• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
oAb6b3y.png

Another one added to the box.

GatJIOd.png

Time to SSR Burter. Almost done with the Ginyu Force, just need Jeice now.

Another one added to the box.

GatJIOd.png

Time to SSR Burter. Almost done with the Ginyu Force, just need Jeice now.

Wait where did she come from? Never even seen that card before. Also, probably a bit late asking this considering how many cards I've awakened but...whats with the Z awakened? I keep seeing multiple cards with different star counts in the corner, different types of awakening and tbh it's getting super confusing. I could be wrong but it's like the game never even explained any of that.

Wait where did she come from? Never even seen that card before. Also, probably a bit late asking this considering how many cards I've awakened but...whats with the Z awakened? I keep seeing multiple cards with different star counts in the corner, different types of awakening and tbh it's getting super confusing. I could be wrong but it's like the game never even explained any of that.

It's not that complicated. You can either get all the awakening coins for a character (anywhere from 2-5 depending on character/rarity) and Z-awaken at max level, or partially awaken them if you have less and get little stars to indicate how far a character has gone.

Man, the Cell Jrs make great punching bags, and you can easily get their Super Atks up to max level quickly. I'm thinking of getting a maxed Z Awakened one for each Single-type team. Cell Jr seems to be the best N character.

SaberVulcan

Shes a new addition to the machine, part of Bardock's team, only SR one I believe.

As for the stars, when you awaken everything, the character is upgraded to Z-Awakened, gains 20 more potential levels, becomes Super/Extreme, and higher rarity. If, for example, you only put in 2 of the 3 needed types of awakening materials, you will get 2 small stars, and a minor stat boost.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
My first try against Z-Hard Chilled with what I think is a pretty bad team. I only have 3 above R Int characters...

KHhujTz.png
1KwH1M8.png

I guess he's not that hard? I'm just glad there's an alternative to getting him outside of grinding.

SaberVulcan

My first try against Z-Hard Chilled with what I think is a pretty bad team. I only have 3 above R Int characters...

KHhujTz.png
1KwH1M8.png

I guess he's not that hard? I'm just glad there's an alternative to getting him outside of grinding.

Nice! I havent tried yet, but my normal team only has 1 Int character, so I will have to change things up. I am assuming he (and Frieza) hit very hard, but not very often... so having 2-3 Super-Ints is recommended?

Nice! I havent tried yet, but my normal team only has 1 Int character, so I will have to change things up. I am assuming he (and Frieza) hit very hard, but not very often... so having 2-3 Super-Ints is recommended?

Having 3 awakened of every element is recommended to block attacks.

KHhujTz.png
1KwH1M8.png

I've found he's not terribly hard, but his super attack is very, very strong.

Shes a new addition to the machine, part of Bardock's team, only SR one I believe.

As for the stars, when you awaken everything, the character is upgraded to Z-Awakened, gains 20 more potential levels, becomes Super/Extreme, and higher rarity. If, for example, you only put in 2 of the 3 needed types of awakening materials, you will get 2 small stars, and a minor stat boost.

Ah, turns out I've been Z awakening everything anyway then so works out nicely. Probably gonna have to try for that card I think. Already came to terms with not having a team strong enough to grab prince vegeta but I'll be kicking myself if I miss out on that one too.

Just got 100k from beating Planet Vegeta's Prince on Z-Hard

so looks like while im waiting for Kid Vegeta to appear I'll make good Zeni for my other z-awakenings

Kyou

also I didn't realize it was "without a continue" until I cleared it. I was prepared to throw a gem or two at it, boy would I have been mad.

If you can time an item correctly, can you use one of the defense support items to weaken a super attack?

Definitely. There is the close the game method people have been using to see if the boss will use a special or not. I haven't done it yet. I think you close the game when you see the boss doing a special attack and then reopen the game.

BTW I found a way to get stamina back easily. Just do Terror Returns-Return of the Elites. The bosses there have like Hard level health, but Z level attacks. So I have been on almost infinite stamina due to managing it using this battle. It nets nearly 16k exp to rank.

Thank god for the guaranteed Frieza and Chilled from the special missions.

hxAhOYZl.jpg

So now I have Friezas in every type. Still need to somehow grab that other STR one with the ATK +1500 passive and SSR Frieza to complete the Frieza family until Golden Frieza. :S

Thank god for the guaranteed Frieza and Chilled from the special missions.

hxAhOYZl.jpg

So now I have Frieza's in every type. Still need to somehow grab that other STR one with the ATK +1500 passive and SSR Frieza to complete the Frieza family until Golden Frieza. :S

That is scary beautiful. It's nuts how powerful basically every Frieza-type character is in the game. I have that 3rd Form Frieza at lvl 54, and he's rocking all over my 60+lvl characters.

That is scary beautiful. It's nuts how powerful basically every Frieza-type character is in the game. I have that 3rd Form Frieza at lvl 54, and he's rocking all over my 60+lvl characters.
No kidding. Practically all the Frieza's are pretty good out the gate and the links give them lots of ATK. Second form is great as well with that Guard Break passive on its Super ATK. Oh, you're AGL? Frieza don't care. :D

EDIT: I just realized AGL Frieza's cost is 22! Wat?

Durden77

Whoa, Ox King is like the secret best item in the game.

It's description says it reduces all damage by 25% for one turn, but what it actually seems to do is reduce the damage of attacks to 25% of their damage. So if an attack would hit for 10,000, Ox King makes it 2,500.

It's supremely helpful. I don't know if it's a mistake or what considering he's not even a rare support item (I have almost 30), but it helped put me in complete control of Chilled on Z-hard.

Alright, that gives me hope. I think I'll take some Baba items to avoid his super. Also need to awaken Mecha Frieza if I want to beat him.

I wish I had more stamina!

Yeah, he hits about 9.4k to my awakened int characters. So basically he hits like a truck. Speaking of Stamina, I accidentally depleted mines without leveling up. Damn, I got to wait now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Whoa, Ox King is like the secret best item in the game.

It's description says it reduces all damage by 25% for one turn, but what it actually seems to do is reduce the damage of attacks to 25% of their damage. So if an attack would hit for 10,000, Ox King makes it 2,500.

It's supremely helpful. I don't know if it's a mistake or what considering he's not even a rare support item (I have almost 30), but it helped put me in complete control of Chilled on Z-hard.
Ooo thanks for the tip

Chiaotzu yes, but Tien...keep watching.

Even with the events, I still find the characters largely boring personally. The original series is still my favorite but I always found Tien, Chiaotzu and even Piccolo a bit stale to be honest.

I know they're almost completely invalidated as fighters (except Piccolo) by the time Z series kicks off, but honestly I don't even get why they're still around at that point. They hardly ever even show up for anything but to get their asses kicked from time to time. I mean Chiaotzu is still around to annoy us, but no Launch? Sigh...

But back on topic, anyone know where you get the two rarer SSJ2 Goku awakening medals? I can't find that Kai one for the life of me.

Tien is a boss. Easily my favorite Dragonball/Dragonball Z character. I have his STR SR in the game, and so far he's really underwhelming, but I just love him to death so I'm keeping him.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Even with the events, I still find the characters largely boring personally. The original series is still my favorite but I always found Tien, Chiaotzu and even Piccolo a bit stale to be honest.

I know they're almost completely invalidated as fighters (except Piccolo) by the time Z series kicks off, but honestly I don't even get why they're still around at that point. They hardly ever even show up for anything but to get their asses kicked from time to time. I mean Chiaotzu is still around to annoy us, but no Launch? Sigh...

SA88awn.gif

His only redeeming moment.

Everyone is getting powered down though.

Only Goku and Vegeta can be relevant, despite Gohan, Buu, and even Gotenks being stronger than those two in the last arc...

Is there any reason at all (BoG spoilers)
the other Saiyans haven't underwent the SSG ritual and became Saiyans beyond God or whatever themselves? It seems like a free power-up.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yay got Kid Vegeta. Only needed two PHY zawakened guys to do it. Now I can concentrate on getting the rest of the team together for the King Vegeta Strike event tomorrow

Durden77

What you guys think does it look like a team to take on chill on Z or build them up more ?

This was the team I used to take on Chilled

0lTG2HU.jpg

I beat him on the first try with a little bit of luck (I don't think he used any supers), the Ox King item, and some healing items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom