• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Ariexv

So gogeta is either insane... or incredibly limiting to the point of being useless(as a lead), while omega wants gogeta on its team with ss4 vegeta but goku gets left out

Ashodin

Is it? There's only so much you can do, but this at least gets more creative with teams as they add more cards to categories.

the fact that beam attacks have a special logo now make me wonder if they'll put out leaders that specialize in beam attacks, fighting moves, etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
the fact that beam attacks have a special logo now make me wonder if they'll put out leaders that specialize in beam attacks, fighting moves, etc.

No, that's for an upcoming boss fight, you'll need to know what to hit him with, Physical or Ki attacks.

Pretty excited about this new meta though, really think it's add something new and interesting to the game instead of constantly just upping percentages on mono teams, love running rainbow teams.

I mean, Global isn't really getting the shaft either. They get Gogeta and right around the corner is Angel Goku Mono TEQ lead, those two cards on one team will rip straight through the game.

Yes, we are. First of all, the Fusion Dance being the only way is stupid. Should've been Fused Fighters link. Second, Japan gets the upper hand cause we're never getting that Dragon Ball Heroes banner.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Any chance that they might have different leaders on global? Those teams are boring as hell tbh...

Yeah...these are the worst Top Tier leads that have been introduced since ive started playing this game. Whats the point of such leads when your can only chose from like 5 team members,

Considering how few characters use the Fusion Dance i doubt those teams will get much better in the future anyway.

Hope i pull a VB dupe or SSJ4 Vegeta so i can keep playing my Super/AGL/Extreme teams.

Wow this is deflating. We get the new Gogeta/Gotenks leader and the new Shadow Dragons+SSJ4 Vegeta leader. That blows chunks tbh. If you don't have the optimal cards these teams are a bummer regardless of how high the boost is. Total hype killer. Not sure why they left out Potaras or didn't just make Omega a blanket GT leader, at least that would've allowed for a BIT more variety. Now we're getting leader skills that are way too specific. Not a fan.

Yes, we are. First of all, the Fusion Dance being the only way is stupid. Should've been Fused Fighters link. Second, Japan gets the upper hand cause we're never getting that Dragon Ball Heroes banner.

The cards from the Dragon Ball Heroes banner are listed as inactive, so it looks like we will be getting them at some point. Honestly, because of Gogeta's leader skill we could get them sooner than later. Have the 3X, 30 stone SSR type pull they've had before to entice anyone who pulled Gogeta.

The cards from the Dragon Ball Heroes banner are listed as inactive, so it looks like we will be getting them at some point. Honestly, because of Gogeta's leader skill we could get them sooner than later. Have the 3X, 30 stone SSR type pull they've had before to entice anyone who pulled Gogeta.

They have been in inactive forever, as have many other cards. It doesn't necessarily mean we're going to get them. They have to license them separately I believe so it may not be worth the bother. But since SSJ3 Teen Gotenks is optimal for the fusion team, Global is kind of getting shafted without him a little bit.

Honestly at this point I think I'll do a 3+1 on each banner and call it quits, save the rest of my stones for INT Gogeta. The Gogeta team kind of sucks anyway until we get INT Gogeta and PHY SSJ3 Gotenks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow this is deflating. We get the new Gogeta/Gotenks leader and the new Shadow Dragons+SSJ4 Vegeta leader. That blows chunks tbh. If you don't have the optimal cards these teams are a bummer regardless of how high the boost is. Total hype killer. Not sure why they left out Potaras or didn't just make Omega a blanket GT leader, at least that would've allowed for a BIT more variety. Now we're getting leader skills that are way too specific. Not a fan.

Yeah....wish they would have just gone the 70-90 route for Heroes and Villians instead of this. Seems like they want people to keep using their Rose/VB leaders and not make them obsolete by those new leads....but yeah total hype killer lol.

I'm the only one waiting for the new STR Janemba?
That card looks pretty good, in particular on a DEF side! :D

He's great but Extreme STR is kinda ehh outside of Omega and LR Broly. I would only go for him if you have them both and would rather run that team than any of the better ones. And since the other banner going up at the same time is the absolutely ridiculously stacked INT Gogeta banner, I know where my stones are going.

Yup. I mean, sure, this would've made a lot. They should've just dropped to 120%. Fused Fighters/GT link and we had nice leaders and a new way to get relevant leaders for everyone. Bamco messed up.

shower thought: this is going to expose the deficiencies in the friend leader system even more. Imagine 6 months from now when there are all the 120% type leaders, the super/extreme/rainbow leaders, and the category leaders. Good luck finding anyone who isn't ultra popular. Gogeta won't be an issue, but will anyone run Omega teams a few months from now when it isn't that fire to begin with and that category is unlikely to see many cards added to it?

shower thought: this is going to expose the deficiencies in the friend leader system even more. Imagine 6 months from now when there are all the 120% type leaders, the super/extreme/rainbow leaders, and the category leaders. Good luck finding anyone who isn't ultra popular. Gogeta won't be an issue, but will anyone run Omega teams a few months from now when it isn't that fire to begin with and that category is unlikely to see many cards added to it?

Heck, when you think of it, that makes Omega way too OP. Basically means he's getting Gogeta SSJ4, Goku SSJ4, Vegeta SSJ4, Super 17 in one team.
That's a team of 5 neo leaders. But for Gogeta ? That basically means Super Gogeta and Gotenks SSJ3. 3 neo leaders.

Heck, when you think of it, that makes Omega way too OP. Basically means he's getting Gogeta SSJ4, Goku SSJ4, Vegeta SSJ4, Super 17 in one team.
That's a team of 5 neo leaders. But for Gogeta ? That basically means Super Gogeta and Gotenks SSJ3. 3 neo leaders.
Only ssj4 vegeta is in the shadow dragon arc, bot goku

They have been in inactive forever, as have many other cards. It doesn't necessarily mean we're going to get them. They have to license them separately I believe so it may not be worth the bother. But since SSJ3 Teen Gotenks is optimal for the fusion team, Global is kind of getting shafted without him a little bit.

Honestly at this point I think I'll do a 3+1 on each banner and call it quits, save the rest of my stones for INT Gogeta. The Gogeta team kind of sucks anyway until we get INT Gogeta and PHY SSJ3 Gotenks.

The Heroes Cards have been? Could have sworn they had only been there for like a week or so, also didn't realize about the licensing issue. I'll probably end up doing the same, maybe try a few times for VB on the 200 banner.

We're already getting that problem right now on JPN. How hard is it to find a cooler friend even though he's a pretty good unit and Extreme PHY is not that bad
mind you I don't play on JPN but from seeing Nano saying how hard it is to find a cooler friend as well as finding a star cooler friend be a running joke in the subreddit.
. With Gogeta and Omega, you have to run the popular team or else not find anyone.

And we're back to another 2 hour unscheduled maintenance.

MicH

God, they really need to fix their server issues. Shit goes down every time something happens, even for freaking login bonuses. Smh

Meneses

I guess that explains the secrecy around these characters.

The good thing about these being underwhelming is that I can just do a couple summons on each and not be disappointed, and just start saving for INT.

Tfw you've got a 3 dupes SA10 karoly..
And bulpan
And coolieza
And janembu
And chiaoma.. Fuck chiaoman would aoe for a fuckton of damage.
Kinda wish I got the bardock one as well now, his nuke damage would be wild at 300%

Skii

Wow these categories are super disappointing. I don't understand why they'd exclude potaras from the fusion category... Even if they make a potara category later, there's literally not enough characters to fill it lol. This is so confusing and stupid.

All this does is force people to spend more stones and money to get very specific units for these very specific and restrictive leaders.

idonteven

this might be good ?

ssj4 gogeta
teqssj3 gotenks
phy gotenks
LR goku
teq bardock
str gogeta
ssj4 gogeta

2 sealers and goku wont hit super hard but it sure beats the shitty gotenks you would otherwise use

Tfw you've got a 3 dupes SA10 karoly..
And bulpan
And coolieza
And janembu
And chiaoma.. Fuck chiaoman would aoe for a fuckton of damage.
Kinda wish I got the bardock one as well now, his nuke damage would be wild at 300%

lol I was thinking of you going hard on the Fusions banner just now. Who knew it'd pay off like this?

But generally, this just increases the gap between haves and have-nots. Got the optimal Fusions team on JP? Congrats, you have the best team in the game. Missing 2 of the optimal units? Welp, you lost 75% of your damage. Outside of Fusions banner characters it's literally Gotenks and Gogeta: The team

If i pull gogeta my team could only be atm for what i have

Ssj4 gogeta
Str gotenks
Phy ssj gotenks
3 teq unita lol

So def need to make room in my heroes team for him somewhere

We're already getting that problem right now on JPN. How hard is it to find a cooler friend even though he's a pretty good unit and Extreme PHY is not that bad
mind you I don't play on JPN but from seeing Nano saying how hard it is to find a cooler friend as well as finding a star cooler friend be a running joke in the subreddit.
. With Gogeta and Omega, you have to run the popular team or else not find anyone.

And we're back to another 2 hour unscheduled maintenance.

Yup. Extreme PHY is awesome but it's a chore finding Cooler leads... let alone SA10, dokkaned, etc. xD I also have a sweet Extreme INT team, but 5 people pulled for INT Buu. ;__;

this might be good ?

ssj4 gogeta
teqssj3 gotenks
phy gotenks
LR goku
teq bardock
str gogeta
ssj4 gogeta

2 sealers and goku wont hit super hard but it sure beats the shitty gotenks you would otherwise use

The Team could work but when the Fusions banner comes back, you should try to pull for Pandel and Karoly.

It seems like the Shadow Dragons arc team out damages the Fusions one by about 100k so not that much and both teams are pretty good, but still random.

Also what should I do with an extra dupe of Syn Shenron, already opened his top left path so should I open his bottom left even though I probably can't get his SA to 10.

Yup. Extreme PHY is awesome but it's a chore finding Cooler leads... let alone SA10, dokkaned, etc. xD I also have a sweet Extreme INT team, but 5 people pulled for INT Buu. ;__;

Having a PHY broly/Goku black team.

latest

Hopefully Omega Shenron and the Goku black buff, pushes people to use Cooler more.

Also what should I do with an extra dupe of Syn Shenron, already opened his top left path so should I open his bottom left even though I probably can't get his SA to 10.

There's an SR Syn Shenron card coming on these banners that will be good fodder to raise PHY Syn's SA. I believe he can even be dokkaned to natural SSR so if you want you can raise him to UR for a 100% chance, but I'd probably stick with 50%

Having a PHY broly/Goku black team.

latest

Hopefully Omega Shenron and the Goku black buff, pushes people to use Cooler more.

It's time we showed them their real shit. Cooler/FP Frieza is such a great combo on top of Cooler showing no chill when he attacks. Pulling the new Omega in JP would be sweet. Also, they need to bring back that other PHY Super Buu for true OPTIMAL status.

At the very least in global if I pulled Omega, I can put my duped out Syn Shenron to use...

Aiii

So not worth it

That said, yesterday my friend list was full of PHY Cooler all of a sudden, and I don't know why.

There's an SR Syn Shenron card coming on these banners that will be good fodder to raise PHY Syn's SA. I believe he can even be dokkaned to natural SSR so if you want you can raise him to UR for a 100% chance, but I'd probably stick with 50%

Well that just works out perfectly for me, hopefully I call pull enough SYN Shenron's to get him to SA 10.

It's time we showed them their real shit. Cooler/FP Frieza is such a great combo on top of Cooler showing no chill when he attacks. Pulling the new Omega in JP would be sweet. Also, they need to bring back that other PHY Super Buu for true OPTIMAL status.

That fucking Dub I swear I need to use that quote against SSJ4 Gogeta.
I completely forgot about Super Buu and his healing goodness.
That makes an optimal Extreme PHY:
Cooler
FP Freeza
Omega Shenron
Syn Shenron
Goku Black
Super Buu
and a friend Cooler.
That looks pretty dope team, offensive, defensive and healing. I want that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
ehhh. These leads are kind of a bummer. Especially Omega, given that the only really strrong Shadow Dragon arc character other than the lead is Str Omega, who can't be used on the same team.

I don't even have SSJ4 Vegeta so the whole thing is kind of a wet fart.

Cruxist

Wow. Everybody's upset about the category leaders? I think this is exactly what the game needs. Paves the way for more varied teams while keeping the viability of hero/villain/mono leaders intact. I really hope we get a great ape leader or a universe 6 leader.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow. Everybody's upset about the category leaders? I think this is exactly what the game needs. Paves the way for more varied teams while keeping the viability of hero/villain/mono leaders intact. I really hope we get a great ape leader or a universe 6 leader.

Not everybody.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

They just seem too limiting, at least on Global. Like, I can't even field a full Shadow Dragon arc team without using an R or SR since I'm lacking a couple of the specific units like Syn and SSJ4 Vegeta:

Phys Omega (if I pull him)
Phys Pan
Str GT Trunks
Eis
Nouva
(shrug)

Of course I could get RNG Blessed and pull Omega early, then use remaining stones to pull Gogeta and have a ridiculous team, but let's not count on that. I haven't had that kind of Dokkan luck.

How is a team consisting solely of different variations of Gogeta and Gotenks varied? They're even more restrictive than mono teams. You either have the optimal units or you have a shitty team, with little in between. And not even 150% leader skills will make great ape /universe 6 teams competitive with other teams with better units. Novelty, fun, sure. But at the end of the day if it isn't competitive, or even viable, who really cares?

The fact that you need the both Omega and Gogeta to make Omega's team good is kind of messed up as well since they're on opposite banners. That's never been the case before. The greed is showing. This should have been one banner with how severely limiting these leader skills are.

Skii

They could've easily done categories like "GT Saiyans/Heroes" or "GT Villains" for the new leads if they wanted to be restrictive but this is too much. People would be a lot happier if there was actually varied units in both categories but there just isn't, especially on global.

Top Bottom