• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

Ricker

Got the call,picking this up tomorrow...maybe this as been answered but i`m still not clear on this for the multi/co-op and stuff...how far can someone be...let`s say i`m in New York and someone is in New Jersey,will I see him? :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Depends. Are you both standing within about ten feet of the border? :lol

It's local only. Gotta be close.

Aeana said:
Well, they're all decent choices I guess, but between Bianca and Nera, Nera is much more useful in battle because of her spell selection. Deborah is more melee-oriented if that's your kind of thing. She's also a terrible person.

I always choose Nera when I play.

i'm playing DQ V right now. i almost considered dropping the game, but then deborah somehow made her way into my party :D game is actually fun now.

too bad they took her away from me right now. i hate fighting with random monsters.

Aeana

Done playing for today, so character update time!

HJS5N.jpg

Looking a little less ridiculous, but I'd rather have lighter armor. Love my new headband, though; the stats on it are rad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I take it the bunny tail appears on the character like everything else, right?

It's gonna look very silly on some characters depending on what armor they wear! :D

Boney

Banned
Yeah that iron cuirass doesn't look to good. Love the hair though :p

Poor Urugay..

And Nera it is!

"Is there anyone out there man enough to marry me?"

Maybe the Bad Dudes :lol may god have mercy

Hex

Banned
faridmon said:
yeah, the hing just comleted its crack completely and the L bottun don't work. At least i completed FF Tactics A2 just iin time, but damn...

The nice blue dsiXL is released tomorrow to go with DQIX =x

faridmon

Hex said:
The nice blue dsiXL is released tomorrow to go with DQIX =x
Bad timing, as i am skint at the moment, will bite later, but for now I'll just read all the impressions in this thread.

Boney

Banned
faridmon said:
yeah, the hing just comleted its crack completely and the L bottun don't work. At least i completed FF Tactics A2 just iin time, but damn...
You haven't been paying attention to this thread right? :D

No broken hinge stopped my lite, but when my top screen died, I really had no choice.

Man God said:
I take it the bunny tail appears on the character like everything else, right?

It's gonna look very silly on some characters depending on what armor they wear! :D
Actually, the accessories seem to be the only things that don't show up. I was a touch disappointed.

Aeana

Looking through the guide some more, one grievance I definitely have is that it doesn't list where to actually find each of the alchemy ingredients in the appendix. That seems like a pretty big oversight!

Kad5

Anyone wanna tell me how this game compares to DQ IV and V on the DS?

It seems a lot of you got the game early.

kai3345

Banned
So I haven't pre ordered this yet, do you think I will be fine picking up a copy Sunday or Monday? or do you think they will run out?

Aeana said:

HJS5N.jpg

Looking a little less ridiculous, but I'd rather have lighter armor. Love my new headband, though; the stats on it are rad.

Drop that War Fan in the Alch Pot with 2 Tortoise Shells (Crabs on the shore in Western Coffinhill) and 1 Evencloth (Scarecrow enemies in Zere). Pretty nice Fan that can be upgraded further later on.

Aeana said:
Looking through the guide some more, one grievance I definitely have is that it doesn't list where to actually find each of the alchemy ingredients in the appendix. That seems like a pretty big oversight!

Yeah I agree. But you can look up drops at least :/.

Gooey Armor looks awesome :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bloodworth said:
Actually, the accessories seem to be the only things that don't show up. I was a touch disappointed.

NooooOO! :lol

I guess I can deal, besides the bunny tails I don't think many of the accessories would be that big of a thing anyways.

Too bad about the lack of an Alchemy reagent chart too, but part of the fun of having a guide is cross referencing...I guess.

Tiktaalik

Freyjadour said:
Drop that War Fan in the Alch Pot with 2 Tortoise Shells (Crabs on the shore in Western Coffinhill) and 1 Evencloth (Scarecrow enemies in Zere). Pretty nice Fan that can be upgraded further later on.

Yeah I agree. But you can look up drops at least :/.

Gooey Armor looks awesome :lol

So by that do you mean you can sort of cross reference across the guide to find out?

For example can you look up that a certain baddie drops an item, and compare with the alchemy section that explains which items lead to other items so as to find out which baddies you need to fight??

If the guide also includes data about where baddies are usually found, which is usually the case, then it should be ok, though you'd have to do a fair but of searching through the guide.

Aeana

I find it to be quite a pain going through the bestiary one-by-one to see what drops a specific item. It was faster for me to find out the equivalent Japanese name and search one of the guide sites. :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dragona Akehi said:
I'm finally getting hyped for this. :/

I can't believe how this game snuck up on me. Cool that it is basically coming out exactly one year later.

That reminds me...

Oh great prophetess, is VI still coming to the West? :lol

Man God said:
I can't believe how this game snuck up on me. Cool that it is basically coming out exactly one year later.

That reminds me...

Oh great prophetess, is VI still coming to the West? :lol

Of course it is.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything on 7th Dragon lately, and it worries me greatly. It was all set to go too. :(

Aeana said:

HJS5N.jpg

That iron armor looks like it just stepped out of dragonball z.

Dragona Akehi said:
Of course it is.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything on 7th Dragon lately, and it worries me greatly. It was all set to go too. :(

Who was bringing 7th dragon if it's not to much to ask?

Otheradam

Anyone go to the Nintendo World Store event in NYC today? I'm curious as to what goodies they gave out to people who bought the game.

Salsa

KeioSquad2 said:
Yea I know that but It just appealed to me that you could pretty much make someone straight out of DBZ......saiyin armor and all.:D

Tien Shinhan - 1 eye + angel wings FTW

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dragona Akehi said:
Of course it is.

I still believe, but with EO III and DQ VI and DQ IX it can take its sweet time, put it on the Mother III track.

JKTrix

Otheradam said:
Anyone go to the Nintendo World Store event in NYC today? I'm curious as to what goodies they gave out to people who bought the game.

Just got back home (in Rhode Island) from it. Ignore the big slime, I wasn't quite thinking straight when I took the picture. I got that months ago, not today (they weren't even selling it).

29cv13p.jpg

Just uploaded the pics i took with my 'real camera' onto Picasa. It's not much, and I didn't get any of Yuji Horii :( but I did get a lot of slimes and a couple of Bill Trinen.

Later on, someone just straight up asked him for a picture, so I felt like a reel creep then.

http://picasaweb.google.com/102270049316361529877/DragonQuested?authkey=Gv1sRgCNr298Dh8dX-xAE#

botticus

Put about 4 hours in so far, up to level 11, enjoying it as I expected. I don't really care too much about creating my party members so I just went with the three they had already cooked up (Martial Artist, Mage, Priest). Interesting how higher-level characters get more exp from a fight, usually it's the other way around.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You know, I hate to complain about this because I think I really like the game, but the framerate is really....like, really not good. It basically doesn't touch a locked framerate with 4 party members. I can't believe that Horii would approve that for a final product. It's distracting, but not like it is going to stop me from enjoying a great game.

zurra

we had a thread about that oblivion stuff, actually. good choice of influence!

i received a text from gamestop that they will have it tomorrow morning. figured it was weird when i hadn't received calls from them for the last few pre-orders this year, but when did they start using SMS?

Top Bottom