• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
god I can't imagine putting 30 dollars into this game and getting nine shitty rares(four of them repeats within this pull) and one maybe okay SR

I want to put money towards this, to support something I enjoy so much, but the pricing of stones along with my previous luck has me scared that putting money down and getting a shitty pull will turn me off from the game.

Lupercal

Banned
I want to put money towards this, to support something I enjoy so much, but the pricing of stones along with my previous luck has me scared that putting money down and getting a shitty pull will turn me off from the game.

Yeah, the pricing is a bit steep (4 € for 5 stones, really?)
They should adopt the Marvel Puzzle Quest pricing system.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, the pricing is a bit steep (4 € for 5 stones, really?)
They should adopt the Marvel Puzzle Quest pricing system.

Let people drop money for a guaranteed SSR and they'll make bank. Or hell, I'd easily put down a tenner for a Supreme Kai awakening medal.

Lupercal

Banned
Let people drop money for a guaranteed SSR and they'll make bank. Or hell, I'd easily put down a tenner for a Supreme Kai awakening medal.

Well, that's kinda the MPQ model, do a 10 pull and get a garanteed 3 star hero.

3 star being a SSR and 4 star being a UR.
2 stars are SR then.

N30RYU

This game only needs one fix.... just add a number to multiple same enemies to know they attack order.

Also. is there a way to know when an enemy is going to do it's super?

Lupercal

Banned
This game only needs one fix.... just add a number to multiple same enemies to know they attack order.

Also. is there a way to know when an enemy is going to do it's super?

Usually when there's an icon next to it which shows ki blasts or something in that nature?
But off course Chilled comes along and totally screws up my theory.

I'm curious. The SR STR Goku has a passive ability of " ATK +2500 when performing a Super Attack ". It then also has the Link Skill Kamehameha which is " +2500 ATK when Super Attack is launched "

Does this mean, when Kamehameha is activated on this SR STR Goku he gets a +5000 ATK boost? Or do those 2 not stack?

If it is a full 5K boost ( thankfully Kid Goku links with regular Goku's ), along with the + bonus from doing a Super, that is potentially a really potent move.

These servers are such a pain in the ass. After waiting all week to try and get the medals I need to get my SSJ Goku to UR, the day the event gets here the servers are so screwed I can't even get any of the events to show up in the list.

StMeph

I should have 100 stones banked by the time Cell + Gohan drop, but that pool seems a little meh. Are we actually following the JP Gacha release? SSGSS after Cell + Gohan? Because I might be willing to wait if that is the case.

Does this mean, when Kamehameha is activated on this SR STR Goku he gets a +5000 ATK boost? Or do those 2 not stack?

It should stack so long as you activate the Link.

I should have 100 stones banked by the time Cell + Gohan drop, but that pool seems a little meh. Are we actually following the JP Gacha release? SSGSS after Cell + Gohan? Because I might be willing to wait if that is the case.

It should stack so long as you activate the Link.
Yeah. We've skipped certain rate up gacha events that JP had, but we've followed the same schedule for newly released characters.

I'd wait. SSGSS Goku is too good to pass up. Should have at least 400 stones saved up by the time he comes out. If I can't get him, I'm probably rerolling.

Kyou

well now that I'm done farming and grinding and have a team of SSRs with one on the verge of becoming a UR I should get back to the story. I wonder how much easier it's going to be.

2ikZE24.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
well now that I'm done farming and grinding and have a team of SSRs with one on the verge of becoming a UR I should get back to the story. I wonder how much easier it's going to be.

2ikZE24.gif

Normal and Hard should be a breeze at least.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

2ikZE24.gif

I started playing right before the Frieza strike event started and have been doing only events since. Started doing story again yesterday...soooo much easier. I'm purposefully bringing underleveled guys just to make it fun.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This hunt for AGL Frieza (First Form) is getting me down. I've spent the last 5 days running pretty much nothing but Last Battle and have gotten a lot of Bardocks, and Support items, but still no damn Frieza ~_~

This hunt for AGL Frieza (First Form) is getting me down. I've spent the last 5 days running pretty much nothing but Last Battle and have gotten a lot of Bardocks, and Support items, but still no damn Frieza ~_~

I gave up on it, shoved a bunch of items into my slots and pounded out all the missions on Z-hard. Still no kid Vegeta and I might just ditch it cause I haven't seen the guy. Plus my PHY chars are weak. =(

He's a weakling. 4400 awakened. Don't worry too much about him. Do the special mission if you want him so bad.

chrono01

I knew this would happen to me, so I decided to focus on leveling/evolving my units and pushed through the Z-Hard missions for it [as well as Chilled]. I managed to get lucky with that, as well as Kid Vegeta.

Still no King Vegeta though, but I have a few more days for him. Hopefully I can get a drop. :/

Still no King Vegeta though, but I have a few more days for him. Hopefully I can get a drop. :/

I foolishly thought I'd be able to get a lvl 10 super on this strike mission...

At the end of the 4th day I got my first drop, no way I'm gonna farm any more unless I'm just using up stamina lol.

chrono01

I foolishly thought I'd be able to get a lvl 10 super on this strike mission...

At the end of the 4th day I got my first drop, no way I'm gonna farm any more unless I'm just using up stamina lol.
Yeah, it's pretty painful.

How is Z-Hard [if you know]? I've handled Z-Hard Chilled, Frieza, Kid Vegeta etc., with little problem, but I've read that Z-Hard King Vegeta hits extremely hard, so I'm a bit hesitant to try. I've been farming King Vegeta on Hard, for this reason. Although, apparently even on Z-Hard, his drop-rate is really low. He doesn't even seem like an especially powerful card, I just want him for completion-sake.

SnakeEyes

Banned

How is Z-Hard [if you know]? I've handled Z-Hard Chilled, Frieza, Kid Vegeta etc., with little problem, but I've read that Z-Hard King Vegeta hits extremely hard, so I'm a bit hesitant to try. I've been farming King Vegeta on Hard, for this reason. Although, apparently even on Z-Hard, his drop-rate is really low. He doesn't even seem like an especially powerful card, I just want him for completion-sake.
Maybe this is why I can't get Frieza; I've gotten 2 King Vegetas off Hard runs and already have it Awakened.

chrono01

Maybe this is why I can't get Frieza; I've gotten 2 King Vegetas off Hard runs and already have it Awakened.
Yeah, you're spending your luck elsewhere, haha.

Best of luck to you, regardless. I hope he drops for you soon, given how much time is left in the event. >_<

Cromat

Got Kid Vegeta just before the event finishes. Didn't even need to spend Dragon Stones in the end, because the Saibamen turned out INT which was very favourable. Now it's time to get his dad and move on with my life.

Aurizen

Did you get your 30-day Old/Supreme Kai yet? If so, those are guaranteed. We also, apparently get more from the download celebration we're currently having.

I get both this week haha! I'm at day 26. My consecutive log in restarted because I was out, why the login days are so late :( it should be 23:59 PST that wouldn't have happened.

Are the daily log-in better than the consecutive?

chrono01

I get both this week haha! I'm at day 26. My consecutive log in restarted because I was out, why the login days are so late :( it should be 23:59 PST that wouldn't have happened.

Are the daily log-in better than the consecutive?
Oh, nice. You're set!

To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the consecutive and daily logins. I know one you get for logging in every day and the other as a more standard "log in and you get it" kind of deal. I don't usually see the daily/consecutive login prompt [unless I return the menu screen and log back in], so most of the time the items just show up in my gift box and I accept them all. I didn't think to look at which gave what. :/

Might be different for you, but I took my best anti-INT team (not saying much though). I got wiped like a bitch. Couldn't hurt to try with the last of your stamina today though, you may end up winning!

Actually let me amend that, he's okay as long as you can block the supers. Those hurt a ton if not on a high def PHY char. Also he comes with 2 PHY lackeys but they're easy enough to kill.

chrono01

Might be different for you, but I took my best anti-INT team (not saying much though). I got wiped like a bitch. Couldn't hurt to try with the last of your stamina today though, you may end up winning!
Thanks, I think I'll stick to Hard in that case.

I have maybe...two semi-strong INT members, so I'm not sure I'd like to try, especially given that the unit still isn't guaranteed as a drop on Z-Hard. It's difficult no matter what tier you go for, so I'll stay on Hard and hope for the best. I'm not trying for multiple, just one is enough.

I have maybe...two semi-strong INT members, so I'm not sure I'd like to try, especially given that the unit still isn't guaranteed as a drop on Z-Hard. It's difficult no matter what tier you go for, so I'll stay on Hard and hope for the best. I'm not trying for multiple, just one is enough.

Actually, just to illustrate this is the team I won with:

Just had to take a good PHY booster along cause if you're caught without a PHY unit during his turn it hurts. Ended up using 2 or 3 items to win it, might want to catch the supers with the reset trick for minimal pain. I think you could prolly manage it.

(I also got the drop on that run if that is encouraging news lol)

chrono01

Actually, just to illustrate this is the team I won with:

Just had to take a good PHY booster along cause if you're caught without a PHY unit during his turn it hurts. Ended up using 2 or 3 items to win it, might want to catch the supers with the reset trick for minimal pain. I think you could prolly manage it.

(I also got the drop on that run if that is encouraging news lol)
Sorry, I meant PHY users, not INT.

I do have that King Cold, although besides him I just have a R [well, SR now] Android #19. I do have an Android #16 too, but he's still an SR and not awakened yet.

Thanks, I'll give Hard a few more tries and then see.

Aurizen

ah I see haha well I'm just happy I'm getting them this week :D

I need WAY more zeni and low-end normal awakening tokens for training fodder.

If you were a sucker like me, you could've farmed "AGI Frieza" (aka Bardock) and just trained 3 into each other for an easy lvl 30 training fodder. No awakening medals necessary...

Speaking of which:

I'm not actually sure whether it was worth it or not. But it's a thing of beauty.

chrono01

If you were a sucker like me, you could've farmed "AGI Frieza" (aka Bardock) and just trained 3 into each other for an easy lvl 30 training fodder. No awakening medals necessary...

Speaking of which:

I'm not actually sure whether it was worth it or not. But it's a thing of beauty.
Nice work! I just saw him on my list, congrats!

Oh, and King Vegeta FINALLY obtained! Now I can focus on the story missions again. Bastard wouldn't drop for me.

Nice work! I just saw him on my list, congrats!

Oh, and King Vegeta FINALLY obtained! Now I can focus on the story missions again. Bastard wouldn't drop for me.

Thanks!

And yeah, totally felt the King Vegeta pain too. Good that you got him though, eventually! Did you end up getting it on a hard run?

chrono01

Thanks!

And yeah, totally felt the King Vegeta pain too. Good that you got him though, eventually! Did you end up getting it on a hard run?
I did, yeah. Not sure how many runs it took, but it was two days of constant farming.

I know the Bardock event ends in around an hour and a half, I wonder if we'll get a new story mission to take its place. Personally, I'd like a break to farm some awakening medals, level my units, and do story missions, haha.

I'm feeling it too. It's almost stressful how much strike/story runs are needed just to max a character. Or in this case, to even get one.

I haven't even made my 4th Shenron wish yet, that's how far behind I am lol.

I think its dumb how much Z hard requires from you. You need awakened characters, about 4 of them to avoid the extreme damage you get from bosses. At least 3 of the same type that the boss is weak against to avoid being routed unless you can power through.

The end result is just SR cards at best. If we were fighting for SSR cards then it would be more worth it to throw away some stones in an attempt to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom