• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, maxed out one set of Androids. Took about 120+ multis. Still have about 200+ left, but I wasn't planning on going SA20 this route.

A metric fucktonne of people must have been banned from this WT, because I rose almost 200 spots in the ranking!

Yeah, I went from 839 from when I last checked dbz.space to 739. xD

And maxed out the WT Goku as well. Still had loads of Gokus from the One Piece event.

EDIT: Saw this one on reddit. If you have English voices set, do any summon. It switches from Sean Schemmel's voice to Nozawa's at the last "HA!" It's pretty hilarious.
Free DS for this game breaking glitch pls

EDIT2: Nice, AGL Oozaru Kid Goku and... Champa. At least they're new! ^^

Wazzy

Banned
I went higher then I was expecting with my WT rank lol placed 4th in my local ranking.

Also I'm loving the pull rates in this game now. First multi gave me the new piccolo and then my second gave me the AGL SSR Goten(I really needed him for my mono AGL team) and Godtenks3. Time to do his Dokkan event.

I'm going to try his event with Buuhan, he should make it incredibly easy right? Otherwise I'll just double SV.

I went higher then I was expecting with my WT rank lol placed 4th in my local ranking.

Also I'm loving the pull rates in this game now. First multi gave me the new piccolo and then my second gave me the AGL SSR Goten(I really needed him for my mono AGL team) and Godtenks3. Time to do his Dokkan event.

I'm going to try his event with Buuhan, he should make it incredibly easy right? Otherwise I'll just double SV.

You should be able to cruise through most events with double Buuhan. ^^

Flambe

Damn Gatcha peeps with 3xSSR on a multi and I've spent near 200 stones for not one yet and Beerus is kickin' me butt =s Dark times..

Meneses

I don't think there's ever been any game that riles me up as much as this one.

It's basically months of disappointment and anger due to absolutely shitty pulls and wasted stones / money, and then a random act of kindness from the RNG gods here and there to keep you from crossing that "i'll just delete this shit" line (like when I miraculously got Buuhan on my 3rd single pull).

Fuck most my steak, man

MiTYH

Managed to get TEQ Turles from my GSSR. It's new, so that's all I care about. Decent +3 lead who's a villain, sadly one of my best leads right now for the hero extermination event

All the DB ones were trash though

And FP rainbow text got me my second set of androids. Hope this luck continues. I'm missing a lot of medals for events that aren't here, so plan is to stock up and get them to SA10. That's easy, right? Ha

MisterMac

I got STR SSJ Kid Goku from my last GSSR and just sold him to Baba. My main account is basically trash right now and it's deeply frustrating. I've got Super Vegito but every other AGL on my team besides Kid Buu or when I use him Ape Goku is from Baba's shop or events. Super Vegito, Ape Kid Goku, and Kid Buu are the only AGL SRRs I've summoned

I have such a smattering of great units from every color, from Janemba to SSJ3 Vegeta(Multiple copies of TEQ AND STR!). Even my PHY team isn't half bad. The SSJR Goku Black banner is my last hurrah. If I can't pull Buuhan or Rose from that Banner I'm just about done.

Meanwhile a reroll I have been casually playing from XMAS has Gogeta, Super Vegito, Godtenks, and PHY Super Gotenks. If I get Vegito Blue and INT Trunks that will absolutely be my new main.

MisterMac

What deck are people using for mono AGL against GF? I very barely made it through and I'm wondering what I should adjust since I've got a good few options I could add in.

It only counts down on his attack turn.

I brought the worst AGL team ever and was able to beat him pretty handily. I would say bring Murasaki and a purple blocker like Android 16 or preferable Janemba and you should be fine. Sealing his supers was key for me.

Ashodin

Yeah I need AGI seal too.

I'm absolutely thrashing Beerus with Buuhan. I'll have my TEQ Beerus and my fresh STR Beerus dokkan'd for sure!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
At least Oceanus should come to the friend summon when Omega Shenron drops

I got a half-decent Str unit from my last GSSR pull (GT SS Goku) so I'm thinking I should probably be saving stones and crossing my fingers for the Omega Shenron banner. I'd at least be able to a field a full base SSR str team (including Gogeta), which I can't yet do for my agi or teq.

Speaking of STR units - Since I have the Str SSR Teen Gohan that is getting a Dokkan, I should be farming cell medals right? It apparently takes 35? Geez.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wtf happened this tournament?

Last day I'm a little over 10k rank in the morning, using only one stone I make it to 8k and go to sleep with one hour left. This morning I find out I ranked around 6500. Massive ranking lag or just that many people got banned?

Pulled AGL Beerus with my ticket. I was bummed at getting Int Bardock twice from the previous tickets but he's a great replacement for my previous sealer on my Int team.

I brought the worst AGL team ever and was able to beat him pretty handily. I would say bring Murasaki and a purple blocker like Android 16 or preferable Janemba and you should be fine. Sealing his supers was key for me.

Ah ok I think I'll try with Janemba too next time then. Would Murasaki be the better choice over Whis? It's just I never seem to be able to get Murasaki to super. I'd considered bringing AGL GF too but dunno if it would be worth the damage tradeoff.

I'd been bringing Gogeta too as a damage dealer for the TEQ stage but starting to wonder if that's the right move. I DO have a good amount of blockers if that's best to focus on but that TEQ stage takes so long without someone to break into higher damage figures.

Shanlei91

Ah ok I think I'll try with Janemba too next time then. Would Murasaki be the better choice over Whis? It's just I never seem to be able to get Murasaki to super. I'd considered bringing AGL GF too but dunno if it would be worth the damage tradeoff.

I'd been bringing Gogeta too as a damage dealer for the TEQ stage but starting to wonder if that's the right move. I DO have a good amount of blockers if that's best to focus on but that TEQ stage takes so long without someone to break into higher damage figures.

I like Gogeta for pairing with SV. When I did AGL team I took:

SV
Murasaki
Ultimate Gohan
SSBKK
Gogeta
Frieza

You could easily swap out Frieza for Janemba. I focused on Murasaki getting the orbs he needs above all else.

Ahhh shit, just pulled my 11th Android... do I follow the dark path of getting a second set of medals? >__>

6DxdtJo.jpg

I've pulled 5 of the 17&18 cards in 75 multis. It started really bad, but picked up.

Also, damn, lots of cheaters this time. I ended the WT scared I wouldn't be in top 50k (was at 49k), and now it says I ended at 44K. Sweet.

Lagamorph

I got the 17 and 18 card on my first friend multi pull. They seem to have a half decent drop rate in global.

Working on Frieza medals for my INT and AGL Golden Friezas, using a mono AGL team with dual Super Vegito leads and going well so far. Awoken my INT Frieza so far, holding off on the AGL one since I'm totally out of high level AGL training items.
Once Frieza is done I'll need to get onto Cell so I can awaken my INT Perfect Cell, then 2 more for the Androids.

For the Gotenks event though, what kind of team is best? Would a mono AGL team stand a chance? I don't have the TEQ Gotenks card but I do have the Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks cards I'd like to awaken.

I got the 17 and 18 card on my first friend multi pull. They seem to have a half decent drop rate in global.

Working on Frieza medals for my INT and AGL Golden Friezas, using a mono AGL team with dual Super Vegito leads and going well so far. Awoken my INT Frieza so far, holding off on the AGL one since I'm totally out of high level AGL training items.
Once Frieza is done I'll need to get onto Cell so I can awaken my INT Perfect Cell, then 2 more for the Androids.

For the Gotenks event though, what kind of team is best? Would a mono AGL team stand a chance? I don't have the TEQ Gotenks card but I do have the Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks cards I'd like to awaken.

Mono AGL works fine. Bring ghost ushers just in case RNG isn't on your side and TEQ SS3 Gotenks appears too much. I get lucky and it's mostly the STR guy throughout the fight.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I need so many god damn Grandpa Gohan medals and I'm lucky to get 2 per run from the agi awakening stage (hard is best for bronze capsules, afaik)

Lagamorph

Mono AGL works fine. Bring ghost ushers just in case RNG isn't on your side and TEQ SS3 Gotenks appears too much. I get lucky and it's mostly the STR guy throughout the fight.
I'm down to about 30 ghost ushers with a few Frieza runs and my Cell runs to go....
Is there any decent place to try and farm them?

MisterMac

I would take Whis too, if the Stun fires thats amazing and his free senzu is always nice. Plus Shocking Speed

I used:

Super Vegito
Baby Vegito
Janemba
Murasaki
Whis
Starter SSJ Goku
Vegito

And lit him up. Starter Goku is good to keep with Murasaki on account of the +2 Ki passive so as long as you are over 100%. And Janemba greatly lowers his defense so Vegito's counters will hit even harder. Plus since Janemba shares Shocking Speed with Whis and the Vegitos he should super quite frequently.

I'm down to about 30 ghost ushers with a few Frieza runs and my Cell runs to go....
Is there any decent place to try and farm them?

Bulma's battle prep is the only great spot to farm items but it's random what you get in the gold capsule. The Future of Despair event around now has a lot of gold capsules but I seem to get Senzu most of the time.

Anoregon

Would it be worth replacing one of my weaker agi units (like the dokkan'd great saiyaman) on my super vegito team with a non-agi unit like phys bardock just for the super seal? It's something I'm thinking of trying for the gotenks event.

Shanlei91

Would it be worth replacing one of my weaker agi units (like the dokkan'd great saiyaman) on my super vegito team with a non-agi unit like phys bardock just for the super seal? It's something I'm thinking of trying for the gotenks event.

I did something like that before I got Murasaki. Made sure I had him sitting next to someone with Prepared for Battle the whole time, with someone else with PfB rotating every turn so he has at least 4 ki.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Is anyone else having issues with the Evil Strikes Back event? Trying to do level 22 for Trunks medals. Team is all Extreme types but I can't access the event, everyone has the triangles over them.

Ahhh shit, just pulled my 11th Android... do I follow the dark path of getting a second set of medals? >__>
I got 15 and only doing 10. Hell no to farming x2 medals.

Edit:
Is anyone else having issues with the Evil Strikes Back event? Trying to do level 22 for Trunks medals. Team is all Extreme types but I can't access the event, everyone has the triangles over them.
I think you need a specific character on your team. Press the ? Button and see the requirements

Editx2: Man I just beat Godtenks without using items(or Buuhan) despite RNG being a cunt. SSJ3>SSJ>SSJ3>SSJ>SSJ3>SSJ. If I didn't beat him no doubt would have gone SSJ3 again...

rsniper59

Neo Member
I think you need a specific character on your team. Press the ? Button and see the requirements

Yeah I screwed up and removed a member from my team so that it was no longer a Rainbow team. Was trying to get a team slightly more able to deal any damage whatsoever... My villain team is straight garbage.

Arrrammis

So far, I can do Gotenks pretty easily and Golden Freeza using all items and maybe a stone with my mono int team. Here's what I use:

Leader: INT Dabura
Gen. Blue
TUR Piccolo
Int SSJ Bardock
Perfect Cell
AGL Golden Freeza
Friend: INT Buuhan

Items: Senzu, Fruit of the tree of might, INT oolong, ghost usher

The last phase of Golden Freeza just sucks though, having Blue stun there is a must.

Maxim726X

So, if I DA Piccolo, do my odds of increasing his SA with strike units decrease?

Right now, it's at 50%. If I Dokkan him, does that decrease?

Anoregon

I did something like that before I got Murasaki. Made sure I had him sitting next to someone with Prepared for Battle the whole time, with someone else with PfB rotating every turn so he has at least 4 ki.

Proved to be a bust for me. I'm 0/3 on Gotenks atm with my only 3 viable teams, and it's not even close. I can barely make it past the first 2 kids stage on any team other than my full offense Gogeta team, but that team doesn't have the defense to survive the main fight.
Pretty disappointing that I have a handful of really good units but not enough synergy to actually make a team that I can use to beat the type of content that makes those units better.

Shanlei91

Proved to be a bust for me. I'm 0/3 on Gotenks atm with my only 3 viable teams, and it's not even close. I can barely make it past the first 2 kids stage on any team other than my full offense Gogeta team, but that team doesn't have the defense to survive the main fight.
Pretty disappointing that I have a handful of really good units but not enough synergy to actually make a team that I can use to beat the type of content that makes those units better.

Post your box and I'll see if there's a team that could work.

what is the deal with that Cell event? He does like... nothing. Don't even need Soul vs Soul at all, haven't seen him regen once. Feels kinda busted but hey, easy medals.

Arrrammis

what is the deal with that Cell event? He does like... nothing. Don't even need Soul vs Soul at all, haven't seen him regen once. Feels kinda busted but hey, easy medals.

Back when it first came out, it was super long and difficult. Nothing like spending 20 minutes beating him down only for his regen to pop up and almost reset progress. Now, with god leaders he's easier than most other events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom