments. Already obtained 2 gssr tickets and pulled WT teq Gohan and WT Teq turtles. No idea if they're good but nice to obtain super rare characters.

I have 4 SSR Silver tickets at the end of it all. The prizes are more generous but they also have a high chance of giving you crap now.

Oh and my pulls in order.

SSB Goku PHY* New. Meh, links well with a PHY team I guess and can nuke good.

SSJ GT Vegeta TEQ* Dupe. Worst pull of them all. Wish it was any other WT reward.

INT Shugesh Ape* New. Lord Shugesh means Omega Shenron is in my future Kappa

______ Waiting for that prize of gold SSR to see what I get for my last pull.

DB pulls were all trash. Have almost 150 silver DB tickets. Might use them soon.

insanekyo

Neo Member
Is AGL SSG Goku Absolute Realm of God a good card to max the SA of? He seems to do really good damage when he supers I have a dupe of him(waiting for dupe system) and I got a total of 14 Roshis & Elder Kais. I was saving those for God tier cards but I think RNG knows that and refuses to give me a good card so I can't max its SA.

Save it for the god leads. We'll eventually get that god lead banner and you can try your luck then.

MisterMac

One or more of the rewards should be an Elder Kai. Desperately need like 4 to make MV hit 5 SA which would make the nuking so much better.

Mine is at Sa4 and even with the Nuke lead has trouble
1HKOing a lot at x20

Edit: Japan Gets 5 Free Stones Everybody Day for a Week after Which they Get 100 free stones or How I learned to stop worrying about Global and DL'd JP to my phone

I already play the global version with the Japanese voices so it's hardly a switch

You know I'm such an idiot. Why take an extra TEQ SSB Goku when I can take friend PHY units like PHY Broly who can get rid of those pesky INT units? lol

x20 suddenly stopped being such a grind.

Stop making mono TEQ teams you're making it harder for my mono AGL team!
bfl2xn2v7vay.png

from reddit xD

In all honesty, I haven't seen a mono team in ages. They've all been the MV nuke teams since I had my 10th win or something. The only variation I get is with the tournament special teams... xD

MiTYH

BAH! Done with this WT. Streak 14, lost, then streak 5, lost. I've already gotten 10k for the GSSR, so I'll just do natural stamina 20x to keep my points active. Should be in the 20-30k overall and top 30-50 locally

Flambe

Whee, as y'all suggested I got Majin Vegeta Awakened! Now to build a TEQ team I guess o_O

Anything else vital to go for right now? For extermination events I could go for Awakening Good Buu, SSJ2 Teq Goku, SSJ Agil Goku.

Or should I go for other junk?

Maaaaan, you can't do the Pan event before AND after reset now. Durnit.

Dammit I feared this when it said 7 days left. This sucks... was hopeing for a free refill tonight.

I think top 5k will be a good place to stop. But if top 2.5k is in reach then I'll do that instead.

Skii

JP giving you 35 stones before 2 year anniversary is so good. Should be up to 150 by the end of this. That's a 3+1 pull right there.

My 2nd GSSR got me PHY SSJ2(GT) Goku. Good pull?

Edit:. God damn RNG hated me in my 19th win...Had to use Baba, Usher, and senzu in semi-finale and an usher in Finale. Luckily I didn't die :D. One more win then I can do x20 and hate life.

MisterMac

I'm kinda bummed the SSJ4s are here. I hope they aren't rainbow god leads that break the meta wide open because honestly I think SSJ4 looks terrible. Especially Vegeta's leather pants.

I lost at 17 wins the first night by accidentally bringing the wrong team. It happened again on my second run but luckily I was only running at 7x to make up my lost wins but to survive the prelims I had to kill two opponents and literally run away from the last guy until time ran out. The rest of the tournament was no problem at though.

Back up to 14 in a row. Just hit 15m points. Rank 12kish. Rank 19 local. I dunno if I will spend stones to chase the top 10k. One more GSSR doesn't seem worth it. The reward Goku sucks. And top 20k still gets me two Elder kais. Plus I need every stone I can get for Rosè

GSSRs: Shitty Kaoshin Outfit Gohan and dupe PHY Bardock

Ashodin

This team I got is awesome:

Gogeta
Golden Frieza
Majin Vegeta
SS3 Vegeta
Chiaotzu
Jaco
Gogeta friend

I just always stun everything and power up Vegeta to blast teams. 10x is a cinch.

Meneses

Finally lost my win streak at 28 because I looked away and a super destroyed me.

All I have left is the 15m and 20m prizes, i'll just use natural stamina to see where it gets me.

I'm at rank 20k overall, i'm not bothering with the 10k grind.

slash3584

Finally lost my win streak at 28 because I looked away and a super destroyed me.

All I have left is the 15m and 20m prizes, i'll just use natural stamina to see where it gets me.

I'm at rank 20k overall, i'm not bothering with the 10k grind.

I'm confused.

I've seen a lot of people saying that they looked away and got ko'ed by a super, is there a way to prevent being Ko'ed if you're paying attention?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm confuse.

I've seen a lot of people saying that they looked away and got ko'ed by a super, is there a way to prevent being Ko'ed if you're paying attention?

Force close the app as soon as the super animation start and reboot, it resets you to the ki selection screen.

linkent

I'm confused.

most of the reason for the game to Gameover is when enemy super and do lots of damage.
when that happened, immediately kill the app, restart the game.
the game will start at the beginning of the battle again.

from here, we can
-use usher(to skip enemy and kill them)
-use baba (to make them not super)
-use defensive item.

work in usual event/quest too.

slash3584

Force close the app as soon as the super animation start and reboot, it resets you to the ki selection screen.

most of the reason for the game to Gameover is when enemy super and do lots of damage.
when that happened, immediately kill the app, restart the game.
the game will start at the beginning of the battle again.

from here, we can
-use usher(to skip enemy and kill them)
-use baba (to make them not super)
-use defensive item.

work in usual event/quest too.

Ohhh.

I've been using ushers and babas whenever a situation seemed dangerous.

Thanks guys!

Rogan

Banned
So I downloaded this last week because of this thread and been playing all week. I'm pretty much done with all the quest stages and current events. Whats next? Create a new account of something?

Tamanon

Banned
Learned my lesson on the Local ranking. Wait a day or two before joining. My main account is at 5 million points and at around a 65 ranking local. My alt account is at 2 million points and at a 34 ranking local.

To get to 50(and the marks needed to dokkan the Piccolo), I'd need 4 million more points right now on my main account. :/

Skii

Those kids on the login banner are going to grow into SSJ4s by the end of the week just you wait

Looks like you're right :(

The worst part is I'll pull on this banner just to get these potentially OP units and I'll end up with SSR Luud or something. I hate GT so much that I'll probably end it all.

denebj

Neo Member
Mu local ranking is not too bad, I am 2 with 29M and the first is at 21M
Then at rank 20 they are around 9M lol

Not sure if I should go for 1st or not.

I pulled 3 tickets, dupe awful Vegeta GT WT, dupe BuffKu and The first TEQ gohan !! I always wanted that card for the art :)

Kakaroach

Well, I got screwed over. I did my usual start a mission in the morning to make sure I don't waste stamina. I come back an hour later and the game doesn't give me an option to return to my mission. There goes my win streak and any desire to play world tournament. Pretty frustrating.

Fuck these WT rates. Like over 9 pulls on the second one and 3 are chappals, two are bacteria guy...

Also goddamn whoever has TEQ: SSJ Bardock, SSJ Gotenks, Mv AND SSJ3 GODTENKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom