• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Meneses

How does one boost team cost as fast as possible?

sabiamen on team make me want to cry.

I think right now, Bulma event is supposed to be pretty decent EXP.

Apart from that, I think we're going to have a 3x Quest EXP period soon (not sure when it starts), so that will be your best bet when that happens (which should also be good for you to grab some stones and Dragon Balls).

Lurk

Banned
Just keep ranking up - what level are you at ? Heard the Bulma stage is quite nice for the rank exp for beginners.

43 I'm gonna start doing some Bulma stages. it's beginning to become a grind to rank now,
I think I messed up by doing the Z hard on early stages too early.

I think right now, Bulma event is supposed to be pretty decent EXP.

Apart from that, I think we're going to have a 3x Quest EXP period soon (not sure when it starts), so that will be your best bet when that happens (which should also be good for you to grab some stones and Dragon Balls).

Looking forward to 3x EXP too!

We're close... https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/6scrw9/the_final_step/

qxve19xyxhez.jpg

Styles

43 I'm gonna start doing some Bulma stages. it's beginning to become a grind to rank now,
I think I messed up by doing the Z hard on early stages too early.

Looking forward to 3x EXP too!

Stage 1 of Strike events on z-hard currently nets you 10k per run. Each run on z-hard costs 7 STA. According to DBZ Space that's an average of 1414 exp per 1 STA . Get to grinding!

https://dbz.space/events/416-the-divine-demonic-namekian-warrior

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The fact that I pulled Str Perfect cell with tickets earlier and rainbow star'd Str Omega yesterday reinforces that I really should horde stones for Str janemba. Especially since I will either have or be well on my way to LR freiza by then.

Phys cooler is tempting too, but if I have to choose between the two I think I'll go for STR.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Checking the Baba Shop all day for Korin medals. Seems far more efficient than running the AGL Medal stage (which should seriously be updated...half the ? tiles are traps).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So far I'm at 1/6 for Zamasu drops. It's been a little while since I soldiered through Buuhan and Black. I am not looking forward to this.

So far I'm at 1/6 for Zamasu drops. It's been a little while since I soldiered through Buuhan and Black. I am not looking forward to this.

Black is the worst tbh. Buuhan wasn't too bad. Maybe 1/4 or so. Zamasu was around there for me but I didn't farm him much.
Black was like 1 in every 2 full stamina bars.

Voror

At rank 50 the potential system will open up that lets you use dupes to make characters stronger. It's highly recommended to use them for that before feeding them into eachother during training to raise the SA level.

Ah okay. Thank you for the explanation. I'm at max capacity currently since I'm so low ranked so I'll need to get rid of some at least, though a lot of them are R or N so I guess I can just use those.

Ah okay. Thank you for the explanation. I'm at max capacity currently since I'm so low ranked so I'll need to get rid of some at least, though a lot of them are R or N so I guess I can just use those.

Ns and Rs are basically just training fodder, not cards you'll ever want to use.

And you'll want to spend stones to expand your box space eventually anyway, it's not a waste.

Look through your Rs though to see if they have any special effects that might be useful. For instance, once the Super Strike promo goes away, you'll need low cost characters for those events. I'd keep around ones that have "Perfect Guard" passives or special attacks that seal or stun the enemy.

Chucker

So, getting ready for the LR Goku jams, is this the ideal team now?
Chilled Lead x 2
Fattenks
Tao
King Cold
King Vegeta
Mecha Frieza?

ffvorax

It is the second day I think I don't have anymore the 20 free stones a day... Did they changed this giveaway? Was it no supposed to last until the end of the month? :(

Anoregon

Chilled Lead x 2
Fattenks
Tao
King Cold
King Vegeta
Mecha Frieza?

replace fatty with android 16

Chilled Lead x 2
Fattenks
Tao
King Cold
King Vegeta
Mecha Frieza?

You'll want dual King Vegeta leads IIRC because of the +3 Ki links. The SS characters don't really have many KI links and you need to super pretty much 100% of the time.
Also, I'd replace Fattenks with Android 16 (does not need max super, he's a blocker), and Mecha Frieza with Jackie Chun for sealing.

Chucker

So who needs max super? That's what I have been doing lately is going back and maxing since it's cheap. If they don't need it, I'm not gonna bother. My Android 16 Doesn't have it, so I won't bother.

It is the second day I think I don't have anymore the 20 free stones a day... Did they changed this giveaway? Was it no supposed to last until the end of the month? :(

It lasted until they gave out 200 million stones (aka, until they felt like ending it).

So who needs max super? That's what I have been doing lately is going back and maxing since it's cheap. If they don't need it, I'm not gonna bother. My Android 16 Doesn't have it, so I won't bother.

Chilled is priority #1
I'd also recommend King Vegeta since he's a decent hitter and Jackie Chun since supering with him is a priority so it might as well do some damage. Also King Cold if you can but you won't be giving him much KI so that's not a huge priority imo.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Help reach the last tier in the Big Ass Hope Goku challenge, and we'll get another round of those stone mission rewards.

Chucker

It lasted until they gave out 200 million stones (aka, until they felt like ending it).

Chilled is priority #1
I'd also recommend King Vegeta since he's a decent hitter and Jackie Chun since supering with him is a priority so it might as well do some damage. Also King Cold if you can but you won't be giving him much KI so that's not a huge priority imo.

Excellent. My Jackie Chun is maxed. I'll focus on Chilled, Vegeta and Cold on their days.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Beat the SSJ4 Gogeta Dokkan event finally...but man that was a long fight and i had to use pretty much all Items with my VB team.

What is the best team in your opinion to tackle that stage ? I wonder if i can use a INT team with Buuhan lead and OP Gohan friends....though i dont think i could surve long enough with any other team hmm.

What teams are you using ? What sucks about my INT team..only Buuhan would be SA10 and he isnt really a hard hitter anyway.
I do not, I wish I did, but my Extreme team is pretty beefy anyway. Rose with 1 dupe, Black with 2, Buuhan is 100%, LR Broly, and this guy is already a powerhouse with no dupes. Sadly in this 120% meta, running mono STR or LR Gohan will be more efficient for most things, which is a shame because I love running the rainbow teams, especially villains.

Sounds legit - but yeah you STR/INT are probably still better because of those leads. I still like Heroes/Villian team better because they feature more SA10 units then i have on STR with SSJ5 Goku...hell even my Goku isnt SA10.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Beat the SSJ4 Gogeta Dokkan event finally...but man that was a long fight and i had to use pretty much all Items with my VB team.

What is the best team in your opinion to tackle that stage ? I wonder if i can use a INT team with Buuhan lead and OP Gohan friends....though i dont think i could surve long enough with any other team hmm.

What teams are you using ? What sucks about my INT team..only Buuhan would be SA10 and he isnt really a hard hitter anyway.

I did it the first time, accidentally, with my AGL team and didn't have to use many items. But definitely INT team is the way to go. Buuhan lead with LR Gohan friend, swapped one unit out for AGL Super Vegito (for tanking...really wished I had Janemba) and beat it with no items used.

Ns and Rs are basically just training fodder, not cards you'll ever want to use.

And you'll want to spend stones to expand your box space eventually anyway, it's not a waste.

I'd say they're good for strike but now that the team cost is gone lol nope. I might finally train away my rs that I kept, exept for characters I like :p

Chilled Lead x 2
Fattenks
Tao
King Cold
King Vegeta
Mecha Frieza?
I do

Chilled
Mech Frieza
King Cold
Android 16
Jackie
Fatty
Friend: KV for ki

Works well for me but I might do duel KVs to super for days.

Black is the worst tbh. Buuhan wasn't too bad. Maybe 1/4 or so. Zamasu was around there for me but I didn't farm him much.
Black was like 1 in every 2 full stamina bars.
Really? I got black maxed in about two or so bars. Maybe 2.5 bars.

Here is my INT team I used with little difficulty. The only SA10 is Buuhan. I paired it with LR Gohan but you could do Buuhan too.
Save your "don't die" items (ghost usher, nurse chichi, etc) for the first few phases of Gogeta's final form. After 2 or 3 turns, your attack-lowerers should make it so he doesn't hit too hard and you can just chip him away, healing with Buuhan and Metamorphosis.

Xhpgtd5.png

Guys stage 4 is coming out, I'd stake my entire box on it. We don't need to make SS-only teams.

note: I don't actually stake my entire box on it but I'm still pretty confident

Arrrammis

Guys stage 4 is coming out, I'd stake my entire box on it. We don't need to make SS-only teams.

Don't you still need a super strike team to do the first 3 stages to unlock the 4th (where you can use all farmable units)? Or did the update in the JP version allow you to use all farmable units on the first 3 stages as well?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Or did the update in the JP version allow you to use all farmable units on the first 3 stages as well?

Yes this. Use whatever.

Stage 3 is still the best for farming medals btw. Stage 4 you're more likely to get drops of the card but you can still get medals as well just not as much

LAUOZGbl.jpg

Everybody's maxed out in terms of SA and at the very least the bottom right potential path aside from Janemba and 13. It's just a lovely mix of the following...

First round:
Piccolo - Tank/Dodge/Decent Damage @ SA20
LR Gohan - Damage
Floater - Trunks (Damage/Orb Change), Turles (Stun/+3 Ki), 13 (Orb Change)

Second round:
Janemba - Tank/Dodge/Heal via Metamorphosis link with Buuhan/13
Buuhan - Damage/Heal/Heal via Metamorphosis link
Floater - Trunks (Damage/Orb Change), Turles (Stun/+3 Ki), 13 (Orb Change/Heal)

Rarely ever have to use items. Easy peasy.

Anoregon

It's still not a bad idea to take advantage of the current situation for a few reasons

- It will never be easier than this to finish making SA15 strike characters
- Non-Super Strike units usable for LR Goku aren't farmable at all times due to coming from all sorts of different events
- Even with the relaxed unit restrictions, a good chunk of the Super Strike units are viable or even optimal for the LR fights (Grandpa Gohan and merc tao, for example)
- Who knows if another event will come out with similar restrictions, so having the stable of Super Strike units already done could be a good investment for potential future content

It's still not a bad idea to take advantage of the current situation for a few reasons

- It will never be easier than this to finish making SA15 strike characters
- Non-Super Strike units usable for LR Goku aren't farmable at all times due to coming from all sorts of different events
- Even with the relaxed unit restrictions, a good chunk of the Super Strike units are viable or even optimal for the LR fights (Grandpa Gohan and merc tao, for example)
- Who knows if another event will come out with similar restrictions, so having the stable of Super Strike units already done could be a good investment for potential future content

For sure I'm still doing it. I'm just saying, for LR Goku, you don't need to make SS-only teams. But still absolutely get them all to SA10 at least, preferably SA15 because why not? It's trivial and you never know how useful they might be in the future, especially now that Categories will be a thing going forward.

Anoregon

For sure I'm still doing it. I'm just saying, for LR Goku, you don't need to make SS-only teams. But still absolutely get them all to SA10 at least, preferably SA15 because why not? It's trivial and you never know how useful they might be in the future, especially now that Categories will be a thing going forward.

Oh right yeah I forgot about categories. Especially for dudes like Jackie Chun and Tao, because you know a 150% DB Saga lead is in the works.

Flambe

My problem was having a pretty nice AGL team hot garbage for everything else, especially INT.

Therefore SS4 Vegeta with SSG Goku, Super Vegeto, SSBKK Goku, SSB Vegeta and INT SS Bardock to seal supers and best I did was just needing a single senzu, though most runs needed a couple and maybe an ox king or ghost usher but still pretty good for type disadvantage.

Top Bottom