• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Lurk

Banned
I'm new to this, I say new, I have grinded from 0-37 in a couple days.

Any advice on good teams, or ways to get new characters etc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm new to this, I say new, I have grinded from 0-37 in a couple days.

Any advice on good teams, or ways to get new characters etc.

Probably best to post a screenshot of your Character list so people can recommend you what units to focus on. Early on you wanna rank up as much as possible so that you can fit a team with your best units.

Did you reroll before starting ? You probably wanna start the game with at least a couple good units - we are likely getting a banner with two new Top Tier God leads this week, so you wanna save your stones and pulls for that banner...or even consider rerolling for those units.

Lurk

Banned
Probably best to post a screenshot of your Character list so people can recommend you what units to focus on. Early on you wanna rank up as much as possible so that you can fit a team with your best units.

Did you reroll before starting ? You probably wanna start the game with at least a couple good units - we are likely getting a banner with two new Top Tier God leads this week, so you wanna save your stones and pulls for that banner...or even consider rerolling for those units.

Current Character List

Lurk

Banned
Yeah you should reroll come Friday. Stock up on stones until then, pull on the banner, and if you get shit, start a new account. There is nothing here worth keeping if the new banner gives you shit.

Thanks for the advice I will keep all my stones and try get 50-100 before banner change.

cw_sasuke

Well as Trashcan said...you probably will want to reroll for SSj4 Gogeta this week - which is perfectly fine since you are still very early in this game, so you arent losing much progress. Keep your current account and use whatever stones you have on the new banner when we get it...if you are lucky and pull a Top Tier lead keep the account, otherwise reroll.

when you take LR Gohan to Golden Frieza

PxC0LEO.png

Best part, his ki meter wasn't even completely full. Feel bad for any future TEQ dokkan bosses.

First SSJ that started as an R and ended up an SSR. Also the first non UR SSJ I believe.

I got him to SA8 and he was a beast lol. Of course i didn't know better and didn't take him to 10.

Perfect person to farm if you need to up SA on LR Gohan.

Oh and he was the best PHY unit for a long ass time when PHY had the weakest selection of units until PHY Ultimate Gohan. He was better than PHY SSJ Vegeta who was a UR or PHY Xeno Trunks lol.

Yeah PHY SSJ Vegeta was straight garbage. xD

Can you farm cards to raise the SA of the AGL Gohan you can get using the SSR ticket from pilaf trove? If not I'll just unlock upper left and DA him.

Closest thing is the 777 gem one in Baba shop for a single SA raise, really not worth. He's a support unit anyway so it's not that important, although it'd be nice

Okay, all medals necessary farmed, just in time for the new GT event to leave. Now time to go get 20 Baby Vegetas. Then a boatload of hercule medals. I'm going to make LR Frieza my bitch muahaha.

MicH

Closest thing is the 777 gem one in Baba shop for a single SA raise, really not worth. He's a support unit anyway so it's not that important, although it'd be nice
Oh, so should I just go ahead and Dokkan him? I almost have all the medals required.

Also, not sure of the R Gohan from the new event is even good but I already got him to SA5 just from farming the medals.

I have that same team (except SS3 Vegeta) but you just know they're gona put like 3 different AGL phases just to fuck with that team comp.

They literally can't, there is no AGL shadow dragon except for Oceanus. Unless they pull some weird stuff out of their butts it's probably gonna be all STR/PHY, and they'll probably make us fight Eis and Nuova again just because.

Meneses

They literally can't, there is no AGL shadow dragon except for Oceanus. Unless they pull some weird stuff out of their butts it's probably gonna be all STR/PHY, and they'll probably make us fight Eis and Nuova again just because.

Oceanus the new LR but just as an enemy.

edit: immune to stuns, seals and stat lowering

cw_sasuke

wish they did fights where they had no weakness

game needs to become a lot harder

People wont pull for new cards if they can never beat the Dokkan stages or those new cards arent strong against current events.

It will, some of the upcoming dokkanfests are pretty hard.

What it really needs is some kind of repeatable/weekly challenge for the high-end players. There's nothing to test your teams on besides boss rush and that's a one-and-done affair.

I thought SS4 Vegeta's was pretty tough, even with the weaknesses since they were such niche cards. Goku's wasn't bad thanks to AGL being so strong right now, but Vegeta's was quite the challenge. Was a grind that I actually had to pay a lot of attention to.

I thought SS4 Vegeta's was pretty tough, even with the weaknesses since they were such niche cards. Goku's wasn't bad thanks to AGL being so strong right now, but Vegeta's was quite the challenge. Was a grind that I actually had to pay a lot of attention to.

Yeah I agree. Vegeta's event was harder than I expected it to be. I had been steamrolling through content so frequently that I was caught off guard the first time I did it.

It will, some of the upcoming dokkanfests are pretty hard.

What it really needs is some kind of repeatable/weekly challenge for the high-end players. There's nothing to test your teams on besides boss rush and that's a one-and-done affair.
Super 17s is really annoying with his absorption technique and of course getting through Buu's all super attack round can be dicey as well.

Chucker

For your AGI team I'd switch out GF and SSJ3 Goku for SSJ2 Gohan (when dokkaned) and SSB Vegeta.

Finished up Gohan this morning and switched those two out. This team is a Ki Battery for the most part, Rose is the only exception, but he starts with 6 instead of 8-9 instead. It's ridiculous.

Fox1304

Is Saiyan Spirit SSJ2 teen gohan worth dokkaning ?
I already have a pretty buff STR team (SSJ4 goku, SSJ3 GT Goku, SSJ3 Vegeta, Trunks GT, Paikuhan, and Gogeta, all dokkaned), and was wondering if it was worth the effort ?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I already have a pretty buff STR team (SSJ4 goku, SSJ3 GT Goku, SSJ3 Vegeta, Trunks GT, Paikuhan, and Gogeta, all dokkaned), and was wondering if it was worth the effort ?

He's better than SSJ3 Vegeta for the team

Arrrammis

Definitely worth dokkan awakening, he's not on the same level as Super Gogeta or SSj4 Goku, but he still does really good damage.

Maybe if you want a pure damage team, but on any recent Dokkan event I'll take the 80% damage reduction and 70% chance to stun on super over a touch more damage.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's 50% to stun and it's not going to be easy to super with him since he really only has ki links with Gogeta. Might as well kill instead of prolonging the battle, SSJ4 Goku+ SSJ3 Goku/Gogeta usually kill anyways, last person is there for cleanup.

Fox1304

Definitely worth dokkan awakening, he's not on the same level as Super Gogeta or SSj4 Goku, but he still does really good damage.

Maybe if you want a pure damage team, but on any recent Dokkan event I'll take the 80% damage reduction and 70% chance to stun on super over a touch more damage.

Yeah he seems nice. And I also thought that the Vegeta SSJ3 was very useful with his tanking and stun ability. I was actually thinking of replacing paikuhan, but he also has some great abilities!

Fox1304

It's 50% to stun and it's not going to be easy to super with him since he really only has ki links with Gogeta. Might as well kill instead of prolonging the battle, SSJ4 Goku+ SSJ3 Goku/Gogeta usually kill anyways, last person is there for cleanup.

SSJ2 gohan shPuld mink better? It's true that vegeta is a bit hard to super in this team.

MicH

Just got Baby Vegeta to SA10 and dokkaned him. I can Z-Awakening him again. That's crazy. That's the last time he awakens, right? Or do I need more materials?

Also, which stage is best to farm Hercule medals?

cw_sasuke

Dodge Bulma is a bit OP as a defensive unit especially teamed up with Future Mai...non stop fuckery lol.
Guess the time of using a bunch of recovery iteams on my Super team are over for now.

It has to be SSJ2 Gohan which the farmed cards in the event are not.
Ah okay, Yeh def not worth 777 gems, Ek is 350 and he gives it to whomever I want.
Hnnnnnnnng

Pretty neat, RIGHT?

I had both supports out
I'm like 80% sure I had two dupes of him that I spent on SA before dupe system was here in global. FeelsBadMan.

Just got Baby Vegeta to SA10 and dokkaned him. I can Z-Awakening him again. That's crazy. That's the last time he awakens, right? Or do I need more materials?

Also, which stage is best to farm Hercule medals?

It goes GT Vegeta > Z Awaken > Dokkan into Baby Vegeta > Z Awaken > Dokkan into Super Baby 1

If your goal is use for the frieza event, you need the following:

-20 vegeta cards (assuming no dupe paths)
-20 of each medal farmable medal
-9,000 hercule medals that gets you 9 Baby medals

That'll get you SA10 Super Baby 1 and SA10 Baby Vegeta, who share 5 link skills and are really strong together.

Fox1304

Mono str with dual SSJ4 goku leads just rolls ober perfect cell event, it's incredible. Took around 20min to farm the 35 medals I needed. Goku one shots every phase of cell.

Ade

Hi.

So I've been playing a bit at random recently, don't really know what I'm doing, what friends are for or what I should be doing.

Here are my cards:
y4mYOSzkLcVnVtfnPBReKJNdecJu-_YkrZqHnfB86ZzRISjy0MxDndfUKJOUNMgYwvDzCE2uioXE7gDhITxhl63MjCuhZw5uJTIeEWYvTSUgteRfBf6VpFrM-hux-oE0lf1MDf6Y3vrFNOAaJAE9UwSkqgZaFoKtDMVuwnvqvkfkpTKGtGVnQSWfUt7typQfJdiH3hHDc7Dl2x4I9Oik_RLdw

y4m0siVmtlwJzXs_vyJmDpQpGM4Q26jM5KtKVHj-In03U6slrsbMafJfxTtkDvRSh7dGbIRLBSmFp4X3qDxAcDwJl6ETm9ARSfLV_PB1zthSbrVS8QVXXKmQ83c5YStIGnkX_1MZMR8ciHxL-iuZxEygJ0G6R1TeNRNvKR3_keKTabQtQPSw0s26lMkSvJh3pzCy1ZwilCGZwEa5mZ16xrqjQ

y4mlApWk9BwCfdH2T7VCyFNG9LF2yI17_6_b2iQ-Ys10l_gaToo7bEoFNdRsDAZc-acRfcP1HdQw2TPvHmbyr_O5EiINNs0aunVkJYlvX4DbUSG-VuPT6tKe63O0JzlcoOkmMvOUA30N98LSh1VtgF7jFl8aED4l4hk-vPHrgr1o5ZqyMS389ajUUCMA6_Uk98sGY5ItE2i71WfZdmsEYcExg

Farmed Gohan medals. Just needed 9. Did the mission 4 times. 1 was a Gohan. 2 were 3 medals and the last mission was 2 medals. So now I have 1 medal to get...... wtf rng!!!!

MicH

It goes GT Vegeta > Z Awaken > Dokkan into Baby Vegeta > Z Awaken > Dokkan into Super Baby 1

If your goal is use for the frieza event, you need the following:

-20 vegeta cards (assuming no dupe paths)
-20 of each medal farmable medal
-9,000 hercule medals that gets you 9 Baby medals

That'll get you SA10 Super Baby 1 and SA10 Baby Vegeta, who share 5 link skills and are really strong together.
Thanks for the breakdown. Hopefully I can manage to farm everything before the newest GT event ends.

Top Bottom