• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
We all know that as cool as the "fixed up" version of FFXIV may look its only going to wind up being this again. ;D

med_gallery_8419_2_419189.jpg

23970d1287663710-whats-your-pet-peeve-about-ffxiv-dodo-1284818308480.jpg

7H3fk.jpg

Parakeetman

haha awesome. lately most of mine have been running away right as the battle starts.

That pink momon area is too populated now for it to be worth while to use a genkidama at unfortunately, so am still trying to find new hunting grounds but so far no success with that.

Over here been a bit busy, but managed to get to 42 working towards 43 now.

urfe

Here's a newbie MMORPG question: why are you guys constantly mentioning your level? What significance does it have? Whenever I play through an RPG, I have no idea what level my characters are on off-hand. Why is an MMORPG (DQX specifically) different?

Vice

Here's a newbie MMORPG question: why are you guys constantly mentioning your level? What significance does it have? Whenever I play through an RPG, I have no idea what level my characters are on off-hand. Why is an MMORPG (DQX specifically) different?
Lots of content is impossible to complete if you don't have the right level in an mmo. End game content in most games requires max level.

Aeana

Your level signifies your progress, and also determines who you can play with optimally. People of a similar level should group together for best results. Also, generally most things are open to you in an MMORPG and the only thing preventing you from doing them is your level, unlike a single player RPG.

Parakeetman

Yeah that and with this game as with others that have story based quests generally knowing what level folks are as mentioned allows for other players to be able to suggest to do or not to do certain quests or head to certain areas to level.

Its generally the same as any level based RPG really, cant progress without being the appropriate level for the designated part of the story.

Are the servers still as crowded and full like back in the launch days or have the interest died down for the game?

Id say a good number of the servers are still pretty crowded during these holidays / weekends, but Ive yet to see it where all 40 servers are in the crowded status. Am unsure about the lower level areas but the higher level ones are pretty packed with folks all grinding towards 30 and up. Others are busy working on the other classes leveling them up also in order to unlock the passive status related skills for the most part which will help supplement their main characters.

A lot of the end game items are appearing in the bazaar also which is cool to see. Whats not cool is the crazy prices.

Aeana

Had a good time leveling with johntv, Jonnyram and Revenant Kioku today. I helped them out with the job change quest too, which was really fun in a full party.

Gloam

Went from 17-18 just there fighting some pigs outside the Circus village. Still finding a lot of monsters to be pretty difficult for my dude to deal with, but slowly getting towards the big two-zero.

ronito

So it's my berfday and my wonderful wife pulls this cake out. I can't play Dragon Quest X because I don't know japanese but I figure you guys would appreciate this:

cPxssl.jpg

adroit

Game cakes are the best cakes. Happy Berfday! Give your wife a kiss for me. Say it's from some random guy on the Internet (I'm married too so it's OK).

Parakeetman

Went from 17-18 just there fighting some pigs outside the Circus village. Still finding a lot of monsters to be pretty difficult for my dude to deal with, but slowly getting towards the big two-zero.

If you can get to the ogre town head out the west exit and fight those kangaroo looking enemies or if possible the guys with the shields / face on it is easier to kill. The enemies out there though will show up in 2s or 3s though so be ready.

Gloam

If you can get to the ogre town head out the west exit and fight those kangaroo looking enemies or if possible the guys with the shields / face on it is easier to kill. The enemies out there though will show up in 2s or 3s though so be ready.

Oh yeah, I've been hitting those guys up a fair amount. Should get to 20 by the end of the weekend. University stuff has been keeping me busy, but come next week it's all DQ all-the-time. I should get around to adding you and JohnTV etc, been lax on that.

Great cake ronito!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
So it's my berfday and my wonderful wife pulls this cake out. I can't play Dragon Quest X because I don't know japanese but I figure you guys would appreciate this:

cPxssl.jpg

brilliant!

I was gonna ask how she managed to stuff it in the oven but then I realized how dumb i was gonna be :p

Aeana

Just powerleveled &#26053;&#33464;&#20154; up to level 10 in 10 minutes thanks to higher level AI guys. <3 Just started with genki time (forgot about it until now) so let's see how high I get in those 30 minutes.

Parakeetman

What's the current level cap, BTW? Is it 50?

There was talk of the cap being raised eventually. Possibly to 75 as the book has some lv 75 gear listed.

Ugh, cat boss just owned my ass. :/

Yeah that cat boss has an INSANE amount of HP. Which is kinda crazy considering, thankfully he doesnt do as much damage as some of the other bosses such as the Dwarf or Elf one. Though its a huge slog with knocking his HP down.

john tv

Yeah that cat boss has an INSANE amount of HP. Which is kinda crazy considering, thankfully he doesnt do as much damage as some of the other bosses such as the Dwarf or Elf one. Though its a huge slog with knocking his HP down.
Just went back after the cat with three level 30-31 charas and my lv. 28 self (three warriors and a priest), and we still lost. Got him orange at least, but I think we're just too low. Will go back when I hit 35 or so.

Parakeetman

Just went back after the cat with three level 30-31 charas and my lv. 28 self (three warriors and a priest), and we still lost. Got him orange at least, but I think we're just too low. Will go back when I hit 35 or so.

Yeah its kinda crazy how much life he has. It felt worse than the dwarf region boss, though that boss does more painful attacks. The dungeon is pretty crazy long too in comparison to the other areas, you might want to bring the bell that allows for you to teleport out after if not its a bit of a slog through the area.

So far out of all the kingdoms Id have to say the elf and dwarf ones were the most dangerous. So get ready for more fun once you take out one eyed whiskers lol

Varshes

Finally got my blue Wii, gonna work on changing the region and getting it all setup. I feel like I invested a lot of time and effort into DQX, I better like it! :p

Parakeetman

With all these genkidama Ive accumulated hopefully can hit 50 by today. Then work on the other classes. Since during that time will be building up cash again to reoutfit my fighter as the lv 50 gear is pretty expensive. Over the weekend since didnt have much time to play managed to make about 30k worth of exp just from being rented out. Am at 43 now.
Got my ass handed to me trying to do the higher level elf quest at lv 40. 3 melee type of enemies in a real small space. Think the cat boss, just 3 of them who hit a lot harder and have weapon skills to boot. D:

Just seeing the enemies in the zone should have told me it would be a bad idea to attempt it. Even at Lv 50 I could see this being a slight problem lol

Aeana

Man, I wish priests had a skill as neat as &#26089;&#35424;&#12415;&#12398;&#26454; (speeds up casting time). Gotta level mage.

I'm on board! Played through the prologue. Once I get online I will post my character details (don't know the code yet).

Kinda wish I could have done the online updating thing at the very beginning. GET REBORN GET AMPED P.S. 30 MINS PATCH!

:D

Gloam

I'm on board! Played through the prologue. Once I get online I will post my character details (don't know the code yet).

Kinda wish I could have done the online updating thing at the very beginning. GET REBORN GET AMPED P.S. 30 MINS PATCH!

:D

Surely, the looping music will make the wait a little easier? Yeah, it's a bummer.

Aeana

Wish I could come on and help! My internet is messing up and I can't connect to lots of stuff, including my VPN. (._. )

muu

The other bosses aren't that much of a threat, long as you have a WAR that can do &#12525;&#12473;&#12488;&#12450;&#12479;&#12483;&#12463;. Downed the cat @ 32 but had to use about 10 magic pots on my priest to keep health up.

Aeana

I came across the bag expansion quest by accident, so Revenant Kioku and I went out to do it. The jaguar mage part was easy, but the lizardman part was a struggle until I caved in and hired new AI members. I was really frustrated, but happy to get my bag upgrade. So I went to turn it in and

5s41S.jpg

are you kidding me

I was so upset that I logged out. :|

It says to come back in 24 hours real time

Of all of the things to use as a nod to older games in the series, that was not a good one.

muu

Pupliko has the best Key Emblem story (of the first 5 anyway) by far. You also look more like a Dr. Slump character and less DBZ. You can still make your human char a SSJ if that's your thing...

Espresso

Banned
What are the hours in US time that are designated free to play ("children's time"?

Enough to get by in most import games... either Ogre or Puklipo, any recomendations?

I think you'll like Pupliko if you're a fan of Tarutarus. That's what I play! Too bad nobody from GAF wants to team up with the shorties. :p

Parakeetman

Made it a bit further into the story and should be able to turn back into a human soon. Then its the insane last boss fight which should be interesting though am not going to attempt it at my current level (44). Still working on heading towards 50, but I seriously need to find better ways to make cash.

For the 6th key emblem by far it seems like the ogre one is the easiest to do. Considering I had beaten both of the bosses at lv 43. The first one isnt too bad, but the second one can critical you for more life than you have. I got hit for around 181 and died instantly with a def rating of 216 at the time.

The elf boss for trying to get their key emblem was those 3 insane melee type of monsters which ended in death. Not to mention the zone itself that they are in is pretty dangerous on its own. Though want to obtain that one also just so I have access to the station in the capital town.

Pupliko has the best Key Emblem story (of the first 5 anyway) by far. You also look more like a Dr. Slump character and less DBZ. You can still make your human char a SSJ if that's your thing...

Seriously that was the biggest let down about the hair designs. Granted its Toriyama, but jesus fucksticks enough with the DBZ type of references. Would have been nicer to see a bit more original hairstyles instead of anything slightly resembling dragon ball looking hair. Ive seen so many people running around with SSJ Goku, Gohan or Broly hair its just stupid looking.

Varshes

I have the game and everything installed right now, I got Overplay and mhotspot, I'm really not good at this sort of thing though, and am having trouble setting it up. I've read a few guides posted on here, but I'm still not sure how bridging the connection works.

I have VPN connection for Japan setup, but how do I connect to that using the Wii's WiFi? If I'm on that connection, does it mean I'm not on my normal internet connection? I'm a total noob at this, any help would be appreciated.

Top Bottom