• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

extralite

Sounds to me like they're just fixing exploits. Not opposed to this, even the nerfed tiger claw is reasonable after all (I'll still complain).

The 14% bracelet should put the average cost of TC at 4.3MP. Still a lot closer to 5 than 3.

Gloam

Had a bad time with DQX today. The new patch took an age to download through the VPN, had to restart a couple of times due to connection issues also. Then there was some security issues with my account, had to change the password, scarier than it sounds but it was pretty painless just a bit of a shock to see after the patch!

Finally got in game beat up on some orcs and dragons, saved up a few G and went to the bazaar to buy a new hat, purchase the hat, click equip then game locks up, upon restart I lost the gold and the hat! Grumble, grumble.

extralite

Yeah, with the new update they're up to 39 update items and even when I get my speed up to the max it takes now an hour to download it all (fortunately both times without interruption as my provider tends to reroute my VPN after an hour breaking the connection). Previously it was half an hour with 35 items. With an earlier bad router setup it took even 2 hours and longer when there were still only 35 update items (which inevitably lead to interruptions and having to resume).

I've been having trouble with my USB stick too, it gets the "please hold power for 4 seconds then start again and please reinstall if it occurs again error" repeatedly more and more often and quicker since the last install. It most often happens in the dwarf region, mostly upon entering Ulbea or a cave. The opening movie also likes to get corrupted and then freezes if played out up to a specific point. The last two days this freeze seemed to occur right at the beginning of the movie so I only get a black screen after the SE logo (with no chance to skip to the menus).

Seriously, I've been reinstalling three times in two days and a lot more often over the past month or so. I now switched to a new USB stick and I got a weird new freeze when I looked for Paladin weapons at the bazaar. The graphics froze, no input including home button accepted and random sound samples played in succession, very dirty sound quality. This happened right after the latest install on the new (!) USB stick. Afterwards the channel DQX couldn't be launched and I got a black error screen saying my system file is broken and I should refer to the manual as to how to fix it. The other channels worked though and DQX did too on the next attempt.

I'm now suspecting that fiddling with the OS with homebrew tools may have made my Wii unstable in general. But I thought one of the later firmware updates removed/restored everything but the HBC (which I updated before applying the firmware update which would have removed the HBC also otherwise). Hmmm. Leaving the install disc in the Wii, after switching it on it one time showed a gamecube logo for a moment instead of showing the disc loading picture. The fuck?

muu

Haven't had any stability issues myself. I'm using a cheap Japanese Wii I got off Amazon Marketplace.

Level cap quest brought back memories of the Bomb/Papy/Exoray quest. It'd be hilarious if 55 -> 60 involves a quest to fight 3 very strong monsters up in ランドン山脈.

Gloam

I'm also using a Japanese Wii, had the same issue as Extralite, lock up and garbled noise at the bazaar, hopefully it was a one-time thing, don't fancy reinstalling anything!

john tv

I'm also using a Japanese Wii, had the same issue as Extralite, lock up and garbled noise at the bazaar, hopefully it was a one-time thing, don't fancy reinstalling anything!
I've had it lock up at the bazaar before the 1.1 update, but I never lost anything. In fact, one time it locked up while I was trying to post a sale, and when I reset and came back, the post was actually complete and someone had already bought the item, lol.

Gloam

I've had it lock up at the bazaar before the 1.1 update, but I never lost anything. In fact, one time it locked up while I was trying to post a sale, and when I reset and came back, the post was actually complete and someone had already bought the item, lol.

Guess you had better luck than me!

extralite

This bug seems unrelated to the USB one, I'm just getting all possible bugs and freezes at once recently, lol. Junko had the bazaar freezing bug too, its increased occurance probably has to do with the update, even though John had it before apparently.

Yesterday friend and member chat also wasn't working anymore for a while (they fixed it during an one hour maintenance from 7 to 8 pm), same as the early weeks when this happened often. Not sure if the update itself is to blame or higher login rates (since people all wanted to try out the new stuff). Probably the former, as they managed to fix it permanently, now and then. Last time took longer though, it occurred again and again over several days.

Edit: BTW, I have a Japanese Wii, always had one. Using HBC to play the few Western 'imports' I have.

Aeana

Had a bad time with DQX today. The new patch took an age to download through the VPN, had to restart a couple of times due to connection issues also. Then there was some security issues with my account, had to change the password, scarier than it sounds but it was pretty painless just a bit of a shock to see after the patch!

Finally got in game beat up on some orcs and dragons, saved up a few G and went to the bazaar to buy a new hat, purchase the hat, click equip then game locks up, upon restart I lost the gold and the hat! Grumble, grumble.

I don't know if it's changed, but you could patch before without using the VPN, it didn't do an IP check until after you try to log in.

extralite

I don't know if it's changed, but you could patch before without using the VPN, it didn't do an IP check until after you try to log in.

Now that you mention it, the version update is processed before the actual login and the IP checks only occur after the login attempt. I noticed that yet it never occurred to me to try the update without the VPN. Well, good to know for the next time I need to update (which will be next week when my new USB arrives, using a borrowed one right now).

muu

looks like the bazaar freeze was a glitch in 1.1 that got fixed yesterday. I ran into it a couple times myself, though not while selling something like some of you encountered...

john tv

Been seeing people running around with badass-looking boomerangs and feeling very jealous! My warrior is lv. 47 so I went with paladin myself; been using a hammer and leveled up to 15 today. Also re-spec'ed my warrior and took everything off swords and put it into courage instead so I could get the HP +30 bonus.

Ran out of equipment slots so I need to finish the equipment expansion quest...

And yeah, nowhere close to being able to get a house. Someday!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Some recent pics from Game Watch.
dqx06.jpg
dqx03.jpg
dqx02.jpg
dqx06.jpg
dqx04.jpg
dqx02.jpg
dqx09.jpg
dqx07.jpg
dqx03.jpg

muu

Hammers... need some tweaking. The abilities for it are apparently a joke. If you rolled a priest pre-1.1 respeccing to spear 88 makes leveling easy for both the priest and paladin; Golden Orcs in Orseco can be downed with 7-8 けもの突き strikes, is more than plentiful, and gets you 40~45k exp with 4 man parties, 30-35k with properly equipped NPCs. Will probably finish those two classes for the skill points.

john tv

Got the Puu-chan double surechigai today. Pretty cool how they have a real person controlling it and moving it around (watched her chat w/ppl, no way it was canned).

21 double surechigai pts now -- got 5 mini medals at 20! Pretty rad.

Nxaef.jpg

Shawn6661

JeuxVideo.fr Import Review

+ the Dragon Quest universe
+ a real MMO for the JRPG fans
+ a real scenario
+ new quests every week
+ playable online in solo
+ perfect accessibility for the childs/newcomers
+ a free offline game
+ the musics

- R.I.P Wii
- 4 characters teams only
- the free offline game is kinda boring
- cost a lot

8/10

Gloam

Turned back into a human today!
The cutscenes leading up to that with your dead human body and the turtle turning into a winged horse were pretty intense
. Currently doing the
Back to the Past
storyline, so hopefully not long to go now 'til the credits! Kinda funny to say that about an MMO...

Here's a picture of my character standing next to a torch!

Buttons

Turned back into a human today!
The cutscenes leading up to that with your dead human body and the turtle turning into a winged horse were pretty intense
. Currently doing the
Back to the Past
storyline, so hopefully not long to go now 'til the credits! Kinda funny to say that about an MMO...

Here's a picture of my character standing next to a torch!

So all your characters turn back into a human in the end? I am really looking forward to playing this in the future but I would really like to stay my chosen race and not become a human, is it possible? :eek:

john tv

So all your characters turn back into a human in the end? I am really looking forward to playing this in the future but I would really like to stay my chosen race and not become a human, is it possible? :eek:
You can switch back and forth at will once you pass a certain point.
So yes.

Teknoman

Really hope the WiiU version releases in North America and soon. After everything thats happened between VIII and IX's release, I cant see it not make its way here.

Even if its just a digital release on the Eshop.

muu

The hero poses are awesome. Too bad we never got anyone that bought the front/back poses.

cz5Ly.jpg

bjK9A.jpg

Haven't played this thing in a long time, wonder if next update will make it worthwhile to pop in for a bit.

Gloam

I thought I'd get in on the screenshot fun. Here's a shot of my transformation back to human form, excuse the squishiness, capture card likes to mess with aspect ratios.

KansRl.jpg

Also, does anyone know what the deal is with the cape in this screenshot from the newest trailer? I've only ever seen in NPCs with capes. Didn't know players could wear them!

1l43kl.jpg

extralite

Also, does anyone know what the deal is with the cape in this screenshot from the newest trailer? I've only ever seen in NPCs with capes. Didn't know players could wear them!

Weren't they added with the ranger class? Not sure if and when capes were added. But I did see a party with a member wearing a cape yesterday in Mewlell Forest.

Gloam

Weren't they added with the ranger class? Not sure if and when capes were added. But I did see a party with a member wearing a cape yesterday in Mewlell Forest.

Sweet I'm going to harass some guys with capes, see if I can get one, love a cape I do! I really need to finish up the
Into the Past segment, I'm a little worried about the 120 minute time limit on the dungeon, not that I really think it'll take that long, but it sets up certain expectations of difficulty throwing a number like that at you.

extralite

At level 48 it was very doable. Also you clear certain parts for good so when you come back you can walk straight to the boss like most dungeons. 2h would still be enough to beat it completely on first attempt if you have enough MP left or enough recovery items for the boss.

I still need to finish the Dolworm Key Emblem and the fifth episode for each of the distributed story quests. The Doll's Ragnarok quests are hillarious, gives a whole new dimension to FFVII's Midgard/norse mythology elements and I guess to Valkyrie Profile and other JRPGs with Valkyries (haven't really played any of those).

extralite

Tomorrow between 2 and 12 a.m. Japanese Time there will be a scheduled maintenance to prepare the 1.2 update which supposedly will roll out right after the maintenance.

It brings two new jobs (magic knight and super star), party play exclusive random generated dungeons, ability to raise levels up to 60, hair dresser to change your character's hair color, a store to style your equipment, more tensei monsters (pink slime knight) and maybe some other stuff I forgot.

tumblr_mtosvaicXz1scksbco1_1280.jpg

extralite

What's the deal with the new coloured baubles menu at the concierge?

It's a lottery. You can get tickets from the random dungeons, two per day for defeating a boss.

The random dungeons are unlocked with a quest in Rendor and have nicer graphics since the number of player and enemy characters is fixed at low counts. For example there's a nice mirror effect on the floor of the traditional Japanese themed dungeon area.

Yuripaw

Banned
I want this game to be localized so much >_< One of the reasons I got a Wii U was the hope that we might get this game in the states. The art style makes the game so pretty to me, even for the regular Wii version, but the trailer for the Wii U version made it look awesome.

I need some help.

I've started the game, finished the offline portion, started as a Pukuripo Warrior.
I've bought all the gear in Pukuripo village, I'm now level 13 thanks to some heavy duty grinding.

Took me a while to work out how to spend my skill points - my Japanese is by no means good.

a) Can I reallocate my skill points?
b) My pockets are full, is there any in-game storage?
c) What are the opening quests for Pukuripo village? Anyone got any clues as to who I should speak to, what should I do?
d) Are there any in-game guilds? (Does GAF have one?)
e) Is there a way of seeing what quests I have in progress on the hiroba.dqx.jp site?

Please, feel free to add me in-game, my character name is &#12465;&#12493;&#12487;(Kenede), my id is WL092-223.

extralite

I need some help.

I've started the game, finished the offline portion, started as a Pukuripo Warrior.
I've bought all the gear in Pukuripo village, I'm now level 13 thanks to some heavy duty grinding.

Took me a while to work out how to spend my skill points - my Japanese is by no means good.

a) Can I reallocate my skill points?
b) My pockets are full, is there any in-game storage?
c) What are the opening quests for Pukuripo village? Anyone got any clues as to who I should speak to, what should I do?
d) Are there any in-game guilds? (Does GAF have one?)
e) Is there a way of seeing what quests I have in progress on the hiroba.dqx.jp site?

Please, feel free to add me in-game, my character name is &#12465;&#12493;&#12487;(Kenede), my id is WL092-223.

a) Not until much later (level 40 or 45 I think).
b) There are storages in all the later cities and traveler stops. Just leave the first village of your tribe.
c) Look for purple NPCs on the map. They have quests for you.
d) Yes, refer to the OP/ask john tv.
e) There's a quest list in &#12379;&#12435;&#12428;&#12365; (second option on the right side of the ingame traditional standard menu), the last one: &#12463;&#12456;&#12473;&#12488;. Hiroba has a chronological list of all your achievements, maybe the quests are listed there too (they are when you clear them at least), but it'd be a pain to look for them there.

Getting an error when trying to log-in today:

&#21033;&#29992;&#35215;&#32004;&#12408;&#12398;&#21516;&#25010;&#12364;&#12394;&#12356;&#12383;&#12417;
&#12496;&#12540;&#12472;&#12519;&#12531;&#12450;&#12483;&#12509;&#12364;&#12391;&#12365;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;&#12290;
&#12496;&#12540;&#12472;&#12519;&#12531;&#12450;&#12483;&#12509;&#12434;&#12377;&#12427;&#12395;&#12399;
Wii&#26412;&#20307;&#35373;&#23450;&#20869;&#12398;&#12300;&#21033;&#29992;&#35215;&#32004;&#12301;&#12395;
&#21516;&#25010;&#12375;&#12390;&#12356;&#12383;&#12384;&#12367;&#24517;&#35201;&#12364;&#12354;&#12427;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;

&#65308;&#12508;&#12479;&#12531;&#12434;&#25276;&#12377;&#12392; &#12460;&#12540;&#12512;&#12434;&#65311;&#20102;&#12375;&#12414;&#12377;&#65310;

Anyone have any ideas what this means?

extralite

You can write those kanji but not look them up in a dictionary? ;) It says you need to agree to the user license in the Wii system settings otherwise it cannot perform the update.

Gloam

So, I've been leveling up mage as a sub-class - it's hard going. You have to be very careful with positioning and staying away from monsters. Going from warrior to mage it's like I'm made of glass. Enjoying it though makes a nice change of pace from the warrior set-up.

I went from Lvl. 7-18 just now grinding on Penguins out by Julette village, they go down pretty easy. Probably aiming to have the main story finished up by the end of the month. I was really hoping to have the main stuff done by now but I keep getting distracted, only just found out about the benefits of the class specific quests.

Any of the old regulars still playing?

I'm still playing - I'm a level 16 warrior.
I beat the first boss following through the quest line in Pukuripo village but now I'm looking to find the capital city for the Pukuripo as I want to do both the concierge and support quests (the genkidama and support hiring AI stuff.)

Really have no idea where the capital city is.

I'm heading towards Orufea? Everytime I get near there there is a train line that I see (it looks ace!) and some slime knights in the small passage on the way. They kill me in two hits. :-/

Gloam

Finished the main quest just now took me 171 hours in total. The ending cutscene was amazing, super high quality - I hope that the next mainline Dragon Quest can maintain that level of visual fidelity the whole way through.

extralite

I'd really like to play it again, especially with sage coming in. I just can't find the time. :(

My sage is level 10. :p

I've been trying to download the beta for the last ten minutes but the eShop is down. The beta has only been up for four hours and it's 4 at night in Japan. Maybe no one is awake at Nintendo to fix the servers?

Top Bottom