• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiltz

I think his stats are generally low as well as his passive/leader skill not being as good as other SSRs (I'm talking about the TEQ one).

Physical Vegeta is slightly better but not by much. Vegeta has basically been screwed over properly in this game. He's joint strongest DBZ fighter at the moment and it isn't being treated as such in this game. It's a shame.

That's disappointing news to me. Oh well, I'll just use him for now and finish leveling him up for the time being. At least he has a couple of skill links that are compatible with 2 of my other team mates, otherwise I'm just currently left with PHY SSR Android #16, whom is already at max SSR level and only has one compatible skill link with my INT Dr. Gero. However, #16's passive skill seems pretty useful.

Ryu1999

Well, venting and quitting time for me.

I like the game because it reminds me of when I used to collecet DB stuff as a kid. It has a nice amount of depth in its mechanics. There's strategy and luck involved, and I'm more than ok with it.

But.
Now loading.
The servers, at least playing from Spain, are insufferably slow.
Now loading.
It takes me too long to do anything. Doing a friend multi pull and training the resulting Now Loading characters takes me like 20 minues, when, if it was fast, I would be done in less than 5.

The animations that play when obtaining a capsule, when fighting an enemy, when rolling the dice..., are all too long and slow too.

Also, the combat mechanics are not explained well enough. The fact that I can't anticipate what will happen with the orbs of the board after doing a move drives me nuts.

All in all, this has been a nice time waster for a while, but I refuse to invest any more time in it basically for the two reasons above.

Are you on Android? Because it runs really smooth on my Iphone 6, but it kind of chugs when I run it on an Android emulator...

StMeph

Totally zeni starved right now. What's the best way to farm some up aside from the weekend Hercule dungeon for something to do during weekdays?

ump85Vc.png

Newest member of the crew.

Skii

Just got the SR physical Vegeta from a friend multi summon. That's the equivalent of pulling a SSR so I've basically wasted all my luck on that. Great >.> (I know that's not how luck works).

BrunoM

Just got the SR physical Vegeta from a friend multi summon. That's the equivalent of pulling a SSR so I've basically wasted all my luck on that. Great >.> (I know that's not how luck works).
Lol well you just have to start filling up your luck meter again haha

But ey not bad build him up

I feel you. It really got worse after the update including more crashes than before.
Ain't quitting though. I hope they fix this or upgrade their server capacities. Btw Germany here.

Been having lots of crashes as well since the update. So glad there is resume suspended game function.

insanekyo

Neo Member
Just started a few days and already added myself the list so feel free to add me. I'll prioritize any GAF members.

Got lucky and pulled a SS2 Goku which I assume is pretty strong.

Kyou

so many dead roshis today

but I think I almost have enough gregories and bubbleses to last the rest of the week, so I'll have a full SSR team

Any reason to be running Battle for Awakening Medals on Z-Hard? I can blitz through it on Hard and there doesn't appear to be a difference in the amount of medals I obtain.

BrunoM

Alright two questions lol

First why does bardock show as a DK awakening ? Ain't he supossed to go super sayan that way ? But he simply does a Zawaken right I got all I need to awaken him level to but just holding on lol

Second in what level does kid vegita show up? I was told planet vegita have done 7 runs on zhard and nothing

JJP12

First why does bardock show as a DK awakening ? Ain't he supossed to go super sayan that way ? But he simply does a Zawaken right I got all I need to awaken him level to but just holding on lol

Second in what level does kid vegita show up? I was told planet vegita have done 7 runs on zhard and nothing

I believe the Dokkan awakening thing is some kind of glitch. I've been seeing it a lot as well in the awakening menu. And as for Kid Vegeta, good luck. I've encountered him and his father both once in about 25 z hard runs in the Planet Vegetas Prince stage. I've seen him appear in one of the other stages but it was during normal/hard mode runs. It seems his spawn rate is very low on z hard but it's a guaranteed drop of you ever get lucky enough to find him. I was planning to max his special attack but I decided to keep my sanity instead lol

Kyou

how do King/Prince Vegeta show up on the map? Are they going to be in a random saibaman fight or do they appear like a boss character

thaOwner

Not sure what you mean by your first question but in regards to the Vegeta question. He will randomly show up there. Had to try about 10 or more times before I saw him floating on a tile. Hope you have some spare stones saved up because you're going to need it.

Hits like a truck.

I need a lot of bubbles metals and 1 Old kai metal. what is the best level to do that i can obtain them?

I'm in the same boat but with Gregory. Just do the awakening quests over and over on Hard and only go for the basic capsules (not the red, silver, or gold ones).

Don't know about Old Kai.

Terrible luck today, did a 10 pull, got nothing. Did 5 more single pulls, even worse cards...

See, I'm approaching 75 stones and thinking to myself...maybe I should pull. Then I see a post like this and I come crashing back to reality lol.

Also, tidied up this bad boy this morning:

I'm loving it, even if it's the worst SSR lol.

Also chrono, do you notice much difference between 80 to 90 on your Vegeta? If it's worth getting I might prioritize it.

Someone on my friend list has a lv 97 UR Gohan. WTF seriously lol.

chrono01

I'm in the same boat but with Gregory. Just do the awakening quests over and over on Hard and only go for the basic capsules (not the red, silver, or gold ones).

Don't know about Old Kai.
Even if grinding common awakening capsules, I'd still grab any gold you can find since they're so rare/valuable. But other than that, if you're grinding lesser medals, prioritize the common/white over the rare/super rare ones [bronze/silver].

See, I'm approaching 75 stones and thinking to myself...maybe I should pull. Then I see a post like this and I come crashing back to reality lol.

Also, tidied up this bad boy this morning:

I'm loving it, even if it's the worst SSR lol.

Also chrono, do you notice much difference between 80 to 90 on your Vegeta? If it's worth getting I might prioritize it.
Congrats! Any UR is great, you did well!

As for the level difference...not really. I gained around 3-4 levels yesterday, and I think my attack went up something like 90 points? I'm doing it mostly to be as best as I can, as well as to help out those on my friend list, but if you have a lot of other units to level, the XP might be better spent there.

That being said, I won't stop until he hits level 100. >_<

Congrats! Any UR is great, you did well!

As for the level difference...not really. I gained around 3-4 levels yesterday, and I think my attack went up something like 90 points? I'm doing it mostly to be as best as I can, as well as to help out those on my friend list, but if you have a lot of other units to level, the XP might be better spent there.

That being said, I won't stop until he hits level 100. >_<

Thanks man. I'm still torn on whether I want to burn all the training fodder on Goku right now lol. I might go all out and shove a bunch of agi fodder on him with a training item and supreme kai's planet. I think that might net him like 5 lvls heh.

All the other fodder I'm gonna put towards the respective colors. I'm sorely underrepresented on anything but agi.

Hope you get your 100 soon, I'm looking forward to seeing it on my list lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wait...did I finish the story missions already? I've started to go back from the start and z-hard clear them but it says I've cleared everything up to date. What's the point now? D:

When you are an UR, you'll get tons of friend requests. That makes having a UR worth it. You can cycle through the strong people to add. I have been adding nothing but Bardock and SSJ2 Goku lately.

When you are an UR, you'll get tons of friend requests. That makes having a UR worth it. You can cycle through the strong people to add. I have been adding nothing but Bardock and SSJ2 Goku lately.

Man, did I ever notice. When I had my Chi Chi leading the pack for the occasional King Cold run I had absolutely no requests. Switched back to UR Goku and I'm at 15 within an hour.

Man, did I ever notice. When I had my Chi Chi leading the pack for the occasional King Cold run I had absolutely no requests. Switched back to UR Goku and I'm at 15 within an hour.

It feels like an exclusive natural SSR club hahahaha.

Doing a 10 pull for fun again soon. I won't get anything, so no worries. Basically I need characters to raise or I'll get bored.

Hahah Tao SR.

BrunoM

I believe the Dokkan awakening thing is some kind of glitch. I've been seeing it a lot as well in the awakening menu. And as for Kid Vegeta, good luck. I've encountered him and his father both once in about 25 z hard runs in the Planet Vegetas Prince stage. I've seen him appear in one of the other stages but it was during normal/hard mode runs. It seems his spawn rate is very low on z hard but it's a guaranteed drop of you ever get lucky enough to find him. I was planning to max his special attack but I decided to keep my sanity instead lol
Yeah guess you must be right about the awakening lol

Yeah I'm at 10 z hard runs and haven't seen him even once but will keep trying

Lol good you keeping your sanity I think I almost lost mine going for king cold

BrunoM

Haha the run after I posted that up boom
Screenshot_2015-08-18-02-20-06.png

Screenshot_2015-08-18-02-20-16.png

Well won't go crazy farming him lol
Will keep my sanity
Happy I got every character from the things that went up sense I started missed the first vegeta but happy so far lol

This damn game takes to many hours of my life haha

so how do you get the medal from the last guy in the first bardock mission? Random drop? Also, where's bardock 2 come from? I did frieza a second time on hard and only got his medal.

Deception

Well had to factory reset my phone and forgot that I would lose all my game data so now I'm back to square 1. I did get Frieza and kid gohan on my first pull but I don't know if I want to continue the grind all over again.

Permanently A

I've heard that Super Saiyan Vegeta (super attack supreme) is considered one of the weaker characters, but is that due to his stats and/or color ? This one I have is PHY if it makes any difference. It would be great addition to have since his link skills being compatible with some of my other characters.

PHY Vegeta actually has a decent passive in that he reduces the attack of whoever he hits by 25% for that turn. Which can save you a ton of health. The reason he's ranked so low among the SSR is that his DEF is high lowering his ATK and HP, and DEF is widely considered the worst stat. His passive also only works well if you're fighting one enemy, and if the enemy attacks first it gets no usage. Compared to other passives that always trigger no matter what PHY Vegeta gets left in the dust. That said, he's still an SSR. Just not one of the best ones.

Aiii

So not worth it
Four golden awakening drops, including a boss drop at the TEQ daily, one of them surely must be that Supreme Kai I so desperately need, right?

mobile.580ck5z.jpg

:'(

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Finally got around to upgrading my first couple of guys to SSR. Hard mode just became a joke. But I'm still in an awkward position where the rest of the team isn't tough enough for Z-hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom