• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

cabot said:
i have one question:

is this a loot game?
In the traditional sense, no it isn't. However there is a metric shit-ton of gear to collect, most of it optional, and some of it relying on luck to get. You'll be pleased with the loot, but I can't say if the gameplay will be what you're looking for or not.

Hex

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:
SundayGAF never ceases to entertain.

Just make sure that you enjoy it with a refreshing Coke Zero!

Product placement in threads, I need to get a quick copyright on this

I'm a good 4 hours in now... tried tag mode. failed.
all-in-all the game is amazing.

summer redeemed.

I'm off to work on comic pages! I'll reward my completion later tonight by creating my party members :)

I love seeing everyone's enthusiasm. I really hope it sells well. I think the last time DQ was in north america on a nintendo platform was 1990?

GLORIOUS RETURN!

Gravijah

jimmy-dean-pancake-sausage-chocolate-chip-736804.0.jpg

Let it never be forgotten.

cabot said:
dude are YOU serious?

frozen pizza + video games = heaven

You're a savage sir. Pizza = greasy controllers.

Coke and Cool Ranch Doritos + new JRPG = happy place

Gravijah said:
jimmy-dean-pancake-sausage-chocolate-chip-736804.0.jpg

Let it never be forgotten.

I...I don't even know what to say. I'm kindof frightened of and in love with Jimmy Dean.

cabottemp

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:
You're a savage sir. Pizza = greasy controllers.

that's why i eat with a knife and fork :)

bigdaddygamebot said:
Coke and Cool Ranch Doritos + new JRPG = happy place

okay yeah that sounds amazing.

today is going to be awesome. good eats, good games, and i'll probably start reading game of thrones tonight.

Fewr

I just turned into a thief, but rarely steal stuff :(
Btw, why is the stealing ability called "half-inch"? I don't get it.

Volcynika

Well, I made an impulse buy on it. Gamestop I went to had 4 copies total they received and only one reserved. I bought two (one for me and my brother) so we could play some multiplayer.

cabottemp

Banned
Gravijah said:
Oh man you eat pizza with a knife and a fork? You're one of those people. :lol

only when gaming is involved dude. like gamebot said, that shit equals greasy controllers. fuck that noise. if i'm just sitting in front of a movie eating pizza, hands = knife/fork and pants = napkin

Chocoboko

Has anyone gone to the Gamestop event yet? Were there lots of people there playing? What about the free map. Is it worth traveling out for, or is it better to just stay inside and play?

Dineren

Banned
Chocoboko said:
Has anyone gone to the Gamestop event yet? Were there lots of people there playing? What about the free map. Is it worth traveling out for, or is it better to just stay inside and play?

The Gamestop event isn't until July 31.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I just had my fucking mind blown by the GiantBomb quicklook. :lol

Funghoul.. is a pun on fungal.

For some reason all this time I always thought it was FUNghoul. Like, that ghouls a pretty fun guy, you should have him over for drinks!

cabot said:
only when gaming is involved dude. like gamebot said, that shit equals greasy controllers. fuck that noise. if i'm just sitting in front of a movie eating pizza, hands = knife/fork and pants = napkin

game controllers aren't game controllers unless they have several layers of grease and crumbs and shit in the nooks and crannies. whenever I buy a new controller, I just take it to McDonald's and have them bathe it in the french fry tubs.

cabottemp

Banned
brandonh83 said:
game controllers aren't game controllers unless they have several layers of grease and crumbs and shit in the nooks and crannies. whenever I buy a new controller, I just take it to McDonald's and have them bathe it in the french fry tubs.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hex

Banned
Chocoboko said:

Free map is at the end of the month I believe

Loxley

Alright I finally managed to dig out my fat and red Generation 1 DS, after seeing a lot more media for DQ9, I think I might pick it up :D

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I love being able to play this in English! It's the best.

But the title of this thread is kind of weird. Sounds negative to me.

I can't believe I was actually skeptical about buying the game because IGN said it had a less than stellar plot. Good god, this is easily the most embarrassing moment of my life thus far.

Picked it up at Best Buy so I could eventually get that lame slime hat :p Unfortunately, the employee working did not allow me to match Toys R Us gift card offer, which I thought was pretty stupid. I may try later today when a different employee is working, and printing off the Best Buy Price Policy.

TEJ

Whoever gave the advice of blowing into the shoulder buttons to get them working again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

My Left shoulder button works after years of it not working!

Anyway, this game is pretty nice so far.

bryehn

This game is beautiful. I admit I was skeptical after falling so deeply in love with VIII, even after I saw how IV and V turned out on the DS, but wow. This game is fantastic so far!

Yeah I'm kind of in love with this. Just got out to the world map finally, I really love how you can see the enemies instead of a random battle every two steps. It's pretty much a perfect jrpg so far.

Aeana

Fewr said:
I just turned into a thief, but rarely steal stuff :(
Btw, why is the stealing ability called "half-inch"? I don't get it.
It's Cockney slang for pinch/steal. Lots of stuff like that in Plus Alpha's DQ translations.

thefil

Got my copy and put an hour or so in. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to do this week and I'm meeting my parents for dinner soon, so cannot play as much as I'd like to. :( Jealous of the people playing on DSi XLs as this is the most gorgeous DS game to date.

Man, between this, Peace Walker, Starcraft II and the Engineer Update I pretty much don't need any entertaining for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom