• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the verge of dropping this game. I had a long post detailing why but it boils down to three things for me:

1. Shit number of SR+ characters with a goddamn terrible chance of getting them. I'm currently rolling, between my tablet and phone, an abysmal 6% chance. 6%. That includes 4 starter SRs and the two guaranteed Kid Goku's I've gotten. And one guaranteed SR from a multi pull. Fuck you SR Chiaotzu. At least Puzzles and Dragons has a God fest every two or three weeks. This game seriously needs an SR+ fest one weekend a month or something. I can only take having so many R Guldos before I break. And I'm already at that point. 4, including a duplicate, out of 10 on my "Guaranteed" multi pull. Talk about a downer.

2. No depth to the gameplay. Absolutely none. There is no strategy to the game. It's all based on luck. You can't plan ahead because there is no rhyme or reason as to why things fall the way they do, even when you can see them on the board.

3. How long it takes to do everything. Press start. Wait 20 seconds. News pops up. Wait 15 seconds for it to load. Exit out of it. Loading for 20 seconds. Hit "Quest" Wait 10 seconds for it to load. And on and on. God forbid you accidentally press the wrong button and have to wait another half minute for it to load. In comparison to Puzzles and Dragons, this game is glacier slow. It shouldn't take almost 3 minutes from boot to get to gameplay.

It's losing my interest fast and at this point the only thing I'm doing is launching the game and waiting 5 minutes for it to open every morning just to keep my log in streak alive. No desire to do anything else right now.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Drop rate for King Cold looks like its much more promising than Mecha Frieza.

Not for me, at least compared to the last event. Took me 10+ attempts to get a drop on hard. More than double it took for me to snag Mecha Freeza. Not as bad as the first Vegeta event though, that took me the entire event to grind just 1 on Hard.

^

Wow, it takes me 15 seconds from boot to get into a stage :/

It's the same across both of my devices. Granted, neither are new so that might play a part. Nexus 7 tablet and HTC One phone. Both from 2013.

I tend to be a patient guy but with how much this app does and how much it drains the battery (seriously insane amounts. Kills a tablet in less than 3 hours) I feel like it should be able to boot faster.

Hiltz

I had no luck at all getting Mecha Frieza, or any of the summoned forms of Frieza , but I managed to get King Cold on my second try (first time) on hard mode. Too bad I don't currently have anyone very compatible with his link skills though.

Durden77

It's the same across both of my devices. Granted, neither are new so that might play a part. Nexus 7 tablet and HTC One phone. Both from 2013.

I tend to be a patient guy but with how much this app does and how much it drains the battery (seriously insane amounts. Kills a tablet in less than 3 hours) I feel like it should be able to boot faster.

Have you turned down the framerate in the settings? It makes the power drain much less severe.

The only thing that I think takes too long is training up fodder. It's annoying to do a FP multipull and spend the next 10-20 mins training them up. Especially because it's more efficient to train the level 1's against each other first.

Loving this update. Just realized they added training stages and one of them you spend 50k Zeni and every single character you add to the training adds another 50k XP. So you can throw in 5x N regulars to gain another 250,000xp during the training.

THATS AWESOME. I had just awakened the R Teen Trunks to SR and thought I'd check on the XP. 200k xp. Then used all my top level training items. Shot my mecha frieza from lv. 32 - 60

Now just farming Bubbles items to finish my training. Need another 100k zeni too. Which shouldnt be hard to get.

So yeh, by the end of the night will most likely have a SSR Mecha Frieza. SWEET

Now just need to try and get some more INT peeps to build a solid +6 Ki INT team. Love + Ki.

Permanently A

This update is really cool. I also really like how King Cold's strike mission is set up, with a straight shot to him an all the optional stuff on the side. Makes it really easy to go straight for him if you don't care about items.

I wish I could've gotten Freeza to lvl 10, but I feel lucky I got him to lvl 6 looking through this thread.

EDIT : Just got a crash though. Games with a stamina system that crash drive me nuts. So far the game's been super stable, I hope that doesn't change after this update.

I would be mad but when the game crashes it puts you right back where you were when you resume game which is really nice.

thaOwner

Just got King Cold! I'm so happy someone to replace my android 18 with :D now I need a good STR to replace my Captain ginyu.
Yeah that's the one thing I'm looking for as well on my alt. have so many good physical cards, technique, intelligent and agility cards but nothing to show for in the strength department.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If I Z awaken before the level cap will the level cap still increase?

If I awaken before I z awaken will I still need the same medals to Z awaken?

Been running King Cold on Hard all day and no drops. Going to wait til later today to farm some STR dailies to build a strong team for Z Hard.

If I Z awaken before the level cap will the level cap still increase?

If I awaken before I z awaken will I still need the same medals to Z awaken?
You can Awaken using any of the medals you currently can do. Z awaken is only if its the last medal (all medals acheived) and if your character is max level.

chrono01

I'm loving the new content. I managed a King Cold drop already [on Hard], and an ultra-rare support capsule seems to spawn on Hard around 75% of the time [maybe more]? Also, the XP seems decent.

Bogard

Just did my first Z-Awakening, with a R into SR INT Nappa. I'm quite impressed with the results! Now to get the medals for my R STR Vegeta.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just did my first Z-Awakening, with a R into SR INT Nappa. I'm quite impressed with the results! Now to get the medals for my R STR Vegeta.
I've done the exact same, I love SR Nappa! I've had R STR Vegeta waiting to be upgraded for days now, as well as R Goku.

Question about Shenron. I've gotten all the dragonballs twice and have done two of the wishes. My question is what happens after you've gotten all 4? Do they just reset? Or is there a new list?

Permanently A

I've done the exact same, I love SR Nappa! I've had R STR Vegeta waiting to be upgraded for days now, as well as R Goku.

Question about Shenron. I've gotten all the dragonballs twice and have done two of the wishes. My question is what happens after you've gotten all 4? Do they just reset? Or is there a new list?

After all 4 you get a new set of wishes. After you finish that set there are no more wishes until the new batch of story quests is released.

Anyone know when some STR units will be arriving to SSR summon?

The upcoming natural STR SSRs are SSGSS Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ Bardock, Golden Freeza, and Evil Buu (not in any particular order). As to when, I'm guessing some might come tomorrow after the Freeza event finishes?

Aiii

So not worth it
mobile.547sjs7.jpg

Z-Awakened Muten Roshi is legit. What a badass.

AcridMeat

Banned
After all 4 you get a new set of wishes. After you finish that set there are no more wishes until the new batch of story quests is released.
Cool, thanks! Finally got my Roshi awakenings. Went from a 40 R SRT Vegeta to a 60 SR STR Vegeta in about a minute haha.

You can only Z Awaken once is that right? So this Vegeta I have will not get any stronger?

chrono01

Well that's annoying. I was on King Cold's event [Hard] and an Ultra-Rare Medal Capsule appeared BEYOND the goal point. The cloud wouldn't take me there, since it places you directly in-front of the boss. How do you even get there? There's no Z-Hard boulder to break or anything, so that can't be it.

It's too late now obviously, but it's just frustrating. That could have been a Supreme Kai. :/

RNGesus listened to my prayers last night and dropped off a bunch of Gregories for my Z-Awakenings of King Cold and Roshi.

OygG7Ocl.jpg
d2YdssKl.jpg

Z-Awakened Muten Roshi is legit. What a badass.
Yeah, he's pretty beast. Him linked with Cyborg Tao is sooooo good.

Well that's annoying. I was on King Cold's event [Hard] and an Ultra-Rare Medal Capsule appeared BEYOND the goal point. The cloud wouldn't take me there, since it places you directly in-front of the boss. How do you even get there? There's no Z-Hard boulder to break or anything, so that can't be it.

It's too late now obviously, but it's just frustrating. That could have been a Supreme Kai. :/

That path is only accessible in Z-Hard. It's a terrible tease when it shows up!

EDIT: Did a yolo 50 stone pull and got another SSR TEQ Vegeta and SR Cell! Guess that makes up for getting an SR Chiaotzu. :S

AVp2y92.png

Woohoo! Finally SSR'ed a SR.

As soon as I needed just 4 of the Bubbles awakenig items the game absolutely stopped dropping the Rare awakening capsules in the levels lol. Took 4 runs just to get 4 Bubbles.

Ryu1999

EDIT: Did a yolo 50 stone pull and got another SSR TEQ Vegeta and SR Cell! Guess that makes up for getting an SR Chiaotzu. :S

just got SSR final form frieza, xeno trunks, and SR Nappa (STR). So happy!

just got SSR final form frieza, xeno trunks, and SR Nappa (STR). So happy!

Nice! I just want the full Freeza family at some point. According to Reddit, one of these two might be tomorrow:

mfMyFYR.png

j0KA2ts.png

I'm leaning towards the second one due to the Bardock event. SSR and SR rate up!

Bubbles drops from common capsules.

nah i kept watch on that. commons gave me gregory and rare gave me bubbles

think it goes

Common = Gregory
Rare = Bubbles
S.Rare = type specific 3rd row
U.Rare = type specific 4th row

thats what i gather anyway, could be wrong. But I'd get like 1 Rare capsule and i'd only get 1 Bubbles so it seemed to go that way

Magna

Neo Member
Common = Gregory
Rare = Bubbles
S.Rare = type specific 3rd row
U.Rare = type specific 4th row

thats what i gather anyway, could be wrong

Common : Gregory, Bubbles, Dr. Gero - Usually the one you aren't trying to get.
Rare: Mr. Popo, Master Shen, Master Roshi, Mutaito, Grandpa Gohan
Super Rare: Kami, Grand Elder Guru, Babidi, Bibidi, Korin
Ultra Rare: Kibito and all the Kais

Rare, Super Rare, Ultra Rare are all specific to type except for Supreme/Old Kai, which are used for SSR -> UR.

They also have different borders just inside the gray circle on the medal portaits with bronze for common, white for rare, gold for super rare, and prismatic for ultra rare.

Common : Gregory, Bubbles, Dr. Gero - Usually the one you aren't trying to get.
Rare: Mr. Popo, Master Shen, Master Roshi, Mutaito, Grandpa Gohan
Super Rare: Kami, Grand Elder Guru, Babidi, Bibidi, Korin
Ultra Rare: Kibito and all the Kais

Rare, Super Rare, Ultra Rare are all specific to type except for Supreme/Old Kai, which are used for SSR -> UR.

They also have different borders just inside the gray circle on the medal portaits with bronze for common, white for rare, gold for super rare, and prismatic for ultra rare.

Hmmmmmmmm ...

Well white is common, bronze is rare, silver is S.Rare and Gold is U.Rare ( i just picked up 2 golds, both U.Rare ). But thats interesting list. I just seemed to always get bubbles when i got a Rare capsule.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
3. How long it takes to do everything. Press start. Wait 20 seconds. News pops up. Wait 15 seconds for it to load. Exit out of it. Loading for 20 seconds. Hit "Quest" Wait 10 seconds for it to load. And on and on. God forbid you accidentally press the wrong button and have to wait another half minute for it to load. In comparison to Puzzles and Dragons, this game is glacier slow. It shouldn't take almost 3 minutes from boot to get to gameplay.

This is one of those stories that in the future will help scare me from switching from iPhone. My 6 is lightning fast in comparison to that.

Magna

Neo Member
Hmmmmmmmm ...

Well white is common, bronze is rare, silver is S.Rare and Gold is U.Rare ( i just picked up 2 golds, both U.Rare ). But thats interesting list. I just seemed to always get bubbles when i got a Rare capsule.

Yea those are the correct colors of the capsules, I was listing the colors on the inside of the medal portaits when you are on the awakening items screen. I assume they thought a silver circle inside a gray circle wouldn't be distinct enough and that they wanted ultra rares to look shiny.

Yea those are the correct colors of the capsules, I was listing the colors on the inside of the medal portaits when you are on the awakening items screen. I assume they thought a silver circle inside a gray circle wouldn't be distinct enough and that they wanted ultra rares to look shiny.

gotcha gotcha. Well that sucks man, this game just really f'ed with me then with the bubbles. I was so sure I was getting bubbles with Rare capsules I started skipping over the common's and shot straight for the Rares lol.

Ryu1999

Nice! I just want the full Freeza family at some point. According to Reddit, one of these two might be tomorrow:

I'm leaning towards the second one due to the Bardock event. SSR and SR rate up!

Well I have 20 stones left after the multipull---I should be able to grind 30 before tomorrow :p

Magna

Neo Member
gotcha gotcha. Well that sucks man, this game just really f'ed with me then with the bubbles. I was so sure I was getting bubbles with Rare capsules I started skipping over the common's and shot straight for the Rares lol.

Yea, from the way awakening distributions are I pretty much exclusively go for common and ultra rare medals, you'll pick up enough rares and supers rare over time just from spaces you can't avoid.

Skii

35 runs on hard against King Cold and no drop lol. Just want him to drop once so I can move onto the awakening medal missions.

Common awakening has the most usage due to the N-Z awakening training method. I definitely go for commons instead of bronze/silver. Of course I'll go for gold over anything.

Common awakening has the most usage due to the N-Z awakening training method. I definitely go for commons instead of bronze/silver. Of course I'll go for gold over anything.

Just pray for Gregories before you farm. RNGesus isn't always forthcoming considering how often you need them. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom