• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Aeana

I don't have access to the more populated areas since I've yet to beat more than one of the main story areas, but I went around looking for groups of people and took screens. 60 FPS everywhere.

dq10-60fpsmagic1.png

dq10-60fpsmagic3.png

dq10-60fpsmagic4.png

extralite

So you're calling me a liar? Good lord.
Actually I didn't.

I don't have access to the more populated areas since I've yet to beat more than one of the main story areas, but I went around looking for groups of people and took screens. 60 FPS everywhere.
That's not a lot of people though. Try Megistolis on server 1. And remember that the client needs to pull the info for characters in the vicinity as well, it's not just what you see at the moment.

You can go anywhere in the five continents without clearing anything. (Edit: Except for clearing the home town, which you need to use the trains to go to other regions. Beyond that, all maps are connected and other than some event related rooms movement isn't restricted.) Gartlant is the ogre city capitol and Megistolis the Puklipo one. At level 30 you would even be able to fight and win battles on the way, at least for the ogre area. You can avoid enemies if they're too tough in the Puklipo one.

In Gartlant people usually call Saurus Lords so for every party there are around 5 monsters on screen. That's the kind of instance where my frame rate suffers most in the field. Megistolis is an example of a very busy city, on server 1 they sell daily hunts there. Frame rate gets atrocious for that reason.

Edit: And of course, impact on frame rate is most noticable when you rotate the camera.

Gloam

Ah, neat, you're back on the wagon. If you need any help with any of the bosses do let me know. I'm usually on during Kids Time - which probably isn't ideal for a lot of people, hell, it's 8 in the morning 'round here. Don't forget to equip the Winged Slime hat (which I think you get with the second expansion) it increases the experience gained from each battle. Handy in conjunction with the spirit balls for powering up jobs and so on.

extralite

She's playing on the PC demo so she can't gain levels (edit: beyond level 20).

Don't forget to equip the Winged Slime hat (which I think you get with the second expansion) it increases the experience gained from each battle.
It was a reward for coming back after not having played for at least three months I think. Not sure if you still get it that way currently.

It is effective for every party member below 40 as long as the one wearing it is below 40. I recommend hiring a support wearing it. Only the 12 original jobs can wear it, not the two version 2 ones.

Another way to get the hat is by collecting 100 angel hearts which are a rare drop if someone in the party is wearing the angel slime hat, regardless of their level. You can sell the hearts for 100G each or fuse them into the hat in the accessory store in Verinard.

extralite

Ah, my mistake.

Also, I presumed that getting the hat was for buying into the expansion but I suppose it was a happy accident that I was away for a while before jumping in on Version 2.

Well they introduced it to coincide with the expansion and to bring back old subscribers so they were related. But the criteria was the long absence, buying the expansion wasn't necessary.

Aeana

Actually I didn't.

That's not a lot of people though. Try Megistolis on server 1. And remember that the client needs to pull the info for characters in the vicinity as well, it's not just what you see at the moment.

You can go anywhere in the five continents without clearing anything. (Edit: Except for clearing the home town, which you need to use the trains to go to other regions. Beyond that, all maps are connected and other than some event related rooms movement isn't restricted.) Gartlant is the ogre city capitol and Megistolis the Puklipo one. At level 30 you would even be able to fight and win battles on the way, at least for the ogre area. You can avoid enemies if they're too tough in the Puklipo one.

In Gartlant people usually call Saurus Lords so for every party there are around 5 monsters on screen. That's the kind of instance where my frame rate suffers most in the field. Megistolis is an example of a very busy city, on server 1 they sell daily hunts there. Frame rate gets atrocious for that reason.

Edit: And of course, impact on frame rate is most noticable when you rotate the camera.

I don't know where Megistolis is, but I'm done talking to you about this. I don't know what you're trying to prove. I already said that I don't expect to get 60 FPS everywhere in an MMO. I get 60 FPS most places except Revenant's Toll in FF14, where it dips into the 40s, because crowded areas impact framerates regardless. This is completely different from the Wii version of DQ10 running at 15 FPS even in open fields.

You've turned this into a huge thing from a passing comment about how the framerate seemed good to me, and apparently that's so objectionable to you for some reason.

extralite

This is completely different from the Wii version of DQ10 running at 15 FPS even in open fields.

Look, now I'm calling you a liar.

First let's check that I'm understanding you correctly. Your use of even to me implies that you see 15 fps as a kind of good case scenario for the Wii version of the game. It doesn't get much better than that? Field is not worse than city spaces with more people?

Next I'd like to express my admiration for your ability to count frames with your bare eyes. I can simply judge low/high, maybe close to 60, 30 or 15 frames. 15 frames was the rate for PS1 pre rendered movies so I'd use that as a comparison.

Here is a video I captured of the Wii version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLLMrtTf-M

The video is 30 fps so any frames the Wii might have rendered in excess of 30 fps cannot be seen.

Now if you were right and a typical frame rate for the game would be 15 fps then this video should have one duplicate frame for every distinct frame. But when I open it in VirtualDub and go frame by frame, every following frame is distinct so it actually reaches 30 fps at least.

I think we can agree the frame rate takes dips in certain situations, sometimes extreme ones to 15 fps and below. The Wii U version does too. I expect the PC version does too. Because in my experience it is linked to the quality of the internet connection and the strain put on it by the number of players that need to be synced between server and console.

But saying the Wii version is 15fps eye straining all the time is simply not right. Somewhat low frame rates are frequently noticable but as we can see in my video, 30 fps isn't rare either.

Aeana

What are you even arguing about?

You're picking an argument for no reason other than some sort of semantic pedantry. Why does it matter to you this much? I thought my comment about 15 FPS was very clearly a deliberate exaggeration. It's like it offends you that unstable framerates make me physically ill the the point of having to take dramamine. I'm sorry, I can't control that. I wish I could, I would enjoy a lot of games more.

If this is all about your hypothesis of the framerate being linked to internet speed, I've never played a single MMO where that is the case, and it does not even make any logical sense. It also is not reflected in my experiences with the PC version of DQ10 as I walked around a bunch of places earlier today. Even in FF11, if you lost your connection you would walk around and other people would just be standing still. There might be stutters as people load in, but that's not due to internet, that's due to loading data from disk and rendering them on the screen.

I'm sorry it's so unbelievable to you that I can walk around in the PC version of DQ10 with a framerate that is miles better than the Wii version. That is so inane to me that I have no idea how to even begin responding to it.

extralite

First of all, that is impressive, coming from the console versions. Not that I would get such a result because my PC renders below Wii U resolution (640 x 480) and doesn't manage steady 60fps in the benchmark but that looks really nice.

What are you even arguing about?

You're picking an argument for no reason other than some sort of semantic pedantry. Why does it matter to you this much? I thought my comment about 15 FPS was very clearly a deliberate exaggeration. It's like it offends you that unstable framerates make me physically ill the the point of having to take dramamine. I'm sorry, I can't control that. I wish I could, I would enjoy a lot of games more.
Sorry but this is where I have to call you out again, there was nothing to indicate that you were exaggerating.

And saying 15 fps when I show you a minute long video that has steady 30 fps(+) is more than a deliberate exaggeration. Of course 60 fps is better but 30fps is more than fine for a non action game. DQX doesn't require split second reactions.

And you're free to enjoy or not enjoy a game for whatever reasons. But this isn't pedantry. Saying 15 fps for a 30 fps game is just wrong. If you state a number it better should be true. We're not supposed to understand the 60 fps on PC as exaggeration either. So let's make the comparison fair and accurate.

I guess my attempt at explaining the perceived variance in frame rate with the internet connection is likely wrong. In the end, this is about subjective perception. When you expect the frame rate to be low, you notice it is. When you don't, the same rate feels alright. That is the conclusion I've come to.

Because once you measure it, it seems it is steady 30 fps throughout. Which is fine until you rotate the camera. Confirming 60 fps on PC is much easier and looks nicer anyway. I'd prefer to play in 60 fps too. But I still have been playing the game for almost two years now at 30 fps even when that is jarring sometimes.

Anyway, good you found a way to play the game you couldn't enjoy until now.

extralite

Potential Megaton: Apparently the IP lock for DQX is gone. I could play without a VPN today.

How do I unlock the 2.0 continent? Is there a specific quest chain I need to do?

You need to clear the main story of disc one. So get all 10 key emblems, beat the human scenario
(change the past)
so you can reach the last dungeon and beat
Nergel

I thought you already did that? You don't need to do the distributed story quests of version 1. If you beat the disc one boss you just need to go to Rendor harbor and board the ship.

Aeana

Only a few more days before the all-in-one package is out. If the IP lock is gone... omg. I'm gonna test it with the trial now once it finishes updating.

Aeana

Uhhh, you're right.
I was able to log in without a VPN. Wow.

I made a thread on Dragon's Den asking for other people to weigh in. So far, Raging Avatar replied saying that he was also able to log in without a VPN. Looking more confirmed now.

Gloam

Potential Megaton: Apparently the IP lock for DQX is gone. I could play without a VPN today.

You need to clear the main story of disc one. So get all 10 key emblems, beat the human scenario
(change the past)
so you can reach the last dungeon and beat
Nergel

I thought you already did that? You don't need to do the distributed story quests of version 1. If you beat the disc one boss you just need to go to Rendor harbor and board the ship.

I did beat the final guy, but I only have 7 of the key emblems. When I go to the harbour there's a dude in a pirate hat standing in front of the entrance to the boat. Do I need to get the other emblems?

I was also able to log in just now. Happy days?

extralite

I did beat the final guy, but I only have 7 of the key emblems. When I go to the harbour there's a dude in a pirate hat standing in front of the entrance to the boat. Do I need to get the other emblems?

I was also able to log in just now. Happy days?

Probably not. For some reason I thought you need all key emblems to even get to the boss but apparently not.

Sinople

No, talk to a concierge to unlock the quest n. 264 then go kill Killer Machines until one drop a 無限の磁力石 (Infinite magnetism stone). After that, buy one 時の水晶 (Time crystal) in the bazaar and 5 魔法の聖水 (Magic holy water) and talk to a concierge again to obtain a pass.

Gloam

Thanks Sinople, I'll get on that. Think I'm gonna have to hook up the Wii over thr weekend as it's the easiest way to resubscribe. Not too excited about reinstalling process though.

muu

Is the connection this choppy usually or is it mostly extended server woes coming from the Colosseum update a few days back? I used leftover Wii points to get started again before the combo pack becomes available, but I'm getting disconnected left and right. I was fighting mobs for the lv60 limit quest, every other fight I'd lose connection, nevermind trying to get there. Thankfully the guys I used to play with are all lv80 and my support pt can kill those things on sight...

Gloam

Is the connection this choppy usually or is it mostly extended server woes coming from the Colosseum update a few days back? I used leftover Wii points to get started again before the combo pack becomes available, but I'm getting disconnected left and right. I was fighting mobs for the lv60 limit quest, every other fight I'd lose connection, nevermind trying to get there. Thankfully the guys I used to play with are all lv80 and my support pt can kill those things on sight...

Try server 33 I was playing on there this morning with no trouble.

extralite

@Gloam
Sorry, I had forgotten about the quest to fix the compass for the ship. More than half a year since I did that myself.

I haven't had any issues with my connection since the IP lock is gone. The worst I got was yellow and even that is very rare now. Most days I never go below green. I play on Wii U and on server 30 (which is busy but not as busy as 1 for example).

A lot of my friends in Japan still play on Wii and for them the connection has become more stable with successive updates. They didn't get kicked from the server recently either.

BTW, that you can hire friends and team members as supports even if they're higher than your own highest job level is a very recent change. It came with 2.2.5 a few weeks ago. Other supports that aren't in your friend list or team members still are restricted by your own level. They really make it easy for returners and newcomers.

Gloam

Where's a good place to fight Killer Machines for the 2.0 boat quest? Its been a while since I've played properly.

muu

Connection issues turned out to be a Wifi issue. Wii's wifi chip must suck, I turned it around and propped it at a better angle towards the router and I have had 0 issues since.

Trying to get the PC version through Amazon JP now, put in a hotel address as per Woodus forums suggestions and let my CC know but the purchase has hit a snag regardless. Hopefully it goes through...

extralite

Where's a good place to fight Killer Machines for the 2.0 boat quest? Its been a while since I've played properly.

I went to Vas (but I have a ruler close by). Take the train to Verinard (you need to have the key emblem for it, otherwise walk from Julette), leave for the northern region, head north-west to reach Vas. The killer machines are in the east corner, below the river.

muu

And the order went through! Downloading on my main machine at home, guess I'll have that to look forward to after work.

BTW, that you can hire friends and team members as supports even if they're higher than your own highest job level is a very recent change. It came with 2.2.5 a few weeks ago. Other supports that aren't in your friend list or team members still are restricted by your own level. They really make it easy for returners and newcomers.

And they're smart to do so. The main appeal of DQ to me is how easy it is to get up and running.

Aeana

Just about ready to dive back in now, but... I have no idea what I was doing in the game. I know the game has a little thing that reminds you of main scenario stuff to do, at least I remember seeing that while walking around in the PC trial, but man, I barely remember what I've already done in the game. It almost makes me want to start a new character, but then I'd lose all of this stuff I got while I haven't been playing.

Gloam

Just about ready to dive back in now, but... I have no idea what I was doing in the game. I know the game has a little thing that reminds you of main scenario stuff to do, at least I remember seeing that while walking around in the PC trial, but man, I barely remember wat I've already done in the game. It almost makes me want to start a new character, but then I'd lose all of this stuff I got while I haven't been playing.

You could make a new character and mail items from.your old character.

extralite

Just about ready to dive back in now, but... I have no idea what I was doing in the game. I know the game has a little thing that reminds you of main scenario stuff to do, at least I remember seeing that while walking around in the PC trial, but man, I barely remember what I've already done in the game. It almost makes me want to start a new character, but then I'd lose all of this stuff I got while I haven't been playing.

Buy a house and the movie projector, you can watch past event scenes with it. Check your quest list. Check your important items for key emblems. That should bring you up to speed.

Also, you leveled one job to 30. You did next to nothing yet.

Making a secondary character like Gloam suggested is a good idea also. You cannot mail some items like the angel slime hat but you can hire yourself with the other char and collect 50 angel slime hearts to make another.

john tv

Yeah, I've been wanting to get back for a long time but it's hard to pick up from where I left off because I don't remember what I was in the middle of. I did too much to even consider starting over, but that said, I'm hoping it'd only take an hour or two to get back in the groove.

Gloam

Yeah, I've been wanting to get back for a long time but it's hard to pick up from where I left off because I don't remember what I was in the middle of. I did too much to even consider starting over, but that said, I'm hoping it'd only take an hour or two to get back in the groove.

I know how you guys feel. I was at that stage after I got the PC version of the game, had no idea what to do next. Now, I just set myself little goals: do this quest, get this item, see this thing. I've yet to start any of the 2.0 stuff, but I intend to get on that very soon.

Aeana

I know how you guys feel. I was at that stage after I got the PC version of the game, had no idea what to do next. Now, I just set myself little goals: do this quest, get this item, see this thing. I've yet to start any of the 2.0 stuff, but I intend to get on that very soon.
Well, I know what my main goals should be. Obviously I need to work toward getting my human form back. But there's lots of smaller stuff, plus there were a ton of extra things added to the game since I quit that I'm sure I don't know about... learning what's new in the game and also remembering the basics of the game will be interesting.

extralite

The beach event started today so you should all go to Curalana Beach. Check your mail.

Curalana can be reached from Julette: Leave through the east exit, head north to reach Curalana Shore. There find the entrance to the beach area on the northern edge, slightly to the east.

muu

Steamrolled thru the 2.0 storyline. Main storyline reward EXP is ridiculous now; Went from 55 -> 65 with just those EXP bonuses alone.

extralite

Steamrolled thru the 2.0 storyline. Main storyline reward EXP is ridiculous now; Went from 55 -> 65 with just those EXP bonuses alone.

Yeah but you have 13 more jobs that need to be leveled as well. Once you start the 2.1 part you will probably also want to go back to doing the distributed quests you missed on the 5 tribes' continents for the bonus ruler stone.

The Rendacia storyline is incredible btw. It gets even better in 2.1.

muu

Yeah but you have 13 more jobs that need to be leveled as well. Once you start the 2.1 part you will probably also want to go back to doing the distributed quests you missed on the 5 tribes' continents for the bonus ruler stone.

The Rendacia storyline is incredible btw. It gets even better in 2.1.

The individual stories have been very fun. A little disappointed in all the damsels in distress that're in the stories though... It's excessive considering this is DQ.

cube001

I just got the all in one package for PC from square's e-shop using a vpn and webmoney, and was able to continue playing with my 2 years old wii level 30 character.

The game plays smooth at 60fps almost all the time, but the frame rate dips to around 50 fps in really populated areas, I find that odd given the fact that I'm running an i7-4930k @4.8GHz + 2x Titan Black SLI, even if it was a single threaded CPU bound game, I think I can do better.

Did anyone manage to optimize the game further? Also, anyone managed to run the game at ultrawide resolutions?

Edit: Here is a screenshot where my frame rate is around 45fps

extralite

The individual stories have been very fun. A little disappointed in all the damsels in distress that're in the stories though... It's excessive considering this is DQ.

The individual stories are all part of a bigger story. Merzandee, Zeledo and Arahageero all illuminate the same theme from different angles (I won't start using spoiler tags here just yet because in 2.1 you will probably see it yourself).

Damsel in distress is such an easy label to say very little at all. Also, except for Mishua I don't think it even fits.

In DQ, like many RPGs, you travel around to places where people (of both genders) need help, which you as the hero(ine) provide. Liselotta is the queen of Zeledo, that she sends you on fetch quests to places where monsters are hardly makes her a DiD. Otherwise all the kings in this and previous DQs would be DiDs also.

Serafee is actively trying to stop Belmudo, you tag along and help out. I don't think that makes her a DiD.

And Mishua, since you completed 2.0 you know that
Mishua was an identity Ann-Lucia assumed in the fake Rendacia to escape her role as the hero princess. Which took a life of its own and only existed in the fake reality. To really awaken as the hero princess she has to return to the real Rendacia.
So the DiD is revealed to be a comforting escapistic device for the player and the story actually leads them to confront it and dispose of it.

DQX is also the only DQ I think where the hero type that was playable in earlier games is always female. In comparison to earlier installments where the hero was either male or choosable male/female.

Aeana

I logged on a bit to mess around, extralite showed me where to find the beach event. Super sleepy now though, so I'll have to finish checking it out tomorrow. I'm so, so, so incredibly disoriented in the game right now. I barely remember how anything works. But it being 3 AM and me operating on only a couple of hours of sleep to begin with isn't helping at all, I'm sure.

Talking to the concierge overloaded me with stuff. He gave me a strange small box, gave me 55k in gold for not playing in so long, told me about "my home" (I assume this is housing? I dunno how much it costs or what you need for that), and probably some other things. It was a bunch of stuff.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he gave me casino coins and lottery tickets too I think.

EDIT2: I was reading the official site, and I guess people who come back to the game are getting a free land ticket as part of a welcome back campaign. That's really helpful. :eek:

extralite

EDIT2: I was reading the official site, and I guess people who come back to the game are getting a free land ticket as part of a welcome back campaign. That's really helpful. :eek:

I think that ticket can be used for either small or middle sized land. If you buy it for gold, the middle sized is slightly more expensive.

But so are the houses (not included in the ticket) and whatever changes you make to the materials used in the interior, exterior and garden will cost a lot more for a M house. So you might want to go for S regardless if you want to decorate it nicely and not spend too much money.

Item storage (cupboard and rooftop) doesn't increase with a bigger house but you have more space to place furniture. Even without buying a house the land you obtain will come with a ruler stone.

Aeana

I went to cash in my offline hours and I see that they have two new types of energy balls. It seems like the super energy ball's primary difference compared to the regular one is that it gives increased exp and gold to the party rather than just you, right?

extralite

Yes. It is also effective on tamed monsters and the only way to boost their exp.

There is a fourth type of energy ball as well but you cannot see it yet because you didn't clear the intensive training quest yet. In intensive training you don't get any experience but stamps from strong class, so called target monsters.

As you accumulate stamps you can get extra skill points. It is also the only way to grow your job once it reached the level cap. Since experience points become meaningless at that point so do the regular energy balls.

For that they added intensive training energy balls. Their effect only lasts 3 minutes but it boosts stamps received. They're best used before metal slime enemy types in the magic maze.

Aeana

Sigh. For some reason, I don't seem to qualify for the comeback rewards... even though I just resubbed today. What's the deal? :( If I ruined it by getting the PC trial a couple of months ago, that is super silly.

I guess playing on the trial counts as "playing" so I don't get credit for not playing within the advertised period. That hat seems super good, too. :(

Is there any other way to get the hat? I heard something about using angel hearts to craft it or something but I can't find any info about that.

extralite

Sigh. For some reason, I don't seem to qualify for the comeback rewards... even though I just resubbed today. What's the deal? :( If I ruined it by getting the PC trial a couple of months ago, that is super silly.

I guess playing on the trial counts as "playing" so I don't get credit for not playing within the advertised period. That hat seems super good, too. :(

Is there any other way to get the hat? I heard something about using angel hearts to craft it or something but I can't find any info about that.

You probably logged in between June 1st and July 24th. PC version demo would count in that case.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/44c4c17332cace2124a1a836d9fc4b6f/

カムバックさん
2014年5月31日以前までオンラインモードでプレイしていたが、2014年6月1日~2014年7月24日のメンテナンス開始前までの間に、ゲームに一度もログインされていない方。

606_004.gif

You can get the effect of the angel slime hat just by having a support or human player wearing the hat. The one wearing the hat must be level 49 or lower or no one will get the boost. It then works on all party members below 50 except for tamed monsters.

You can make your own angel slime hat by collecting 50 angel slime hearts, which will rarely be dropped by any enemy if you have someone in the party wearing the hat, regardless of their level. Once you have 50 take them to the accessory shop in Verinard (capital of the Weddie region).

You could hire my secondary character Sorina, I usually register her with a below 50 job and wearing the hat. She has many passives and is reasonably strong for a secondary character. Edit: I see you're currently using her, thanks. ;)

Aeana

I actually did hire Sorina. I fought around for 30 minutes of genki time, but I didn't get any angel hearts. :\

I did some searching and there's some dev posts talking about how enemies that are weak won't drop angel hearts, but there's no indication of whether that means to the player, or to the "party" (i.e., to the highest-leveled party member).

extralite

I actually did hire Sorina. I fought around for 30 minutes of genki time, but I didn't get any angel hearts. :\

I did some searching and there's some dev posts talking about how enemies that are weak won't drop angel hearts, but there's no indication of whether that means to the player, or to the "party" (i.e., to the highest-leveled party member).

I should have mentioned that. The drop rate rises with strong enemies. Strong as evaluated by the bonus the whole party gets. The highest level party member decides that one for the whole party.

It might be next to or even zero for enemies that rank below your highest level party member but I always thought it was just lower. 30 minutes without a single drop can happen with strong enemies too. It is a rare drop after all. I got my hats after weeks if not months of casual leveling (back then you still needed 100 hearts).

I heard from people who got it in a few days though. Anyway, you don't need one yourself right away, it's easy to hire supports with the hat as they're listed first at the tavern. I'd still pick one with good stats though. Friends with the hat are best obviously but may not always be a job you want to use at the time.

For leveling the monster tamer and tool wielder you need a support anyway as they cannot wear the hat.

Edit: BTW, every party member gets the same drops unless they didn't take part in the battle for the whole duration. For example if you steal something and a party member joins afterward, they won't get the stolen treasure.

Aeana

Thanks for the clarification, that helps.

I decided to just forget about focusing on it and just keep hiring people with the hat and play normally. I came across the level 30 priest quest in Azlan and that was pretty cool. I was thrown off by the... really cheap-looking trailer for the level 35 priest quest at the end, but I actually didn't even know there were class quests in this game (or if I did, I completely forgot. It has been 2 years, after all). Pretty cool stuff!

EDIT: Just came across this questgiver at the town entrance, too. He said it's a daily kind of quest, but is it daily per place, or do you just pick a single one from anywhere in the world and that's all you can do in one day?

extralite

EDIT: Just came across this questgiver at the town entrance, too. He said it's a daily kind of quest, but is it daily per place, or do you just pick a single one from anywhere in the world and that's all you can do in one day?

The selection differs depending if you're in a first city or capital, with the capital having stronger enemies and higher rewards but on each day the quests will be the same for all regions. If you complete one, you can't accept another anywhere else. But you can report it where ever you want, not just where you accepted it.

The number of quests and their random values are determined based on your reputation level. But you can also accept quests of other players if they're the leader of the party you're currently in.

In our team we usually compare quests and let others have it if they're interested. We also go together because not everyone has a high monster tamer or other job that is useful for a given quest. And it's just more fun with more people.

You can also buy quests from people selling them in Megistolis for example.

The daily hunts are great for gradual leveling because you can pick a goal each day with a reasonable number of the same enemy, you can get a good amount of gold for completing the hunt quest and collect tiny medals you get for defeating a hundred of the same monster (the list shows how many enemies you already defeated for each suggestion).

And if you're short on time you can pick a low reward one you can finish quickly which ensures you get the 5 lottery tickets after five days of hunting quests completed. You can skip a day, once 5 are accumulated you get the ticket set.

Top Bottom