• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Voror

Maxed the SA for Black and dokkaned him and Rose. Looking at things I might be able to put together an Extreme team. Haven't gone into the WT yet but should probably give it a whirl.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
If you want Kais might as well go for the AGL banner for a chance at LR Majin Vegeta or wait for STR or INT banners and see if LR Broly or Gohan are there.

Already Use 120 stones on the AGL Banner days ago, main thing I wanted from that was SSJ3 GT Goku to round out my Mono team. Didn't get 'em. Ten stones less is still ten stones less.

Voror

I'm super confused on how the Broly Dokkan Event works. I've got characters with Blazing Battle to disable Rampage, but it doesn't seem to be working? Does it only activate sometimes? And sometimes I do barely any damage at all but other times it's all fine?

Haven't had too much of a problem otherwise, just a tad confused.

Caim

I'm super confused on how the Broly Dokkan Event works. I've got characters with Blazing Battle to disable Rampage, but it doesn't seem to be working? Does it only activate sometimes? And sometimes I do barely any damage at all but other times it's all fine?

They have to be linked to disable it.

There are characters with the passive "Disable Rampage" that remove it though.

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker_of_Destruction

Voror

They have to be linked to disable it.

There are characters with the passive "Disable Rampage" that remove it though.

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker_of_Destruction

I'm using two characters who have that as their passive but it doesn't seem to be taking so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Same with the issues dealing damage. I see I'm supposed to lower damage, but even after using SAs that do that it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Or at least I've seen him do rampage at least once when I had SSJ Trunks or SSJ Gohan on the field. Just now the popup at the start of the turn for Trunks to disable Rampage, which was then followed by Broly doing Rampage.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Finally dokkaned STR Broly. Now back on the hunt for the rest of Rose's medals.

Is it possible for you to assemble a mostly mono STR double SSJ4 Goku team, and nuke the fuck outta him with that?

I'm using two characters who have that as their passive but it doesn't seem to be taking so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Same with the issues dealing damage. I see I'm supposed to lower damage, but even after using SAs that do that it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Or at least I've seen him do rampage at least once when I had SSJ Trunks or SSJ Gohan on the field. Just now the popup at the start of the turn for Trunks to disable Rampage, which was then followed by Broly doing Rampage.

"rampage" isn't a move.

It's his damage nullify ability and damage increase on attacks.
When disable rampage or blazing battle is active you can damage him normally and broly's damage won't make stupid high spikes either.

Is it possible for you to assemble a mostly mono STR double SSJ4 Goku team, and nuke the fuck outta him with that?

Assembling a strong str team only works on stage 2, on stage 3 you can only damage him with either blazing battle, disable rampage or "greatly lower defence" on SA.
SS4 goku doesn't have greatly lowers defence, so him supering for 1m would still do like 50 damage.
So if you have any greatly lowers SA units, mono str bodies him real fast, otherwise you're not doing any damage.

Voror

Yeah I could make a mono STR team though my SSJ4 Goku isn't dokkaned yet. Wouldn't that just be subject to the damage reduction then?

"rampage" isn't a move.

It's his damage nullify ability and damage increase on attacks.
When disable rampage or blazing battle is active you can damage him normally and broly's damage won't make stupid high spikes either.

Hmm alright. I need to look at these turns. I had a friend SSJ4 Vegeta who would sometimes do immense damage with his SA and other times none. I'll need to see if Trunks or Gohan were present when that happened. I thought the disable Rampage stopped that target all attack he does sometimes.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Yeah I could make a mono STR team though my SSJ4 Goku isn't dokkaned yet. Wouldn't that just be subject to the damage reduction then?

Hmm alright. I need to look at these turns. I had a friend SSJ4 Vegeta who would sometimes do immense damage with his SA and other times none. I'll need to see if Trunks or Gohan were present when that happened. I thought the disable Rampage stopped that target all attack he does sometimes.

If you use add like a SSJ4 Vegeta to the team mostly for the links they share and his SA Defense reducer, or use Nurse Chichi item I don't see how you wouldn't make all 3 versions of broly yer bitch in short order like I do with that team. Though I also have STR SSJ3 Goku for the defense reduction too

Voror

If you use add like a SSJ4 Vegeta to the team mostly for the links they share and his SA Defense reducer, or use Nurse Chichi item I don't see how you wouldn't make all 3 versions of broly yer bitch in short order like I do with that team. Though I also have STR SSJ3 Goku for the defense reduction too

Not sure if I have any Nurse Chi-Chi items, but I could try that.

I'm still incredibly confused on how disabling Rampage works. I had Gohan out who has that as his passive and yet I still did next to no damage with others. Does it only work for those that have that skill or the blazing battle link with the others just being fodder. That doesn't explain how sometimes they do damage just fine though. Do crits override rampage? I just had SSJ3 GT Goku, SV and VB out. First did nothing, super on the second and it took him out.

yes Crits ignore defence, rampage boosts broly's defence. So you just hit for your full 1.9x damage.
And yes blazing battle is only for the character that has it, it's no different from links.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Not sure if I have any Nurse Chi-Chi items, but I could try that.

I'm still incredibly confused on how disabling Rampage works. I had Gohan out who has that as his passive and yet I still did next to no damage with others. Does it only work for those that have that skill or the blazing battle link with the others just being fodder. That doesn't explain how sometimes they do damage just fine though. Do crits override rampage? I just had SSJ3 GT Goku, SV and VB out. First did nothing, super on the second and it took him out.

Definitely try that and let me know how it works. IMO it's a better method than wasting time trying to disable rampage.

Voror

yes Crits ignore defence, rampage boosts broly's defence. So you just hit for your full 1.9x damage.
And yes blazing battle is only for the character that has it, it's no different from links.

So Disable Rampage in the passive description, like the link, only applies to them? So my only hope of doing damage to Broly is either that my SSJ Trunks and Gohan slowly damage him over time with their SA or that I get crits with any of my other characters?

The team I used to bully poor broly in the past was:

Str omega lead
str great saiyaman 2
broly event videl
family goten
str great saiyaman
ss3 vegeta
str omega friend

kept omega and goten on one rotation and the videls on the other.
This means I kept greatly lowering his defence non-stop, basically killing him in 2 turns.

So Disable Rampage in the passive description, like the link, only applies to them? So my only hope of doing damage to Broly is either that my SSJ Trunks and Gohan slowly damage him over time with their SA or that I get crits with any of my other characters?

Yes, it only affects the character who has it, like family gohan.

Voror

The team I used to bully poor broly in the past was:

Str omega lead
str great saiyaman 2
broly event videl
family goten
str great saiyaman
ss3 vegeta
str omega friend

kept omega and goten on one rotation and the videls on the other.
This means I kept greatly lowering his defence non-stop, basically killing him in 2 turns.

Yes, it only affects the character who has it, like family gohan.

They were lowering it with the SA, right? Or the passive? I've been using SSJR Black and SSJ4 Vegeta which both say to greatly lower defense, but it doesn't seem to work or if it does it is incredibly infrequent.

That seems a bit limiting.

They were lowering it with the SA, right? Or the passive? I've been using SSJR Black and SSJ4 Vegeta which both say to greatly lower defense, but it doesn't seem to work or if it does it is incredibly infrequent.

That seems a bit limiting.

it's not infrequent, 1 greatly lowers defence SA only affects cards that are SA10.
Any other card will still do no damage.
However if you get 2 greatly lowers defence SA ( the debuff lasts 2 turns), SA1 cards can damage broly normally as well.
So in the example of my team, broly is constantly double greatly lowered defence and thus takes full damage from every card that supers.

Voror

it's not infrequent, 1 greatly lowers defence SA only affects cards that are SA10.
Any other card will still do no damage.
However if you get 2 greatly lowers defence SA ( the debuff lasts 2 turns), SA1 cards can damage broly normally as well.
So in the example of my team, broly is constantly double greatly lowered defence and thus takes full damage from every card that supers.

Oh so that's how it works for this. I guess that would explain why SV would sometimes do regular high damage just fine as his SA is max while SSJR was only at 8. Okay then. I've got a dokkaned Omega so maybe if I add him in it may go better.

Edit: So I did Omega's super and followed it up with SSJ4 Goku who has SA 10. Both did next to no damage despite Omega's SA saying it greatly lowers defense. Now Omega only has level 1 SA so is that why it didn't work?

Edit 2: Okay, next turn did SA10 SSJ4 Vegeta followed by SV, which DID work. So I guess that's it. Which means I'll have to rely on SSJ4 Vegeta or SSJR (just made that SA 10 as I forgot I had some kais) to make this work.

Edit 3: Or not. Got to third stage and started with the same setup only both did almost no damage. I'm so confused as there doesn't seem to be any consistency to this.

Were you doing stage 2?
Greatly lowers isn't needed for stage 2, anybody that hits reasonably hard will do damage.
In stage 3, two greatly lowers SA's should cause everyone do to damage.

Edit:
Yeah just tried it with:
str omega
str ssj gt trunks
family goten
family goku
ss3 vegeta
str saiyaman 2
str omega friend.

Kept omega + trunks on one rotation and saiyaman 2 and omega on the other, first omega is at SA10 and did damage right away, saiyaman then lowered his defence again and also did damage.
Next turn omega killed him with a 1.3m crit.

Voror

Were you doing stage 2?
Greatly lowers isn't needed for stage 2, anybody that hits reasonably hard will do damage.
In stage 3, two greatly lowers SA's should cause everyone do to damage.

Edit:
Yeah just tried it with:
str omega
str ssj gt trunks
family goten
family goku
ss3 vegeta
str saiyaman 2
str omega friend.

Kept omega + trunks on one rotation and saiyaman 2 and omega on the other, first omega is at SA10 and did damage right away, saiyaman then lowered his defence again and also did damage.
Next turn omega killed him with a 1.3m crit.

Stage 2 was sometimes giving me problems if I couldn't get it going but Stage 3 was the problem. I managed to get it though it felt inconsistent at times. I'd have one turn where Vegeta would get his SA, only do 100 dmg, then Goku SA for the same despite both having SA 10. If I was able to get Omega, SSJR or Vegeta on the same turn with Supers I could get something going.

In any case, it's finished. I suppose I'll need to do that again if I ever get STR Broly, though that likely won't be any time soon.

I think I may be able to handle Buuhan though I need to farm SRs as well.

I don't really understand what kind of team you are using, but it doesn't sound like you're taking advantage of leader skills.
Broly still has a shitton of defence after one greatly lowers, so you'd still need to be able to pack a punch to damage him.
Dual omega is a +140% boost on the attack of all my str units.

Voror

I don't really understand what kind of team you are using, but it doesn't sound like you're taking advantage of leader skills.
Broly still has a shitton of defence after one greatly lowers, so you'd still need to be able to pack a punch to damage him.
Dual omega is a +140% boost on the attack of all my str units.

Team was:

UR Super Vegito
TUR SSJR Black
TUR Omega Shenron
UR SSJ4 Goku
UR SSJ3 GT Goku
SSR SSJ Kid Trunks
Friend UR SSJ4 Vegeta

On that team ssj4 vegeta would have an SA damage of ~415k.
On my team Omega has an optimal SA damage of ~595k. My omega only did 200k the first time.
Which is roughly 200k more than ssj4 vegeta, so it checks out that your vegeta does no damage on his first grealy lowers SA, apparantly it's not enough to get past broly's damage; on that team you need two SA's to get through it, or raise vegeta's attack to above 500k.

Voror

On that team ssj4 vegeta would have an SA damage of ~415k.
On my team Omega has an optimal SA damage of ~595k. My omega only did 200k the first time.
Which is roughly 200k more than ssj4 vegeta, so it checks out that your vegeta does no damage on his first grealy lowers SA, apparantly it's not enough to get past broly's damage; on that team you need two SA's to get through it, or raise vegeta's attack to above 500k.

Ah so it's partially a damage threshold you need to meet. Alright that explains it a bit more. Of course neither of my Omegas can do that amount of damage yet. Didn't have enough orbs for paths and both of their SA are at one which was another issue for me.

Finally got all the Rose Colored Terrorist medals to dokkan Rose

Nice. I managed to get Black, Rose and Broly done today. Working on Buuhan but don't think I'll finish that one today. Need to farm the SR cards for his SA anyway.

SV is priority tomorrow. After that not sure. I could probably dokkan SSBKK and SSB Goku but I read something about there being a farmable for both from a past event so I don't now if I should hold off.

Ade

LR Goku is mine, SA is 20 and he'll be a rainbow before the event is over.

Thanks for the help on my team, and the app close tip

Voror

Yay got the medals to dokkan SSJ4 Goku. Next up is SV though not sure what team to go with for this. I technically have enough cards with Fierce Battle to make an entire team, but am only rank 134 and thus don't have enough team cost to go with it. Gogeta and SSJ3 Vegeta seem like musts since Gogeta hits hard and Vegeta can block damage well with his passive.

Not sure if maybe I should try to Dokkan one of the other units here first to bring to that fight.

https://dbz.space/box/Voror

Voror

I wouldn't take any str characters to SV, he'd hit gogeta like a mack truck.

Your box is private.

Huh, I'd read both could be good as Gogeta hits all types effectively and SSJ3 Vegeta can tank hits pretty well for a time.

Huh thought I'd checked that off. Should be public now.

L Thammy

Switched from 3x to 20x since I finished my 20 win streak. Then immediately forgot I did it and nearly got shredded down because I wasn't paying attention to my health.

Streak almost got broken later. STR SSJ3 Goku pulled off a super against my PHY SSB Vegito. Couldn't have moved him because I was dealing with a LR Broly in the same turn. Did over 12000 damage. Survived with less than 600 health.

Huh, I'd read both could be good as Gogeta hits all types effectively and SSJ3 Vegeta can tank hits pretty well for a time.

Huh thought I'd checked that off. Should be public now.

Rosé lead
black
broly
str omega
buuhan
golden freeza
Rosé friend

Keep rosé + black on one rotation and rosé + golden freeza or omega on another.

Voror

Rosé lead
black
broly
str omega
buuhan
golden freeza
Rosé friend

Keep rosé + black on one rotation and rosé + golden freeza or omega on another.

Don't have enough team cost to run that sadly. That's going to be more of a problem as I dokkan more of these so I'd probably better spend some time grinding ranks.

I'll give that one a shot though and see how it works out. Thanks!

Fox1304

Got those 20 wins in the WT.
now aiming for the 10M and it'll be all for me. The Extreme Ki-oriented + Broly & Chiaozu worked pretty quickly.

Chille

finally got it, my 3rd LR

DIPSoAJW4AQ7FZ7.jpg

ffvorax

Is there a way to do more point in wt? I am at 27 consecutive wins, 20x by when I unlocked, but still a 18 million points... How the hell is possible to do 30million? Play 24h a day? :/
Maybe I miss how to maximize the scores...?

Top Bottom