• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull on the banners i say to you guys. Whats the point of having 2000 stones if you never end up using them for months. The thrill of pulling a good card and completing your team is the joy of dokkan battle for me personally.

In the end a single pull could get you a ssj4 so what would it end up accomplishing? Lol

butbutbut the SSJ4 banner is gonna have the SSJ4s aaaaaand all the good cards that came before it!

and all the terrible ones too...

"don't pull" they say as if I have any fucking god lead besides Broly

the moment SV comes back around I'm spending all my stones on that banner until he drops. Probably skip Omega tho even though my STR deck is not bad.

Arrrammis

"don't pull" they say as if I have any fucking god lead besides Broly

the moment SV comes back around I'm spending all my stones on that banner until he drops. Probably skip Omega tho even though my STR deck is not bad.

I'm in the same Boat, I did manage to get Gogeta but not any of the "real" god leads. Unless Omega Shenron has some groundbreakingly powerful passive, I think I'll pass. The baba shop characters can give a huge stat boost to mono teams already, so for god cards the passives are way more important. So far Super Vegito looks like the best IMO, with Buuhan being a close second. Everything else just seems like mild attack boosts or some defense boost, but nothing game-changing.

MisterMac

Pull on the banners i say to you guys. Whats the point of having 2000 stones if you never end up using them for months. The thrill of pulling a good card and completing your team is the joy of dokkan battle for me personally.

In the end a single pull could get you a ssj4 so what would it end up accomplishing? Lol

Almost done with Whis SA farming for AGL. Need to so teq but the event is gonna end soon so ill have to leave it for next time.

And to this I would say what's the point on spending stones on every banner? The thrill of gambling? No thanks.

There will always be new hotness sure. But there won't always be a meta redefining card that new content becomes built around having. It was worth it to save stones for Super Vegito. And before that it was worth it to save stonesforn Gogeta. And it will be worth it to save stones for SSJ4.

Plus there is a good chance the two year anniversary banner will have a discount. And getting more value out of my stones is always a priority.

The one advantage of global is knowing what's happening precisely for cards like this that will shift the meta. Between Super Vegito and SSJ4 there were no cards that changed the meta as much as the SSJ4s. Even Vegito Blue and Rosé Goku Black only presented alternatives. And if a better Mono Type lead or Super Type lead comes around SSJ4s like Super Vegito and Gogeta will remain relevant to their respective teams.

I'd say if you were to have 1 God Lead, it'd be Buuhan instead.

Over SV? I guess I can see it but my AGI deck is faaaar superior to my INT deck. I have TUR SSJ3 Goku, TUR Ultimate Gohan, TUR SSJ2 Goku, SSJ Goten, Gotenks, even Murasaki now. The only ones missing (besides SV) are GF and SSBKK. My good INT units are... Godku and Vegito, I guess Piccolo (undokkaned sadly, only 5 masters marks). Also have SSJ Gohan TUR but he sucks ass. if I had Turles and Janemba it would be a different story for sure though, those guys are baller.

Ambition

Can anyone help me out? What's the best possible team i can make right now? Im still relatively new so i'd appreciate the help

image.png

what kinda stealth-ass brag post...

mono TEQ

SS3 Gotenks
Goku
GF
Bardock
Whis
Buu

mono INT

Buuhan
Janemba
Buuccolo
Ult Gohan
free space
free space

edit: also is your name a play on Burn My Dread from Persona?

Ambition

It's not a brag post I promise lol! I know it seems like it with the buuhan and Gotenks but I really am new so i've just been running buuhan with whatever int looks cool. So i'd love help on a team

Edit: It's based off of the song. I've been wanting to change it on here for a while but i'm hardly active enough to care

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Over SV? I guess I can see it but my AGI deck is faaaar superior to my INT deck. I have TUR SSJ3 Goku, TUR Ultimate Gohan, TUR SSJ2 Goku, SSJ Goten, Gotenks, even Murasaki now. The only ones missing (besides SV) are GF and SSBKK. My good INT units are... Godku and Vegito, I guess Piccolo (undokkaned sadly, only 5 masters marks). Also have SSJ Gohan TUR but he sucks ass. if I had Turles and Janemba it would be a different story for sure though, those guys are baller.
Yeah, I think his healing factor holds a lot more value. After an extended amount of time with only PHY Broly, the only common difference with it and AGL right now is that AGL can come with 3 blockers. When it shifts to double SSJ4, you can have 2 blockers. What I mean is, there aren't attack debuffs to mitigate damage when your enemy is attacking 3-5 times a turn. Still, INT is not really a shining example either (come over TEQ Paikuhan D:), but stunning is obviously a way to circumvent damage, and when you don't get a stun, Buuhan can heal most of it back up so you can try for another stun. Anyways, we'll just have to see how much harder and longer boss fights will be with these new leader skills.

Also SSJ3 sucks

Man RNG hates me this round of GF...before even facing Frieza solo I had used a Yama and a Baba. Now Turles fails to stun in all three spots?

Edit: So fucking done. They made it so you can't use Ghost user twice in GF, shitty RNG prevented me from finishing with a super, fuck you bandai.

Edit dat edit: Uh...I can use a DS after GF destroys the planet? Info said you can't...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
mono INT

Buuhan
Janemba
Buuccolo
Ult Gohan
free space
free space

Yep go with this. To add to this, INT has good farmable cards to help fill out your team. Look out for INT Final Form Freeza from the Full Power Freeza event and Eis Shenron from the upcoming Omega Shenron event.

If you pull any INT orb changers like INT SSJ Goku or INT Android 13 they're good replacements for the free cards. Also INT Turles.

MisterMac

Super Vegito is better. Buuhan's heal is amazing and his damage is also amazing. But counter and 80% damage drop puts him over the top. Super Vegito can make any old AGL team a monster. Buuhan you need at least Janemba to take the hits so you can live to heal the damage away.

Should I dokkan AGL Golden Frieza or TEQ Golden Frieza? TEQ gives me the damage reduction plus the ATK boost.

I agree with mac. This way you have two units that tank, AGL Frieza ups the damage reduction to 90% while still maintaining the 50% rule, and just adds 3% to the extra damage for AGL orbs collected. Go TEQ. I did AGL because I don't have TEQ.

Ferga

I'm in the same Boat, I did manage to get Gogeta but not any of the "real" god leads. Unless Omega Shenron has some groundbreakingly powerful passive, I think I'll pass. The baba shop characters can give a huge stat boost to mono teams already, so for god cards the passives are way more important. So far Super Vegito looks like the best IMO, with Buuhan being a close second. Everything else just seems like mild attack boosts or some defense boost, but nothing game-changing.

Omega is pretty great. He debuffs enemies and buffs himself like crazy.

He's not as good as Buuhan and SV but he is one of the top 3 units you can put on a villian team when Rose comes in.

And to this I would say what's the point on spending stones on every banner? The thrill of gambling? No thanks.

There will always be new hotness sure. But there won't always be a meta redefining card that new content becomes built around having. It was worth it to save stones for Super Vegito. And before that it was worth it to save stonesforn Gogeta. And it will be worth it to save stones for SSJ4.

Plus there is a good chance the two year anniversary banner will have a discount. And getting more value out of my stones is always a priority.

The one advantage of global is knowing what's happening precisely for cards like this that will shift the meta. Between Super Vegito and SSJ4 there were no cards that changed the meta as much as the SSJ4s. Even Vegito Blue and Rosé Goku Black only presented alternatives. And if a better Mono Type lead or Super Type lead comes around SSJ4s like Super Vegito and Gogeta will remain relevant to their respective teams.

Can anyone help me out? What's the best possible team i can make right now? Im still relatively new so i'd appreciate the help

If you are F2P of course saving stones matter to you and if the appeal of pulling isn't there, more power to you. But I for one cannot go through banners and not pull at least once. Even the trash banners like Universe 6 Banner.

Even if you save a ton for the SSJ4s, we have proof of people not getting SV even with 1000s of dragon stones. Its very unlikely but it can happen. In the end its up to the person on how they wanna play the game and their stones.

@BurnMuhBread
People got you covered on INT Villain team but you can make a killer TEQ team too. LR Goku is far away for you but that TEQ Bardock is amazing. Wait for Cabba event to come back and then awaken him for a good SSJ support. Same with that GT TEQ Goku who can become a nuker.

Mono TEQ

Godtenks
SSJ Bardock
Whis
Golden Freiza
Free slot
Free slot

Keep Golden Freiza and Whis next to each other for links.

On some other news. I got SA 10 Whis AGL. I managed out a SA for TEQ Whis. 8 more to go for full SA up lol. Then I can finish farming the medals for androids and GF. Maybe Godtenks if I manage to pull him.

Aiii

So not worth it
news_banner_select_dokkan_20170129_B_large_1.png

https://jpn.dbz.space/news/000827

A not to be missed !! super deals preceding public !!
2 anniversary special ultra-SELECT DOKKAN festival held !!
'll !! can one person out of the pick-up has been 5 characters, to the fellow in exchange for a "super Tatsuishi"
lineup is !! try to the best of the selection so that there is no top-notch of the strong set !! regret that becomes the face of the team
can be purchased in and !! deals a "Tatsuishi" at the same time "super-SALE"'ll also be held !! "Super Tatsuishi "in normal" Tatsuishi not only "also a chance to buy !! trying to stretch strengthen the team on this occasion !!

Looks like we'll get a super-sale along with the Dokkan Select stone.

One last test for OT2...

32578807146_f11aaa6e09_o.gif

Its awesome but very spoilerly for people not watching Super with SSBKK. Though to be fair its on Cruncyroll and its people's problem if they don't watch the show and would be spoiled by other stuff in game anyways.

I say you keep it. Make sure to mention the God leads in your OT. ;P

Aiii

So not worth it
Japan hands stones out like candy.

Like you know how Global gives you a dragon stone after emergency maintenance?

Japan gives you three, or five.

You know how Global has a Lunar Festival that gives you a stone a day? Japan gives you five.

Its awesome but very spoilerly for people not watching Super with SSBKK. Though to be fair its on Cruncyroll and its people's problem if they don't watch the show and would be spoiled by other stuff in game anyways.

I say you keep it. Make sure to mention the God leads in your OT. ;P

Yeah, the moment they play the game they're gonna see it anyway. :3 Thanks dude! And definitely mentioning them in another panel.

You know how Global has a Lunar Festival that gives you a stone a day? Japan gives you five.

:(
Staying F2P is really hard after you finished the missions. I do like one pull a week at best lol.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I think his healing factor holds a lot more value. After an extended amount of time with only PHY Broly, the only common difference with it and AGL right now is that AGL can come with 3 blockers. When it shifts to double SSJ4, you can have 2 blockers. What I mean is, there aren't attack debuffs to mitigate damage when your enemy is attacking 3-5 times a turn. Still, INT is not really a shining example either (come over TEQ Paikuhan D:), but stunning is obviously a way to circumvent damage, and when you don't get a stun, Buuhan can heal most of it back up so you can try for another stun. Anyways, we'll just have to see how much harder and longer boss fights will be with these new leader skills.

Also SSJ3 sucks
lol rip me
Can't stun in these Dokkanfests

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
news_banner_select_dokkan_20170129_B_large_1.png

https://jpn.dbz.space/news/000827

Looks like we'll get a super-sale along with the Dokkan Select stone.
Hey thanks for nothing Google translate

Last two maintenances on global gave 5 stones for compensation.

Global gets all the major login in bonuses for the most part

Damn, since I dokkan awakened Godtenks, my team got a dramatic boost. Heck, I roll over Cell event in 2 or 3 turns without taking a single hit.

Finally got 77 Godtenks medals on top of awakening everyone. About halfway through GF. I'm out of ghosts now though. Is there a reliable place to farm them or do I need to wait for Bulmas items mission to come back?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally got 77 Godtenks medals on top of awakening everyone. About halfway through GF. I'm out of ghosts now though. Is there a reliable place to farm them or do I need to wait for Bulmas items mission to come back?

I don't know if I'd call it *reliable*, but I've been farming super hard "Mysterious Saiyan" for rank XP and I seem go get ushers at a reasonable rate.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Janemba 20 stam zhard

Might want to wait for it to come back half stam since it only drops like 2 at a time

I don't know if I'd call it *reliable*, but I've been farming super hard "Mysterious Saiyan" for rank XP and I seem go get ushers at a reasonable rate.

Thanks, I'll give that one a shot, not much else to do on global right now anyway.

Janemba 20 stam zhard

Might want to wait for it to come back half stam since it only drops like 2 at a time

Yeah this was my favorite spot for it when it's available.

Cruxist

Yeah, not a fan either.

But hey, I bet there will be cards that "override stun resist" as a special skill, in the future.

I wasn't aware stun teams were so popular. I usually just seal supers and then take the hits. Granted, I have Super Vegito, so yeah.

A-fucking-mazing.

This is so slick, seriously good job on these.

We're gonna have the slickest looking OT of any phone game ever.

That looks dragonballs to the walls amazing!

Is OT2 coming with SSJ4 tonight?
Thanks guys! And it's not yet as we're not exactly passed the 19.5k post mark. Still have lots of work to do with the OT, but it's getting there. :)

denebj

Neo Member
I wasn't aware stun teams were so popular. I usually just seal supers and then take the hits. Granted, I have Super Vegito, so yeah.

Lots of players do not have the cards to compete in some dokkenfest. So they use the stun strategy.

I am ok with no stun if is simply a gimmick for that dokkanfest. I definitely can see in the future more restrictions like that to make those events harder (Like immune to seal or cannot bring super , no att debuff etc.).
The trick is to see how it is implemented, because if it is too restrictive and it really forces you to have the latest and greatest cards then people are just going to abandon the ship.

Also we will see how difficult the SSJ4 dokkan are ... The gimmick cards link sucks ass big time lol the Only TUR is Omega in the Vegeta dokkan (STR on AGL LOL) .... The rest are SR / R or not so good UR.

Also they cannot make those events too long with 500 health bar because if you have to TUR 3 cards per dokkanfest, it would take so much time to grind that it would get pretty boring and painful for most people imho.

Since they 'offer' an old god lead, I might just not pull on the Omega banner , that's the only one I do not have .

For those who says that waiting will always bring better card, every year we have a 'meta-shift' (Gogeta / SV / SSJ4).
With that new shift, we are guaranteed to have at least 10+ dokkanfest with those new skills (2 per color with extreme / super lead ). Added to that the demi-god for those.
So waiting to get those meta-shift card is pretty good, just like for SV was and Gogeta was. Plus you will need at least one set to compete in the newer events most likely.

MisterMac

If you are F2P of course saving stones matter to you and if the appeal of pulling isn't there, more power to you. But I for one cannot go through banners and not pull at least once. Even the trash banners like Universe 6 Banner.

Even if you save a ton for the SSJ4s, we have proof of people not getting SV even with 1000s of dragon stones. Its very unlikely but it can happen. In the end its up to the person on how they wanna play the game and their stones.

You could also spend 1000 stones across 10 banners and not get a single usable ssr. Either way you are hedging your bets. I'm just looking for the biggest return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom