• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

Amalthea

Banned
The slowdown is really pathetic, even with one of the four characters dead and coffined the game runs more or less smooth.

And I guess it's not a pretty good idea to try it with only tree part-members.

Mafro

This is the keyring:

ef8f60bd.jpg

Eteric Rice

Okay.

So I need to get to bowhole or whatever. I talked to the girl and she told me to meet her in the west or whatever. I went to where the dragon thing on the ground is, but I don't see her anywhere. :(

What do I do, GAF?

Vamphuntr

Eteric Rice said:
Okay.

So I need to get to bowhole or whatever. I talked to the girl and she told me to meet her in the west or whatever. I went to where the dragon thing on the ground is, but I don't see her anywhere. :(

What do I do, GAF?

You're at the wrong place. You have to go northwest (to the next screen), not to the canyon area. The item you will get in the bowhole will let you pass the canyon with the dragon mark.

Synless said:
Its that 30+ tags armor I'm talking about.

It's not that big of a deal, really. The pieces you get from that are
legwear, gloves and shoes
. Only a few characters have easily identifiable (or unique looking) pieces.

TurnipFritters said:

Not to mention that most of that gear is pretty subpar stuff. You'd probably have better gear from alchemy or just the Upover store. Kind of a bummer all things considered.

Vamphuntr

ryan-ts said:
Does anyone know how the new Erinn quest DLC works?

Do I need to find a specific map or just one with Dolour in the name?

Any one with dolour will do. Defeat the boss of the map to get the item she wants.

jRPG

Ogni-XR21 said:
Sorry can't take pics at the moment my camera is broken. It's a transparent keychain-thing made of 3 slimes (yellow on top, red in the middle and blue at the bottom). It's appr. 5 cm tall. It was a preorder bonus at amazon.de (germany). They don't have any pics either...

Oh, I have that :(. I presumed it was something different when you mentioned yours came in a box. Mine only came in a bag.

I'm still dying to see pictures of the actual cap if anyone has had theirs arrive.

Mafro

How do these DLC quests work anyway? Do you get them after you've completed the game, or can you do them throughout?

Aeana

gkryhewy said:
Will the DLC be available for download later, or just today?
It'll remain available. They just unlock some every week.

Mafro said:
How do these DLC quests work anyway? Do you get them after you've completed the game, or can you do them throughout?
You can get them any time by connecting to DQVC, but whether you can actually do them or not depends on your progress in the game.

turnbuckle

TurnipFritters said:

It's a big deal for anyone with any interest in being a completionist. Unless Squeenix puts up some DLC to account for these issues down the road this is gonna be one of the few (if only) mainline DQ games I won't really be too interested in replaying years down the road. It's a bit irrational, but for a game that puts some level of importance on item completion a lot of folks are left out of the equation form the onset, and it'll only get worse once time goes on.

The tag mode sounds like a nice novelty, but it'd be better if the bonus for getting guests merely accelerated the acquisition of a bigger/better inn and access to these cool, albeit inconsequential, items.

One save file also sucks. I'll want to do another play through, but I don't want to get rid of everything I've built up on my initial play through.

Synless said:
Where can I find a toxic dagger so that I can become a ranger?

it's the first skill in the knifetree... but be careful the enemies only have around 80HP and Toxic Dagger doesn't always connect...

My mage had assassins dagger equipped... killed about 10 of those bastards instant and i was like "WTF is going on?!" before i realized that the dagger is the problem :lol

Forkball

Oxx said:
Do I have to reach a certain point in the game to get access to DLC/Wifi store stuff?
Yes, I think you have to get to Alltrades Abbey. Then a woman named Selma will tell you about the DQ VC. It's a few hours in.

Anyways, how long does it take for alchemy ingredients to respawn in the field? I'm trying to make a Uber Miracle Sword, but I'm having to alchemize it from the ground up. I have a Miracle Sword and a Life Bracer, but I need two bracers to make the UMS. I have to make Magic water > Sage's Elixer > Prayer Ring > Life Ring > Life Bracer > Uber Miracle Sword. This sword better be worth it.

Synless said:
Fucking tag mode, no one anywhere near me has this game. I will never be able to get shit like that. Worst design decision ever for America.

I solved this issue by getting a second copy of the game to tag with. I play through the first hour to unlock the inn, they tag with my real game using my sister's DS. I am currently at 20 out of 30.

Empty

bought it today. loads of promotion in stores and i was in a huge shopping center in west london called westfield and in the middle they had erected a huge stage with the dq logos all around it and some kind of event was taking place soon (big crowds around the stage) but i didn't get to see what i was as i went to see toy story. so surreal given how i had to search hard to get dq4 and 5 here.

Oxx

Forkball said:
Yes, I think you have to get to Alltrades Abbey. Then a woman named Selma will tell you about the DQ VC. It's a few hours in.

Just arrived there.

Took a bit longer than a few hours for me, though...

Oxx

Oh crap. I'm going to have to change my wireless security settings to get the DQVC stuff to work, aren't I?

Oxx said:
Oh crap. I'm going to have to change my wireless security settings to get the DQVC stuff to work, aren't I?

Behold the glory of the BT home hub, I think I'm going to switch back and forth between settings just to dl content :lol

Oxx

It wasn't too painful, actually. I forgot that I already had a DS-friendly profile on my router from the last time I did anything online with a DS. However many years ago that was...

botticus

Is there any trick to getting the Luminary relatively quickly?
Apparently it takes a level 50-some grotto to find the Minstrel Moai, wasn't sure if there was some pattern to how those show up - just higher level maps retrieved from each boss you beat?

JEKKI

hi! this game is awesome!!

I am going to Comic Con tomorrow!

Comic Con!!!

anybody kno if that's a good place to bust out the tag mode??? haz any1 been doing it??

Im gonna try it!! if u're reading this and going to comic con then I hope u try it too!!

Aeana

JEKKI said:

Comic Con!!!

anybody kno if that's a good place to bust out the tag mode??? haz any1 been doing it??

Im gonna try it!! if u're reading this and going to comic con then I hope u try it too!!
Good luck!!!!

BooJoh

ExtraKr1spy said:
You get items from Alena

Alena's dress - Talk to her for the first time
Alena's Tights - Change the Hero into a Martial Artist and talk to her
Alena's Hat - Change your profile ingame to display your birthday then either wait til its your birthday or just change the DS clock to your birth date.

kinda sucks her equipment is weaker than the ones I have now. Her dress also adds small breast to male characters :lol

Other items involves finishing a certain quest and tag mode.

Do these characters stay forever or just for a week? My birthday is in just over a week, so it'd be a shame to just barely miss the hat if I don't change the calendar.

Also what's the piece you get for 30+ tags? There's no way I can do that.

JEKKI said:

Comic Con!!!

"If you bring your DS to Nintendo's booth, with the game running in Tag Mode, you'll automatically pick up the "Mortamor" treasure map, being offered for the first time in North America."

Good bet you'll get tags from others there too.

Reknoc

Well there's my first of no doubt many wipes, in the Alltrade Tower place, though in my defence I didn't really want to fight the boss I just accidently happened to walk into the massive door that clearly lead to a boss.

I'm seriously tempted to just get a cheat hack going on my DQIX cart because there is absolutely no possible way I'll ever meet another being with DQIX in tag mode.

Top Bottom