• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

KLonso

Anyone playing on Vita, feel free to add me up.

My PSN is in my profile, just say that you're from GAF in the friend request

augmental

I'm really impressed with the quickness of the Elf. If she dodges and the enemies collide do they damage each other? That would add some strategy.

RustyO

Nice OT!

Looking forward to this, but no idea when it comes out locally? But keen to get some good old fashioned D&D style action going.

Caerith

Yes, it's necessary due to the way the first half of the game is structured. It will make sense when you play it.
How do Hard and Infernal play after beating Normal? Is online locked again? Do you just jump straight to the B paths or do you need to replay everything?

Endo Punk

Gotta wait until the Autumn!? Well they better pack in free extra's like Demon's Souls. This game will be my last for this gen but I'd like to try a demo first, will there be a demo?

I know whom I will choose when I get my hands on the game :D The Dwarf like in Golden Axe, you can't go wrong with that much power.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Caerith, one more thing you could add to the OT.

It's possible to edit each letter in the character's name by changing its width/height/tilt/size.

Vanille

How do Hard and Infernal play after beating Normal? Is online locked again? Do you just jump straight to the B paths or do you need to replay everything?

You go straight to the B paths again. The game basically treats hard and infernal as an extension of the main quest, so all of the progress you made in normal is carried over and you don't have to worry about unlocking online or anything again.

Caerith

Caerith, one more thing you could add to the OT.

It's possible to edit each letter in the character's name by changing its width/height/tilt/size.
Huh. That would explain some of the screenshots. How many options are there for each, and can they be combined?

Nazeem38

Banned
For those of you who imported the game, I have a question.

Can you set your own custom welcome/death messages for co-op or are they predetermined?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
For those of you who imported the game, I have a question.

Can you set your own custom welcome/death messages for co-op or are they predetermined?

You can set your own. My dwarf predictably says "It's Clobberin' Time" when he enters. When my fighter dies, his quote is "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit" because I've been rewatching The Wire.

Marvelous

Not sure if I should name my elf Abigail or Yagyu.
Think I'll go with Sharon for the Sorceress and Jaycee/Jaycie for the Amazon.
As for the Wizard... maybe Yeshua or Jafar, lol.

Edit: On second thought, maybe I should go with Chardonnay for the Amazon.

I'm torn about whether to play this or Tales of Xillia first. I'll probably go with Dragon's Crown, since Xillia will be the bigger time investment.

Or both if you're getting the Vita version. Play Xillia when you're home and DC on the go :D

I honestly don't understand people that don't want to play this on a television. I do not. Will not ever. I accept that it's preference, and will leave it as such.

Cheska

I honestly don't understand people that don't want to play this on a television. I do not. Will not ever. I accept that it's preference, and will leave it as such.

Dragon Crown's in particular or all hand held games?

It's honestly an easy answer for me since I tend to finish hand held games 90% quicker since they're more accessible and I can multitask while I play.

Dragon Crown's in particular or all hand held games?

It's honestly an easy answer for me since I tend to finish hand held games 90% quicker since they're more accessible and I can multitask while I play.

Just talking about Dragon's Crown, here. I certainly understand portable gaming. But the option to play a Vanillaware title in HD on a full-sized television? I shall experience multiple eyegasms.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Huh. That would explain some of the screenshots. How many options are there for each, and can they be combined?
You can see all the options on this screenshot:
PEDBnwF.jpg

Bulbasaur

Banned
Beautiful art style.

The Sorceress might just be the greatest video game character design of all time.

I need to finish Muramasa.

Rocwell

Naming stuff is fun. I'll give it a go.

Sorceress - Moiraine
Dwarf - Weland
Fighter - Tristan
Wizard - Ged
Elf - Birgitte
Amazon - Penthesilea

Young Magus

Preordered via amazon along with Xilla. ULTRA HYPED!! Might go with the wizard or the elf.

PSN: K3nnycsu, Vita-GAF feel free to add!

Tizoc

Like will it?
Pretty sure everything does. Day 1.

Oh is there confirmation on the digital ver. of the game releasing by next week with retail then? I have heard there'll be a digital ver. but no price or release date was mentioned for it ^^;
Mind you the digital ver. of A. Reigns was released weeks after the retail/disc ver. for PS3.

Top Bottom