• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They could've easily done categories like "GT Saiyans/Heroes" or "GT Villains" for the new leads if they wanted to be restrictive but this is too much. People would be a lot happier if there was actually varied units in both categories but there just isn't, especially on global.

Or at least release the leads with a few new cards (or dokkans of old cards) that fit on the new teams. And I mean actual new pullable cards, not event drop SR's.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow. Everybody's upset about the category leaders? I think this is exactly what the game needs. Paves the way for more varied teams while keeping the viability of hero/villain/mono leaders intact. I really hope we get a great ape leader or a universe 6 leader.

Its no like we can get really creative with team building now...either you own those 5 units that can be used as subs or you dont with those lads xD

Still waiting on the Garlic Jr. Saga category.

I'm still waiting for Tapion to be in the game. He would be a good Hero lead.

So

Global still doesn't have the category system it seems? What does that mean?

I don't think this means anything. Changing their leader skill would throw everyone for a loop and further cement the differences between JPN and GLB. It's probably implemented when the banner drops.
If I'm wrong then HOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOY RIOTS WILL HAPPEN.

If you didn't pull on the Fusions banner (like me) you literally have to fill Gogeta's team with a Super Strike character in the 6th slot if you wanna stick to the category and not throw in TEQ units

SS4 Gogeta
Gogeta
Gotenks
SSJ Gotenks
SSJ3 Gotenks
Fattenks/skinnytenks

wow what a fun and varied team

Actual best news about update: LR Goku stage 4 translated

Aiii

So not worth it
Why would you not consider a TEQ unit? I would totally put a good TEQ unit on there, probably gonna run Angel Goku.

Cruxist

How is a team consisting solely of different variations of Gogeta and Gotenks varied? They're even more restrictive than mono teams. You either have the optimal units or you have a shitty team, with little in between. And not even 150% leader skills will make great ape /universe 6 teams competitive with other teams with better units. Novelty, fun, sure. But at the end of the day if it isn't competitive, or even viable, who really cares?

The fact that you need the both Omega and Gogeta to make Omega's team good is kind of messed up as well since they're on opposite banners. That's never been the case before. The greed is showing. This should have been one banner with how severely limiting these leader skills are.

I think it's better for the game as a whole. Teams are already stupidly powerful. First of all, categories are a great way to broaden the base of cards beyond just link skills. It just so happens that these first two leaders have very small pools, and I do agree that that's limiting and frustrating. But this gives the game room to breathe. Over the past few months, we've had new banners so frequently. A lot of these included new god leads.

Those God leads should remain viable and hard to find. But with the category 150 leaders, the game has an out to continue making new cards and new leaders without shifting the nets every few months. Instead, you can get something like SSJ4 Gogeta who can lead his own team or be part of Shadow Dragons or be on a Super Teq team. I guess what I want to see is these leaders that create fun/more viable teams (like great apes, maybe they can't beat boss rush but can beat most Dokkan events) but also could slot in and continue to boost hero/mono teams.

It gives relief from constant banners for every person, but continues to bolster the current meta, and allows us as players time to pick and chooses when to pull.

Granted, this is from a ftp perspective, and I can empathize with whales.

lol I was thinking of you going hard on the Fusions banner just now. Who knew it'd pay off like this?

But generally, this just increases the gap between haves and have-nots. Got the optimal Fusions team on JP? Congrats, you have the best team in the game. Missing 2 of the optimal units? Welp, you lost 75% of your damage. Outside of Fusions banner characters it's literally Gotenks and Gogeta: The team

And to think I was just chasing bulpan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's better for the game as a whole. Teams are already stupidly powerful. First of all, categories are a great way to broaden the base of cards beyond just link skills. It just so happens that these first two leaders have very small pools, and I do agree that that's limiting and frustrating. But this gives the game room to breathe. Over the past few months, we've had new banners so frequently. A lot of these included new god leads.

Those God leads should remain viable and hard to find. But with the category 150 leaders, the game has an out to continue making new cards and new leaders without shifting the nets every few months. Instead, you can get something like SSJ4 Gogeta who can lead his own team or be part of Shadow Dragons or be on a Super Teq team. I guess what I want to see is these leaders that create fun/more viable teams (like great apes, maybe they can't beat boss rush but can beat most Dokkan events) but also could slot in and continue to boost hero/mono teams.

It gives relief from constant banners for every person, but continues to bolster the current meta, and allows us as players time to pick and chooses when to pull.

Granted, this is from a ftp perspective, and I can empathize with whales.

?? From an f2p perspective it's even worse because all of the units that bolster SSJ4 Gogeta are on different, future banners on Global, which is why we're getting fucked hard. JP gets his best subs, PHY SSJ3 Tenks and INT Gogeta on the banner. We have to wait months to get both of them on separate banners. For Omega's best team you need to pull both Omega and Gogeta, from different banners. If you're F2P the best thing to do is wait for the INT Gogeta banner because it has him, all his best subs, and every other Super 120% lead except Vegeta on it.

I never understand how to open these links... what does it says? :/

I arrive at the site, there is the first post totally blank and then a lot of comments... ?_?

You're not missing anything, the OP is blank, it's just the title. Kinda tells you everything you need to know in this case.

2 more hours of maintenance coming soon

high chance the banner will be delayed because of this

The maintenance ends when the banner is supposed to go live. But this is getting a bit ridiculous, we just had like 8 hours of maintenance. Get your shit together bamco

idonteven

You're not missing anything, the OP is blank, it's just the title. Kinda tells you everything you need to know in this case.

The maintenance ends when the banner is supposed to go live. But this is getting a bit ridiculous, we just had like 8 hours of maintenance. Get your shit together bamco

we all know its gonna get extended :p

ffvorax

Ah ok lol, so it means we are going to get stage 4? I still have to try to beat stage 3... :p

I read there will be an event for LR goku, but I don't know a thing about it... time to read some more information I think! :D

Ah ok lol, so it means we are going to get stage 4? I still have to try to beat stage 3... :p

I read there will be an event for LR goku, but I don't know a thing about it... time to read some more information I think! :D

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Transcended_Warrior

They key thing is that when stage 4 comes out, you will be able to use all farmable cards from Events instead of just Super Strike cards, on all the stages, not just stage 4. So it becomes a lot easier.

Skii

Or at least release the leads with a few new cards (or dokkans of old cards) that fit on the new teams. And I mean actual new pullable cards, not event drop SR's.

Yeah they couldnt even be bothered to dokkan some old units to make them more viable in these new categories. Just so fucking lazy by bandai.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah they couldnt even be bothered to dokkan some old units to make them more viable in these new categories. Just so fucking lazy by bandai.

Nouva even has a Dokkan in japan but I don't think it's coming to global today either, lol.

I'd also be a lot less butthurt if the new Omega somehow had a suffix or something in his name so you could use STR Omega on the same team. It's really dumb that the current best shadow dragon can't be used on the new shadow dragon team. It's not like SSJ4 Gogeta prevents any other strong Fusion unit from being on his team.

:O

Bad that it happens when I won't have so much time to do it probably... but I will try!!

It will be open 24/7 at half cost for like a month starting next week I believe, while this also happens:

For the 200M event few changes will be temporarily made for all Super Strike Events:
100 cost limit is removed
Player rank exp increased
Character exp increased
Character drop increased
Double Awakening Medals

This allows you to easily farm units that you can take into the event. And getting LR Goku will give you 50 DS during that time, getting him to SA20 gives 10 elder kais, and opening all his potential paths gives you all the orbs to max him out. Should be plenty of time to get all that done easily if stage 4 comes out at the same time, which is likely.

Anoregon

Damn, that sucks. So he cant lead a super team then?

SSJ4 Gogeta can still lead a super team assuming you have one of the fusion banner units and every type of gotenks:

SSJ4 lead
STR Gogeta
reg gotenks
ss gotenks
ss3 gotenks
any fusion banner unit

everythingwasgotenks.jpg

And none of the GT SSJ3 or SSJ4 Goku's are part of shadow dragon arc, so both teams are worse off than people had figured.

I still don't get the idea they had for the Shadow Dragon's arc. So SSJ4 Goku is not there because he got that form against Baby, but why is pan and Trunks there if they were in all the arcs before (and i swear the Shouruken trunks art comes from the baby battle but i cant find the scene and could be completely wrong). SSJ2 and 3 PHY GT goku is on the list but not the other GT Gokus. For Fuck's sake, Majuub is on the Shadow Dragon team but he got his form against Baby. They should have just made it a GT list and not confuse people about this
and SSJ4 Gogeta should've included Potara fusions since they'll never get a Portara fusion lead, not enough units

idonteven

watch me get no gogeta

DGTqfVzXgAA9MNN.jpg:large

LNBL

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I still don't get the idea they had for the Shadow Dragon's arc. So SSJ4 Goku is not there because he got that form against Baby, but why is pan and Trunks there if they were in all the arcs before (and i swear the Shouruken trunks art comes from the baby battle but i cant find the scene and could be completely wrong). SSJ2 and 3 PHY GT goku is on the list but not the other GT Gokus. For Fuck's sake, Majuub is on the Shadow Dragon team but he got his form against Baby. They should have just made it a GT list and not confuse people about this
and SSJ4 Gogeta should've included Potara fusions since they'll never get a Portara fusion lead, not enough units

Could be that Goku never beat the main villain of that arc while in that form. Plus, it's DB & GT, nuff said.

Anoregon

Dance+potarra on a single lead might as well just be the new super lead though. The lions share of the best units in the game are vegitos and gogetas. It would also be far and away better than any potential Omega team.

But yeah, shadow dragon arc choices are incredibly arbitrary and disappointing.

I am sure one intent of these leads is to make people actually want units that have otherwise been overlooked, and at leas they are succeeding in that. I actually wish I had Maujuub and Syn.

Anoregon

So i guess with these units, omega shenron should be the banner to go for in my case?

Yeah, having Syn and SSJ4 Vegeta is best case scenario for him.
You also want SSJ4 Gogeta for your Omega team, but I would advise you to not spend hundreds of dollars on stones trying to get both.

LNBL

Yeah, having Syn and SSJ4 Vegeta is best case scenario for him.
You also want SSJ4 Gogeta for your Omega team, but I would advise you to not spend hundreds of dollars on stones trying to get both.

Noo not gonna spend a cent on this banner. I only have 173 stones lol, ill count myself lucky if i manage to get even 1 of them haha.
Ill probably end up with a dupe R AGL dragon

So i guess with these units, omega shenron should be the banner to go for in my case?

ivmNR

If you have enough stones after hopefully pulling Omega, SSJ4 Gogeta actually fits in the team so he'll make the team even better.

Could be that Goku never beat the main villain of that arc while in that form. Plus, it's DB & GT, nuff said.
Goku and Vegeta fought Omega after their fusion wore off so that doesnt really count.

Dance+potarra on a single lead might as well just be the new super lead though. The lions share of the best units in the game are vegitos and gogetas. It would also be far and away better than any potential Omega team.

But yeah, shadow dragon arc choices are incredibly arbitrary and disappointing.

I am sure one intent of these leads is to make people actually want units that have otherwise been overlooked, and at leas they are succeeding in that. I actually wish I had Maujuub and Syn.
It could be the intention but the execution is done poorly so I guess we'll see. Maybe they'll pull a Gotenks and buff up the teams more.

It will be open 24/7 at half cost for like a month starting next week I believe, while this also happens:

For the 200M event few changes will be temporarily made for all Super Strike Events:
100 cost limit is removed
Player rank exp increased
Character exp increased
Character drop increased
Double Awakening Medals

This allows you to easily farm units that you can take into the event. And getting LR Goku will give you 50 DS during that time, getting him to SA20 gives 10 elder kais, and opening all his potential paths gives you all the orbs to max him out. Should be plenty of time to get all that done easily if stage 4 comes out at the same time, which is likely.

So here's the rub. They do all this, but how tf are we going to get Bulma/Turtle medals? That's the real question. All this stuff is good and well but if you can't dokkan your guys into Super Strike characters, it's all moo.

Top Bottom