• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Fox1304

Finally ! Got Omega on the last pull I'll be able to make !
I now have a pretty buffed Extreme team thanks to those two additions (FZ was the other).
If the leader skill is indeed GT-related, my two SSJ4 are ready !

wotter

Damn my pulls are on fire!

+- 300 stones (and 25 tickets) got me:

PHY Omega Shenron
Another PHY Omega Shenron!
STR SSJ4 Goku (new)
AGL Rosé (new)
STR Zamasu (dupe)
STR SSJ3 Goku GT (dupe)
AGL SSGSS Vegeta (new)
INT Buuhan (new)
TEQ Paikuhan (new)
TEQ Ape Bardock (new)
INT Ape Shugesh (new)

I need STR and AGL orbs asap...

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Man Gogeta's passive is so soooooooooooo helpful during the Rose colored terrorist event. Now I just need that elder kai Banner.

MicH

What are some of the easier Dokkan events? Just tried the Golden Frieza one and failed with my AGL team. Apparently I need a few characters with the Fierce Battle link to do the Super Vegito dokkan event and only dokkaned characters get it?

Tamanon

Banned
What are some of the easier Dokkan events? Just tried the Golden Frieza one and failed with my AGL team. Apparently I need a few characters with the Fierce Battle link to do the Super Vegito dokkan event and only dokkaned characters get it?

Basically anything before Super Vegito is super easy with the power creep. If you have OG Gogeta, I suggest starting with his.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
YleMib1.png

first pull in the Yi Xing Long banner. Finally got a Vegito

Well somehow I managed to get back up to 26 stones last night. Hoping to push for 50 again either today or tomorrow which will get my last free pull too. You better drop in those two you dumb red haired half ape.

Sec0nd

What team should I run for the Omega event? I saw people say SSJ4 Goku teams destroyed that, but how do you get passed the AGL bit?

Tamanon

Banned
What team should I run for the Omega event? I saw people say SSJ4 Goku teams destroyed that, but how do you get passed the AGL bit?

SS4 Goku hits pretty hard that you only get two or three turns on the AGL bit usually. Never mind if you get a crit.

Then it's type advantage + GT links for one-shotting final form.

Tamanon

Banned
What other characters would you recommend to run?

As many STR GT guys as you can get.

My Current SS4 Goku team is:

SS4 Goku
SS3 Goku
SSJ GT Trunks
SS3 Vegeta GT
STR Gogeta
SSJ2 Trunks

Really, Goku's doing your heavy lifting, so you can also go more defensive, since you'll be relying on him to crush the nonbelievers.

Sec0nd

As many STR GT guys as you can get.

My Current SS4 Goku team is:

SS4 Goku
SS3 Goku
SSJ GT Trunks
SS3 Vegeta GT
STR Gogeta
SSJ2 Trunks

Really, Goku's doing your heavy lifting, so you can also go more defensive, since you'll be relying on him to crush the nonbelievers.

It feels like I'm doing something super wrong. My Super STR characters aren't that powerful so maybe that's it. But The AGL part completely drains me from all my items, only to get destroyed in the STR part. Running a Super team got my to the final stage but only to run out of items before reaching the end of the massive amount of health bars. My Super STR team:

SSJ4 Goku
Gogeta
Beerus
Pikkon
Goten
Mystic Gohan

Maybe I'll go try a Super AGL team with a SSJ4 Goku in there or something.

Meneses

Yeah after the 3+1 of course

On the one hand, free stones

on the other hand, everyone whaled out on these shit cards and bandi namci has no incentive to not fuck us again

giphy.gif

Yeah, it's pretty sad.

I also couldn't resist wasting all my stones even though I said I wouldn't. Didn't get any of the 2 main cards either.

On the other hand, my SS4 Goku has 2 dupes and SSBKK and Rose have all paths open (no orbs though).

Khansolo1

General rule of thumb is critical most of the time, combo if they have a special effect like lowering defense that'd you want to happen twice
I have a Ssj4 goku and bottom right path I went: critical 3x, and one combo. Should I try and balance them both now that I unlocked the upper left?

General rule of thumb is critical most of the time, combo if they have a special effect like lowering defense that'd you want to happen twice

lowering defense is a bad example because it does next to nothing on most events. But if you have someone who lowers attack and that is their primary value (like Pikon) then double attack is good. INT and STR Gogeta benefit more from combo attack as well. Everything else: Always Be Crit.

Khansolo1

lowering defense is a bad example because it does next to nothing on most events. But if you have someone who lowers attack and that is their primary value (like Pikon) then double attack is good. INT and STR Gogeta benefit more from combo attack as well. Everything else: Always Be Crit.
Is there a guide which describes what path to take for each specific character?

It feels like I'm doing something super wrong. My Super STR characters aren't that powerful so maybe that's it. But The AGL part completely drains me from all my items, only to get destroyed in the STR part. Running a Super team got my to the final stage but only to run out of items before reaching the end of the massive amount of health bars. My Super STR team:

SSJ4 Goku
Gogeta
Beerus
Pikkon
Goten
Mystic Gohan

Maybe I'll go try a Super AGL team with a SSJ4 Goku in there or something.

What is that mystic Gohan on your team!?!

No wonder you are struggling unless its the Gohan kai outfit STR from the world tournament.

Post your box and your current team.

Also guys I meant how in game that Rose has a 100% attack bonus passive and SSB Vegito has to super 2 times to do more damage than Rose.

Still salty they gave Rose SSJ3 Goku passive without turn limits but thats power creep for you.

They should have added a attack bonus for SSB Vegito like 80% to really make the card powerful on top of his multi attack and semi tanking.

Sec0nd

What is that mystic Gohan on your team!?!

No wonder you are struggling unless its the Gohan kai outfit STR from the world tournament.

Post your box and your current team.

Also guys I meant how in game that Rose has a 100% attack bonus passive and SSB Vegito has to super 2 times to do more damage than Rose.

Still salty they gave Rose SSJ3 Goku passive without turn limits but thats power creep for you.

They should have added a attack bonus for SSB Vegito like 80% to really make the card powerful on top of his multi attack and semi tanking.

Thanks but I've luckily figured out how to beat Omega pretty easy :). Didn't realize the strength of the GT link during this event. I've created a Super AGL GT team with SSJ4 Goku on it. Totally wrecks Omega.

The team is:
SSJ4 Vegeta
SSJ4 Goku
GT Trunks
SSJ3 Kid Goku
Super Baby 1
Friend SSJ4 Vegeta.

Managed to hit 2.8m with SSJ4 Vegeta. It's insane.

Kakaroach

Decided not to summon despite the fact that I have both Gotenks and Gogeta. The filler characters seem rough and I don't care for Omega Shenron.

Really love what Bandai Namco did with these characters. More diversity is always great for the meta game, as long as they don't become the meta like OG Gogeta.

Is there a guide which describes what path to take for each specific character?

The paths are the same for everyone. If you're sure you're gonna get a character to SA10, open bottom right path first because it has the most stats and crit/AA nodes. Top left is second priority, or first if you're not going to get them to SA10, that's where the rest of the crit and AA nodes live. Then top right, bottom left, neither of them have crit or AA in them.

Always Be Crit*, never take dodge. Give additional attack to units that do shit damage anyway and are just there for utility on Super Attack like lowering attack.

*The reason for this is that you can only get 1 additional attack, and it has a 50% chance to be an SA. So you're relying on RNG twice.

Random question since we're talking about it. When Super Vegito does his Super, if he gets an additional super off, how much would he end up raising everyone's attack? 60%?
Obviously Crit is still by far the best on him, but he'll still do an additional sometimes and I don't see that massive of an ATK boost.

Random question since we're talking about it. When Super Vegito does his Super, if he gets an additional super off, how much would he end up raising everyone's attack? 60%?
Obviously Crit is still by far the best on him, but he'll still do an additional sometimes and I don't see that massive of an ATK boost.

I'm not sure, but I remember seeing some calculations on SV's attack boost and it's nowhere close to a flat 30% increase for his teammates because of how the multiplier works. It's complicated and I'm bad at maths, but I recall that it was somewhere around 7% for teammates or something like that. However, SV's counters do get a flat 30% damage boost after his SA iirc. Whether the boosts stack, I'm not sure, but I bet they do. You just won't notice a huge difference in your other characters' SAs

It gets added to the SA% not their 12ki base.
So a double SV super adds about ~12-15% (depending on the SA type, weaker gets higher %) to attack of the other teammates.

And this is important because it only affects SA's, if your other characters don't Super, they get a nice juicy 0% increase.

So I try 2 singles for the hell of it and pulled a Gogeta and a SSJ4 Gogeta. Bandai got me good, but at least I spent no money on it. Now I have to grind both of them.

You are the worst.
I'm going to do this and get 2 R Jeices and it's going to be your fault.

giphy.webp

I didn't mean to, Bamco made those shitty rates. And at the very least it took 2 of my 3+1 summons and then 2 singles, so now I have no stones for Cooler.

Fucking hell, get your shit together, Bamco.

TV2IgDx.gif

I think the skill at worst comes with SSJ3 Broly but I hope Bandai get that ability in before that and if not.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom