• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Caerith

Something just occured to me, and forgive me if this has been said already.
The OT title, that's based on
The final boss in Odin Sphere
, isn't it?
Yup, good catch.

Yes, the word means 10,000 units. Awful translation.
Google translate keeps insisting that the Dwarf is Australian, so yeah, not exactly a babel fish. Still, 180k sales is great-- that's six times better than Muramasa's opening week.

Quixzlizx

I've weakened and double-dipped the Vita version. I know people who are getting both versions, and I got a discount when I preordered the PS3 version over a year ago.

Now I'm going to spending the week thinking of names and messages.

Overboost

Awesome news. Didn't expect it to top Ace Attorney 5 in its first week, but #2 and #3 in Japan are nice to have, especially with a Vita title in the top 3.

I also expect global sales to do exceptionally well, based on the Amazon.com ranking when pre-orders first went live. Good to see Vanillaware finally getting the numbers they deserve.

Kamina

Golden Boy
So is there a way to change the voices to Japanese in the english version?
(don't have my copy yet)

Salaadin

Do any stats and levels gained playing co-op carry over to your single player? Do any stages cleared during co-op also become cleared in single player?
Vita version, btw.

Preordered ps3 version, have credit in my psn account for the vita version

Can't wait

I asked this in the other topic but didn't get confirmation. Ps3 Couch co op is in from the very beginning right? Some guys were saying that they "finally unlocked multiplayer" and I wasn't sure what they meant

Preordered ps3 version, have credit in my psn account for the vita version

Can't wait

I asked this in the other topic but didn't get confirmation. Ps3 Couch co op is in from the very beginning right? Some guys were saying that they "finally unlocked multiplayer" and I wasn't sure what they meant

Yes it's from the start on PS3 but remember all the player characters levels are tied to your save game and account. So if they buy the game and want to continue playing with their characters online, they will have to start over.

Only depressing thing about DC coming out...means there aren't any mroe Vanillaware games to look forward to :(

I wanted GKH damnit!

Can't wait for this game!

Sois it confirmed that you can get different loots, but onlyt the weapons have differnt looks? In other words... its just names and stats of items that are different, not the actual appearance? Thanks!

From what I can tell, money isn't gathered on a per-character basis. Every character that picks up gold contributes to a shared pool. That pool is associated with the save file, which stores data on all the items in your inventory, your gold, and the characters in your tavern.

butman

Guys, i have a Vita only with Persona 4, and a PS3 with almost all the good games that i want. I want to try this game...

VITA or PS3 version, and why?

baconcow

Guys, i have a Vita only with Persona 4, and a PS3 with almost all the good games that i want. I want to try this game...

VITA or PS3 version, and why?

Vita
Reason: portable (probably a better fit for the stage/quest lengths), OLED screen (unless you have a killer calibrated plasma, or an LED), and touchscreen for interacting with the environment (you need to use the right stick with the PS3). Watch the IGN stream. It looked like the guy was playing on the Vita.

Andrew.

Banned
This is the first time I've ever pre ordered a game off Amazon.

Are they known to send out copies early? Just wondering if there's a chance I could score this on Monday.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This is the first time I've ever pre ordered a game off Amazon.

Are they known to send out copies early? Just wondering if there's a chance I could score this on Monday.

There's a chance, but it's highly highly unlikely.

If you didn't do release date shipping, you won't even get it on release day (probably well later in the week, if not the following week).

Waaaaait a minute... the PS3 version has no voice chat in MP? What the hell did I just order this headset for!?

Huh. Is that a design choice?

Andrew.

Banned
There's a chance, but it's highly highly unlikely.

If you didn't do release date shipping, you won't even get it on release day (probably well later in the week, if not the following week).

Nah it's release day shipping via Prime =D

Already have the confirmation it'll be here on the 6th, but I know people on here have claimed getting stuff early before.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Says that they sold 180.000 units in the first week, with solid DD sales.

I don't know how the hell Google Translate renders "juu hachi man" as 18 million. :D

Like Korean, the next number digit place after one thousand isn't ten thousand but is called million. What they say is million is different from what we say is million.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nah it's release day shipping via Prime =D

Already have the confirmation it'll be here on the 6th, but I know people on here have claimed getting stuff early before.

Then you're good. I think some areas are more susceptile to getting games early, but it's still very rare.

I never get a game early where I live.

Eterniti

Do you guys think its good to have both versions? Or would it matter? Need to save some money which is why. :(

I played it primarily on Vita and it's the same game there, except you're not playing it on a 1080p HDTV. If you want to save money, get the Vita version since it's cheaper.

EDIT: Being that I have both versions, I can honestly say that it's a nicety to have both. But seeing as how there's no cross-play or cross-buy, it's tough to justify paying $90 for the whole thing.

Top Bottom