• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

Good job, SnakeEyes. By the way, what's this quick+ restart trick? Is it a way to restart a quest without using up stamina or something?
It's a way to be able to react to an enemy's super attack. Once you see they are doing a super attack, hit the home button, close the app, and then relaunch. It will ask you if you want to resume the current quest, and if you do you start the turn before the super attack, so items like king Yamma can be really useful.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Good job, SnakeEyes. By the way, what's this quick+ restart trick? Is it a way to restart a quest without using up stamina or something?
Yus, just beat Chilled as well!

And the Quit + Restart tricks works for the iOS version (unsure about Android), but when you see that the opponent is about to use a Super attack/something that will kill you, you can quickly press the Home button to go back to the main screen of your device, double-click the Home button and quit the Dokkan Battle application, then reload it and continue from the suspended game. it'll reload to the start of the turn and you can reselect what bubble trails to use, what items to use to counter the Super move, etc.

Yaya

Neo Member
Seriously. The PHY daily is great for them, since the path is really long. Run it or Normal, since the white capsules spawn more frequently there.

I'm planning on running it non-stop today to stock up. On Saturday, I'm going to see if I've farmed enough to awaken the rest of my INT/PHY/STR members [and level them up] to see if I can tackle any of the Z-Hard content.
This all day long. Been doing this for the last hour or so and managed to get over 50 gregories. Did they finally increase the drop rate for him?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I don't have a single one lol
Start pulling those Friend Summon multi-packs :)

Also, how easy is the rest of Z-Hard in the new event? I figure that it's probably easier to get the Frieza (First From) from the Mission reward instead of trying to farm him, but only if I'm not wasting my time, Stamina, and items.

Man, Aiii is my MVP right now. His TEC #17 along with Chilled pretty much neuters Z-hard Frieza on last battle. I regret not having more 17s on my friend list so I can farm him though =(

bDsVc16.png

Took a bit. Enjoyed farming him as opposes to AGL Freiza atm (lol bardock cards).

Hiltz

It's a way to be able to react to an enemy's super attack. Once you see they are doing a super attack, hit the home button, close the app, and then relaunch. It will ask you if you want to resume the current quest, and if you do you start the turn before the super attack, so items like king Yamma can be really useful.

What a useful trick. Thanks for the explanation, SnakeEyes and Arramos.

chrono01

This all day long. Been doing this for the last hour or so and managed to get over 50 gregories. Did they finally increase the drop rate for him?
I don't believe the rate of him dropping has been increased, it's just that you can get so many more common awakening capsules per PHY [Normal] run. The course is littered with them, and 90% of the time you get them from the "?" mark spots too. I'm up to 99 of them now.

Edit - Now 122.

SkyB

Banned
Like it even says in the tutorial statements, putting together a " strong " team really isn't the point in this game. Putting together a team that works well together though, with passive skills constantly activating and Link skills constantly activating, is much better then just throwing together a full SSR team just for the sake of it.

For example when using my Fasha lead for 15% attack for anyone, it would be easy for me to just throw together my highest ATK cards and be done with it. But if I actually put my lower ATK Saiyan's along with Fasha suddenly I get 15% ATK boost from Team Bardock boost and then another +700 ATK from the Saiyan Warrior Race group and so on. Suddenly those weaker ATK cards are WAY stronger then my highest ATK SSR card that doesn't match up with Fasha or any of the other cards in the group.

You can also get better usage out of cards that have passive abilities that activate more often. +Ki all the time or " x happens with 5 ki or more " or whatever. Some stuff like rare chance at 100% ATK boost is worth it because once it does activate, you can put together a super power strike, but it is all luck really.

For example

Is by far my strongest team because every single member of the group links with the others. Sometimes with multiple links like Fasha / Bardock or Vegeta / Nappa ( 10% ATK boost! ). With this group sometimes my regular attack is up to 16K+.
Nice I
Have all does card might as well train them

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
High-five, dude! Seriously, I didn't think I was ever gonna beat him or Frieza on Z-Hard, but did them both today.
Beat it with this team and a guest level 50ish form 4 frieza:

yEYV6iI.jpg

(Nappa's super is level 6, King Cold's is level 3, mecha frieza's is level 2)

I ended up with like 44,000 HP. Brought along the 25% healing dende, full dende heal, and senzu items.

I was down to ~12,000 HP, and chilled was in the red, so he was definitely going to kill me with a super on his next attack, even if I blocked with an int character.

Well, chilled end up being the 4th character to attack in the turn (after my 3 characters), but he never got the chance - I placed mecha frieza as my 3rd attacker, and finished him off with mecha frieza's super. :O

SnakeEyes

Banned
20/20 bardocks from Last Battle.
5 Frieza spawned in Futile Struggle, 0 drop.

Really wonder how to farm AGI Frieza.
I'm sticking with Last Battle Hard for the time being.
Also, never change from your UR Goku - he's been a godsend for me recently :D

Edit: Only just realised that I never added myself to the GAF Google Docs spreadsheet in the OP. That has now been rectified :)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think I've farmed at least 100 Gregory medals today, and I'm already down to around 20. Another hour of farming left!

chrono01

I've been Z-awakening a bunch of upgrade fodder. Also Z-awakened King Cold, which took a big chunk by itself.
I have around 5-6 units to Z-Awaken, as well as level up, so I know I'm going to need as many as I can get. Trying to get up-to-date so I can actually do some of the Z-Hard events.

The PHY daily [Normal] is definitely where I'm going to farm these Gregory medals. Only 8 stamina per run and so many capsules to collect.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
After all that grinding, did a bunch of upgrading:

oOKT7uS.jpg

Starting to run low on training items now. Also down a ton of Zeni as well.

Now to get at least one King Vegeta, then try to grind for more Friezas/Bardocks. I can grind for more King Vegetas later once the other event ends.

EDIT: Wow, the way it did the layout with Freeza, Chilled, Mecha Freeza, and King Cold there in the upper middle looks pretty cool.

BrunoM

Damn there's mo way for king vegeta to drop for me lol ..

Will keep at it but getting to that point of being mad at the game and don't enjoy that feeling may just say fuck it to long vegets lol

SkyB

Banned
DNQtOA8.jpg
done king vegeta on z hard 15 times zero drops smfh wasting my time and items lol saving yen and awaken medals for my ssr goku

Eventually you'll awaken everybody, don't sweat it too much. That King Cold will be useful later.

I got like 3 more characters to awaken. I started with 7 to awaken today. I got the medals, just no money...

My current roster.

BrunoM

DNQtOA8.jpg
done king vegeta on z hard 15 times zero drops smfh wasting my time and items lol saving yen and awaken medals for my ssr goku
I know that feeling and right after my last post with my last 15 energy I got him to drop lol wow finally !!!
Not even going to bother with farming got him once I'm good ...

Now to see of I get freza to drop lol
Screenshot_2015-08-22-06-04-54.png

theta11

Now I know why Frieza blew up Planet Vegeta...

Took me 22 runs (used 4 stones to refresh) and 9 dragon stones.

What mission did you do?

I'm mixing it up between Prince and Prelude. :(

Still no luck.

Edit: Scratch that, finally dropped 2 runs after writing this from a King Vegeta in Planet Vegeta's Prince.

SkyB

Banned
WVxTf6n.jpg
update just got king vegeta 5 min ago already ssr my farming is over I'm just going to play the rest of the story mission now fuck alg freezia

linkent

I'm sticking with Last Battle Hard for the time being.
Also, never change from your UR Goku - he's been a godsend for me recently :D

Edit: Only just realised that I never added myself to the GAF Google Docs spreadsheet in the OP. That has now been rectified :)
Apparently there will be another AGL Frieza event (strike)
I assume it will be easier to farm there..
Currently i will switch my focus on Kid and Chilled instead..

Kyou

Two questions, which stage drops:
1. AGL Frieza
2. The Tora(fivehead guy) awakening medal for Bardock (hooray finding it on accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom