• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Reroll working I take it then? I got mine most of the way but for some reason the reroller app just isn't opening XD

Did you watch that video I linked? I followed those instructions got it working.

Got a keep Reroll already.

SSJ4 Vegeta and SSR STR Godku on the multi. Popped over to the SSJ4 Goku banner and did a single, bye guys. Super Vegito.

Now I buy AGL SSJ3 Goku with the Super Dragon Stone and have an agility team 10 times better than what I have on Global and have every story stone available to me.

Did you watch that video I linked? I followed those instructions got it working.

SSJ4 Vegeta and SSR STR Godku on the multi. Popped over to the SSJ4 Goku banner and did a single, bye guys. Super Vegito.

Now I buy AGL SSJ3 Goku with the Super Dragon Stone and have an agility team 10 times better than what I have on Global and have every story stone available to me.

Yeah but there's a bit that seems to be confusing me and something maybe not working. Firstly I get to the bit where you need to open the reroller and mess with the files. So when I hit open on the reroller it asks for permission, grant it, and while it registers it as an open window it doesn't actually open the game like it did for the guy in the video. This is where I'm wondering if something may be broken.

The other bit that confused me is where he copied cocoprefs from droid4xshared > download > sharedprefs > cache. Surely those first two steps are overwriting the data needed for the final copy from sharedprefs to cache? Regardless, I didn't have that additional copy in downloads or even know where that one came from for him.

Any ideas where I went wrong here? My global rerolled still seems to work so I know I must be close but probably made a mistake right at the end with the cocoprefs file.

What did was copied from droid4xshared over to the games sharedprefs, then copied that over the cache of the reroller but it only opens a tab that can't even be clicked on. Like it shows up, but I remain at the emulator UI.

MisterMac

Yeah but there's a bit that seems to be confusing me and something maybe not working. Firstly I get to the bit where you need to open the reroller and mess with the files. So when I hit open on the reroller it asks for permission, grant it, and while it registers it as an open window it doesn't actually open the game like it did for the guy in the video. This is where I'm wondering if something may be broken.

The other bit that confused me is where he copied cocoprefs from droid4xshared > download > sharedprefs > cache. Surely those first two steps are overwriting the data needed for the final copy from sharedprefs to cache? Regardless, I didn't have that additional copy in downloads or even know where that one came from for him.

Any ideas where I went wrong here? My global rerolled still seems to work so I know I must be close but probably made a mistake right at the end with the cocoprefs file.

What did was copied from droid4xshared over to the games sharedprefs, then copied that over the cache of the reroller but it only opens a tab that can't even be clicked on. Like it shows up, but I remain at the emulator UI.

He put that one in Downloads before he started the video which is why he has one there already. Did you DL the Cocopref from the thread and use that? That's the difference between GLB and JP. You need the Coco file from outside the game rather than copying one from the game into the reroller

Arrrammis

Global: Yay, we finally got STR Broly!
Japan: Psssh, silly Global, save all of your stones for Gogeta. That's the real best pull!
---5 months later---
Global: Yay, we finally got Gogeta!
Japan: Pssh, he's useless now, save up for Super Vegito.
---5 months later---
Global: Yay, we got Sup-
Japan: VEGITO BLUE AND SSj ROSE BLACK ARE THE BEST!
---now---
Global: Well, Omega Shenron is coming up, he's pretty goo-
Japan: HERE'S 500 MILLION STONES AND STONES FOR GUARANTEED GOD LEADS AND ALSO SSJ4 VEGETA AND GOKU THAT TAKE A DUMP ON YOUR META!

Really, you'll never be satisfied with anything on global if you keep chasing the latest powerhouse on the japan version.

He put that one in Downloads before he started the video which is why he has one there already. Did you DL the Cocopref from the thread and use that? That's the difference between GLB and JP. You need the Coco file from outside the game rather than copying one from the game into the reroller

I think I did. I downloaded it and picked it out from Droid4xshared which looked as if it was pulling from my PC rather than the games files. I copied it from there over both the reroller and the games one. Still no load from the reroller though. Gonna take another shot in a second.

For reference though, say I reinstall the reroller, should it attempt to load the game when clicked on or is that only going to happen after the files have been copied? Just trying to work out why the reroller itself won't open at all.

MisterMac

I think I did. I downloaded it and picked it out from Droid4xshared which looked as if it was pulling from my PC rather than the games files. I copied it from there over both the reroller and the games one. Still no load from the reroller though. Gonna take another shot in a second.

For reference though, say I reinstall the reroller, should it attempt to load the game when clicked on or is that only going to happen after the files have been copied? Just trying to work out why the reroller itself won't open at all.

What I did was: DL Dokkan battle and the Reroller. Play until the download confirmed screen after you beat Satan. Leaving the game open I then left the game and copied the COCO file to all the places the video told me to. Then I closed the real copy of the game and opened the reroller.

MisterMac

Japan: Psssh, silly Global, save all of your stones for Gogeta. That's the real best pull!
---5 months later---
---5 months later---
---now---
Japan: HERE'S 500 MILLION STONES AND STONES FOR GUARANTEED GOD LEADS AND ALSO SSJ4 VEGETA AND GOKU THAT TAKE A DUMP ON YOUR META!

Really, you'll never be satisfied with anything on global if you keep chasing the latest powerhouse on the japan version.

This is a bit of a logical fallacy imo. Say Japan didn't exist and we had no clue what was coming. It still makes, imo at least, logical sense to save your stones and spend them in a place that will have the greatest effect on enhancing your team/collection. The very nature of this game is that there will always be something better, this is simply how these games work in order to keep people spending money on them.

This mentality of "You gotta pull on every banner regardless of if it helps your collection or not" doesn't make any kind of sense to me. I have a decent mono AGL team with Super Vegito who is an essential card even on a mono AGL SSJ4 led team. It makes sense to save stones for the banner that will have the greatest impact on my teams power and the cards that will have the most longevity.

This isn't even considering the fact that you will likely get other SSRs while spending your hoarded stones. Cards like Rose which some are like "I gotta pull on Rose now omg now I gotta get now as soon as it comes out now now now" but like, Rose is on the SSJ4 Vegeta banner which objectively gives your value for your stones because you get 10 free cards.

Exercising a modest amount of patience isn't exactly difficult and doesn't mean you aren't playing or enjoying the game or missing out on cards that there was no guarantee of you pulling anyway

What I did was: DL Dokkan battle and the Reroller. Play until the download confirmed screen after you beat Satan. Leaving the game open I then left the game and copied the COCO file to all the places the video told me to. Then I closed the real copy of the game and opened the reroller.

Ok yeah something isn't working for me at all then. No matter what I do the reroller refuses to actually open anything. I'm guessing I'll need to work from a clean install of Droid4X.

Edit: Still no luck on a clean install either :/ No matter what I do it just won't actually open the Reroller app. Everything else is being done right but the app itself just isn't doing anything. I can't work this one out at all, it just doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's not the only app either. Opening Chrome just gives an instant 'app has stopped working' result. Clean install too. Le sigh.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
---5 months later---
---5 months later---
---now---

But Super Vegetto is the still the latest powerhouse for the most part even after VB and Rose. We're not even sure what events you'd need to have these new leads on since they seem to be doable with the same old stuff.

Meneses

I think the biggest thing here is that we're usually just "one mega banner type" or "meta-change / adjustment" behind on Global, or at least it always felt closer.

Like, JP had Gogeta, Global saved for him. We got Gogeta, they got SV and the other gods, we waited for them. We started getting Gods, they went to the Black arc and eventually Vegito Blue + Rosé, then Trunks.

Now, this time, while we're still waiting on Blue and Rose and Trunks, there's already SSJ4s out, so that's 2 "jumps" ahead.

Tamanon

Banned

Yeah, but good luck understanding the awesome story mode!

Got 'im.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
At least the new god leads aren't terribly broken in their passive skill; that means PHY has a chance to be good this time....maybe............... :(

Ambition

Anyone interested in this JP Account? I'm about to reroll lol

image.png

I'll wait 15 mins, otherwise i'll just paste the codes

Edit: 1961900085

csm55khews3k

It depends on what you have available. He was a lot harder with mono AGL but I plan to try a double Godtenks lead next time. My mono AGL was missing an AGL GF at the time though so it may be easier with a few good blockers to add in.

Well, for GF, Godtenks, and even Beerus I used
Lead: SV
AGL GF(he's not TUR, but wasn't for Godtenks/Beerus)
TUR INT Turles
TUR AGL Kid Buu
TUR AGL SSJ2 Goku
UR INT SSJ Bardock
Friend: SV

I never had to use all my items unless RNG was a dicklord. Does SSBKK have phases like GF or is it like Godtenks where it switches? I'm pretty sure he's AGL and my TEQ team is kinda decent I think...no Godtenks doe :(.

Well, for GF, Godtenks, and even Beerus I used
Lead: SV
AGL GF(he's not TUR, but wasn't for Godtenks/Beerus)
TUR INT Turles
TUR AGL Kid Buu
TUR AGL SSJ2 Goku
UR INT SSJ Bardock
Friend: SV

I never had to use all my items unless RNG was a dicklord. Does SSBKK have phases like GF or is it like Godtenks where it switches? I'm pretty sure he's AGL and my TEQ team is kinda decent I think...no Godtenks doe :(.

He has phases like GF but he has a lot of them and starts hitting really damn hard in those last two. I'm hoping I'd do better at it now, but I was already using items before his final 5 bar health stage. The problem with an AGL team is it starts out with you at a disadvantage, and from there you're facing off against AGL units so it never turns in your favor in terms of damage received. IMO he's a lot harder to survive than GF or Godtenks.

for the life of me cannot figure out how to play jp dokkan battle on my nox emulator. just get a error message with black screen when opening app. sigh, just trying to dance in stones from jp

https://dbz.space/apks/

Download the one that says HP, ATK, DI

for the life of me cannot figure out how to play jp dokkan battle on my nox emulator. just get a error message with black screen when opening app. sigh, just trying to dance in stones from jp

For SSBKK you should be using Skinny Gotenks if you don't have Godtenks or GF TEQ.

Grab a friend Gotenks and you have your killer team. After the TEQ Goku and STR Goku is done its just 2 AGL forms in SSB and SSBKK.

Ambition

I just keep reinstalling. Didn't even know there was an app for that lol
Good thing is it only took one reroll for that hehe

MisterMac

Am cry. Takes too long doing it without the app to bother with. I think I might dig up and try repair my W7 laptop in a bit. I'm tempted roll for a Vegeta/Rose Starter but gotta find a way to get that reroller going first.

I just walked my friend through setting the reroller up and it worked instantly.

Step 0: Go into your settings and set up a shared folder to get the Coco file from reddit
Step 1: Play to til you beat Satan and get to the download complete screen
Step 2: Don't close the app, but minimize it and open your root browser.
Step 3: Grab the Coco file from SD Card>Whatever folder is your shared folder
Step 4: Paste the Coco file into SDCard>Downloads
Step 5: Paste the Coco file in Data>Data>Dokkan Battle> Shared Prefs
Step 6: Paste the Coco file into Data>Data>Reroller Ap>Cache

After that, close Dokkan battle and click the reroller.

I just walked my friend through setting the reroller up and it worked instantly.

Step 0: Go into your settings and set up a shared folder to get the Coco file from reddit
Step 1: Play to til you beat Satan and get to the download complete screen
Step 2: Don't close the app, but minimize it and open your root browser.
Step 3: Grab the Coco file from SD Card>Whatever folder is your shared folder
Step 4: Paste the Coco file into SDCard>Downloads
Step 5: Paste the Coco file in Data>Data>Dokkan Battle> Shared Prefs
Step 6: Paste the Coco file into Data>Data>Reroller Ap>Cache

After that, close Dokkan battle and click the reroller.

Hmmm. This is very weird. I just did those exact steps minus pasting into SDCard>downloads and opening that reroller app still isn't hooking into anything even on a different computer. The first time I tried it I did it the exact way you mentioned there I'm fairly certain. Are you using Droid4X 0.10.5 as well? I'm about to give it another shot but copying into SDcard>downloads too this time.

MisterMac

Hmmm. This is very weird. I just did those exact steps minus pasting into SDCard>downloads and opening that reroller app still isn't hooking into anything even on a different computer. The first time I tried it I did it the exact way you mentioned there I'm fairly certain. Are you using Droid4X 0.10.5 as well? I'm about to give it another shot but copying into SDcard>downloads too this time.

I'm on 0.10.4

LNBL

Downloaded the japanese version just to do a multi and some single pulls, not intending to play it. Got SSJ4 vegeta in the first multi ><

K, not sure if anyone knows this but I just tested it. GF finisher is considering a super, therefore if you seal it he doesn't blow up the planet :eek:. I never tried it with SSJ3 Goku/Vegeta but it's probably the same there and I'm super LTTP lol.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The SSJ3's are not the same they straight up end the game, FP Freeza is similar to Golden Freeza (duh). I always have a baba for the end. You can use damage reducers on it as well.

And yes you're late

The SSJ3's are not the same they straight up end the game, FP Freeza is similar to Golden Freeza (duh). I always have a baba for the end. You can use damage reducers on it as well.

And yes you're late

:( I'm always LTTP

I've been using Ghost Ushers. o Well, I only used a ghost usher like twice? PRetty easy to annihilate him in that phase when you got dual SVs lol.

Cruxist

Tried pure agl, pure teq, and rainbow hero for the Vegeta Dokkan event. Seems like rainbow is the way to go, I can lock supers and just counter all day. And Future Trunks does ridiculous damage to the teq stages. Kinda sad I'm not using ssj4 for his own event but oh well.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Interesting, what type is he? TEQ is the only type Godku is missing unless they went for PHY again to give it a decent one.

Wonder if WT will get Dokkans since they can all be pulled now.
No lol the TEQ banner is live and having it would be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom