• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

eznark

Banned
Gravijah said:
Lying through their teeth.
Doubtful, probably just stupid

I see a whip for sale early, do they always attack multiple monsters or is it random or can I select all when I have it? I remember in V (or maybe IV) whip was bad ass for early farming.

Vamphuntr

I went to try to look for it at 3 different stores and did not find it :( Weird since we always get the sunday Nintendo games on the same day. 2 of the store had no idea what was I talking about. The guy from Microplay knew about the game but the said that his store did not order any copies. Amazon.ca here we go.

iypocz.jpg

Never forget.

Bentendo

Gravijah said:
Anyone have luck with Toys R Us? I really don't want to drive all the way there only to be told "SORRY, BROHEIM."

I bought mine at Toys R Us. They just opened and they already had it out. Our Toys R Us is really good with that kind of stuff.

Gravijah

Bentendo said:
I bought mine at Toys R Us. They just opened and they already had it out. Our Toys R Us is really good with that kind of stuff.

Thanks. I don't shop at my Toys R Us often so I have no idea how they are with this stuff... Plus, I've called beforehand, been told something wasn't in stock only to drive up there anyways and find it sitting right there.

Everywhere here in Canada has it.

Well...Barrie, Ontario at any rate.

Sunday releases always fare much better here than the normal Tuesday releases.

Nintendo releases on Sunday because they hate god, right?

Pretty sure Cammy Dunaway said as much in a Kotaku interview.

Gravijah

bigdaddygamebot said:
Everywhere here in Canada has it.

Well...Barrie, Ontario at any rate.

Sunday releases always fare much better here than the normal Tuesday releases.

Nintendo releases on Sunday because they hate god, right?

Pretty sure Cammy Dunaway said as much in a Kotaku interview.

Nintendo like to show the big man in the sky who's boss, sometimes.

ended up naming my character Luna, yeah I'm a Potter nerd. but hey, my bitch looks just like her!

OMG

She's such a dumb, er... brunette.

WOW

Well I just got to explore outside of town a bit. Really enjoying it so far. Already farming so I can buy one of every item at the town store (damn OCD-like behavior). :D

Did they nerf the whip in this game? It seems the attack difference between that and the better sword currently available is much larger than normal.

teiresias

I loved DQ8, but I'm really torn on whether to pick this up. I'm not sure about the entertainment value of the single-player story, and I doubt I'll do any online multiplayer at all, mainly because the DS Lite only supports WEP and I refuse to compromise my home network's security just to get the damn thing online.

Gravijah

teiresias said:
I loved DQ8, but I'm really torn on whether to pick this up. I'm not sure about the entertainment value of the single-player story, and I doubt I'll do any online multiplayer at all, mainly because the DS Lite only supports WEP and I refuse to compromise my home network's security just to get the damn thing online.

Good news! There isn't any online multiplayer!

teiresias said:
Not to worry, there's no online multiplayer anyway. The multiplayer is local only.

Bentendo

I just charged my DSi all last night, started the game about an hour and it's already dead. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? How much are new batteries???

EzLink

Banned
Just ordered on amazon, should be here by Thursday. Hope my first experience with the Dragon Quest series is a good one!

Wow there's a lot of interest in this. Hope that's a sign of commercial success.

For those asking about an XL: I just bought one specifically for IX and I have to say that the difference between it and a Lite is monumental. Also, while I'm looking forward to the 3DS, the screen size there is rather small for DS games. And the DS Lite's d-pad is the biggest piece of shit this side of madkatz.

Gravijah

Freyjadour said:
Wow there's a lot of interest in this. Hope that's a sign of commercial success.

For those asking about an XL: I just bought one specifically for IX and I have to say that the difference between it and a Lite is monumental. Also, while I'm looking forward to the 3DS, the screen size there is rather small for DS games. And the DS Lite's d-pad is the biggest piece of shit this side of madkatz.

Not one bit. Also, I thought the lower 3DS screen was the size of a phat DS' screens?

And... Madcatz just made those fightpads with good d-pads, didn't they? :lol

teiresias

Segata Sanshiro said:
Not to worry, there's no online multiplayer anyway. The multiplayer is local only.

Ah well that settles that then. It's just a question of whether the game holds up as a single-player experience then. I'll need to read some GAF impressions.

Aeana

teiresias said:
Ah well that settles that then. It's just a question of whether the game holds up as a single-player experience then. I'll need to read some GAF impressions.
Of course it does. It's still a Dragon Quest game.

Gravijah

teiresias said:

One group will love it, calling it the greatest game ever. Another group will be rather meh, some of them hating it, and they'll use every post to point out all the little flaws.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the game will be here Tomorrow. Now to dig out my old Dragon Quest Slime Stylus Pen, which will clearly increase my luck.

Top Bottom